The Sonics Live @ Easy Street w/Eddie Vedder Record Store Day. Available today!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,560
    168 left!
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    I'm sure these will be much cheaper on RSD.
    kramer73 said:

Any word what the edition run of these will be? Got a feeling these won't be available in stores outside the USA on Record Store Day this April, well, especially here in Canada.

Kinda hoping we have a choice of digital download formats. Would love this in Flac.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

Any word what the edition run of these will be? Got a feeling these won't be available in stores outside the USA on Record Store Day this April, well, especially here in Canada.

Kinda hoping we have a choice of digital download formats. Would love this in Flac.
    yah, it's expensive, but quite often there's cool items that don't make to RSD Canada (usually one of the ones I want the most). $80 is alot for a vinyl, but I'd rather do that than try to buy one from fleabay after rsd.....
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

yah, it's expensive, but quite often there's cool items that don't make to RSD Canada (usually one of the ones I want the most). $80 is alot for a vinyl, but I'd rather do that than try to buy one from fleabay after rsd.....
    Same here. With the CDN currency, shipping & time while these copies won't arrive up here in Canada, signed .. it's a sweet deal.
  • You guys almost had me on this one- was about to enter my credit card info last night when I suddenly realized "wait, who the hell are the sonics? Do I care at all? Would I buy this record normally outside of this situation? And finally, is $50 for a record I will never play (or even open because it's signed) worth it?

The answers were, respectively
    -No idea!
    -no!
    -definitely not!
    -no.

So I'm saving the cash for something equally as useless I'm sure!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • kramer73 said:

There is also the possibility it could be a RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus Release.
  • You guys almost had me on this one- was about to enter my credit card info last night when I suddenly realized "wait, who the hell are the sonics? Do I care at all? Would I buy this record normally outside of this situation? And finally, is $50 for a record I will never play (or even open because it's signed) worth it?

-No idea!
    -no!
    -definitely not!
    -no.

The Sonics are an American garage rock band from Tacoma, Washington, originating in the early 1960s.[1] Among the Sonics' contemporaries were the Kingsmen, the Wailers, the Dynamics, the Regents, and Paul Revere & the Raiders. Their aggressive, hard-edged sound has been a major influence on punk, garage, and hard rock music worldwide, and they have been named as inspirations to Nirvana, Bruce Springsteen, the Fall, and other major artists.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    demetrios said:

kramer73 said:

Not sure. The last I checked, it hasn't even been listed yet. However, the list isn't out until next month (yes, some or most of the list has leaked).

-No idea!
    -no!
    -definitely not!
    -no.

The Sonics are an American garage rock band from Tacoma, Washington, originating in the early 1960s.[1] Among the Sonics' contemporaries were the Kingsmen, the Wailers, the Dynamics, the Regents, and Paul Revere & the Raiders. Their aggressive, hard-edged sound has been a major influence on punk, garage, and hard rock music worldwide, and they have been named as inspirations to Nirvana, Bruce Springsteen, the Fall, and other major artists.
    Right on- yeah I watched the video back when Ed performed with them. They're good and it's a unique setting/album for sure, I just never listened to them and I'm just finally admitting that the merch/vinyl addiction is majorly due to my visiting this forum.

I sadly need to join vinyl anonymous I think
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

-No idea!
    -no!
    -definitely not!
    -no.

it's funny that Nirvana stated in their demo tape letters that you would "never hear them play Louie Louie", and yet here is one of their "inspirations" doing just that! :lol:
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Nirvana wouldn't do Louie because it was played out...

I don't think so.

www.headstonesband.com

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535

You guys almost had me on this one- was about to enter my credit card info last night when I suddenly realized "wait, who the hell are the sonics? Do I care at all? Would I buy this record normally outside of this situation? And finally, is $50 for a record I will never play (or even open because it's signed) worth it?

-No idea!
    -no!
    -definitely not!
    -no.

Right on- yeah I watched the video back when Ed performed with them. They're good and it's a unique setting/album for sure, I just never listened to them and I'm just finally admitting that the merch/vinyl addiction is majorly due to my visiting this forum.

I sadly need to join vinyl anonymous I think
    I started to feel like I got caught up on vinyl again. I don't buy everything on vinyl but I try to buy my favourite albums on vinyl, and I'll buy anything related to most of the big seattle bands of the 90s. Those first few years of the vinyl resurgence they were re-releaseing (or first releasing) lots of stuff from the 90's I could never find locally back in the day. I did alot of collecting that I meant to do back then. Between what I bought in the 90s and the re-releases I have most of the 90's stuff I want. So now it's me just buying the odd vinyl here or there. Still waiting for a Louder than Love re-release.....
    *update ..

47 left

SHIPS AFTER RECORD STORE DAY 4/16/16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    $60, holy smokes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    edited February 2016
    Too much for a song,I'm Canadian after all....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• RobbyD462 said:

Too much for a song,I'm Canadian after all....

hear hear.

www.headstonesband.com

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    Not going to pull the trigger on this one, but love these Pledgemusic, Kickstarter etc... style websites, makes getting signed stuff easier and likely more affordable.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Anyone know how many 7" Mudhoney/The sonics were available?

Anyone know how many 7" Mudhoney/The sonics were available?

I believe all they had was one. After I placed my order on the Live At Easy Street vinyl I went back to the page and saw that The Sonics/Mudhoney 7" Split Single (Signed) was gone. Note that on the http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thesonics/pledgers page it show's the names from first to last who made the pledge.

I don't think so.
    Correct me if I'm wrong then.
    Black flag and every other DC band was playing it.
    34 'Live at Easy Street' RSD release on Vinyl (Signed) left.

23% of goal
    58 days left
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551
    demetrios said:

34 'Live at Easy Street' RSD release on Vinyl (Signed) left.

23% of goal
    58 days left

I ordered one last night
    Bump!
    Leaving Here is track 3 on side 2 .. bump! :)
    13 left.
    55 more copies have been added. http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thesonics
    37% with 48 day's left. Slowing climbing it's way to 100%.
    Hope it get's there.
    They added this ..

Signed Set List + AccessPass
    50 left
    Signed Set List
    $81. $108 CAD (approx.)
    Pre-Order Now

One from each of the upcoming tour dates.