Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,013

MayDay10 said:

FrankieG said:

PettyHead said:

Just signed my wife up for a chance at tickets, come on announcement! She got number 530***, WOW!

I'm not calling you out because this is totally legit, but this is why its so hard to get GA..
    This is exactly why the 'current' lottery system needs to be revamped.

I feel like I need to find a way into multiple memberships just to 'compete' for fan club tickets.
    How would you revamp it? She has every right to be a member as do you and I. Now if she has zero interest in going to the show and is just bettering the odds for her husband and whoever else is going with him then ya that's not cool but I see no way of fixing it personally.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited November 2015
    PJNB said:

How would you revamp it? She has every right to be a member as do you and I. Now if she has zero interest in going to the show and is just bettering the odds for her husband and whoever else is going with him then ya that's not cool but I see no way of fixing it personally.

I felt like the previous system forced fans to jump through some hoops and put in some time and effort, which I liked because I was willing to do it. It took me 8 hours of refreshing to get PJ20 tickets, and it was worth every minute. I had friends who are casual fans who tried for a few minutes, saw it was "sold out" and decided they would just get tickets through TM. These are the people who could go or not go and if they do go they want to hear the hits, have beers, chat with friends during the show and post about it on FB. Now all these people and their wives, brothers, friends, etc. can enter the lottery with the click of a button. Just my opinion.

Hell, even if they went back to the postcard system, half the people wouldnt even bother. "Eh, I'm not gonna go buy stamps and notecards. I'll just get tickets through TM."

I know everyone wants the system that favors them. I'm willing to do anything for tickets, so I want a system that favors loyalty and commitment of time and energy. I just feel like the lottery system has taken away from some of the "die-hardness" in the 10C sections. Actual passion for the music is my biggest annoyance at every show (not just PJ), as people seem to go these days just stare at their phone or talk to their friends during the show.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,013
    Fair enough. I can agree with a lot of that. I think we can also agree that it is impossible to make everyone happy. Sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours with kids/work/life to worry about is not ideal for most though I would admit that I would do it if I had too. That said good luck on the next lottery and I hope it turns out for ya.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Fair enough. I can agree with a lot of that. I think we can also agree that it is impossible to make everyone happy. Sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours with kids/work/life to worry about is not ideal for most though I would admit that I would do it if I had too. That said good luck on the next lottery and I hope it turns out for ya.

The 8 hours was definitely an anomaly due to technical issues and demand. Though it did require time, no other show took that long and the only show I was every shut out of was The Vic (have my own thoughts about that one).

Thanks, you too!
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    How'd the tickets for the Vic get dispersed?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

It was the standard online sale at the time (a.k.a. F5).
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    edited November 2015

Only to members who didn't have a song title in their user name :tongue:
  • Options
    dmbolp said:

Only to members who didn't have a song title in their user name :tongue:

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    conspiracy?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,007

conspiracy?

Sabotage!!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I scored Vic tix... and i still prefer the lotto lol
  • Options
    Eddie flying coach wearing a Vedder shirt feels like a planned PR move to me

smart
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,616

you are going to regret not talking to them....mark my words. :skull:

Nah. I don't think much of short conversations when one side isn't that interested in talking. No regrets.
  • Options

my2hands said:

lets gather our current intel... might need to double check those hotel reservations w/ adjoining rooms before shit gets real

we have a leaked list of dates... source is unknown... discussed at length
    we have sources of sources @ Wells Fargo Philly who conforms a hold
    we have our boy SVRDhand13's source @ Barclays who confirms a hold
    we have sources of sources @ Tampa who confirms a hold & onsale date of early December
    we have seating charts popping up for some of the rumored dates... I forget which ones?
    we have radio stations in London, Ontario confirming Toronto... but is that coming from here? lol
    we have a report in french from Quebec that confirms that show (brand new venue by the way)
    we have a reminder in the 10/10 newsletter
    we have a follow up reminder on 10/24, exactly 2 weeks later
    Latin American tour runs 11/4-11/28

