Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    msnbc just verified. it must be SOLID
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

Given what is learned from the emails leaked I can understand why people refer to cnn as Clinton news network.

It really is Clinton news network.

Once upon a time, journalists were supposed to be OBJECTIVE. They would get fired if they showed any personal bias. Because the media is now owned by six corporations, it is now expected that the journalists are subjective on behalf of the Corporation that owns it.
    Post edited by Free on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

Given what is learned from the emails leaked I can understand why people refer to cnn as Clinton news network.

Once upon a time, journalists were supposed to be OBJECTIVE. They would get fired if they showed any personal bias. Because the media is owned by six corporations, it is expected that the journalists are subjective on behalf of the Corporation that owns it.
    This is a fictional time. Review your history... Yellow journalism, Hearst, Pulitzer, Ben Franklin for chrissake. It is a myth. All these links that you post from alt news, etc., do you consider them objective?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,381
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Once upon a time, journalists were supposed to be OBJECTIVE. They would get fired if they showed any personal bias. Because the media is owned by six corporations, it is expected that the journalists are subjective on behalf of the Corporation that owns it.
    This is a fictional time. Review your history... Yellow journalism, Hearst, Pulitzer, Ben Franklin for chrissake. It is a myth. All these links that you post from alt news, etc., do you consider them objective?
    BBC news seems objective. They actually report global news!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Yeah, but I was talking about the US specifically. I hear you though.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,381
    mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Let s create an objective nationally news broadcast in the us!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Any good international source is more reliable than US news. Less bias, and you hear different information that you won't hear here merely because it's from a different, global perspective
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

That's pretty funny. Hadn't seen it before.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    but still
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It is funny, but mrussel is right.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

You guys can all call me Matt. I consider everyone a friend. I hate my handle. I didn't realize when I chose a username, that it would be the handle.
    mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

There have been some programs and anchors that met that bar. 60 Minutes from 30 years ago, Walter Cronkite during Nam, but news has always served a capitalistic purpose, ultimately.
    mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

There have been some programs and anchors that met that bar. 60 Minutes from 30 years ago, Walter Cronkite during Nam, but news has always served a capitalistic purpose, ultimately.
    No it hasn't. It was a public service then, unbiased, unowned, just the facts. Again,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pajKfN9VP8
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

No it hasn't. It was a public service then, unbiased, unowned, just the facts. Again,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pajKfN9VP8
    When is this period of which you speak? When did it start and when did it end?

Read about the Maine, the Mexican War and the role that newspapers played in getting into the wars with lies that benefited the owners.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I am posting this video just to show what level of insanity we might have reached.

https://youtu.be/wpTDozstgxw
  • BS44325 said:

I am posting this video just to show what level of insanity we might have reached.

What a fucking joke. Why would you even help propagate such bullshit?

Any dead pools on who's going to end up dead?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

Once upon a time, journalists were supposed to be OBJECTIVE. They would get fired if they showed any personal bias. Because the media is now owned by six corporations, it is now expected that the journalists are subjective on behalf of the Corporation that owns it.
    Which 6 corporations?

And can you please post believable, reliable, and verifiable links to back up your assertion?

Thanks
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,557
    edited October 2016
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

I can't find the sources I'm thinking of but that is my understanding- that news is far less objective today than once was. It's more show-biz that it was in the 50's through 70's, somewhat in the 80's. The stories are less thorough- mostly little bites of "news" I stopped watching it in preference for more broad reading- anything from BBC to Wall Street Journal to Huffington Post to Business Insider to Mother Jones to NPR... and it's still hard to know what to believe at times. Science and environmental news can be more accurate through more technical sources like realweather.org, NOAA etc.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited October 2016

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Which 6 corporations?

And can you please post believable, reliable, and verifiable links to back up your assertion?

Thanks

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Which 6 corporations?

