Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    my2hands said:

ckravitz said:

Pure speculation on my part but I'm really starting to believe we could be getting a new record this spring! The extensive touring that is rumored for next year only makes sense after a new record comes out. Not 3 years after their last record came out. This and now reports of the guys catching flights out of Atlanta to head to south America. Why Atlanta? What are they doing there? We all know they have done a lot of recording in Atlanta over the years with Brendan o' brien. They mixed backspacer there. Could they be mixing another record there???

While I honestly doubt it to be the case I've also thought the same thing. Almost like a conscious decision on their part to break from their recent pattern and shock the hell out of everyone. It's certainly not impossible especially if they had unfinished stuff leftover from LB to give them a head start. Again, I still highly doubt it, but you never know.
    Don't forget avocado & backspacer...

I actually think we may be onto something here... I remember ed saying, paraphrasing, in an interview for lightning bolt that there is now a lot of time and buildup for a new album, and that maybe the best thing to do would be to just put one out quickly and surprise people... they could easily do it since they have a small tight camp and longtime producer Brendan O'Brien... and they cleary have a bunch if stuff saved up from the last 3 albums, at least enough to be the foundation of a new album

I think a surprise album would generate a lot of buzz and exposure, so the typical marketing hype leading up to the release may not be needed as much

Bruce just did it recently... and the whole world knows Beyonce did it

Great points! The fact that it would coincide with both the RnR HOF and 25th year doesn't hurt either.

It would be so ridiculously awesome if that happened.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    JWPearl said:

there will always be sceptics and complaints

Without a doubt. The spirited conversation/skepticism is cool, but some folks get downright angry about speculation, or the manner in which they speak (write) comes across that way anyway.
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835

TalonTedd said:

seeing Rearview Mirror cover band on the 7th in Brantford Ontario. Down the street from me. Should give me a little fix.

I plan on making that show too! Saw them at the July 1 Q107 festival down at the Beaches. they were great.
    i saw them after Pearl Jam in London 2013 in a bar. well maybe ill see you there i was hoping to find a couple of 10C members there. ill wear my im analog shirt
    I wear my beer cap to all PJ shows and I wore it on July 1st. Look for the head gear Gard...
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm not worried about the pessimists

Ed, in an interview response to 17 people leaving the 2003 Denver concert in protest of the performance of Bus$leaguer...

"I'd rather talk about the 15,000 that stayed"
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Pure speculation on my part but I'm really starting to believe we could be getting a new record this spring! The extensive touring that is rumored for next year only makes sense after a new record comes out. Not 3 years after their last record came out. This and now reports of the guys catching flights out of Atlanta to head to south America. Why Atlanta? What are they doing there? We all know they have done a lot of recording in Atlanta over the years with Brendan o' brien. They mixed backspacer there. Could they be mixing another record there???

Man, you cannot plant this stuff in my head.....I will believe it !! lol.

Surprise record, multiple leg tour of 20 + shows each. A destination weekend. All announced at once...I can see it now, it's going to happen. That's what the wait is for.....

If they could pull it off at this point in their career and shock us all, it would definitely leave a lasting buzz in the air
  • Options
    TalonTedd said:

TalonTedd said:

seeing Rearview Mirror cover band on the 7th in Brantford Ontario. Down the street from me. Should give me a little fix.

I plan on making that show too! Saw them at the July 1 Q107 festival down at the Beaches. they were great.
    i saw them after Pearl Jam in London 2013 in a bar. well maybe ill see you there i was hoping to find a couple of 10C members there. ill wear my im analog shirt
    I wear my beer cap to all PJ shows and I wore it on July 1st. Look for the head gear Gard...
    ill be wearing my lightning bolt hat as well and jacket...we'll find eachother.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    JWPearl said:

this rumour is inviting and convincing excitement i hope its true and it does make sence to what i think and know but there will always be sceptics and complaints

Hmm please elaborate on what it is you think and know.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Haven't been to this thread or site for over a week and it's complete anarchy. Can't wait to see the way it continues to turn when we don't get an announcement for over a month.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Cool
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    At least I was on wifi most of the day today. Tomorrow I go back to blowing through my data to check this thread.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

demetrios said:

So .. http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?products_id=3545
    RNDM GHOST RIDING DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
    "Ghost Riding" is the title track off RNDM's sophomore album coming March 2016.

If the new RNDM album is released March '16 that would mean a tour for RNDM in March & probably April, am I right?

