Options

The Echoes Of Ahmed's Clock In Muslim History

Comments

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I personally disagree with this. His dad was a known race baiter. He has had multiple incidents where he claimed racism for being Muslim.

I feel he knew exactly how everyone would react to a suitcase "clock" that resembles a suicide bomb more than anything else at all.

I agree he should have been prosecuted to the fullest extent. If the situation were reversed and he did actually bring a bomb, but nothing was done, then the school would have been ridiculed and berated to death over why they didn't do something to stop the situation.

So again, the kid being arrested I fully agree with. They should have brought in the whole family and had homeland security question and interrogate them all. Maybe some torture. Just to get to the root of the problem

Seriously?

Jesus.

I think it is official now, JAG is a troll here with the purpose of riling us.
    There is no way that is not the case. I wish we could collectively "block" this child, I fear someone with real and valued input (myself included) will be banned for responding to this bridge-dweller.
    Invisible ;)
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

I love how every time I disagree I'm called a troll. A troll is someone who posts stuff just for attention.

I don't. I simply post how I feel, and since everyone seems to disagree, I'm called that. I am not. That's just your defense mechanisms kicking in to comfort you since you can't grasp my feelings on things.

And when I'm not being called a troll, I'm told "how Christian" is that all you can say? Am I that correct that you have zero to argue against what I said? It's just another direct insult to me and my religion. You guys love minimizing my lord and savior when you wouldn't even exist if he didn't create you.

And Google about his dad. The info is out there. I've seen it. 8 or 9 different cases of the stuff.

Wasn't the school right to question this over safety? Does it not look like a suitcase bomb? It DOES. That's why everyone's talking about it.

Some people just need to wake up and smell the coffee. The world is so different from what you guys try and portray it to be. When I prove how I am right and you're wrong about stuff, the thread either gets flagged and locked or dropped. That's fine too, makes me feel like I'm winning the battle.

You are repeatedly come on here and make, what to some people, are outrageous claims and charges. Yet when asked to provide reliable and believable evidence (links) of your claims you never respond except to say that people are bullying you and your savior.

If you want people to believe what you say please stop playing the victim and respond politely with believable links to prove your points. Then maybe people will start responding more positively to your posts.

Namaste
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I didn't realize your $20 membership was more important than mine. Don't worry, I've been bullied, attacked, my religion shit on, and I've yet to flag anything. So feel free to rip me apart, everyone else does and doesn't get in trouble. Seems like the fun new game. Give it a spin.

You just might get that dopamine hit your body craves.

Actually, I found the "torture them" comment to be utterly disgusting. Revolting. Has nothing to do with (your) religion but with mindset.

Do you happen to have a link to the dad's race-baiting claim that was made earlier, or no?

(I hope this doesn't come across as a "rip"; thought I've been civil here but who knows how shit is perceived)

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I personally disagree with this. His dad was a known race baiter. He has had multiple incidents where he claimed racism for being Muslim.

I feel he knew exactly how everyone would react to a suitcase "clock" that resembles a suicide bomb more than anything else at all.

I agree he should have been prosecuted to the fullest extent. If the situation were reversed and he did actually bring a bomb, but nothing was done, then the school would have been ridiculed and berated to death over why they didn't do something to stop the situation.

So again, the kid being arrested I fully agree with. They should have brought in the whole family and had homeland security question and interrogate them all. Maybe some torture. Just to get to the root of the problem

Seriously?

Jesus.

There is no way that is not the case. I wish we could collectively "block" this child, I fear someone with real and valued input (myself included) will be banned for responding to this bridge-dweller.
    I didn't realize your $20 membership was more important than mine. Don't worry, I've been bullied, attacked, my religion shit on, and I've yet to flag anything. So feel free to rip me apart, everyone else does and doesn't get in trouble. Seems like the fun new game. Give it a spin.

Really? Then who flagged my comment about you being weird? (Just asking a question Kat, NOT calling her weird again)? Because I've been around for a long time and know just about everyone who posts on amt. I don't get along with them all but I'm positive the ones I don't would never flag anything I post.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    If I could send a group message right now, I think you can all guess what I'd be telling you....
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited September 2015
    badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Really? Then who flagged my comment about you being weird? (Just asking a question Kat, NOT calling her weird again)? Because I've been around for a long time and know just about everyone who posts on amt. I don't get along with them all but I'm positive the ones I don't would never flag anything I post.
    Oh so now I'm accused of that? I didn't flag a single thing. Weren't you flagged over the photo? And since you bring that up, I didn't even know you were flagged for personally attacking me. But if you didn't, you wouldn't worry about who was flagging what. Right?

