• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

I really enjoyed this article because it talks about a side of Hillary that people don't get to see enough. :)
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/hillary-clinton-candidacy.html

Thank you for sharing. Reading this brings me back to my young college days when Hillary first arrived on the national scene as First Lady. She was a tremendous role model for the kind of woman I wanted to be when I grew up. Twenty-five years later, I still connect to her struggles in multiple ways. I hope that when I'm 68, I'm still fighting the good fight the way she does.
    She's one tough lady and she's going to need all of that toughness to get things done. Time will tell but even so, breaking that never-a-woman-president barrier, I believe, will go far in improving things for all women...which will improve things for families too and that includes men, obviously. She's very qualified and although no president has ever been perfect, I think she'll do very well.
    :rofl:
    We've seen how she feels about younger women. You must've forgotten that.

Is the only reason you like Hillary because she's a woman?
    Because that's a sad reason. I can think of two good women much better than Hillary that would make a better president than she would. Jill Stein and Elizabeth Warren.
    Will you still support Warren when she starts campaigning for Clinton?
    A double female ticket will be a tough thing to believe at this point. And not one that's a sure bet against Trump, let alone a Hillary race against Trump. They're both dismal as it is, the least liked in history.
    I said "for"...not with. I'm not suggesting Warren will be picked for VP but she will fall in line and be a huge supporter of Clinton....just like Sanders. You'll just have to start accepting that.
    If you think I, along w/ millions of supporters of Sanders, are going to "get in line", you've got another thing coming baby.
    That doesn't support the polling. I think I saw like 67% of Sanders supporters say they will support Clinton at this point. Once he concedes and tells his supporters to get behind Clinton the smart ones will do that and push that 67% to around 90% or so. My opinion but I think that's reasonable.
    Polling. That's reliable!! :lol:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

I really enjoyed this article because it talks about a side of Hillary that people don't get to see enough. :)
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/hillary-clinton-candidacy.html

Thank you for sharing. Reading this brings me back to my young college days when Hillary first arrived on the national scene as First Lady. She was a tremendous role model for the kind of woman I wanted to be when I grew up. Twenty-five years later, I still connect to her struggles in multiple ways. I hope that when I'm 68, I'm still fighting the good fight the way she does.
    She's one tough lady and she's going to need all of that toughness to get things done. Time will tell but even so, breaking that never-a-woman-president barrier, I believe, will go far in improving things for all women...which will improve things for families too and that includes men, obviously. She's very qualified and although no president has ever been perfect, I think she'll do very well.
    :rofl:
    We've seen how she feels about younger women. You must've forgotten that.

Is the only reason you like Hillary because she's a woman?
    Because that's a sad reason. I can think of two good women much better than Hillary that would make a better president than she would. Jill Stein and Elizabeth Warren.
    Will you still support Warren when she starts campaigning for Clinton?
    A double female ticket will be a tough thing to believe at this point. And not one that's a sure bet against Trump, let alone a Hillary race against Trump. They're both dismal as it is, the least liked in history.
    I said "for"...not with. I'm not suggesting Warren will be picked for VP but she will fall in line and be a huge supporter of Clinton....just like Sanders. You'll just have to start accepting that.
    If you think I, along w/ millions of supporters of Sanders, are going to "get in line", you've got another thing coming baby.
    That doesn't support the polling. I think I saw like 67% of Sanders supporters say they will support Clinton at this point. Once he concedes and tells his supporters to get behind Clinton the smart ones will do that and push that 67% to around 90% or so. My opinion but I think that's reasonable.
    There's no reason to think this won't play out, particularly if Sanders backs her, which he said he would. Obama is going to campaign very hard and make the distinction very clear. Warren will pile on, as will Biden.

And once the Clinton team starts unleashing attack ads, it's going to hurt Trump. And we know that his skin is thin. Look at the way he reacted at his presser yesterday. He was so mad that he was getting bad press, he could barely find his words.
    Yeah I didn't even think of Biden. I just hope she doesn't screw up the VP pick.

