Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384
    rssesq said:

The neo-con REPUBES will love her even more as she is the most HAWKISH and ardent Israel supporter of all time. Avigdor/Netanyahu/Hillary, it is only a matter of time before American kids are dying in a some desert (iran) for Israeli insecurity and white phosphorus bombs are dropping all over Gaza despite world condemnation.

Chuch

Kat said:

Kat said:

I really enjoyed this article because it talks about a side of Hillary that people don't get to see enough. :)
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/hillary-clinton-candidacy.html

I don't have much doubt that once she is the official nominee the opinion polls will start to shift her way.
    I agree. Her favorables were high when she was SoS. I remember the Republicans saying all kinds of nice things about her too. They won't now of course, but they did.
    disagree...even unnecessary death won't bring the repubs over to her side
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

I really enjoyed this article because it talks about a side of Hillary that people don't get to see enough. :)

I don't have much doubt that once she is the official nominee the opinion polls will start to shift her way.
    :lol:
    You'll be laughing at Bernie Sanders....he'll jump on the bandwagon pretty soon
    This made me :rofl:
    If Bernie wants any influence in the Senate to help set the agenda, he'll fall in line. If not, he'll be ostracized and his movement will melt away.
    Look at you with your militant and Orwellian "Fall in Line".

Got it.

You're really not familiar at all with the terms 'consensus building' and 'compromise'. That's how things get done in the real world. And also why Bernie has gotten very little done over his career.
    Looks like you, again don't like to read Sanders accomplishments in Congress. :lol:
    ... Because you're rather have people fall in line. :bow:

http://www.occasionalplanet.org/2016/03/04/a-list-of-bernie-sanders-accomplishments/
    My comment about falling in line was about getting behind Hillary. I can guarantee you he will be ostracized if he doesn't do that. If you don't understand that political reality, then you don't know how institutions where everyone is equal, really work.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited June 2016
    Kat said:

Kat said:

Thank you for sharing. Reading this brings me back to my young college days when Hillary first arrived on the national scene as First Lady. She was a tremendous role model for the kind of woman I wanted to be when I grew up. Twenty-five years later, I still connect to her struggles in multiple ways. I hope that when I'm 68, I'm still fighting the good fight the way she does.
    She's one tough lady and she's going to need all of that toughness to get things done. Time will tell but even so, breaking that never-a-woman-president barrier, I believe, will go far in improving things for all women...which will improve things for families too and that includes men, obviously. She's very qualified and although no president has ever been perfect, I think she'll do very well.
    :rofl:
    We've seen how she feels about younger women. You must've forgotten that.

Is the only reason you like Hillary because she's a woman?
    Because that's a sad reason. I can think of two good women much better than Hillary that would make a better president than she would. Jill Stein and Elizabeth Warren.
    Post edited by Free on
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

You'll be laughing at Bernie Sanders....he'll jump on the bandwagon pretty soon
    This made me :rofl:
    If Bernie wants any influence in the Senate to help set the agenda, he'll fall in line. If not, he'll be ostracized and his movement will melt away.
    Look at you with your militant and Orwellian "Fall in Line".

Got it.

You're really not familiar at all with the terms 'consensus building' and 'compromise'. That's how things get done in the real world. And also why Bernie has gotten very little done over his career.
    Looks like you, again don't like to read Sanders accomplishments in Congress. :lol:
    ... Because you're rather have people fall in line. :bow:

http://www.occasionalplanet.org/2016/03/04/a-list-of-bernie-sanders-accomplishments/
    My comment about falling in line was about getting behind Hillary. I can guarantee you he will be ostracized if he doesn't do that. If you don't understand that political reality, then you don't know how institutions where everyone is equal, really work.
    "Guarantee" :lol:

Ok, master.
    rssesq said:

The neo-con REPUBES will love her even more as she is the most HAWKISH and ardent Israel supporter of all time. Avigdor/Netanyahu/Hillary, it is only a matter of time before American kids are dying in a some desert (iran) for Israeli insecurity and white phosphorus bombs are dropping all over Gaza despite world condemnation.

Chuch

Kat said:

Kat said:

I agree. Her favorables were high when she was SoS. I remember the Republicans saying all kinds of nice things about her too. They won't now of course, but they did.
    Yep.
    Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

Thank you for sharing. Reading this brings me back to my young college days when Hillary first arrived on the national scene as First Lady. She was a tremendous role model for the kind of woman I wanted to be when I grew up. Twenty-five years later, I still connect to her struggles in multiple ways. I hope that when I'm 68, I'm still fighting the good fight the way she does.
    She's one tough lady and she's going to need all of that toughness to get things done. Time will tell but even so, breaking that never-a-woman-president barrier, I believe, will go far in improving things for all women...which will improve things for families too and that includes men, obviously. She's very qualified and although no president has ever been perfect, I think she'll do very well.