It's your own fault that happened for using dead children's photos for your own personal gain.

With that said, I didn't flag your photo or anything else for that matter. I was nowhere near that thread, because I didn't want to be fasley accused of something, yet here it is. Maybe you don't know the people here as well as you think you do. Or maybe it wasn't flagged at all, but you were in trouble for a personal attack?

I don't need links to back up how I feel about things. Google is out there. I saw the info about the dad on a news article. I didn't just make the shit up.

You accuse me of never answering questions, but who's answered mine?? What and how was the school supposed to react to ANYONE (regardless of race) bringing an item that looks like a bomb? That's why this is being diacussed. Not because he brought an item that looked like an fm am radio. It's a briefcase with wires hanging out in the same way a bomb is. What's wrong with the precautions?

And many many many Muslims were tortured under the patriot act in the name of freedom. They were tortured for intelligence on terrorist attacks. A child bringing a device that resembles a bomb should call for the same type of investigation as other potential terrorists, no? Maybe tourting is unchristian, which is why I don't do it. But I'm not against it, for freedom. Maybe they need to get the truth out, how ever necessary, throuhh torture or investigation, who cares? We don't care when it happens at Guantanamo bay. Why should we care if it happens In A school?
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Oh so now I'm accused of that? I didn't flag a single thing.

It's your own fault that happened for using dead children's photos for your own personal gain.
    With that said, I didn't flag your photo or anything else for that matter. I was nowhere near that thread, because I didn't want to be fasley accused of something, yet here it is.

I don't need links to back up how I feel about things. Google is out there. I saw the info about the dad on a news article. I didn't just make the shit up.

You accuse me of never answering questions, but who's answered mine?? What and how was the school supposed to react to ANYONE (regardless of race) bringing an item that looks like a bomb? That's why this is being diacussed. Not because he brought an item that looked like an fm am radio. It's a briefcase with wires hanging out in the same way a bomb is. What's wrong with the precautions?

And many many many Muslims were tortured under the patriot act in the name of freedom. They were tortured for intelligence on terrorist attacks. A child bringing a device that resembles a bomb should call for the same type of investigation as other potential terrorists, no? Maybe tourting is unchristian, which is why I don't do it. But I'm not against it, for freedom. Maybe they need to get the truth out, how ever necessary, brought torture or investigation, who cares? We don't care when it happened at Guantanamo bay. Why should we care if it happens In A school?

Seriously?
    You agree that torture is unchristian
    You say you don't do it
    But you're not against it
    Seriously?

Sometimes you just have to ask yourself...

What Would Jesus Do
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Actually, I found the "torture them" comment to be utterly disgusting. Revolting. Has nothing to do with (your) religion but with mindset.

Do you happen to have a link to the dad's race-baiting claim that was made earlier, or no?

(I hope this doesn't come across as a "rip"; thought I've been civil here but who knows how shit is perceived)

http://www.youngcons.com/ahmed-mohameds-father-battled-against-florida-koran-burner-ran-for-president-twice-in-sudan/

Not helping the cause but something I found because I was curious. Read for yourselves.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited September 2015

I saw the clock on a news site.....hell yes it looked like a bomb if indeed it was the clock this "poor young man" made.

Godfather.

Yes if I was a teacher would of been concerned. Am leaning more that kid wasn't very swift. Maybe book smart but not street smart. Over acting by school and cops, probably. Cop that made snide remark........
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

hedonist said:

http://www.youngcons.com/ahmed-mohameds-father-battled-against-florida-koran-burner-ran-for-president-twice-in-sudan/

Not helping the cause but something I found because I was curious. Read for yourselves.
    Exactly. Get informed.

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

With that said, I didn't flag your photo or anything else for that matter. I was nowhere near that thread, because I didn't want to be fasley accused of something, yet here it is.

And many many many Muslims were tortured under the patriot act in the name of freedom. They were tortured for intelligence on terrorist attacks. A child bringing a device that resembles a bomb should call for the same type of investigation as other potential terrorists, no? Maybe tourting is unchristian, which is why I don't do it. But I'm not against it, for freedom. Maybe they need to get the truth out, how ever necessary, brought torture or investigation, who cares? We don't care when it happened at Guantanamo bay. Why should we care if it happens In A school?

