Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I hope it happens soon. My work productivity is at an all time low :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Pure comedy.

People who have hotel rooms booked, for an unannounced tour.
    Telling others to ....Calm down.

Pure comedy
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    People speculating on a European tour that has never been announced, has never been a scheduled tour, now speculating on reasons why that speculated tour is now being rumoured to be unscheduled.

The band owe not one jot of an explanation, not one public comment on the situation whatsoever. I'm sure they make a great many plans that don't come to fruition. But because these things leak, they end up unfairly in a tricky spot being second guessed. That's bullshit. If they don't wish to play Europe next year, they wont announce a tour. End of, they owe not one of us any explanation.

You see all this 'lets post photos' of destinations in Europe next year as less than subtle hints before anything is announced is far from helpful, and is quite likely to end up causing a substantial shit storm. Its all over facebook too.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    All you are nuts except a few that are level headed the rest are stalkers of the highest degree ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    I can't imagine what a shit storm "Big, Bold and Free" would have caused with the people here if it happened in 2015/16, not in 2005.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

if the band cancel euro tour,and even the excuse is security reason,(personally i dont believe thats the real reason) im ok with it..
    band knows better what to do with their business and im a fan and ill take the best i can,,and after 25 years the band is still doing shows ,thats the importatn and me i can go to shows to see them live..
    i always travel to see them live,,so the same gonna happen at 2016
    only difference is the cost for me , for exable i just check flights..
    for me go to usa for first 5 shows..meaning fly to miami and return from atlanta is the same money to fly and take trains to 15 shows here in europe
    i know would be better to see 15 shows than 5 ..but il take the best i can get at this point..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

All you are nuts except a few that are level headed the rest are stalkers of the highest degree ....

yes and yes. its pure entertainment watching all this unfold on my end. now let me get back to calling every concert venue in the midwest so i can plan out my year because thats not strange or creepy at all.
  • Options
    So it is now official?
    The unannounced, "Pearl Jam European Tour 2016", has been cancelled?

That's a shame.
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

if the band cancel euro tour,and even the excuse is security reason,(personally i dont believe thats the real reason) im ok with it..
    Doesn't a tour have to be announced first for it to be cancelled?
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    Ryan said:

No
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    I just find it sad that the band can find themselves in a tricky spot because people cant hold their own piss.
    Ryan said:

that would be a fair conclusion
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Thread has become comical.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    this has become like that scene from the ringer.. "should i wear my shirt up? or down? up? or down? or possibly... tucked in?" its like "tour confirmed? or canceled? confirmed? or canceled? or possibly... new album?" lol
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Ryan said:

are we play with the words here? a week ago all was booked and confirmed
    now things might change..the important is what will happen in the future
    as i said il take the best i can get..europe or no europe ill use my passport to see them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    so i just read through the last 100 plus posts and this tread has turned into: people posting links of "media" outlets that are just regurgitating the original dates and information from here, people speculating a tour was cancelled because in that area happened it to be where the latest terrorist attack occurred, and debates for the 17,000th time here on how to do GA, and why the list is no good- even though the list hasnt been around in a few tours.

no actual info.. I want my time reading the lasts 100 posts back.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545
    A thread like this can be different for some fans than others. I will be going to shows on the east coast, Wrigley, Fenway, and Europe. I am interested in the rumored dates as they all impact my vacation schedule. Some may think that is weird, but I think going to Florida every year for a vacation is weird too. If a vacation revolves around a Pearl Jam show, than I agree it is strange, but if a vacation includes a Pearl Jam show for one of the evenings, then that is bonus.

• Options
    does anyone here type shit then look at it and think it doesn't sound strange at all or does all this talk about absolutely nothing seem ok? this really is entertaining as hell.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    nycrats said:

so i just read through the last 100 plus posts and this tread has turned into: people posting links of "media" outlets that are just regurgitating the original dates and information from here, people speculating a tour was cancelled because in that area happened it to be where the latest terrorist attack occurred, and debates for the 17,000th time here on how to do GA, and why the list is no good- even though the list hasnt been around in a few tours.

I want 10 minutes back from this post alone
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545

does anyone here type shit then look at it and think it doesn't sound strange at all or does all this talk about absolutely nothing seem ok? this really is entertaining as hell.

I think lots of people are enjoying the rumors. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Euro tour: are they deciding to skip Europe or to postpone the tour to the fall?

• Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    wrigley, fenway and...Gorge? when?
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133

Now - read your post and you have your answer, tadaaa ;)
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options

I think lots of people are enjoying the rumors. Nothing wrong with that.
    k
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    edited December 2015
    Air23 said:

Euro tour: are they deciding to skip Europe or to postpone the tour to the fall?

It might be postponed or cancelled but no Euro tour info this Friday? Correct?

Post edited by radar on
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    dmbolp said:

nycrats said:

I want 10 minutes back from this post alone
    that took you 10 minutes?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Is Wrigley, Fenway, Gorge an actual thing, or based only on speculation? Dont want to read 124 pages of poop
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    All future tour plans have been cancelled so they can go on a Mormon mission.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Slow reader, and huge run-on sentence didn't help :)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Why are we all turning on each other? :dizzy:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Our hotel room reservation comes with a free cancellation, otherwise I would not have done this. If there is no tour, I don't lose anything. If there is one, I save a little money (trying to be frugal :relaxed: ). It is all part of the anticipation to me, it is fun to speculate, think about the what ifs. But I prefer to do it in an optimistic way. I haven't seen them this year, and it would be awesome if I could next year. But if it is not in the books, so be it. Goodness.