The Trump University stuff has given Clinton TONS of ammo. Trump had to start defending himself yesterday...I'm guessing that will be their strategy so that he is always apologizing or defending himself.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    rgambs said:

Free said:

Let's face it Hillary supporters.

The sheer number of Sanders supporters completely outweighs Hillary supporters.

Have a nice day.

Seriously dude, you are making me wish I wasn't a Bernie supporter.
    Sanders is THE MAN but his support is getting closer and closer to an equal force of immaturity to that of Trump's supporters.

The votes are in, and Sanders is losing. If you can't accept loss without screaming "you cheated" you shouldn't be playing at the adult's table.
    Your contention here is that 3 million false votes were logged for Clinton? No, even worse, since Sanders is completely outweighing Clinton it must be more like 5 or 6 million cases of voter fraud...
    That is an absolutely ridiculous line of thinking.

It is clear that Sanders has more supporters that are ardent, dedicated, and committed to him than Clinton, but even though the vast majority of voters don't go to rallies, they go to the polls and they are (sadly) picking Clinton.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would love to see Sanders as POTUS, and will continue to hope this is the case until he is 100% out of the race. That doesn't mean I'll ignore basic mathematics, or get offended when people show valid statistics suggesting he's (very clearly) the underdog in becoming the Democratic party's nominee.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited June 2016
    Moved
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited June 2016
    benjs said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

Sanders is THE MAN but his support is getting closer and closer to an equal force of immaturity to that of Trump's supporters.

The votes are in, and Sanders is losing. If you can't accept loss without screaming "you cheated" you shouldn't be playing at the adult's table.
    Your contention here is that 3 million false votes were logged for Clinton? No, even worse, since Sanders is completely outweighing Clinton it must be more like 5 or 6 million cases of voter fraud...

It is clear that Sanders has more supporters that are ardent, dedicated, and committed to him than Clinton, but even though the vast majority of voters don't go to rallies, they go to the polls and they are (sadly) picking Clinton.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would love to see Sanders as POTUS, and will continue to hope this is the case until he is 100% out of the race. That doesn't mean I'll ignore basic mathematics, or get offended when people show valid statistics suggesting he's (very clearly) the underdog in becoming the Democratic party's nominee.
    You're both missing the point though. This isn't about Sanders winning anymore, we all know it's a slim chance.

The point that no one seems to want to talk about is how this election IS rigged. Don't gloss over that fact, Benjs and gambs. This isn't about falling into line behind another candidate, this is about the corruption of the election process.

I'll say it again, MSNBC is planning to call the CA race @ 5pm Pacific time, well before polls close. And most people go vote after work.

Address THAT point, which affects all Americans regardless of party, not individuals!

This is not some silly made up notion, the media has admitted it!
    Post edited by Free on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    edited June 2016
    Free said:

benjs said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

You're both missing the point though. This isn't about Sanders winning anymore, we all know it's a slim chance.

The point that no one seems to want to talk about is how this election IS rigged. Don't gloss over that fact, Benjs and gambs. This isn't about falling into line behind another candidate, this is about the corruption of the election process.

I'll say it again, MSNBC is planning to call the CA race @ 5pm Pacific time, well before polls close. And most people go vote after work.

Address THAT point, which affects all Americans regardless of party, not individuals!

You aren't even reading our own sources. MSNBC and others will call Hillary the presumptive nominee AFTER she wins NJ. NJ closes at 5PM PST. Through exit polling, she will have enough delegates at that point. Those delegates and the SDs that have committed will put her over the top. They are not calling California. Jesus Christ. Pay attention.
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