Seriously?
    You say you don't do it
    Seriously?

What Would Jesus Do
    Yet another post doing nothing but insulting me and my religion. Hard to argue when I am right, right?

I plan to quote every post from here on out that's mocking my beliefs and religion. Maybe then something can get done about it. I guarantee I say one thing to attack someone and I'm gone. Yet I'm slandered every single day. Pretty unfair
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Exactly. I can't think of anything anyone could write that would make me wasn't to flag something. Add it's great to have strong opinionated people but realize it's not personal. Ever. For me anyway.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited September 2015

hedonist said:

Exactly. Get informed.

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Seriously?
    You say you don't do it
    Seriously?

What Would Jesus Do
    Yet another post doing nothing but insulting me and my religion. Hard to argue when I am right, right?

I plan to quote every post from here on out that's mocking my beliefs and religion. Maybe then something can get done about it. I guarantee I say one thing to attack someone and I'm gone. Yet I'm slandered every single day. Pretty unfair
    Please explain how my post was insulting to you and your religion?
    All I did was point out the irony.

Any post that disagrees with you or points out that you are wrong is neither bullying nor mocking of you and your religion.

And you were not slandered.

Shalom Alechem
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

Thanks, tempo. As I mentioned earlier, I "tried to get informed" Googled but was unable to find anything. Does the way this is written seem biased at all? I mean, I just didn't find anything race-baiting-related. Seems like the father's quite an alright guy.

What am I missing?

I'm open.
  • Options

hedonist said:

Exactly. Get informed.

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Seriously?
    You say you don't do it
    Seriously?

What Would Jesus Do

Any post that disagrees with you or points out that you are wrong is neither bullying nor mocking of you and your religion.

Shalom Alechem
    How? By saying things in a mocking condescending tone to me, then asking what would Jesus do. Not because you care, but as an insult to my religion you obviously don't agree with. It was said in a snide and sarcastic manner. I've asked repeatedly for people not to do this and it's like fuel for you guys to do it more.
  • Options

hedonist said:

Exactly. Get informed.

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Seriously?
    You say you don't do it
    Seriously?

What Would Jesus Do

Shalom Alechem
    That's her way of "not" flagging. She makes a big deal out of it and the mods see it and bang, you're flagged.
  • Options

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Oh so now I'm accused of that? I didn't flag a single thing. Weren't you flagged over the photo? And since you bring that up, I didn't even know you were flagged for personally attacking me. But if you didn't, you wouldn't worry about who was flagging what. Right?

With that said, I didn't flag your photo or anything else for that matter. I was nowhere near that thread, because I didn't want to be fasley accused of something, yet here it is. Maybe you don't know the people here as well as you think you do. Or maybe it wasn't flagged at all, but you were in trouble for a personal attack?

And many many many Muslims were tortured under the patriot act in the name of freedom. They were tortured for intelligence on terrorist attacks. A child bringing a device that resembles a bomb should call for the same type of investigation as other potential terrorists, no? Maybe tourting is unchristian, which is why I don't do it. But I'm not against it, for freedom. Maybe they need to get the truth out, how ever necessary, throuhh torture or investigation, who cares? We don't care when it happens at Guantanamo bay. Why should we care if it happens In A school?
    And the illuminati?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?
    Pathetic. You accuse me, yet when I tell you you're dead wrong, instead of admitting fault, or, trying to clear the air, you insult me.

And you wonder why people (that aren't me) flagged you
  • Options
    Tempo thanks for providing additional "Information".

Now let's see if his invitation to WH stands. FBI will check it out.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

hedonist said:

Exactly. Get informed.

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

Seriously?
    You say you don't do it
    Seriously?

What Would Jesus Do

Shalom Alechem
    How? By saying things in a mocking condescending tone to me, then asking what would Jesus do. Not because you care, but as an insult to my religion you obviously don't agree with. It was said in a snide and sarcastic manner. I've asked repeatedly for people not to do this and it's like fuel for you guys to do it more.
    You are clearly a sad and angry person who is always on the defensive. Even when there is no need to be. I do honestly feel sorry for you.

