2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    SS49057 said:

derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

KL159781 said:

According to what Jeff told me on Friday after the RNDM show, what is announced is all there will be this year, with the possibility of 1 other show. I asked him if that could be the rumored Gorge show and he said no. He said they will play the West Coast in 1 to 1 1/2 years, which I assume will coincide with a new album.

Well it's a long shot, but I'm hoping the "possibility of 1 other show" is a headlining set at PromoWest Fest in Columbus, OH.

It's July 15 - 17 and tickets go on sale tomorrow (only $169 plus fees).

I am 99% sure the lineup is getting announced sometime today. Crossing my fingers for PJ appearance...

If you're curious about the fest:
    promowestfest.com
    That's a new one for Columbus...keep us posted on the lineup!!
    I'm just hoping this means Promowest has abandoned the idea of holding their "bigger" shows in the parking lot behind The LC or Express LIVE! or whatever they are calling it now! :rock_on:

Yes, it's called Express Live (ugggh...gotta be one of the worst corporate name-in-title sponsorship for a concert venue).

Did you hear that Columbus Commons (where the Columbus Symphony Orchestra performs in summer) is hosting Taste of Chaos?

The show is promoted by Live Nation (Belkin Productions) which makes me curious as to whether or not Live Nation has some type of new promoter agreement with Columbus Commons and we can expect to see more contemporary shows announced there. It's only a matter of time before they start competing with PromoWest Productions for the 5K+ capacity outdoor concert market in Columbus.
    I've got tickets to see Ray LaMontagne at the Columbus Commons,
    been there for a few local shows...
    Angela Perley and The Howling Moons,
    but this will be the first BIG show I've seen there!!
    Looking forward to it!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

We will likely get the one off show, even if it isnt tagged as a "PJ25" show, there have been many mentions of a one off (maybe destination) show.

But yeah, outside of that, I am 99.9% sure that we have all the dates for 2016.

2017 Spring or Fall tour similar to 2013. Starts in Pittsburgh/Cleveland area, swings through midwest, Texas, an west Coast. Europe in Summer 2017.

Again, the "one off/destination" show has just been something that we all made up, right? Kelly Curtis saying yes, can't say anything yet/tour dates announced at beginning of year... well they did announce dates at the beginning of the year. I do not believe there will be a PJ25 festival.... of course PJ20 wasn't announced till I think May, so who knows. But there is so much going on this year anyway, I think that'll be it.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Again, I have solid contacts in Edm and Van and not even a hint of a show. Things aren't looking good :-(
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    until May comes and goes, I am keeping my faith in D The Greek...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903

what rumor are you referring to? west coast?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

northwest 25 event
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    :prayer:
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,343

mcgruff10 said:

northwest 25 event
    Not happening! I'll trust Jeff ament over some fan in Greece.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    I would love for you folks to be right about Promowest Fest, but I doubt it's happening. Check out the Bunbury Festival in Cincy, which was acquired by Promowest Productions last year, for a better idea of what to expect from headliners at Promowest Fest. Florence and the Machine are big and an impressive pull, but they aren't PJ caliber in terms of a festival headliner. That said, excited for Columbus to finally have a legit fest! I think we'll have the lineup this week.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

northwest 25 event
    you do that...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

mcgruff10 said:

northwest 25 event
    you do that...
    Man this place sure has changed a lot the last couple years lol...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    Mercury said:

I would love for you folks to be right about Promowest Fest, but I doubt it's happening. Check out the Bunbury Festival in Cincy, which was acquired by Promowest Productions last year, for a better idea of what to expect from headliners at Promowest Fest. Florence and the Machine are big and an impressive pull, but they aren't PJ caliber in terms of a festival headliner. That said, excited for Columbus to finally have a legit fest! I think we'll have the lineup this week.

The lineup has to come today - tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster tomorrow.
    Still crossing my fingers for a PJ appearance, although it's unlikely.
    However, they haven't played Columbus (or Cleveland or Indianapolis, for that matter) since 2010, and Columbus is within 4 hours of Detroit, Indy, Pitt, Cincy, and Cleveland, so maybe they would headline PromoWest Fest as a way of serving all of these midwestern markets at once? One can dream...
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438

i like rumors
    whats the weather like at autumm at bands home state?

He quoted this back in October. A LOT might have changed in the 5+ months since.

Don't get me wrong. PJ25 at the Gorge or Downtown Seattle would be amazing. But I'm with those that just don't believe it or agree with Jeff's statements last week.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

i like rumors
    whats the weather like at autumm at bands home state?

He quoted this back in October. A LOT might have changed in the 5+ months since.