You aren't even reading our own sources. MSNBC and others will call Hillary the presumptive nominee AFTER she wins NJ. NJ closes at 5PM PST. Through exit polling, she will have enough delegates at that point. Those delegates and the SDs that have committed will put her over the top. They are not calling California. Jesus Christ. Pay attention.
    YOU pay attention. The election process is to call winners after ALL votes are counted. Sanders and Clinton are tied for CA. There is no maneuvering around election processes without it being CHEATING. Superdelegates VOTE in JULY. Jesus Christ. Pay Attention.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    edited June 2016
    no one can really argue that the electoral process in the US is anything but undemocratic ...it's totally rigged ... but you guys haven't even moved to the metric system yet so clearly no one cares!
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

benjs said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

YOU pay attention. The election process is to call winners after ALL votes are counted. Sanders and Clinton are tied for CA. There is no maneuvering around election processes without it being CHEATING. Superdelegates VOTE in JULY. Jesus Christ. Pay Attention.
    This... "MSNBC is planning to call the CA race @ 5pm Pacific time, well before polls close." is what you said and is not what the video said or what Chris Matthews said. They are not calling CA before the polls close. That has not happened in several years. There is nothing illegal about it, but the media self imposed the policy. Pay attention to your own sources.
    polaris_x said:

no one can really argue that the electoral process in the US is anything but undemocratic ...it's totally rigged ... but you guys haven't even moved to the metric system yet so clearly no one cares!

Now, at least this post is at least on the right track!
    From http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/california-voter-suppression-election-fraud-primary-lawsuit-examples-photos-registration-changes/
    They posted the above video I posted.
    Multiple TV networks have admitted that at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on June 7, three hours before polls in California even close, they’re going to report that Hillary Clinton has won the Democratic nomination. This is noted in the video above on MSNBC. This could suppress the vote, as voters who have no idea what’s actually happening might be discouraged from voting at all in the last few hours of the election.

The truth is that, according to delegate numbers, neither Sanders nor Clinton can “clinch” the nomination through pledged delegates alone by the time the California primary closes. To win the nomination without superdelegates, a candidate would need 2,383 pledged delegates. Neither Clinton nor Sanders will be getting that number.

However, Sanders does have a slight chance of surpassing Clinton in the pledged delegate count if he wins about 67 percent of the vote. If this happens, superdelegates might switch to support him. Superdelegates will be deciding the nomination at the Democratic Convention in late July, and even superdelegates who have previously said they are voting for Clinton are free to change their minds. Sanders’ supporters are angered by MSNBC’s report that TV new stations will erroneously report a Clinton nomination win.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,865
    Free said:

benjs said:

rgambs said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

Sorry, but I feel like the "riggedness" of these primaries is a huge point of discussion on these boards and in the media. It has been a common theme running through the entire process.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited June 2016
    Free said:
    I did watch carefully. 3x. And you completely misrepresented what Jeff Weaver said, and further, he says it will depress turnout on both sides. You want to argue that no one wins the nomination until the convention? That's fine. It's true. That's why the word PRESUMPTIVE is used. This is true for the GOP too.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:
    I did watch carefully. 3x. And you completely misrepresented what Jeff Weaver said, and further, he says it will depress turnout on both sides. You want to argue that no one wins the nomination until the convention? That's fine. It's true. That's why the word PRESUMPTIVE is used. This is true for the GOP too.
    This is no place for the truth, the facts, or verifiable details.
  • Good point http://www.msn.com/en-ca/movies/celebrity/susan-sarandon-says-hillary-clinton-will-be-indicted-over-email-scandal/ar-BBtOTt4?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout
    I feel it would be very hard for me to send that message that I give her permission to use my taxes

Good point http://www.msn.com/en-ca/movies/celebrity/susan-sarandon-says-hillary-clinton-will-be-indicted-over-email-scandal/ar-BBtOTt4?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout
    I feel it would be very hard for me to send that message that I give her permission to use my taxes

It must be nice for Susan to sit in her ivory tower, saying Bernie or Bust. The rest of us will have to live with the consequences of a Trump Presidency. It won't be a big deal for her.
    http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/sanders_to_clinton_yes_trumps_foreign_policy_20160604
    “I agree with Secretary Clinton that Donald Trump’s foreign policy ideas are incredibly reckless and irresponsible,” he said in his statement. “But when it comes to foreign policy, we cannot forget that Secretary Clinton voted for the war in Iraq, the worst foreign policy blunder in modern American history, and that she has been a proponent of regime change, as in Libya, without thinking through the consequences.”...
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    edited June 2016
    Free said:

http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/sanders_to_clinton_yes_trumps_foreign_policy_20160604