Thanks
    This is been posted multiple times in the last eight months.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

http://investmentwatchblog.com/only-six-corporations-own-all-mainstream-media-in-the-united-states/

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=320&bih=460&q=who+owns+the+media+2016&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5yIDb1tfPAhXDVD4KHQTLCdgQ1QIIwAEoAA
    Post edited by Free on
    edited October 2016
    Clinton Foundation donors include dozens of media organizations, individuals

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/05/clinton-foundation-donors-include-dozens-of-media-organizations-individuals-207228#ixzz4MxqvgYGN
    NBC Universal, News Corporation, Turner Broadcasting and Thomson Reuters are among more than a dozen media organizations that have made charitable contributions to the Clinton Foundation in recent years, the foundation's records show.
    The donations, which range from the low-thousands to the millions, provide a picture of the media industry's ties to the Clinton Foundation at a time when one of its most notable personalities, George Stephanopoulos, is under scrutiny for not disclosing his own $75,000 contribution when reporting on the foundation.
    The list also includes mass media groups like Comcast, Time Warner and Viacom, as well a few notable individuals, including Carlos Slim, the Mexican telecom magnate and largest shareholder of The New York Times Company, and James Murdoch, the chief operating officer of 21st Century Fox. Both Slim and Murdoch have given between $1 million to $5 million, respectively.
    Judy Woodruff, the co-anchor and managing editor of PBS NewsHour, gave $250 to the foundation's “Clinton Haiti Relief Fund" in 2010.
    The following list includes news media organizations that have donated to the foundation, as well as other media networks, companies, foundations or individuals that have donated. It is organized by the size of the contribution:
    $1,000,000-$5,000,000
    Carlos Slim
    Chairman & CEO of Telmex, largest New York Times shareholder
    James Murdoch
    Chief Operating Officer of 21st Century Fox
    Newsmax Media
    Florida-based conservative media network
    Thomson Reuters
    Owner of the Reuters news service
    $500,000-$1,000,000
    Google
    News Corporation Foundation
    Philanthropic arm of former Fox News parent company
    $250,000-$500,000
    Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
    Publisher
    Richard Mellon Scaife
    Owner of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    $100,000-$250,000
    Abigail Disney
    Documentary filmmaker
    Bloomberg Philanthropies
    Howard Stringer
    Former CBS, CBS News and Sony executive
    Intermountain West Communications Company
    Local television affiliate owner (formerly Sunbelt Communications)
    $50,000-$100,000
    Bloomberg L.P.
    Discovery Communications Inc.
    George Stephanopoulos
    ABC News chief anchor and chief political correspondent
    Mort Zuckerman
    Owner of New York Daily News and U.S. News & World Report
    Time Warner Inc.
    Owner of CNN parent company Turner Broadcasting
    $25,000-$50,000
    AOL
    HBO
    Hollywood Foreign Press Association
    Presenters of the Golden Globe Awards
    Viacom
    $10,000-$25,000
    Knight Foundation
    Non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting journalism
    Public Radio International
    Turner Broadcasting
    Parent company of CNN
    Twitter
    $5,000-$10,000
    Comcast
    Parent copmany of NBCUniversal
    NBC Universal
    Parent company of NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC
    Public Broadcasting Service
    $1,000-$5,000
    Robert Allbritton
    Owner of POLITICO
    $250-$1,000
    AOL Huffington Post Media Group
    Hearst Corporation
    Judy Woodruff
    PBS Newshour co-anchor and managing editor
    The Washington Post Company

Post edited by Free on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

You guys can all call me Matt. I consider everyone a friend. I hate my handle. I didn't realize when I chose a username, that it would be the handle.
    Nice to meet you Matt!
    I'm Levi, rgambs is my wife, rebecca, who goes by becca lol
    She's the 10club member and I just took over the account for posting here, don't care for my handle either, I want a clever PJ lyric name!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Free said:

Clinton Foundation donors include dozens of media organizations, individuals

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/05/clinton-foundation-donors-include-dozens-of-media-organizations-individuals-207228#ixzz4MxqvgYGN

