The Sonics Live @ Easy Street w/Eddie Vedder Record Store Day. Available today!

Comments

• Nirvana wouldn't do Louie because it was played out...

I don't think so.
    Correct me if I'm wrong then.
    Black flag and every other DC band was playing it.
    I guess I can't say for sure, but Kurt went out of his way to write on their demo that they sent to record companies "you will never hear us play Louie Louie". unless that was one of his ironic lies. I don't know. I took it literally.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,561
    Bump! We'll hopefully know how many copies have been pressed for RSD this afternoon. Official RSD '16 will be posted.
    edited March 2016

recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8448

RECORD STORE DAY 2016 > The Sonics - Live at Easy Street

The Sonics
    Live at Easy Street

DETAILS
    Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2016
    Release Date: 4/16/2016
    Format: LP
    Label: ReVox
    Catalog: RVX-LP-002
    Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
    MORE INFO

The Sonics are revered by garage rock fans worldwide, but they have always carried a little more weight in the Pacific Northwest. They are to Washington what Springsteen is to Jersey. So in early 2015 when the band dropped their first new record in 50 years, Easy Street Records in Seattle was their destination to celebrate Record Store Day with friends and fans. Performing to a standing room only crowd on RSD 2015, recorded by KEXP, and mixed and mastered by the great Jack Endino, the band ferociously tore through the night joined by a stream of luminaries paying respects to the kings of the Northwest. “Live at Easy Street" is what that evening sounded like. Now, celebrate Record Store 2016, because THIS IS THE SONICS. Limited to 3500 copies.

Side 1
    Cinderella
    Money
    Boss Hoss
    Keep a Knockin’
    You’ve Got Your Head On Backwards
    Bad Betty
    Louie Louie

Side 2
    He’s Waitin’
    Have Love Will Travel
    Leaving Here
    The Hard Way
    Psycho
    The Witch
    I Don’t Need No Doctor
    http://www.bullmoose.com/p/22242968/the-sonics-live-at-easy-street

REVOX/VIRTUAL 0000002
    UPC: 881626993514
    $16.97
    38% of goal with 45 day's left.
    49 left!
    http://www.recordstoredaycanada.com/

Will be available here in Canadian ma & pa record stores on RSD.

The Sonics
    Live At Easy Street (RSD)
    Format: LP
    39% of goal. 31 days left

47 copies left.

26 day's left!

• My big head is just above the TH on the album cover. That is reason alone everyone should buy a copy! It was a magical night, looking forward to reliving the experience on Vinyl.

My big head is just above the TH on the album cover. That is reason alone everyone should buy a copy! It was a magical night, looking forward to reliving the experience on Vinyl.

Awesome!! I hope this gets fully funded. I won't be able to find a copy here in Canada.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    demetrios said:

My big head is just above the TH on the album cover. That is reason alone everyone should buy a copy! It was a magical night, looking forward to reliving the experience on Vinyl.

Awesome!! I hope this gets fully funded. I won't be able to find a copy here in Canada.
    I thought it was coming out for RSD Canada? (allthough that doesn't mean the local record store will no to order it).
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

I thought it was coming out for RSD Canada? (allthough that doesn't mean the local record store will no to order it).
    I see it listed over @ http://www.recordstoredaycanada.com/ . But I highly doubt it will be available here on the Atlantic. I've asked my local Taz Records if all 4 of the Pearl Jam related RSD releases can be placed. He said all 4 choices were put in. Just have to wait & see if they will make it. Online RSD shopping will only be the best way to score a copy.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

I see it listed over @ http://www.recordstoredaycanada.com/ . But I highly doubt it will be available here on the Atlantic. I've asked my local Taz Records if all 4 of the Pearl Jam related RSD releases can be placed. He said all 4 choices were put in. Just have to wait & see if they will make it. Online RSD shopping will only be the best way to score a copy.
    I've thought about doing the preorder from this thread. Here in Victoria we really only have one store that does RSD properly (Ditch Records). Even though the RSD website lists 4 or 5 stores here, it's just the one that actually brings in most of the releases. The problem is even if I get there at 6:30am there's already 30 to 50 people in front of me. So much easier paying more and finding them online. The last few RSD's have been low on stock, US only etc...
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