Because that's a sad reason. I can think of two good women much better than Hillary that would make a better president than she would. Jill Stein and Elizabeth Warren.
    Will you still support Warren when she starts campaigning for Clinton?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

Your communication style is harsh and may turn people against your candidate. As a supporter, you should be trying to build bridges to bring people to your candidate. If that's not your intent, why are you here posting stuff? It's all very confusing.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,830

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

I really like Elizabeth Warren too. She'd be a great president next, right after Hillary. :) We need her in the Senate now.
    Falling down,...not staying down

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

A double female ticket will be a tough thing to believe at this point. And not one that's a sure bet against Trump, let alone a Hillary race against Trump. They're both dismal as it is, the least liked in history.
    edited June 2016
    Kat said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

I really like Elizabeth Warren too. She'd be a great president next, right after Hillary. :) We need her in the Senate now.
    She's already in Senate.
    She fights big banks and Wall Street a hell of a lot better than Clinton, who takes money from both of them. And refuses to leak the transcripts from her speeches with them. Hmmmm
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

A double female ticket will be a tough thing to believe at this point. And not one that's a sure bet against Trump, let alone a Hillary race against Trump. They're both dismal as it is, the least liked in history.
    I said "for"...not with. I'm not suggesting Warren will be picked for VP but she will fall in line and be a huge supporter of Clinton....just like Sanders. You'll just have to start accepting that.

Kat said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

My issue with Warren is that she doesn't have any international politics experience. She needs to round out her resume a bit before she is ready to be POTUS. She can do that in the Senate, but needs to be more involved in some different committees.

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

I said "for"...not with. I'm not suggesting Warren will be picked for VP but she will fall in line and be a huge supporter of Clinton....just like Sanders. You'll just have to start accepting that.
    If you think I, along w/ millions of supporters of Sanders, are going to "get in line", you've got another thing coming baby.
    Let's face it Hillary supporters.

The sheer number of Sanders supporters completely outweighs Hillary supporters.

Have a nice day.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,830
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

My issue with Warren is that she doesn't have any international politics experience. She needs to round out her resume a bit before she is ready to be POTUS. She can do that in the Senate, but needs to be more involved in some different committees.
    You are reading my mind - or I'm reading yours. I like a well-rounded candidate. I'm also really enjoying her (Elizabeth's) tweets lately. :)

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Free said:

Have a nice day.

Bye!
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

If you think I, along w/ millions of supporters of Sanders, are going to "get in line", you've got another thing coming baby.
    That doesn't support the polling. I think I saw like 67% of Sanders supporters say they will support Clinton at this point. Once he concedes and tells his supporters to get behind Clinton the smart ones will do that and push that 67% to around 90% or so. My opinion but I think that's reasonable.

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

That doesn't support the polling. I think I saw like 67% of Sanders supporters say they will support Clinton at this point. Once he concedes and tells his supporters to get behind Clinton the smart ones will do that and push that 67% to around 90% or so. My opinion but I think that's reasonable.
    Polling. That's reliable!! :lol:
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

Bye!
    Reminds me of a sarcastic joke a colleague shared with me today, when discussing a different group of believers who won't give up at work, in spite of all contrary evidence: "Always believe in the power of delusional thinking."

Phone tutorial credit to PJfanwillneverleave. Thanks, dude! I did it!!

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

Bye!
    Reminds me of a sarcastic joke a colleague shared with me today, when discussing a different group of believers who won't give up at work, in spite of all contrary evidence: "Always believe in the power of delusional thinking."

Because they are supposed to militantly and Orwellianly "fall in line", you say? Good luck with that!
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Have a nice day.

Bye!

Because they are supposed to militantly and Orwellianly "fall in line", you say? Good luck with that!
    Your use of hyperbole is stunningly predictable.

You can fall in whatever line you would like. George Orwell be damned, people still have free will when they walk into their private voting booths in America. I've already said I don't care much about what happens to the minor fringe element who voted for Bernie as a Democrat in the primaries and caucuses.

