Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353

He shouldn't worry about the Cubs making it to the WS that spot has been saved for the Mets , I wish they would just let us know about the 2nd leg if there is to be one !!

I still say either September or November. The two ballpark shows will be it for August.
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    Well it's shit or get off the pot time for Telluride. Either that and a 24 hour drive or wait for a possible Gorge show?

Not sure what to do at this point.
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    rummy said:

Well, I need to work so I can pay $500-$800 to travel to all these shows they plan on trickli

JimmyV said:

I think the Cubs impact on their touring plans is overstated. Eddie is a member of a band and the band is well aware this is a big year. I would be very surprised if everyone else in Pearl Jam, from management to Boom, is OK with them just taking the fall off because maybe this is the year the Cubs do something they haven't done since 1908.

I would agree for a smaller band, but PJ can play when/where they want. I don't mean that they would just have 2 weeks off mid-tour because of the Cubs, but if he says let's end the tour in September, why not? I'm sure they all have personal/side project reasons that get discussed when they discuss their plans for the following year.
    For what's it's worth, I refused to schedule anything (work or social) at the end of April/beginning of May once I read about the rumours that Pearl Jam might be coming to Toronto around that time. If it's something you are passionate about, you do your best to leave your schedule open. Eddie might very well be trying to do just that.
    He might very well be. Absolutely. It's just that after 25 years of following this band, I don't think we should put too much stock in every word Eddie says. Those comments about the Cubs can't really be treated as confirmation of no shows in the fall.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dude was partying on the roof with players after playoff wins last year... he is hanging out in the dugout... the dude wrote a song at the request of Ernie Banks (say what?)... if i was him, i sure wouldn't have any concerts planned for October & the first half of November...

they are overhyped, but they are the favorite to win the world series in las vegas right now
  • Options
    So the US Bank Stadium rumor, wonder if the Minneapolis Sports Authority is trying to sell PJ a 2 for 1. The super bowl will be held there in 2018 and the last couple half time shows have been bad. I could see a PJ lead show with maybe members of The Replacements or Bob Mould or Bob Dylan sprinkled if for local flair. Hopefully they have a new album by then so it would make sense to promote it.
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    my2hands said:

dude was partying on the roof with players after playoff wins last year... he is hanging out in the dugout... the dude wrote a song at the request of Ernie Banks (say what?)... if i was him, i sure wouldn't have any concerts planned for October & the first half of November...

they are overhyped, but they are the favorite to win the world series in las vegas right now

They are not overhyped and Joe Maddon is Santa Claus. :peace:

:smiley:
  • Options

my2hands said:

Reminds me of 2004. Everyone picked us then too, had prior and wood and just signed Maddux.... I don't like and don't want the hype. But maybe this year is different.

• Options
    This may not be a huge stretch. Plus looking at the current schedule late June early July seems to be open. Every year bob is asked about pearl jam on these q and a's. He always has said we have reached out but the band is in Europe or just cant make it work or ect. ect. ect. This time he does not field any pj questions but mentions 3 bands that they will be announcing soon. I'm aware he could be talking about hundreds of possible acts on the main stage or side stages. However I can hope. I'm all for a 20 min drive to see PJ! 3 kids and new house this year have my time off and $ at a min.

Pearl Jam summerfest 2016!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m-1E26Y33Pg
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    cblock77 said:

I'd rather they wrap up after Wrigley and go to work on the next album. You have to think the longer they stay out this year, the longer it'll be before the next record, or we see them touring again.

Soundgarden is at work on its next record now. So, you'd figure Matt will be preoccupied with a SG tour for at least a good chunk of 2017.

Since 2006, PJ has never done more than 33 shows in a year. And the years they've been up in that 30 territory have been treks they've been promoting a new album. They're at 24 now for this year, with nothing other than an anniversary they seem to be underplaying anyhow, so I don't see them adding more than maybe a handful of shows, if they add any at all. Just the fact that they're hitting many of their major touring spots this year would suggest they're not planning to be back in those places for at least another 2-3 years as is their touring rhythm. If they add a west coast tour to 2016, when should we anticipate them doing a major States tour again? Likely not in 2017. I'll take a new album and fall 2017, south and west coast tour over more dates this year.

It sounds like a new record won't be happening soon.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jeff-ament-on-pearl-jams-25th-anniversary-tour-next-album-20160302?page=3
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,341

This may not be a huge stretch. Plus looking at the current schedule late June early July seems to be open. Every year bob is asked about pearl jam on these q and a's. He always has said we have reached out but the band is in Europe or just cant make it work or ect. ect. ect. This time he does not field any pj questions but mentions 3 bands that they will be announcing soon. I'm aware he could be talking about hundreds of possible acts on the main stage or side stages. However I can hope. I'm all for a 20 min drive to see PJ! 3 kids and new house this year have my time off and $ at a min.

Pearl Jam summerfest 2016!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m-1E26Y33Pg

With the amount of money that Summerfest is able to pay and with the wrigley shows all sold out this actually wouldn't surprise me.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    I agree with those speculating he avoids October/November. This just seems to be the year they do everything they want. Lots of shows, different venues/cities, ball park shows, and take a month off for the Cubs.