“I agree with Secretary Clinton that Donald Trump’s foreign policy ideas are incredibly reckless and irresponsible,” he said in his statement. “But when it comes to foreign policy, we cannot forget that Secretary Clinton voted for the war in Iraq, the worst foreign policy blunder in modern American history, and that she has been a proponent of regime change, as in Libya, without thinking through the consequences.”...
    Main reason I voted Bernie in primary.
    Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, claims there's been media "malpractice" in coverage of the Democratic race between Sanders and Hillary Clinton. Media wrong to call race Tuesday.
    Source: CNN (Clinton News Network)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/06/05/cenk-uygur-criticizes-coverage-of-sanders.cnn
    Free said:

Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, claims there's been media "malpractice" in coverage of the Democratic race between Sanders and Hillary Clinton. Media wrong to call race Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/06/05/cenk-uygur-criticizes-coverage-of-sanders.cnn

Wow! Malpractice! Stop the presses with this new angle. Sanders and his lackeys blame someone else for losing pledged del., super dels, and the popular vote. Who saw this coming today!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Wow! Malpractice! Stop the presses with this new angle. Sanders and his lackeys blame someone else for losing pledged del., super dels, and the popular vote. Who saw this coming today!
    That's going a little far, the media has clearly been biased toward Clinton, and using the unbound delegates to declare her the victor before those delegates vote is the culmination of the mistreatment Sanders has endured.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Because I will not address you again, because one can't reason with the unreasonable, I'd just like to point out that there is a serious need for a faceplant emoticon. Even with solid evidence, when one refuses to acknowledge reality, posting can be completely redundant.
    Post edited by Free on
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

That's going a little far, the media has clearly been biased toward Clinton, and using the unbound delegates to declare her the victor before those delegates vote is the culmination of the mistreatment Sanders has endured.
    They have declared her the 'presumptive' nominee. That's a really important word and historically accurate. Take a look how often super delegates have changed their minds. It's essentially zero. You know how many have changed their minds this cycle? One... someone flipped from Bernie to Hillary.

Second, I can't see how anyone can say the press has favored Hillary. Huffington Post which is the #3 news site behind Yahoo and Google (neither which do much of their own writing, rather aggregating) has been so over the top supporting Bernie that I stopped going there during Feb/March, until she swept the NY Tuesday primaries.
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

They have declared her the 'presumptive' nominee. That's a really important word and historically accurate. Take a look how often super delegates have changed their minds. It's essentially zero. You know how many have changed their minds this cycle? One... someone flipped from Bernie to Hillary.

Second, I can't see how anyone can say the press has favored Hillary. Huffington Post which is the #3 news site behind Yahoo and Google (neither which do much of their own writing, rather aggregating) has been so over the top supporting Bernie that I stopped going there during Feb/March, until she swept the NY Tuesday primaries.
    You're wrong. I suggest you research the 2008 election. But wait, you only read what you want to believe. Redundancy.
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You're wrong. I suggest you research the 2008 election. But wait, you only read what you want to believe. Redundancy.
    I'm not wrong. A couple dozen switched in 2008. It's difficult to find the precise number because it is essentially verbal. But that equates to what... 4%? How many switched thus far? One. What about 2004? What about 2000? 1992? Tell me if you can find something that equates to greater than 5% since its inception. I'd be quite surprised.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Which makes it just about as many as the number of presumptive nominees that have been under credible threat of indictment on felony charges prior to the convention.

Using one of the most liberal website news sources as evidence that the media hasnt been biased is not worth very much. Television coverage (which is still king in media) has given very little notice to Sanders' massive turnouts, they have continually overstated the margin of Clinton's lead, and they have been complicit with Clinton's media blackout strategy (which is a good strategy for her, btw)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Hey, you still trying to decipher that Reddit post from the other day?
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    why is the area directly above her upper lip so damn wrinkled?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,865
    rssesq said:

why is the area directly above her upper lip so damn wrinkled?

It's the aging process.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.