You asked me at one point why I kept posting about Hillary in the Sanders thread. That was a good question . . . The answer is because you spend a lot of time bringing up Hillary in the Sanders thread. All the conspiracy theories and negative, cry-baby "the system is out to get us." Over and over. And now here you are in the Hillary thread, like a pesky red mosquito after the same blood.
    Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

Polling. That's reliable!! :lol:

Free said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Kat said:

There's no reason to think this won't play out, particularly if Sanders backs her, which he said he would. Obama is going to campaign very hard and make the distinction very clear. Warren will pile on, as will Biden.

And once the Clinton team starts unleashing attack ads, it's going to hurt Trump. And we know that his skin is thin. Look at the way he reacted at his presser yesterday. He was so mad that he was getting bad press, he could barely find his words.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

Have a nice day.

Seriously dude, you are making me wish I wasn't a Bernie supporter.
    Sanders is THE MAN but his support is getting closer and closer to an equal force of immaturity to that of Trump's supporters.

The votes are in, and Sanders is losing. If you can't accept loss without screaming "you cheated" you shouldn't be playing at the adult's table.
    Your contention here is that 3 million false votes were logged for Clinton? No, even worse, since Sanders is completely outweighing Clinton it must be more like 5 or 6 million cases of voter fraud...
    That is an absolutely ridiculous line of thinking.

It is clear that Sanders has more supporters that are ardent, dedicated, and committed to him than Clinton, but even though the vast majority of voters don't go to rallies, they go to the polls and they are (sadly) picking Clinton.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited June 2016
    Free said:

This video doesn't show how Clinton's campaign along with the mainstream media are cheating to win. Nooooooo........

https://m.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4kwxsy/msnbc_admits_well_suppress_voting_to_help_clinton/

Just going to put this right here, since this is the Hillary thread.

MSNBC network will be ready to project at 5 pm Pacific Time that Hillary is the presumptive nominee. Which means that Californian voters will be uncounted in their final 3 hours of voting.

But you people can go back to your regular programing of pretending you didn't seeing this. Because it is unpleasant and you'd rather talk about pretty things or just slamming the non-conformist.

Gambs, your post is One of the better ones, but you don't address these issues either. You participate in slamming too.

This is blatant cheating folks. And it involves all of us. Pretend you don't see it, divert your attention, go get bombed. But this is our country at work and it fails us all. Especially, when we start talking about "falling in line".
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

Free said:

This video doesn't show how Clinton's campaign along with the mainstream media are cheating to win. Nooooooo........

https://m.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4kwxsy/msnbc_admits_well_suppress_voting_to_help_clinton/

MSNBC network will be ready to project at 5 pm Pacific Time that Hillary is the presumptive nominee. Which means that Californian voters will be uncounted in their final 3 hours of voting.

But you people can go back to your regular programing of pretending you didn't seeing this. Because it is unpleasant and you'd rather talk about pretty things or just slamming the non-conformist.

Gambs, your post is One of the better ones, but you don't address these issues either. You participate in slamming too.

This is blatant cheating folks. And it involves all of us. Pretend you don't see it, divert your attention, go get bombed. But this is our country at work and it fails us all. Especially, when we start talking about "falling in line".
    Wait a minute... is the argument here that because Hillary will likely be declared the winner of NJ at 8PM, that will give her enough delegates plus SD's to secure the nomination, that this is somehow cheating the CA voters?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

Free said:

Who are you to take others to task for "slamming"?

The way you treat others in what I'd hoped would be civil debates makes you lose much credibility...despite your many links.
    edited June 2016
    Free said:

Free said:

Okay I'm going to indulge you a bit on this one because you are clearly amped up. I watched video:

1. Matthews uses the incorrect term and Weaver uses teh correct one. It's 'presumptive nominee'. This is not an inaccurate statement. Does it mean that it's impossible for SD's to switch? No, but she's still would be accurately considered presumptive.

2. Weaver states himself that it will depress voting on both sides. He doesn't say it will give Hillary an advantage. Yet the title on Reddit clearly draws that conclusion. Strange, no? I guess the poster knows something that dumb ass Jeff Weaver doesn't.

3. Why aren't you over on the Trump thread bitching about his being called presumptive for the last several weeks. Technically if he doesn't get through the first vote with a majority, no one is required to vote for him.

4. You don't understand what the word 'cheating' means. Explain to me how this is cheating. Newsflash: It doesn't matter if he wins CA or not. The SD's are not switching to him unless she is indicted next week. Even then, they might go for Biden instead considering Sanders and his supporters attack everyone that doesn't agree with him. Going after Barney Frank was likely the last straw for the party officials.
This discussion has been closed.