2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• In fact, what I'd suggest doing, all you GA liner-upper-early people...
    Call for something like 10 pizzas and a few six packs of soft drinks and everyone puts a few bucks in.

Boom. Food and drink problem solved.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    edited December 2015
    http://fr.canoe.ca/divertissement/musique/nouvelles/archives/2015/12/20151201-125527.html

Pearl Jam in Quebec City and Montreal in May 2016?

It moves in the entourage of Pearl Jam , which would have completed the North American segment of the schedule of his tour , according to Alternative Nation.

A source alleges that a representative of the group would have confirmed the upcoming announcement of the dates of the tour, and that the preliminary list unveiled last October on the forums PearlJam.com could hold the road.

This list notably includes stops in Quebec City, Montreal , Ottawa and Toronto.

If the news is confirmed , the legendary alternative rock formation might be passing in Quebec and Ontario during the month of May 2016 .

The initial list mentioned alleged on 8 and 11 May for Quebec and Montreal respectively, and the 10, 13 and May 14 for Ottawa and Toronto.

The leader of Pearl Jam , Eddie Vedder , has also dedicated a cover of Imagine , John Lennon , a fan died in the attacks in Paris at the Bataclan , Pierre- Antoine Henry , presented at a concert in Rio recently .
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • FunkezFunkez Posts: 133
    my2hands said:

Proof? We don't need no stinking proof

Hear hear!
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    Any other radio station hints or leaks? I couldn't care less about GA line/list issues other than to remind people that the whole point of GA was to get new blood up close to the stage (like the row 1/2 lotto), so the fact that it tends to be the same people upfront again for every show is kinda counter to the spirit of the thing.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    could it be 2 more days till announcement? I'm having some anxiety here!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    RE4790 said:

Any other radio station hints or leaks? I couldn't care less about GA line/list issues other than to remind people that the whole point of GA was to get new blood up close to the stage (like the row 1/2 lotto), so the fact that it tends to be the same people upfront again for every show is kinda counter to the spirit of the thing.

If, and I mean if, there was a way to have a small section of GA up front in North American sports arena reserved for let's say lottery GA winners, that would be great. It would be alot of work for the 10club / arena to do. To place a new cage / section for these up close rail winning fans. It wouldn't hurt to try though. For Pearl Jam to see new faces up front.

Also add, it would be great to see fan's who live in the city have the chance to win these up close GA tickets. Rarely do you hear someone locally getting to see Pearl Jam up close & front to the stage in their home town. It's usually someone who's out of state or from another country.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    demetrios said:

RE4790 said:

If, and I mean if, there was a way to have a small section of GA up front in North American sports arena reserved for let's say lottery GA winners, that would be great. It would be alot of work for the 10club / arena to do. To place a new cage / section for these up close rail winning fans. It wouldn't hurt to try though. For Pearl Jam to see new faces up front.

Also add, it would be great to see fan's who live in the city have the chance to win these up close GA tickets. Rarely do you hear someone locally getting to see Pearl Jam up close & front to the stage in their home town. It's usually someone who's out of state or from another country.
    Exactly

Regarding the GA line, in 2014, 10C sent out an email that went something like this:

Line up whenever the heck you want to. Three hours before, fine. Three days before, fine. It was permissible to get out of line for a few minutes for food, bathroom, pick up tickets, etc. A system involving a list with numbers (such as to get out of line for hours and hours) was not permissible. Talk to people nearby you so they can hold your spot and you can hold their spot. Once the doors open, you walk in a calm and peaceful manner to the front. No running. Anyone running will be pulled out of line.

No holding area, so whatever you had in line such as cards, chairs, guitar, books, had to be returned to the car before the doors opened.

I agree that one person should not be allowed to hold a spot for 15 buddies, but certainly one person can be allowed to hold a spot for their ticket buddy only.

What I'd like to see is this:
    Have a GA ticket and want super-close? Get in a line about an hour before doors open. You get a number. A random number is drawn. The person with the lucky number lines up first. The person with the next-higher number lines up as the #2 spot... and so on and so forth.

If there's 200 people, that's 100 numbers... 100 10C members and 100 buddies... Number 52 is drawn. Whoever is #52 goes in first followed by 53-100 and then 1-51.

Once these people are all situated, doors open.

Anyone else in GA, but not wanting to be up close can enter at the regular time when doors open.

This is 100% what should happen. Easy to do as well.
  • That is the way GA is done for Bruce Springsteen shows in the US
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    tomjoad said:

That is the way GA is done for Bruce Springsteen shows in the US

The GA debate doesn't matter an

Regarding the GA line, in 2014, 10C sent out an email that went something like this:

Line up whenever the heck you want to. Three hours before, fine. Three days before, fine. It was permissible to get out of line for a few minutes for food, bathroom, pick up tickets, etc. A system involving a list with numbers (such as to get out of line for hours and hours) was not permissible. Talk to people nearby you so they can hold your spot and you can hold their spot. Once the doors open, you walk in a calm and peaceful manner to the front. No running. Anyone running will be pulled out of line.

No holding area, so whatever you had in line such as cards, chairs, guitar, books, had to be returned to the car before the doors opened.

I agree that one person should not be allowed to hold a spot for 15 buddies, but certainly one person can be allowed to hold a spot for their ticket buddy only.

Have a GA ticket and want super-close? Get in a line about an hour before doors open. You get a number. A random number is drawn. The person with the lucky number lines up first. The person with the next-higher number lines up as the #2 spot... and so on and so forth.

If there's 200 people, that's 100 numbers... 100 10C members and 100 buddies... Number 52 is drawn. Whoever is #52 goes in first followed by 53-100 and then 1-51.