I think its safe to assume there will be an official countdown/rollout including radio announcements before the announcement

the early December date definitely works with the tour ending on Saturday 11/28... announce the week of 11/30-12/4 or 12/7-12/11... BUT, would they send out tweets and reminders that far in advance? I would tend to think not but perhaps they have found that they see a bump in 10c memberships when tours are imminent so they want to maximize it? would they have a ticket sale while on tour on another continent?

when it all boils down, the only thing I give a shit about is that Friday night Philly date. If i am on life support, wheel me into the venue

And someone else on the board confirmed a hold for MSG. Which means the band booked both and had yet to decide as of a few weeks ago. Maybe the NBA/NHL playoffs have something to do with it? From my understanding, MSG has a large fee (something like 25% of ticket sales) that needs to be paid to the venue but Barclays does not (they just have a reserve amount).
    Yes, I have a legit source that says pj has msg on hold for 5/1 and 5/2.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    PJNB said:

MayDay10 said:

FrankieG said:

PettyHead said:

Just signed my wife up for a chance at tickets, come on announcement! She got number 530***, WOW!

I'm not calling you out because this is totally legit, but this is why its so hard to get GA..

I feel like I need to find a way into multiple memberships just to 'compete' for fan club tickets.
    We've all been over this before, but the best idea I have heard so far is to mimic what NIN did a few years ago and only give the fan club tickets to the lotto winners once they have passed security and entered the venue. So you can't walk out with unscanned tickets. This way there is none of this "spouse account ticket flipping" or locals entering the lotto only to flip. It wouldn't eliminate improper resale, but it would reduce it massively.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,007

my2hands said:

lets gather our current intel... might need to double check those hotel reservations w/ adjoining rooms before shit gets real

we have a leaked list of dates... source is unknown... discussed at length
    we have sources of sources @ Wells Fargo Philly who conforms a hold
    we have our boy SVRDhand13's source @ Barclays who confirms a hold
    we have sources of sources @ Tampa who confirms a hold & onsale date of early December
    we have seating charts popping up for some of the rumored dates... I forget which ones?
    we have radio stations in London, Ontario confirming Toronto... but is that coming from here? lol
    we have a report in french from Quebec that confirms that show (brand new venue by the way)
    we have a reminder in the 10/10 newsletter
    we have a follow up reminder on 10/24, exactly 2 weeks later
    Latin American tour runs 11/4-11/28

I think its safe to assume there will be an official countdown/rollout including radio announcements before the announcement

the early December date definitely works with the tour ending on Saturday 11/28... announce the week of 11/30-12/4 or 12/7-12/11... BUT, would they send out tweets and reminders that far in advance? I would tend to think not but perhaps they have found that they see a bump in 10c memberships when tours are imminent so they want to maximize it? would they have a ticket sale while on tour on another continent?

when it all boils down, the only thing I give a shit about is that Friday night Philly date. If i am on life support, wheel me into the venue

And someone else on the board confirmed a hold for MSG. Which means the band booked both and had yet to decide as of a few weeks ago. Maybe the NBA/NHL playoffs have something to do with it? From my understanding, MSG has a large fee (something like 25% of ticket sales) that needs to be paid to the venue but Barclays does not (they just have a reserve amount).
    Yes, I have a legit source that says pj has msg on hold for 5/1 and 5/2.
    Really?!?!?! Awesome!!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    edited November 2015
    PJNB said:

MayDay10 said:

FrankieG said:

PettyHead said:

I would guess your member # is better and you under different circumstances would just use yours to get tix. Now because this format you have 2 Shots at tix and it's possible to get multiple pairs. Multiply this times I am assuming many others... then we see what I saw last usa tour: many people trading "extra pairs" for others' "extra pairs". For someone who went 0 for 8 in the lottery... this sucked.

I'm down with one drawing for the show, then separate later for ga revealed at the show.