Don't get me wrong. PJ25 at the Gorge or Downtown Seattle would be amazing. But I'm with those that just don't believe it or agree with Jeff's statements last week.
    a lot could have changed for sure... for me personally its an excuse to take another trip. no skin off my back either way. the current tour offers plenty to do already. i'm not saying I believe anything, but i have seen The Greek call shit out over and over again, so I have no problem letting time tell. Hampton, PHI, NY, Bonnaroo, T'ride, Boston, and Chicago will certainly suffice.
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Looking at Pemberton BC for the weekend of July 15-17, Chris Cornell plays in Oregon on the 17th, would leave an open date for him to a set, and maybe join the guys for a Temple Of The Dog set if the stars happen to align....
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    SS49057 said:

Mercury said:

The lineup has to come today - tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster tomorrow.
    However, they haven't played Columbus (or Cleveland or Indianapolis, for that matter) since 2010, and Columbus is within 4 hours of Detroit, Indy, Pitt, Cincy, and Cleveland, so maybe they would headline PromoWest Fest as a way of serving all of these midwestern markets at once? One can dream...
    Well I'm wrong, PromoWest Fest Twitter just tweeted that the lineup announcement is coming tomorrow morning likely when tickets go on sale at 10 AM EST. Bizarre that they would not announce the lineup the day before tickets are on sale - perhaps the lineup leaks tonight. If I hear something I will post it here (especially if it's regarding a PJ appearance).
  • Options
    sweetspotsweetspot Posts: 76
    I just can't see them leaving out the West - a 2-night ball park event in late August seems fair. 2 in Boston, 2 in Chicago and 2 in Seattle?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    SS49057 said:

SS49057 said:

Mercury said:

Well I'm wrong, PromoWest Fest Twitter just tweeted that the lineup announcement is coming tomorrow morning likely when tickets go on sale at 10 AM EST. Bizarre that they would not announce the lineup the day before tickets are on sale - perhaps the lineup leaks tonight. If I hear something I will post it here (especially if it's regarding a PJ appearance).
    Post edited by SS49057 on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    JimmyV said:

my2hands said:

JimmyV said:

That nowhere in the marketing has this been billed as their 25th anniversary tour is strange if this is indeed their 25th anniversary tour.

I still think something else, specifically branded as being a 25th anniversary celebration, is coming.

The only time it was hyped as PJ25 is by us... the fans. Even Jeff's interview said PJ20 seemed like it was just a year ago and they're not likely to do a PJ25 "thing." It's not like they haven't toured between PJ20-25... not like "The Who 50." The Who didn't tour every year of those 50 like PJ (mostly) has.
    Weird format but:

Jeff Gorra ‎@JeffGorra

@PearlJam anything in the works around PJ25 / 25 years of ten? #PJLiveChat

Follow
    Pearl Jam

@PearlJam

@JeffGorra Yes, can't say anything yet. - KC
    5:16 PM - 11 Dec 2015

@PearlJam are you here to actually provide any news? not trying to be a dick.. seriously. #PJLiveChat
    0 retweets 4 likes

Pearl Jam Verified account
    @PearlJam

@JTruckenbrod We will be announcing tour dates the first part of year. - KC
    Exactly, we didn't just pull that out of our asses
    Indeed, it did come from somewhere. If there were plans in place to commemorate PJ25/25 years of ten, I personally find it hard to believe a tour that makes no mention of PJ25 or 25 years of ten is it.

But we'll see. KC was very ambiguous with that statement. Reading anything into what those plans might be would be guessing. It could be a three night stand at the Gorge...or it could be a new greatest hits package. We just don't know.
    This....... We all just assumed it would be a PJ20 type destination.

Maybe it's a special blue ray set commemorating 25 years of live shows. Maybe it's something none of us have suggested yet.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    The Target Center is a basketball areana, and a terrible venue for music. The last time Target Center held a press conference for a major announcement it was Billy Joel. Expect something similar
  • Options

The Target Center is a basketball areana, and a terrible venue for music. The last time Target Center held a press conference for a major announcement it was Billy Joel. Expect something similar
    Oh, I assumed it was the baseball stadium. Is everything there named after Target?
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Oh, I assumed it was the baseball stadium. Is everything there named after Target?
    Almost.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354

JimmyV said:

my2hands said:

JimmyV said:

That nowhere in the marketing has this been billed as their 25th anniversary tour is strange if this is indeed their 25th anniversary tour.

I still think something else, specifically branded as being a 25th anniversary celebration, is coming.

The only time it was hyped as PJ25 is by us... the fans. Even Jeff's interview said PJ20 seemed like it was just a year ago and they're not likely to do a PJ25 "thing." It's not like they haven't toured between PJ20-25... not like "The Who 50." The Who didn't tour every year of those 50 like PJ (mostly) has.
    Weird format but:

Jeff Gorra ‎@JeffGorra

@PearlJam anything in the works around PJ25 / 25 years of ten? #PJLiveChat

Follow
    Pearl Jam

@PearlJam

@JeffGorra Yes, can't say anything yet. - KC
    5:16 PM - 11 Dec 2015

@PearlJam are you here to actually provide any news? not trying to be a dick.. seriously. #PJLiveChat
    0 retweets 4 likes

Pearl Jam Verified account
    @PearlJam

@JTruckenbrod We will be announcing tour dates the first part of year. - KC
    Exactly, we didn't just pull that out of our asses
    Indeed, it did come from somewhere. If there were plans in place to commemorate PJ25/25 years of ten, I personally find it hard to believe a tour that makes no mention of PJ25 or 25 years of ten is it.