Do you think maybe, just maybe, all these PJ rumored dates happening April / May is false?

Hahahaha! When I say it I am flamed to no end. Good luck!
    Some might say you were crucified just like Jesus.
    More bullying and disrespecting of my religion. It must be fun to bully me repeatedly.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

demetrios said:

If the new RNDM album is released March '16 that would mean a tour for RNDM in March & probably April, am I right?

Do you think maybe, just maybe, all these PJ rumored dates happening April / May is false?

Plan on attending any of the soon to be announced shows?
    Yes. I usually get a friends and family pass to every show...
  • Options
    RunawaysoulRunawaysoul Germany Posts: 53
    edited November 2015
    I know no one knows yet, but if PJ were about to hit Europe next summer, any idea which month?
    Need to plan days off work and if I'm not quick enough, my workmates will put their names before I do..
    Maybe there are Festival rumours which might help to specify some dates? Would love to make a trip to Amsterdam this time, only did Berlin in 2014 (which I'd do again of course since I live here).

I could be totally wrong here though and there won't be any Europe Shows next year. But if there will be, I'd be glad to have some dates soon..

:)
    Post edited by Runawaysoul on
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,362
    edited November 2015

I know no one knows yet, but if PJ were about to hit Europe next summer, any idea which month?
    Need to plan days off work and if I'm not quick enough, my workmates will put their names before I do..
    Maybe there are Festival rumours which might help to specify some dates? Would love to make a trip to Amsterdam this time, only did Berlin in 2014 (which I'd do again of course since I live here).

I could be totally wrong here though and there won't be any Europe Shows next year. But if there will be, I'd be glad to have some dates soon..

:)

If the last three (even numbered) years are any indication, they should be in Europe in late-June/early July. Perfect timing for festivals and family vacations (for PJ members).
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Well, it's Monday, what did I miss over the weekend? I assume nothing?
  • Options

my2hands said:

demetrios said:

Plan on attending any of the soon to be announced shows?
    Yes. I usually get a friends and family pass to every show...
    Wow, that is awesome! Any show in particular?
  • Options
    This is what you missed...

https://youtu.be/ifEVJ3cWBuU
  • Options
    my2hands said:

This is what you missed...

https://youtu.be/ifEVJ3cWBuU

Boo Dave Grohl. Pearl Jam thread.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Please phone home when there is an announcement -

photo michael_jackson_desktop_884x1024_hd-wallpaper-464526_zpsvo3wo4wb.jpg
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    smarchee said:

hahaha!!
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

This and now reports of the guys catching flights out of Atlanta to head to south America. Why Atlanta? What are they doing there? We all know they have done a lot of recording in Atlanta over the years with Brendan o' brien. They mixed backspacer there. Could they be mixing another record there???

Or it could be that Atlanta is a major hub for international travel, especially when going to S.A.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    Well, at least this week we will get to see some setlists whether or not we get any new 2016 info...
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199

The Mets lost the WS.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    Dr. Matt said:

The Mets lost the WS.
    More like the Royals won the WS. Those dudes never give up.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    ponytd said:

This and now reports of the guys catching flights out of Atlanta to head to south America. Why Atlanta? What are they doing there? We all know they have done a lot of recording in Atlanta over the years with Brendan o' brien. They mixed backspacer there. Could they be mixing another record there???

Or it could be that Atlanta is a major hub for international travel, especially when going to S.A.
    You would be correct.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,351
    yellowwho said:

Surprise record, multiple leg tour of 20 + shows each. A destination weekend. All announced at once...I can see it now, it's going to happen. That's what the wait is for.....

If they could pull it off at this point in their career and shock us all, it would definitely leave a lasting buzz in the air
    An announcement in early December
    yellowwho said:

A dream announcement in early December : pearl jam is proud to announce "_ _" the title of their new album to be released this spring. Followed by east coast tour dates in the spring. Followed by Europe tour dates in late June and early July. Followed by dates at Fenway, Wrigley, Red Rocks, LA Forum, and the Gorge in mid/late August.

I think we all could settle for this! This wouldn't be asking too much would it? :blush:
    ponytd said:

Believe me that thought occurred to me. However if they are all leaving from their home of seattle I highly doubt they are flying cross country to catch a connecting flight. Seattle to LA or to Houston would make way more sense.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    so how do we know they flew out of Atlanta? and why do we know that, who is stalking these poor guys? lol