Either that or a paperless tickets type of thing where you enter the venue using your cc and the scanner at the turnstile prints your physical tickets as you walk in.

Anyways, whatever they decide I'm cool with. it's their party.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    RE4790 said:

We've all been over this before, but the best idea I have heard so far is to mimic what NIN did a few years ago and only give the fan club tickets to the lotto winners once they have passed security and entered the venue. So you can't walk out with unscanned tickets. This way there is none of this "spouse account ticket flipping" or locals entering the lotto only to flip. It wouldn't eliminate improper resale, but it would reduce it massively.

This seems like a no-brainer. With the emphasis PJ has had on scalping from the beginning, it makes no sense that they haven't done this with 10C tickets. Every time I've mentioned it in the past (every tour) people get up in arms about wanting the ticket stub, which they'll still get, they just have to be inside to get it (immediate entry).

• Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 245

PJNB said:

I felt like the previous system forced fans to jump through some hoops and put in some time and effort, which I liked because I was willing to do it. It took me 8 hours of refreshing to get PJ20 tickets, and it was worth every minute. I had friends who are casual fans who tried for a few minutes, saw it was "sold out" and decided they would just get tickets through TM. These are the people who could go or not go and if they do go they want to hear the hits, have beers, chat with friends during the show and post about it on FB. Now all these people and their wives, brothers, friends, etc. can enter the lottery with the click of a button. Just my opinion.

Hell, even if they went back to the postcard system, half the people wouldnt even bother. "Eh, I'm not gonna go buy stamps and notecards. I'll just get tickets through TM."

I know everyone wants the system that favors them. I'm willing to do anything for tickets, so I want a system that favors loyalty and commitment of time and energy. I just feel like the lottery system has taken away from some of the "die-hardness" in the 10C sections. Actual passion for the music is my biggest annoyance at every show (not just PJ), as people seem to go these days just stare at their phone or talk to their friends during the show.

Well I'm a diehard fan, but work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week and have almost zero access to computer or phone. So unless tickets go on sale Sunday I might as well cancel my membership.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol thats no reason to cancel your membership you should only cancel if pj step out of line and turn to crap or something wrong
    im keeping my membership purely because i like the band as well
  • Options
    ya i love these guys to much to not visit this website at least like 20 times a day lol at least.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    jhager79 said:

PJNB said:

Well I'm a diehard fan, but work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week and have almost zero access to computer or phone. So unless tickets go on sale Sunday I might as well cancel my membership.
    I think the current lottery system was created exactly with this in mind.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    SS225006SS225006 Brunswick (the real one), Germany Posts: 52
    PJ
    1992 Pinkpop, Go Bang Festival Berlin
    2000 Rock am Ring
    2006 Berlin
    2007 Hurricane Festival Scheeßel
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1+2
    2014 Milano, Trieste, Berlin
    2018 Milano, Padova, Roma, Krakow, Berlin
    EV
    2017 Berlin, Firenze, Taormina 1+2
    2019 Firenze, Berlin

• Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    CT "Big concert announcement" at 9AM EST. irockradio.com with Jimmy Koplik (CT Promoter)
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
  • Options
    R-Dub81 said:

CT "Big concert announcement" at 9AM EST. irockradio.com with Jimmy Koplik (CT Promoter)

uh oh... here we go again!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,588
    my2hands said:
    Keep in mind that festivals, especially the European ones, are constantly offering big money for bands to play their events. That's wh every year there are rumors of PJ playing this festival and that festival.

Plus the article mentioned an offer of $1.5 million to the "original G-n-R lineup". That's clearly a stretch as everyone knows Slash and Axl cant be in the same room together nevermind being on stage for 2 hrs.
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    my2hands said:

R-Dub81 said:

uh oh... here we go again!
    :smiley:

this thread is addicting.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    I have a funny feeling about today
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    R-Dub81 said:

Downloaded the app for this station and fired it up..first song playing was Jeremy. I will be listening @ 9
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin