Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Canadian Politics Redux

1151152153154155157»

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 8,516
    I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones bothered by the appearance of this group's attack ads against the Conservatives/Erin O'Toole.  The article points out how the ads are playing fast and easy with the truth, qualifying these ads as disinformation.  Wonder if Trudeau will call this "noise" as well?

About (worsttimeotoole.ca)

New advocacy group launches pre-election ad campaign against O'Toole, Conservatives | Kamloops This Week
    I really have no answers.  Trudeau is an idiot who is completely incompetent and out of touch with reality...

O’Tool seems like a decent man who is trying modernize the conservatives...

But at this point I think Singh is the most prepared to be PM...

• ZodZod Posts: 7,589
    I'm guessing I'm one of the only ones bothered by the appearance of this group's attack ads against the Conservatives/Erin O'Toole.  The article points out how the ads are playing fast and easy with the truth, qualifying these ads as disinformation.  Wonder if Trudeau will call this "noise" as well?

New advocacy group launches pre-election ad campaign against O'Toole, Conservatives | Kamloops This Week
    I really have no answers.  Trudeau is an idiot who is completely incompetent and out of touch with reality...

I think we'll keep getting Minority governments. Conservatives will keep handily winning the Prairies but struggle to get other seats.  NDP will get their seats from the far left support. Liberals will end up taking what's left.

I don't think really think we have any valid choices that lead to a majority government.
    Zod said:

I think we'll keep getting Minority governments. Conservatives will keep handily winning the Prairies but struggle to get other seats.  NDP will get their seats from the far left support. Liberals will end up taking what's left.

I don't think really think we have any valid choices that lead to a majority government.
    I would not mind a minority with Singh as the Prime Minister.

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin TorontoPosts: 1,563

Man, I had to google Kinsella and go to his twitter to see the clip... and Kinsella’s absolutely right, what the fuck is Trudeau on there? Too bad that even if we had the ability to recall politicians he’d stay in office.

At least he’s good for a laugh, the gun legislation they introduced will do nothing to keep people safe and I’m quite sure the gangsters that killed a guy which I was close to last year were laughing (for a different reason, I laugh so as not to cry, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016

Man, I had to google Kinsella and go to his twitter to see the clip... and Kinsella’s absolutely right, what the fuck is Trudeau on there? Too bad that even if we had the ability to recall politicians he’d stay in office.

At least he’s good for a laugh, the gun legislation they introduced will do nothing to keep people safe and I’m quite sure the gangsters that killed a guy which I was close to last year were laughing (for a different reason, I laugh so as not to cry, lol).
    It’s getting sad.  Warren Kinsella knows his shit.  He’s a liberal who worked in the Chrétien government.  Trudeau IS not a liberal...he is so far left even Singh is scratching his head.  What’s going on in China is genocide and my guess China must have dirt on Trudeau...because no Canadian PM would allow themselves to continually get bitched slapped by China ... of course this is Trudeau and he ain’t no prime minister...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon HeadstoniaPosts: 26,532
    Kinsella is a snake. 
    (Track 10 of The Headstones' Nickels For Your Nightmares)

• Meltdown99 said: Singh has the brains but is in the wrong party. I can't stand the way the Libs spend, it would be "where is the top of the hole" if the NDP was ever in power. And I've voted for that party on a few occasions. 

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Sorry about the quote thingy..................... Singh has the brains but is in the wrong party. I can't stand the way the Libs spend, it would be "where is the top of the hole" if the NDP was ever in power. And I've voted for that party on a few occasions. 

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Kinsella is a snake. 
    I'm genuinely curious why you think so, the columns I've read have mostly seemed reasonable and researched (unlike many of my own posts, lol).

Kinsella is a snake. 
    I'm genuinely curious why you think so, the columns I've read have mostly seemed reasonable and researched (unlike many of my own posts, lol).
    Trudeau is the snake.  Kinsella is a lawyer and journalist... he is also liberal...and has no use for our shit head pm... 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Toronto mayor carries on proud Canadian tradition of spending money to fight thing they say they can&#39;t afford <a href="https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg">https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg</a></p>&mdash; Walking Eagle News (@TheEagleist) <a href="">February 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    edited February 22
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Toronto mayor carries on proud Canadian tradition of spending money to fight thing they say they can&#39;t afford <a href="https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg">https://t.co/sKXzR5GFPg</a></p>&mdash; Walking Eagle News (@TheEagleist) <a href="">February 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    I'll be honest, I was concerned when (I believe) CBC did a story about the guy building the "shelters" with the bent that the city should approve these.  At the time I thought it might end in litigation since the builder wasn't going to stop.  With a homeless person dying in (presumably) one of these shelters I wonder if the builder feels any personal responsibility?

I fully acknowledge that homelessness is no simple issue with many, many facets to it, exacerbated by the pandemic.

Edit to add that the death occurred last week.  One person dead after fire at Toronto homeless encampment | CTV News
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BCPosts: 12,221
    Minassian found guilty today, with the judge rejecting his NCRMD plea. Based on the info I have read, I think this is the correct verdict. The argument for NCRMD seemed scant. 

https://apple.news/A7tmt024YRIaEnN6s5H8RhA
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf