Options

2016 PJ25 Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508

Our hotel room reservation comes with a free cancellation, otherwise I would not have done this. If there is no tour, I don't lose anything. If there is one, I save a little money (trying to be frugal :relaxed: ). It is all part of the anticipation to me, it is fun to speculate, think about the what ifs. But I prefer to do it in an optimistic way. I haven't seen them this year, and it would be awesome if I could next year. But if it is not in the books, so be it. Goodness.

im crashing with you two, fuck everybody else.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Why are we all turning on each other? :dizzy:

For sure..dogs chewing on our own and each other's tails. Maybe they should just go ahead and let us off the hook and drop a tweet right now.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options

Our hotel room reservation comes with a free cancellation, otherwise I would not have done this. If there is no tour, I don't lose anything. If there is one, I save a little money (trying to be frugal :relaxed: ). It is all part of the anticipation to me, it is fun to speculate, think about the what ifs. But I prefer to do it in an optimistic way. I haven't seen them this year, and it would be awesome if I could next year. But if it is not in the books, so be it. Goodness.

i like frugal.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

Alrighty! No butt pictures though! :lol:
  • Options
    meganrosemeganrose Northern, KY Posts: 133
    Looks like no new info today. Oh well. On to tomorrow!
    #feelthebern #bernie2016
  • Options

Alrighty! No butt pictures though! :lol:
    cant promise that?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    why would someone not take 5 minutes to book a hotel to beat the rush and save $? then if the show doesn't happen, or the date is wrong, they take 5 minutes to cancel it *gasp*

the problem is, it feels like some people think it is "uncool" to show that you are a fan, or to show passion, or excitement, or enthusiasm... too many cynical douche bags out there that just want to be negative and piss on other peoples parties so they can feel like one of the "cool guys"

book your rooms, speculate and discuss away, sign up your pets and grandparents for more lotto chances, stand in line for GA as long as you want, and have fun... who gives a fuck what anybody else thinks
  • Options
    my2hands said:

why would someone not take 5 minutes to book a hotel to beat the rush and save $? then if the show doesn't happen, or the date is wrong, they take 5 minutes to cancel it *gasp*

the problem is, it feels like some people think it is "uncool" to show that you are a fan, or to show passion, or excitement, or enthusiasm... too many cynical douche bags out there that just want to be negative and piss on other peoples parties so they can feel like one of the "cool guys"

book your rooms, speculate and discuss away, sign up your pets and grandparents for more lotto chances, stand in line for GA as long as you want, and have fun... who gives a fuck what anybody else thinks

Calm down.

(meant as humor)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    MayDay10 said:

Is Wrigley, Fenway, Gorge an actual thing, or based only on speculation? Dont want to read 124 pages of poop

seems like the stadiums are a thing, fenway was mentioned early on as there is no area shows on the original list leak.

otherwise there is 123.75 pages of poop
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

Calm down.

(meant as humor)
    calmer than you are, dude

• Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    my2hands said:

Yay! If i could cancel plane tics id book them toi!
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    my2hands said:

you reminded me of this scene, which is great, i am not pissing on your party in anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObbLapUaZd4
    go to like 2 minutes in if you don't want to watch the whole thing. cheers.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options

my2hands said:

Calm down.

(meant as humor)
    that was lost around 08' i believe.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

now i'm lost, am i cool or not?
  • Options

my2hands said:

Calm down.

(meant as humor)
    That is the ONE thing, I can honestly say, that I miss from the old boards.

Humor.
    Everyone laughed, everyone participated, everyone had a great time. Threads would turn in to 4-10 pages in a matter of minutes.
    Not so much anymore.
    Damn shame.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2015
    I've heard this debated before, but isn't escape actually never the safest "path".
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options

my2hands said:

Calm down.

(meant as humor)
    That is the ONE thing, I can honestly say, that I miss from the old boards.

Humor.
    Everyone laughed, everyone participated, everyone had a great time. Threads would turn in to 4-10 pages in a matter of minutes.
    Not so much anymore.
    Damn shame.
    Everyone was drunk
    fixed
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Nothing confirmed, nothing to cancel. I really hope they will play Europe, but we'll see.

It's not like what they did back in 2004 when they promised that "Although it's still too early to give specifics, European fans can do some early rejoicing.
    http://www.pearljam.netmark.pl/newsy/rumorpit20.html

That was pretty brutal.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Sorry, didn't mean to repost
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pWPg2DXcHA
  • Options
    3days said:

3days said:

I've heard this debated before, but isn't escape actually never the safest "path".

• Options
    3days said:

I've heard this debated before, but isn't escape actually the safest "path".

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017

Ryan said:

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

if the band cancel euro tour,and even the excuse is security reason,(personally i dont believe thats the real reason) im ok with it..
    Doesn't a tour have to be announced first for it to be cancelled?
    are we play with the words here? a week ago all was booked and confirmed
    now things might change..the important is what will happen in the future
    as i said il take the best i can get..europe or no europe ill use my passport to see them

There's no play on words. No tour was announced, hence there is no tour to cancel.

Telling everyone that as recently as last week an entire tour was booked seems like bad form, especially when people here know you have sources that give you the inside scoop. Stating this on the band's official message board serves no purpose other than to rile up an already easily-excitable fan base.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    3days said:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pWPg2DXcHA
    Seems about right haha
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

How dare you speculate and have fun in a thread labeled rumors! Think of all the damage you are doing to others!
  • Options
    I've booked a couple of rooms because in the smaller cities it will be tougher and especially on weekends. why not get a cheaper room now and you can always cancel up to 24 hours before
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I guess Speedy's comment was not really about the fact that people reserved hotels in itself, but more about people who have reserved a room telling others to calm down. I have done this, because someone seemed to be very pessimistic and concerned about speculated "negative" news that are not confirmed at all. Yes, it might be a nerd thing to book a room in advance. Yes, it might be weird to speculate about all kinds of things. But it is fun too and for eff's sake, we are on a fan forum of the band we speculate about. But it doesn't do any good, I think, to be completely pessimistic and angry about decisions that haven't even been made. I prefer to see things positive. Book away, enjoy the anticipation! Life is good when you think about possible show dates in your reach.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Ryan said:

I can't imagine what a shit storm "Big, Bold and Free" would have caused with the people here if it happened in 2015/16, not in 2005.

When is that thing coming? ;)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Pure comedy.

People who have hotel rooms booked, for an unannounced tour.
    Telling others to ....Calm down.

Pure comedy

I travel to see a lot of shows. Mainly Phish and I will book hotel rooms (refundable) based on rumors because it has saved me thousands over the years. It costs nothing to call and cancel a hotel room you book because a band is rumored to play on this day or that. When Phish would announce their tour and I didn't book a room prior to the announcement they cost hundreds more...I think it's pretty comical when people DON'T book hotel rooms based on a rumor then complain when they waited too long and can't find or can't afford a room.
    doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you...

Pittsburgh '00
    PennState '03; Camden 1 '03; Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Ottawa '05; Borgata 2 '05
    Ed Sullivan Theater '06; Hartford '06; NJ 1-2 '06
    WPB '08; Tampa '08; EV Newark '08
    EV Ft. Lauderale '12
    Ft. Lauderale '16; Miami '16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Ryan said:

Ryan said:

I doubt they are cancelling the Euro tour. If they did, I wouldn't fault them. They are about safety and while they can put on a stand against terrorism by having a concert, they also have to think about their fans and do they want to involve the fans in their "stand" as well. It is a little different for us as fans to go to a show as we only make a decision for ourselves. It is a little different if you are the one inviting 20,000 people to come to your event where your fans are counting on you to provide security.

if the band cancel euro tour,and even the excuse is security reason,(personally i dont believe thats the real reason) im ok with it..
    Doesn't a tour have to be announced first for it to be cancelled?
    are we play with the words here? a week ago all was booked and confirmed
    now things might change..the important is what will happen in the future
    as i said il take the best i can get..europe or no europe ill use my passport to see them

There's no play on words. No tour was announced, hence there is no tour to cancel.

Telling everyone that as recently as last week an entire tour was booked seems like bad form, especially when people here know you have sources that give you the inside scoop. Stating this on the band's official message board serves no purpose other than to rile up an already easily-excitable fan base.
    you dont know what i know or how i know it,so u are just assuming things..
    and especially the part im the guy to rile up the fan base...,.,that was a good one
    but im used to it around here,people assuming things about me..,so isnt biggie...all good
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”