Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Does money influence? Anything troubling about all this foreign money to former SoS?

It's illegal for a foreign national to contribute to a presidential campaign. So I'm not sure how any of these numbers are accurate, without leading to serious fines and jail times. Can you explain?
    I'm assuming it's counting the dollars given to the Clinton foundation. Ignoring the graphic, my questions were is it troubling that $25M was funneled to Hilliarys campaign via the CF?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,737
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Does money influence? Anything troubling about all this foreign money to former SoS?

It's illegal for a foreign national to contribute to a presidential campaign. So I'm not sure how any of these numbers are accurate, without leading to serious fines and jail times. Can you explain?
    Can you prove it's false?
    That's a silly retort.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

I'm assuming it's counting the dollars given to the Clinton foundation. Ignoring the graphic, my questions were is it troubling that $25M was funneled to Hilliarys campaign via the CF?
    So how did Obama have illegal contributions? Or McCain? Or Romney? The chart is totally full of shit.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Saudi Arabia Has Funded 20% Of Hillary's Presidential Campaign, Saudi Crown Prince Claims

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

That's a silly retort.
    No its not. Let's see if you can do it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,066
    zero hedge....you're a joke
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

So how did Obama have illegal contributions? Or McCain? Or Romney? The chart is totally full of shit.
    A Google search on the image comes up empty. I'm going to agree with you.

We can apply this research and discussion to other threads on taboo topics!

Exciting stuff
  • Options
    Don't like publicity that make your loser candidate look bad? :bawling:
  • Options
    Free said:

Saudi Arabia Has Funded 20% Of Hillary's Presidential Campaign, Saudi Crown Prince Claims

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims

I'm fairly certain the Prince did make that statement. A simple Google search will provide other sources.
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

That's a silly retort.
    I just read this entire list. There are no foreign nationals on the list. Type in Clinton. Done and done.

http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandCmteTransaction.do

• Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Read your own story...plus this includes expats who are still US citizens.

Included in these numbers are donations sent to the presidential campaigns by American troops stationed overseas and members of the diplomatic corps
  • Options
    Maher, Penn and Vedder NYE partying!!!
  • Options
    Foundation Ties Bedevil Hillary Clinton’s Presidential Campaign

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign-charity.html?referer=http://www.salon.com/2016/10/12/leaked-emails-lobbyist-warned-hillarys-campaign-chair-about-911-lawsuit-against-clinton-foundation-donor-saudi-arabia/

The kingdom of Saudi Arabia donated more than $10 million. Through a foundation, so did the son-in-law of a former Ukrainian president whose government was widely criticized for corruption and the murder of journalists. A Lebanese-Nigerian developer with vast business interests contributed as much as $5 million.

For years the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation thrived largely on the generosity of foreign donors and individuals who gave hundreds of millions of dollars to the global charity. But now, as Mrs. Clinton seeks the White House, the funding of the sprawling philanthropy has become an Achilles’ heel for her campaign and, if she is victorious, potentially her administration as well.

With Mrs. Clinton facing accusations of favoritism toward Clinton Foundation donors during her time as secretary of state, former President Bill Clinton told foundation employees on Thursday that the organization would no longer accept foreign or corporate donations should Mrs. Clinton win in November.

But while the move could avoid the awkwardness of Mr. Clinton jetting around the world asking for money while his wife is president, it did not resolve a more pressing question: how her administration would handle longtime donors seeking help from the United States, or whose interests might conflict with the country’s own.

The Clinton Foundation has accepted tens of millions of dollars from countries that the State Department — before, during and after Mrs. Clinton’s time as secretary — criticized for their records on sex discrimination and other human-rights issues. The countries include Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Brunei and Algeria.

Saudi Arabia has been a particularly generous benefactor. The kingdom gave between $10 million and $25 million to the Clinton Foundation. (Donations are typically reported in broad ranges, not specific amounts.) At least $1 million more was donated by Friends of Saudi Arabia, which was co-founded by a Saudi prince.