Anyone else in GA, but not wanting to be up close can enter at the regular time when doors open.

This seems like a reasonable idea and keeps the loitering down. Also, fans can take in a little of the host city. I like it.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391

love it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100

my2hands said:

OMG 120 pages of painful bollocks, piss myself if they announce they are taking a break to record a new album......like it was mentioned. I want them to tour, but 120 pages and it just a bunch of made up dates........seriously......

yep a bunch of made up dates- check back Friday to see how fake they all are
    I'm going to guess at least 75% of the original cities will end up being accurate, with some dates shuffled around...
    agreed

And if I'm wrong I hope no one quoted this so I can edit it and delete any history lol
    ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    mcgruff10 said:

love it!
    200 people an hour before? Ziggo1 last year there was a couple of thousand at least an hour before. Ziggo2 750+. Leeds, in torrential rain, 1000. Berlin 1000s. And if you said, hey do you want to be super close I can't imagine many would've said no.

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668

Great idea. Some of the hardcore GA contingent won't like it because it removes their ability to just outlast people by showing up the day before, but if the goal is to get new faces up front (which I've heard as the reason, though obviously just speculation), this accomplishes it hands down the best.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    IamTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

love it!
    200 people an hour before? Ziggo1 last year there was a couple of thousand at least an hour before. Ziggo2 750+. Leeds, in torrential rain, 1000. Berlin 1000s. And if you said, hey do you want to be super close I can't imagine many would've said no.

He's talking about US GA which is very small compared to the seated sections. It obviously is different in Europe where GA is much larger.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    edited December 2015
    Please stop talking about the line/list. There is no list. That shit was officially dealt with by the 10club and figured out along time ago.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • So if one was to have a hotel booked for the show they want to attend based on the last rumour is that crazy?

I booked 4 hotels here in Canada! ~ You've got to do what you've got to do!! ;)

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018

edited December 2015

Please stop talking about the line/list. There is no list. That shit was officially dealt with by the 10club and figured out along time ago.

System needs to be improved IMO.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    Having been fortunate enough to secure GA tickets to recent shows, we walked in ~8pm so I say this as someone who has nothing invested in lining up to be upfront: I quite like the "Springsteen" method for GA entry. As I recall the same procedure was followed by local Ticketmaster outlets back in the day.

Now, I can absolutely appreciate why someone would invest the time and energy to line up for a significant amount of time to get on the rail or be as close as possible; however, with the list nonsense and having witnessed on multiple occasions large groups of people joining the single person in line just prior to doors opening, the random number assigned to the front makes most sense.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Maybe if Ed and the boys quit throwing so many pics and tambourines into the crowd, no one would care where they were in the GA section.
  • There will always be people who behave like assholes.
    I would like to be on the rail one time, just to see how it feels. But it is not mega important to me...

I would like it if they changed the lottery process so that you can only choose the shows, not the seating. And if you want to be included in the GA drawing, you check a box for that. This way, no one knows what they will get, there will be a little more surprise (like the front row seats in older times) and the people who feel the need to be in GA for every show have it a little harder, so others get the chance to experience it as well.

Now with my three hotel reservations, I am ready for the announcement :lol: Bring it on!
  • I am a veteran of many Springsteen shows ...approaching 100...and let me tell you that most hate the GA lottery..unless you win of course. The stress leading up to the number draw is horrible! I feel like if you want to do the time you should get the reward. But that said I have never sat in seats for Bruce since 2005.
  • And to clarify..there are some shows that are small turnouts for lottery and nearly everyone gets in the pit...you just draw for position

And to clarify..there are some shows that are small turnouts for lottery and nearly everyone gets in the pit...you just draw for position

When do people show up for this..like day of show I mean? Thanks
  • I am a veteran of many Springsteen shows ...approaching 100...and let me tell you that most hate the GA lottery..unless you win of course. The stress leading up to the number draw is horrible! I feel like if you want to do the time you should get the reward. But that said I have never sat in seats for Bruce since 2005.

Well, the GA system in Europe for Springsteen shows doesn`t work either(the list)
    This has gone way to far, with people camping out up to 5, yes 5 days before the actual show.
    So, I think the GA lottery might be the best way for all parties
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508

There will always be people who behave like assholes.
    and the people who feel the need to be in GA for every show have it a little harder, so others get the chance to experience it as well.

yup

There will always be people who behave like assholes.
    I would like to be on the rail one time, just to see how it feels. But it is not mega important to me...

I would like it if they changed the lottery process so that you can only choose the shows, not the seating. And if you want to be included in the GA drawing, you check a box for that. This way, no one knows what they will get, there will be a little more surprise (like the front row seats in older times) and the people who feel the need to be in GA for every show have it a little harder, so others get the chance to experience it as well.

Now with my three hotel reservations, I am ready for the announcement :lol: Bring it on!

This is the method that makes their ticketing system as fair as it can be.
  • I read a few posts from this thread to my roommate, and he is now genuinely concerned that I am part of a cult. I had no comment on the matter.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    bburg1551 said:

he is now genuinely concerned that I am part of a cult. .

You say it like it's a bad thing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,143
    FrankieG said:

my2hands said:

OMG 120 pages of painful bollocks, piss myself if they announce they are taking a break to record a new album......like it was mentioned. I want them to tour, but 120 pages and it just a bunch of made up dates........seriously......

yep a bunch of made up dates- check back Friday to see how fake they all are
    I'm going to guess at least 75% of the original cities will end up being accurate, with some dates shuffled around...
    agreed

And if I'm wrong I hope no one quoted this so I can edit it and delete any history lol
    ;)
    damn you Frankie lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17