But we'll see. KC was very ambiguous with that statement. Reading anything into what those plans might be would be guessing. It could be a three night stand at the Gorge...or it could be a new greatest hits package. We just don't know.
    This....... We all just assumed it would be a PJ20 type destination.

Maybe it's a special blue ray set commemorating 25 years of live shows. Maybe it's something none of us have suggested yet.
    This is a nice idea...as long as it isn't "limited edition!"
  • Options
    derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

KL159781 said:

According to what Jeff told me on Friday after the RNDM show, what is announced is all there will be this year, with the possibility of 1 other show. I asked him if that could be the rumored Gorge show and he said no. He said they will play the West Coast in 1 to 1 1/2 years, which I assume will coincide with a new album.

Well it's a long shot, but I'm hoping the "possibility of 1 other show" is a headlining set at PromoWest Fest in Columbus, OH.

I am 99% sure the lineup is getting announced sometime today. Crossing my fingers for PJ appearance...

promowestfest.com
    I'm just hoping this means Promowest has abandoned the idea of holding their "bigger" shows in the parking lot behind The LC or Express LIVE! or whatever they are calling it now! :rock_on:

Yes, it's called Express Live (ugggh...gotta be one of the worst corporate name-in-title sponsorship for a concert venue).

Did you hear that Columbus Commons (where the Columbus Symphony Orchestra performs in summer) is hosting Taste of Chaos?

The show is promoted by Live Nation (Belkin Productions) which makes me curious as to whether or not Live Nation has some type of new promoter agreement with Columbus Commons and we can expect to see more contemporary shows announced there. It's only a matter of time before they start competing with PromoWest Productions for the 5K+ capacity outdoor concert market in Columbus.
    Nope, no Pearl Jam for PromoWest Fest. Still, some pretty decent acts:

Modest Mouse, Brand New, Ryan Adams, Tears for Fears, Mac Miller, The Decemberists, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Fitz & The Tantrums, All Time Low, Garbage, X Ambassadors, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Moon Taxi, Atlas Genius, The Wombats, Black Lips, AlunaGeorge, RJD2, The Dear Hunter, Red Wanting Blue, Black Pistol Fire, Austin Plaine, Grizfolk, Holy White Hounds, The World is a Beautiful Place & I am no Longer Afraid to Die, Banners, Mimicking Birds, Pup, Coast Modern, Finish Ticket, Copywrite, Nick D & The Believers, Lonesome as Gold, Way Yes and The Worn Flints.

Tickets are $169 plus fees for all 3 days, and they also will sell daily tickets (not sure of their price): http://www.ticketmaster.com/promowest-fest-three-day-ga-pass-columbus-ohio/event/05005068CC52725E?artistid=2221482&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=766
  • Options
    SS49057 said:

derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

KL159781 said:

promowestfest.com

Modest Mouse, Brand New, Ryan Adams, Tears for Fears, Mac Miller, The Decemberists, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Fitz & The Tantrums, All Time Low, Garbage, X Ambassadors, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Moon Taxi, Atlas Genius, The Wombats, Black Lips, AlunaGeorge, RJD2, The Dear Hunter, Red Wanting Blue, Black Pistol Fire, Austin Plaine, Grizfolk, Holy White Hounds, The World is a Beautiful Place & I am no Longer Afraid to Die, Banners, Mimicking Birds, Pup, Coast Modern, Finish Ticket, Copywrite, Nick D & The Believers, Lonesome as Gold, Way Yes and The Worn Flints.

Tickets are $169 plus fees for all 3 days, and they also will sell daily tickets (not sure of their price): http://www.ticketmaster.com/promowest-fest-three-day-ga-pass-columbus-ohio/event/05005068CC52725E?artistid=2221482&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=766
    Man, is there a festival that X ambassadors ISNT playing?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat for the Minnesota Show

US Bank August 20th, the day after Luke Bryan
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • Options

Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat for the Minnesota Show

US Bank August 20th, the day after Luke Bryan

Would love to see that one, oh well going to be in Chicago for some other concert....

• Options

There goes the PJ opening up US Bank stadium Rumor

"First Rock Show" at the new stadium
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    SS49057 said:

derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

derbydave said:

SS49057 said:

KL159781 said:

promowestfest.com

Not a bad line-up for the first time out...
    I may sign up for a couple of volunteer shifts after the daily line-up is released!!
    :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170