Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    That Minneapolis rumor is sounded pretty good right now. But I still find it hard to believe they are not playing a show in Seattle this year.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    foodboy said:

they are touring from april to august with some time in between shows. these days thats a lot for guys with families who don't seem to want to tour much anymore.

This. They have 24 shows lined up this year ranging from Florida to Canada and from New England to Colorado, that is a pretty big run. Not to mention they just finished a huge South American tour a couple of months ago. I would be surprised to see more shows other than a single event or two pop up this year. Finish up the touring in the summer and then get back in the studio by the end of the year!
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    jstu39 said:

One of the reasons I still think we might get something else is based on previous tour announcements where they specifically say 'these will be the last North American dates of the year.'

Well if Jeff is correct that there might be 1 more show announced it sure sounds like it will be a rumored stadium show in Minneapolis in August . So maybe if/when this gets announced they will add 'these will be the last north american dates of the year' to that announcement.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    The East coast tour has support from many different sources starting in October and it wasn't announced until January. I still have not seen one reliable source about a West Coast tour- all speculation, hopes and wishes. I'm inclined to believe what Jeff said the other day- they might add a date or two more but that could be it. That one event is probably PJ25. Personally, I have seven shows lined up so I don't I have to pass if an anniversary show is announced. It wouldn't live up to PJ20 for me anyway.

My own speculation with no support- West Coast gets a tour next year and it kicks ass and is worth the wait.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    UtahBolt said:

foodboy said:

they are touring from april to august with some time in between shows. these days thats a lot for guys with families who don't seem to want to tour much anymore.

This. They have 24 shows lined up this year ranging from Florida to Canada and from New England to Colorado, that is a pretty big run. Not to mention they just finished a huge South American tour a couple of months ago. I would be surprised to see more shows other than a single event or two pop up this year. Finish up the touring in the summer and then get back in the studio by the end of the year!
    I agree with you in that they probably don't like to tour as much because of family and all...But 24 shows in a calendar year is not a lot. a 3 week vacation in s.a. with family for 9 shows is not huge. I would be very surprised if another 24 show leg was not announced soon....
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:

UtahBolt said:

foodboy said:

I agree with you in that they probably don't like to tour as much because of family and all...But 24 shows in a calendar year is not a lot. a 3 week vacation in s.a. with family for 9 shows is not huge. I would be very surprised if another 24 show leg was not announced soon....
    further to that...when you say they are touring from April to August, is not completely true.
    May (5) shows
    June (1) show
    July (1) show
    August (4) shows

11 shows in 4 months isnt exactly touring that much...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

If/when May comes and goes without any further announcements...that's when I'll be convinced for real no further announcements are coming.

It would be nice if they would tell us if there are no more shows, or only a few isolated dates will be added.
    Sure, but what if the dates aren't finalized? Until the contracts are signed things can still fall through. I think the band/management learned their lesson with Big, Bold and Free. Don't say nothin' till there is somethin' to say.

Definitely. I'm only asking they do this if their plans are finalized.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    KP_McMinn said:

KP_McMinn said:

UtahBolt said:

foodboy said:

further to that...when you say they are touring from April to August, is not completely true.
    May (5) shows
    June (1) show
    July (1) show
    August (4) shows

You left out the 12 shows in April
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Personally, I don't care if they do a PJ25 celebration show or not. The sets for PJ20 were great but I have enjoyed tons of other shows just as much. I don't need to see a museum of stuff (they did that already for PJ20).
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I was thinking for a long time that PJ25 is going to happen. But now, I don't know. Maybe the band doesn't want the expectation from us crazy fans every 5-10 years, there is going to be a special celebration like PJ20. Kind of makes sense.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795

Personally, I don't care if they do a PJ25 celebration show or not. The sets for PJ20 were great but I have enjoyed tons of other shows just as much. I don't need to see a museum of stuff (they did that already for PJ20).

Agreed
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    KP_McMinn said:

It's not a lot if your a fan of the Foo Fighters.. lol... but we're pearl jam fan's. In the last 10 years I don't think we've seen them go much past 30 shows in a single year. It's been a long time (2006) since they did a large amount of shows in a single year. It's not impossible but it now seems uncharacteristic of the band to play 50ish shows (give or take a few) in a single year.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    And still no European tour ;-(.
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

KP_McMinn said:

KP_McMinn said:

UtahBolt said:

foodboy said:

May (5) shows
    June (1) show
    July (1) show
    August (4) shows

You left out the 12 shows in April
    point being, tour is more like april to may, not august.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    “We don’t have any plans for PJ25. And I think largely because PJ20 really does almost feel like it was last year. That’s how fast time goes at this point. Going out and playing shows, having people show up, having our fans be so great and so engaged in the shows—all the shows that we play feel like celebrations. I’m enjoying acknowledging that on stage more than I ever have and really taking that in and being humbled by it. Being really proud of what we’ve created as a band and the decisions that we’ve made. That’s the PJ25 answer."