I just can't see them not doing the West Coast.... seems like September would be PERFECT to throw in a little 10 show west coast tour and then he can rest and watch ball playoffs. They're doing 18 shows in 5 weeks in April, 10 shows in 4 weeks in September would be easy. Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Vegas, LA, LA, San Diego, Pheonix, Dallas, Done.
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm throwing in the guessing towel. Who am I but a peon waiting for information that may never even come to fruition :anguished:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    Would love for them to play Phoenix. My mom retired out there. Wouldn't have to pay for a place to crash, could cash in some rapid rewards ponts for flights, and culd drive to vegas if they played the dates next to each other
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

my2hands said:

Tell 'em girl! #WeAreGood!
  • Options

my2hands said:

Tell 'em girl! #WeAreGood!
    :hug:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I agree, the Cubs have a very good team... people should definitely be excited to have such a good young team... and i think the entire country outside of St Louis is rooting for them, myself included... BUT, to be the favorite to win the world series this year, after finishing 3rd in their division last year (albeit with 97 wins), is the definition of over-hyped...

doesn't mean I wont be rooting for them (my Phillies stink right now) and it doesn't mean they wont win 100 games... I just don't like when a team gets too hyped, because it NEVER works out, and I want these guys to win

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    and i think the entire country outside of St Louis is rooting for them, myself included...

I can tell you, no Milwaukee Brewers fans are rooting for them and WE SUCK!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    my2hands said:

I agree, the Cubs have a very good team... people should definitely be excited to have such a good young team... and i think the entire country outside of St Louis is rooting for them, myself included... BUT, to be the favorite to win the world series this year, after finishing 3rd in their division last year (albeit with 97 wins), is the definition of over-hyped...

doesn't mean I wont be rooting for them (my Phillies stink right now) and it doesn't mean they wont win 100 games... I just don't like when a team gets too hyped, because it NEVER works out, and I want these guys to win

I would include New York as part of the country not rooting for the Cubs. Not that we hate them, we just want to win one as well.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited March 2016
    my2hands said:

Obviously I'm in St. Louis and will NEVER root for the Cubs, even more so when you have Theo Epstein bringing the buy a championship model he did with the Red Sox and look where that team is now and how he left them...yeah they got a couple of titles but they got old quick and no farm system

I will admit I'm impressed with the look of the Cubs youth that to me is the one thing that stands out. Cubs are team to beat for the next couple years in the National League
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I guess us going into tomorrow's Ride ticket sales
    with no firm answers on the rest of 2016 plans is no accident. If they had trouble moving tickets, I could understand but come on. They could simply tweet that they are working on additional shows for later in the year or say all 2016 shows have been announced, or if it's only PJ 25 type event remaining, just say it's still being planned but not finalized. I understand they don't have to do anything, it would be appreciated though.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Buy championship model? Only players they've "bought" are Lester, Heyward, & Zobrist. Everyone else is homegrown or acquired thru trades.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

The third in the division argument is tiring & meritless. They were also the third best team in all of MLB. And only 3 games separated them from the top.
  • Options
    ^I do get where you're coming from, though. Tony Kornheiser pretty much wants to forgeo the entire season and put them on the podium now. But that isn't the Cubs fault.
    I love the looseness and fun these kids seem to be having. I love the way Joe Maddon always puts himself in the media's face to take the attention off the players. As long as they all remember what they're playing for, and work hard to get it, I see no reason to not call them favorites..but yeah, guys like Korny need to chill.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Don't forget it's an even year, and you know what that means these days. Go Giants!

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Buy championship model? Only players they've "bought" are Lester, Heyward, & Zobrist. Everyone else is homegrown or acquired thru trades.

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588

RE the Cubs thing. Didn't they start the South American tour during the WS?

Yes. this is why he said no tours in late October again. He would have missed the Cubs in the series had they made it last year.
    I think Eddie is actually serious about the Cubs thing. He really wants a championship and he wants to be there if/when it happens. They have the power to pick and choose when they play shows and I would be really surprised if they played in October and early November this year.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    I think the way the Cubs played last year speaks for itself. No, they didn't make it to the WS, but they truly played their young, cute butts off. I can think of so many highlights... Arrieta's no hitter, Rizzo had more than a few replay worthy catches and Maddon's attitude is exactly what our team needs. No one thought we would make it that far last year. A little hype won't kill us, after all, it's not everyday that us Cubs fans get to be excited. And that is coming from a 20 year old... I can't even imagine how people 2, 3 times my age are feeling with this Cubs team. Go Cubs, go!

Now back to rumors...

One Direction is opening for PJ in the Gone fishing with dad tour?!
  • Options
    "Don't ever allow the pressure to exceed the pleasure."
    -Joe Maddon
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    my2hands said:

On paper, the Cubs should be a better team than the group that won 97 games last year. They added some quality FA (including guys that can get on base for our sluggers), the young players have more experience and they have improved their depth.

That being said, a lot can happen over 162 game season...
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749

Some Edmonton speculation: our new arena is slated to open in time for Oilers puck-drop 2016....first regular season game this year was Oct.8.
    I heard (grapevine) that the arena will actually open with a concert as the first event, before the hockey season....a post in this thread guessed that PJ could swing thru Canada in October. I'd be beyond stoked if I scored great (10C) seats to my fav band as the first event in that arena.

I've had some pretty solid intel on the past two Edmonton shows way in advance that I communicated here before. Unfortunately, either my source isn't in the loop anymore or there has been no discussion for Edmonton (as of two weeks ago). I will touch base again soon but don't want to be a pain in the ass.
    Just checked in again and still nothing in Edmonton :-(
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.