Saudi Arabia also presents Washington with a complex diplomatic relationship full of strain. The kingdom is viewed as a bulwark to deter Iranian adventurism across the region and has been a partner in the fight against terrorism across the Persian Gulf and wider Middle East.

At the same time, though, American officials have long worried about Saudi Arabia’s suspected role in promoting a hard-line strain of Islam, which has some adherents who have been linked to violence. Saudi officials deny any links to terrorism groups, but critics point to Saudi charities that fund organizations suspected of ties to militant cells.

Brian Fallon, a spokesman for the Clinton campaign, said the Clintons and the foundation had always been careful about donors. “The policies that governed the foundation’s activities during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state already went far beyond legal requirements,” he said in a statement, “and yet the foundation submitted to even more rigorous standards when Clinton declared her candidacy for president, and is pledging to go even further if she wins.”

...A Bloomberg poll in June showed that 72 percent of voters said it bothered them either a lot or a little that the Clinton Foundation took money from foreign countries while Mrs. Clinton was secretary of state. In a CNN/ORC International Poll the same month, 38 percent of voters said Mr. Clinton should completely step down from the foundation, while 60 percent said he should be able to continue working with the foundation if his wife became president. Mr. Clinton said Thursday he would leave the foundation’s board if Mrs. Clinton won.

Edward G. Rendell, a former Democratic governor of Pennsylvania, said the foundation should be disbanded if Mrs. Clinton wins, and he added that it would make sense for the charity to stop taking foreign donations immediately....

The Clinton Foundation has accepted tens of millions of dollars from countries that the State Department — before, during and after Mrs. Clinton’s time as secretary — criticized for their records on sex discrimination and other human-rights issues. The countries include Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Brunei and Algeria.
  • Options
    The foundation is different than the campaign.

Do you really not understand this?

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    But if we're talking Foundations funding campaigns, we're talking about the wrong one, since it's actually Trump who used his Foundation to fund his campaign.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Oh and George Soros is a US Citizen. Do you read or even think about the shit you post?
  • Options
    I'm starting to think that Free and JC are Gawdfather accounts

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,946
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Free said:

Kat said:

Class and love of country throughout. She would have made a great president.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/bill-and-hillary-clinton-will-attend-the-trump-inauguration.html?mid=msn-rss-dailyintelligencer

And I use the reusable mesh K-cup that lets me use any coffee I like with my Keurig. It's great...a fresh cup every cup. I guiltily admit to receiving some K-cups for Christmas though...Starbucks. I'm glad it's only 8 little cups in the pkg.

classy move for sure. I have serious doubts that Trump would have attended hers.
    Classy move? The Trumps and Clintons are good friends and all that crap you saw during the campaign was acting. Bad acting but still acting, just like when Hollywood stars fight on camera and then go for beers afterwards...same thing.
    yes, we are all aware of your conspiracy theories.
    :weary:

Crap was that from this week???
    jesus, no kidding. :weary:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I had no clue lil Joey Lieberman had a talk show. His daddy made a ton of money with his liquor store perched on the corner in the projects in Stamford.
    "ya got Grandpa Irving sittin behind the counter with a flippin Magnum in his hand." LMAO

see Pulp Fiction

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    the best exploiters eva
  • Options

Yeah because we're exposing your beloved, just lump us in with everyone else who doesn't agree w/ you. :weary:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I wonder who this is

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

And Tonifig too. Whatever happened to Tonifig? That crybaby hasn't been heard of since election day.
  • Options

And Tonifig too. Whatever happened to Tonifig? That crybaby hasn't been heard of since election day.
    Another one with nothing but deflection and finger pointing. Oh, yay. :joker:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Stop gossiping about other members.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,312
    Kat said:

These threads are heading for destruction much like a certain one on the porch the other day. Lots of traffic, but not much content.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Kat said:

Any plans this weekend, Kat?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

That's a silly retort.
    Can you prove dragons don't exist? MUAHAHAHA

That's the dumbest logic I've heard in a while
This discussion has been closed.