I've thought about doing the preorder from this thread. Here in Victoria we really only have one store that does RSD properly (Ditch Records). Even though the RSD website lists 4 or 5 stores here, it's just the one that actually brings in most of the releases. The problem is even if I get there at 6:30am there's already 30 to 50 people in front of me. So much easier paying more and finding them online. The last few RSD's have been low on stock, US only etc...
    Oh it is much more easier. Plus you can find it sometimes cheaper online then at the record store. The year Brad released their 7" single on RSD, my local record store was selling them for $13.99 CDN (excluding taxes) each. I was able to pick one up online for $7.99 + $3 postage .. CDN. These four Pearl Jam related RSD releases I will be picking up online. Not waiting in line this year. Last RSD I waited in line & got bubkiss going in, again. They only had 5 copies of something I wanted but sold out, and I was 10th in line.
    thesonicsboom - The Sonics' live album release date 4/16/16 Check out the lineup on this record! #pearljam #eddievedder #soundgarden #benshepherd #presidentsoftheunitedstatesofamerica #chrisballew #screamingtrees #vanconner #markpickerel #rodmoody #jasonkertson #andyparypa #easystreetrecords #kexp #seattle #pnw

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thesonics/updates/67554

Signing Vinyl!

Here’s a shot of Dusty and Rob signing vinyl copies of ‘Live at Easy Street’ (RSD release) on the tour bus. Limited copies are still available, so grab yours now! More info HERE. http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thesonics/items/166683

60% of goal.11 days left.
    6 days left!
    http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=41069
    £18.99

the sonics
    Live At Easy Street
    Re:Vox

record store day exclusive 2016 - LP
    Released: 16th Apr 2016

available in store only Saturday april 16th 2016
    this is a record store day 2016 release. Stock will be available in store on a 1st come 1st served basis, strictly 1 per customer. Any remaining stock will be made available online at 12.00am Saturday 23rd april.
    edited April 2016
    http://blog.kexp.org/2016/04/11/record-store-day-2016-kexp-exclusive-releases/

Record Store Day 2016: KEXP Exclusive Releases
    By KEXP | Published: April 11, 2016

KEXP DJ Kevin Cole and Matt Vaughan of Easy Street Records

It’s the most wonderful time of the year… for a music lover. This Saturday, April 16th is the ninth annual Record Store Day, a celebration of independent music stores around the globe. It also happens to be the day of KEXP’s New Home Grand Opening celebration! Our event doesn’t start until noon, so you have all morning to line up outside Seattle’s finest record stores. But once you arrive at Seattle Center, you’ll get another chance to hunt down some of those RSD exclusives, because KEXP is partnering with Easy Street Records for a special pop-up shop at our New Home!

“You can’t open on Record Store Day and not have records to buy,” says Easy Street owner Matt Vaughan. Stocked with an assortment of RSD exclusives plus new and old titles, the Easy Street pop-up will be open Saturday, April 16th from noon to 9:00 PM, and Sunday, April 17th from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

Not only that, but KEXP is releasing TWO exclusive live records for Record Store Day this year. Last year, on August 23rd, Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Duff McKagan (Guns n Roses), Mark Arm (Mudhoney), and Barrett Martin (Screaming Trees) braved the heights of the historic Pike Place Market to perform the songs of Iggy & the Stooges from the rooftop to a crowd of thousands in the streets below. This once-in-a-lifetime Raw Power KEXP performance has been committed to vinyl by Monkeywrench Records. Only 2500 copies will be available this Saturday, and proceeds from the sale of the vinyl record will benefit KEXP Radio. Watch below:

We’ll also be releasing another vinyl-only LP featuring beloved garage-rock pioneers The Sonics! On April 18th, 2015, the band celebrated the release of their first new album in 48 years, This Is The Sonics, with a special performance for KEXP from Easy Street Records. This exclusive release was mixed and mastered by the great Jack Endino, and is limited to only 3500 copies via ReVox Records.

Both these releases will be available at KEXP’s New Home Grand Opening, alongside our previous Record Store Day LPs. There will be limited quantities of Shabazz Palaces’ Live at KEXP EP (2012) and On Top: KEXP Presents Mudhoney Live on Top of the Space Needle (2014), both of which are out-of-print and highly collectible. For complete details on KEXP’s New Home Grand Opening, click here.
    Post edited by demetrios on
    3 day's left. 38 copies left.
    Published on Apr 13, 2016

http://KEXP.ORG presents The Sonics performing live in the KEXP studio. Recorded April 18, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFolqS24Y6U