Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    So, If announcement really is Friday, I think it's safe to assume we get some sort of hint today. If not, then are we thinking announcement next week?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Re-engineering the concept of how a line works so people don't have stand in line is completely unnecessary. You're not dealing with letting the whole arena in...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Maybe they wait as long as possible so everybody has done their christmas shopping and will only go for realistically affordable amounts of shows :P
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,971

So, If announcement really is Friday, I think it's safe to assume we get some sort of hint today. If not, then are we thinking announcement next week?

to be honest i dont know what to think anymore.

one thing i know for sure is that if the euro tour doesnt happen and the US tour happens i will lose a lot of respect for PJ.

One thing is to not have rumours at all (about the EU tour) but as someone said earlier there is a clear itenerary around europe (Amsterdam , 3 shows in Italy , Portugal , Prague , London , Spain) and at the last minute cancelled the whole thing because of what happened in Paris but at the same time book a full US tour , to me its very hypocrite of them to be honest-

This is coming from a band that clearly fights against this kind of thing , plays EODM songs as a tribute and says that we will not give in to terrorism but then at the last minute cancels a whole tour...

• Options
    just_one said:

to be honest i dont know what to think anymore.

one thing i know for sure is that if the euro tour doesnt happen and the US tour happens i will lose a lot of respect for PJ.

One thing is to not have rumours at all (about the EU tour) but as someone said earlier there is a clear itenerary around europe (Amsterdam , 3 shows in Italy , Portugal , Prague , London , Spain) and at the last minute cancelled the whole thing because of what happened in Paris but at the same time book a full US tour , to me its very hypocrite of them to be honest-

This is coming from a band that clearly fights against this kind of thing , plays EODM songs as a tribute and says that we will not give in to terrorism but then at the last minute cancels a whole tour...

Why not wait 48 hours instead of making idle statements? The tour hasn't been announced/canceled yet so no need for disappointment...
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    If a Euro tour was getting planned, a Euro tour will happen. I cannot see them backing out for that reason - if anything it would be some other logistic.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Agreed. Lighten up just_one. We know NOTHING at this point.
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Dimitris said on Facebook that he had talked to someone on 28.11. and the EU tour was still booked and confirmed.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Gibson said:

If a Euro tour was getting planned, a Euro tour will happen. I cannot see them backing out for that reason - if anything it would be some other logistic.

Agreed. Lighten up just_one. We know NOTHING at this point.

im calm , im just telling like i feel it ...

the waiting drove me mad :D lol

guess all we have to do is wait :)

it would be great some kind of tweet or something...they must know by now how anxious we are here (just look at the 123 pages lol)
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2015
    I don't care about any lists... the only thing I care about is seeing "Won" instead of that dreaded grey "Lost"

lets do this shit
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i hope you euro's get a tour... but you never know, this band doesn't like to take a lot of touring risks at this point, and im guessing security costs at venues in Europe just skyrocketed

plus, these guys aren't going anywhere, and they know it, so its not like a euro tour would never happen again... they don't have to be short sighted like us crazy fans lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

plus, these guys aren't going anywhere, and they know it, so its not like a euro tour would never happen again... they don't have to be short sighted like us crazy fans lol

Well, that's the problem. Risks like that will always be here. The situation can easily be worse in 2017. You can imagine that watching them tour extensively in the US would be a bitter pill to swallow for European fans :) Security is definitely tighter now but I think that it is the same in America.

With that said, if the tour is cancelled, I don't think security is the reason why.

2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Now we're guessing about a rumored tour which is now rumored to be cancelled, and guessing why?!?!? :smiley:
  • Options
    dmbolp said:

Now we're guessing about a rumored tour which is now rumored to be cancelled, and guessing why?!?!? :smiley:

We need to go deeper :D
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,883
    dresi_4 said:

dmbolp said:

I'm going to start a PJ30 rumors thread :smile:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918

We know NOTHING at this point.

• Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    Eddie have song Bu$hleager in Texas while B junior was still in office... A few rouge terrorists are nothing...
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    dmbolp said:

It's a mystery! It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma! The fuckin' band members don't even know! Don't you get it? - JFK 1991.

I love that movie.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

dresi_4 said:

dmbolp said:

And I'm starting the PJ30 tour cancelled thread!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    derbydave said:

dresi_4 said:

dmbolp said:

I'll make the PJ30 CONFIRMED!!! thread
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Looks like we've got it all covered for PJ30!!
    dmbolp said:

derbydave said:

dresi_4 said:

dmbolp said:

I'll make the PJ30 CONFIRMED!!! thread
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited December 2015
    I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.
  • Options

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

then why book a US tour...its not like the US is safer then europe...

• Options
    Because they can? It is all their decisions. And I also don't think they would book a full tour and then cancel it shortly before a possible announcement. Just relax, you will get the news in time.
  • Options
    just_one said:

It is right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

just_one said:

It is right now.
    As I posted on page 111:

Let's please not led this devolve into an argument as to who is more vulnerable

If there are shows near you, PJ or otherwise, get out there and have a good time!
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

just_one said:

It is right now.
    As I posted on page 111:

If there are shows near you, PJ or otherwise, get out there and have a good time!
    No one is arguing.
  • Options

just_one said:

It is right now.
    As I posted on page 111:

No one is arguing.
    let's hope it stays that way
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

just_one said:

It is right now.
    i happen to disagree sorry. Take guns as an example.

just_one said:

It is right now.
    As I posted on page 111:

No one is arguing.
    yeah , everything is cool.
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    just_one said:

So true, the whole idea of Europe being a Security risk is ridicules. A guy walks into a cinema in Europe and guns down front row. Nope. A guys goes into a prochoice clinic in Europe and guns down whoever. Nope.
    Terrorist attack happen almost every week in the US, even if you cant acknowledge that white Christians gunning down people are terrorists too...
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19