Take a deep breath
    Count to 10
    Go outside and enjoy the day
    Smile at a stranger
    Pet a dog

Shalom alechem
  • Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?
    Pathetic. You accuse me, yet when I tell you you're dead wrong, instead of admitting fault, or, trying to clear the air, you insult me.

Wait, WHAT? Are you calling me pathetic? Might have to flag that personal comment.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?

Wait, WHAT? Are you calling me pathetic? Might have to flag that personal comment.
    Not you. What you're resorting to is pathetic.

You say I did something that I didn't. When I call it out that you're dead wrong, you insult me. That is what I said was pathetic. Can't even give credit for being wrong about it. Just more insults.

Is here where I throw in a remark about your religion in a snide and condensing matter? That's usually where they are in the posts directed at me

• Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?

You say I did something that I didn't. When I call it out that you're dead wrong, you insult me. That is what I said was pathetic. Can't even give credit for being wrong about it. Just more insults.

Is here where I throw in a remark about your religion in a snide and condensing matter? That's usually where they are in the posts directed at me

You already have, a few times.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Thanks, tempo. As I mentioned earlier, I "tried to get informed" Googled but was unable to find anything. Does the way this is written seem biased at all? I mean, I just didn't find anything race-baiting-related. Seems like the father's quite an alright guy.

What am I missing?

I'm open.
    I didn't find anything disturbing about the article either. The family does have a "past" of being in the news though.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?

WHERE????? I beg you to show me where I've attacked people's religions. Go ahead, I'll wait. I know I have not. Again good try tho!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?

WHERE????? I beg you to show me where I've attacked people's religions. Go ahead, I'll wait. I know I have not. Again good try tho!
    Sorry. I took your "beat them back" the wrong way in the refugee thread.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?

Sorry. I took your "beat them back" the wrong way in the refugee thread.
    Cool. No hard feelings man. I'm open to discussing things but wish the religious insults would quit. When I first started posting here today I shared an opinion. Not started fights. It's others who then turn it that way

Glad to see someone posted a link. That's what I referenced. It almost fees like a ploy by the dad. Like "watch this, these Christians will shit a brick" I don't know this but seems plausible based on previous incidents.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?
    JAG, please answer the following:

What is it about the father that has you asking us to google because "it's" out there? What? That he sold hot dogs in NYC? He owned a cab company and sold it to yellow cab? He's got 6 kids? That he ran for president of Sudan? Twice? Or is it because he took on the cult of Koran burners in FL in their mock trial?

How many "bombs" have you personally seen?

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your support of torture and your complaining about your religion being "attacked?" Is torture a Christian virtue?

Does this mean BB can never be president or did Obama break the mold and open the door for Muslims to be president?

I'll respectfully wait for your answers. Thank you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

The vast majority of posters here DO care about torture, wherever it happens.
    Torture is wrong, it is a simple ethical issue that should transend the followers of one God or another.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

Seriously?

Jesus.

And the illuminati?
    JAG, please answer the following:

What is it about the father that has you asking us to google because "it's" out there? What? That he sold hot dogs in NYC? He owned a cab company and sold it to yellow cab? He's got 6 kids? That he ran for president of Sudan? Twice? Or is it because he took on the cult of Koran burners in FL in their mock trial?

How many "bombs" have you personally seen?

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your support of torture and your complaining about your religion being "attacked?" Is torture a Christian virtue?

Does this mean BB can never be president or did Obama break the mold and open the door for Muslims to be president?

I'll respectfully wait for your answers. Thank you.
    Even though your post is dripping with sarcasm, here are my answers for your entertainment.

The father - has had 8-9 other incidents of claiming to be victimized due to race/religion. So it seems this is yet another one of those situations (did the parents not see the bomb looking clock the kid brought?)

I've seen the same number of bombs, personally, as you. Zero. I've seen many many many bombs in photos, magazines, movies, tv shows etc. this question is ridiculous

I support torture in the name of freedom. How many attacks did we prevent due to tourting inmates at Guantanamo for Intel? More than one, that's for sure.

Obama is a Muslim and not born in the USA. I won't post a single word on BB, but, the rules were changed when Arnold Schwarzenegger, an Austrian immigrant, was elected govenerman of CA. He attempted a run at the office but was denied. Since then the laws have changed to allow anyone be pres, not just the ones born in the USA

THere ya have. I realize answering this is all sarcastic, esp due to the tone of your post, but you asked so there it is