Taken from an article posted in an RNDM thread this morning. Doesn't mention anything about the possibility of additional shows being added later in the year, but it seems a PJ25 destination show is not happening.

http://www.popmatters.com/feature/the-rules-of-rndm-jeff-ament-interview/
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    RP112579 said:

“We don’t have any plans for PJ25. And I think largely because PJ20 really does almost feel like it was last year. That’s how fast time goes at this point. Going out and playing shows, having people show up, having our fans be so great and so engaged in the shows—all the shows that we play feel like celebrations. I’m enjoying acknowledging that on stage more than I ever have and really taking that in and being humbled by it. Being really proud of what we’ve created as a band and the decisions that we’ve made. That’s the PJ25 answer."

Taken from an article posted in an RNDM thread this morning. Doesn't mention anything about the possibility of additional shows being added later in the year, but it seems a PJ25 destination show is not happening.

Guess I'll start saving for next years west coast tour, or maybe even Europe. I've been wanting to go to London anyways.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    Zod said:

KL159781 said:

According to what Jeff told me on Friday after the RNDM show, what is announced is all there will be this year, with the possibility of 1 other show. I asked him if that could be the rumored Gorge show and he said no. He said they will play the West Coast in 1 to 1 1/2 years, which I assume will coincide with a new album.

Well then I'm glad I got my tickets to Wrigley.
    Me too. I don't generally travel that far for PJ shows. Vancouver/Seattle shows are usually my bread and butter. I'm fairly content seeing 2 or 3 shows every few years when they come out this way. The shows are getting further apart and last time we only got 1 show in Seattle :( Got a friend who is living Chicago, Wrigley 1 is on my Bday, so I figured why not. I'm good with two shows. If they play the West this year I'll obviously go, but it would probably mean another gap of 3 to 4 years until they played here again. If they don't play the West it gives me something to look forward to next year.

There's also the cheap part of me that would feel mildly guilty paying all that money to go Chicago in the same year they played my own area.

I've never hopped on a plane to see a band before. I've been living in Alaska the last 6 years and they will never play here. Flights anywhere from AK are pretty expensive. Right now, I'm glad I chose Wrigley and can't wait. I'v always felt that the next time the Gorge happens I'll be there, but it's looking like I'm glad I didn't gamble on that for this year.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    This is why you shouldn't have families... :lol:

I'm very much kidding.

I'd love to go to Seattle this year, but it's already such a good tour year. Seeing my favorite band at my favorite place on planet earth? Yeah, no complaints here. They will tour the west when they tour the west. Always worth the wait.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2016
    RP112579 said:

Interesting
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

The East coast tour has support from many different sources starting in October and it wasn't announced until January. I still have not seen one reliable source about a West Coast tour- all speculation, hopes and wishes. I'm inclined to believe what Jeff said the other day- they might add a date or two more but that could be it.

I definitely agree... no leaks at this point tells me there are not multiple dates remaining this year

I was really hoping for red rocks... oh well

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    my2hands said:

boo

RP112579 said:

Interesting
    I do agree that PJ20 feels like it just happened
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    KP_McMinn said:

UtahBolt said:

foodboy said:

I agree that 24 is not a lot, but it's been this way for quite awhile now. They haven't played 48 shows in a year in 10 years. I'm not sure why they would start now. Kids have been born, kids have gotten older, marriages.......lots of reasons for them to not want to go out on the road for too long. I know Ed's family sometimes travels with him, but they are touring most of April and some of May, when kids are in school. Jeff was pretty clear in the RS article earlier that he kinda dreads going out on the road (even though he said it's pretty cool once he's out there).

I don't think they want to spend their whole summer on the road, and are happy to do long weekend get aways to Tennessee, Tellruide, Boston, and Chicago. I would bet that the west coast will get shows next spring/summer.

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    After what Jeff has said, along with that Kelly Curtis twitter interview a few months back, I still think we get one destination show, but thats it. It may not be a "PJ25" event, but it sounds like that "one more" show is still coming at some point.

Outside of that, though, I think this is it.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    PJ25 @ BSB30
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,930
    edited March 2016
    Doubt now there will be a special PJ25 event happening this Fall.
    D'oh!!!
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    May. My hopes will only be dashed when May comes and goes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I am very sad about this news. Very sad indeed.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Where's the Greek that knows all PJ news ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Where's the Greek that knows all PJ news ...

I was wondering the same thing. In fact, I believe the Greek was the first to bring up the Gorge in 2015 as a destination this year, even before the east coast cities started popping up in October.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    When they said "something special" in the Twitter talk and then delivered 4 historic stadium show dates, that seemed like the something special.