NBC Universal, News Corporation, Turner Broadcasting and Thomson Reuters are among more than a dozen media organizations that have made charitable contributions to the Clinton Foundation in recent years, the foundation's records show.
    The donations, which range from the low-thousands to the millions, provide a picture of the media industry's ties to the Clinton Foundation at a time when one of its most notable personalities, George Stephanopoulos, is under scrutiny for not disclosing his own $75,000 contribution when reporting on the foundation.
    The list also includes mass media groups like Comcast, Time Warner and Viacom, as well a few notable individuals, including Carlos Slim, the Mexican telecom magnate and largest shareholder of The New York Times Company, and James Murdoch, the chief operating officer of 21st Century Fox. Both Slim and Murdoch have given between $1 million to $5 million, respectively.
    Judy Woodruff, the co-anchor and managing editor of PBS NewsHour, gave $250 to the foundation's “Clinton Haiti Relief Fund" in 2010.
    The following list includes news media organizations that have donated to the foundation, as well as other media networks, companies, foundations or individuals that have donated. It is organized by the size of the contribution:
    $1,000,000-$5,000,000
    Carlos Slim
    Chairman & CEO of Telmex, largest New York Times shareholder
    James Murdoch
    Chief Operating Officer of 21st Century Fox
    Newsmax Media
    Florida-based conservative media network
    Thomson Reuters
    Owner of the Reuters news service
    $500,000-$1,000,000
    Google
    News Corporation Foundation
    Philanthropic arm of former Fox News parent company
    $250,000-$500,000
    Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
    Publisher
    Richard Mellon Scaife
    Owner of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    $100,000-$250,000
    Abigail Disney
    Documentary filmmaker
    Bloomberg Philanthropies
    Howard Stringer
    Former CBS, CBS News and Sony executive
    Intermountain West Communications Company
    Local television affiliate owner (formerly Sunbelt Communications)
    $50,000-$100,000
    Bloomberg L.P.
    Discovery Communications Inc.
    George Stephanopoulos
    ABC News chief anchor and chief political correspondent
    Mort Zuckerman
    Owner of New York Daily News and U.S. News & World Report
    Time Warner Inc.
    Owner of CNN parent company Turner Broadcasting
    $25,000-$50,000
    AOL
    HBO
    Hollywood Foreign Press Association
    Presenters of the Golden Globe Awards
    Viacom
    $10,000-$25,000
    Knight Foundation
    Non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting journalism
    Public Radio International
    Turner Broadcasting
    Parent company of CNN
    Twitter
    $5,000-$10,000
    Comcast
    Parent copmany of NBCUniversal
    NBC Universal
    Parent company of NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC
    Public Broadcasting Service
    $1,000-$5,000
    Robert Allbritton
    Owner of POLITICO
    $250-$1,000
    AOL Huffington Post Media Group
    Hearst Corporation
    Judy Woodruff
    PBS Newshour co-anchor and managing editor
    The Washington Post Company

Corporations are people, my friends.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    According to this gem Trump and Hilary are two peas from the same pod...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/washington-elector-hillary-clinton-rejection-229647
    Free said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Which 6 corporations?

Thanks

Free said:

JC29856 said:

Which 6 corporations?

Thanks
    This is been posted multiple times in the last eight months.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

http://investmentwatchblog.com/only-six-corporations-own-all-mainstream-media-in-the-united-states/

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&biw=320&bih=460&q=who+owns+the+media+2016&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5yIDb1tfPAhXDVD4KHQTLCdgQ1QIIwAEoAA
    Hey Free,

I just want to make sure my point is clear on this. I agree with you on several points. The television media has been consolidated to the major corps as you say. Old style print media has been consolidated too, not as narrowly but the days of newspapers all being indy are over. Fortunately there are many alternative sources today to fit anyone's preference, style or bias. The common person, however, is getting their info from these big media sources. This means most people get their news from these six sources as you rightly point out.. But I'm not sure how different that is from the 60's into the 90's. During those times, people read their local paper and watched one of the two 30 minute nightly newscasts. So that was a pretty limited source as well.

My point or counter to your point is that, although your statement about ownership is correct, I take issue with the statement that they were objective. With the exception of PBS historically (many say they are left wing shills), the media is profit motivated and have always served the profit motives of their most senior ownership. That's not new or different. Today that's a muti-national corp, in the past it was a smaller corp or individual owner, but still with the same purpose.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,476
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

email the mods and they can change it for you.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016

BS44325 said:

What a fucking joke. Why would you even help propagate such bullshit?

Any dead pools on who's going to end up dead?
    i came here to see if anyone saw this from Anonymous....shit is getting ugly
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    Yesterday Rush Limbaugh posted a video that was supposed to be Obama walking around a plane with a big boner.

The video had apparently circulated among the alt right 8 years ago but I don't remember seeing it. It was an obviously doctored video. Pretty ridiculous.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/hillary-clinton-for-president/2016/10/12/665f9698-8caf-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?utm_term=.29e777f4734b&wpisrc=nl_most-draw10&wpmm=1

Maybe they endorsed her two, five, ten, fifteen, twenty, thirty or forty years ago but who cares? She's got my vote, one step away from world domination (insert evil devil cackle laugh here).

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.