Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

CopperTom said:

It's almost to the corner right now.

Damn still? Was thinking of heading over but might hold off now. Any idea what time the line typically dies down if at all?
    Still almost to the corner.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    ML150692 said:

I'm coming from MA also. I'm planning on driving to the Stamford Metro North Station off 95 and taking the Metro North train in from there, dropping me in Grand Central. It's about an hour ride from Stamford and they have a parking garage. I think the round trip train is ~$20 bucks a head. It seems like the trains are scheduled ~20 minutes apart pretty consistently. I'm staying over, so if you're not I'm not sure how late the last train is to come back after the show.

I have a few spots in the parking lot at my law office in Bridgeport. It's a 1 minute walk to metro north and 50 mins into grand central. IF any1 needs a FREE spot let me know. Downtown BPT is kinda shady but I never have a problem. Then again, I'm from here and we can smell our own. Be advised its just like the pay lots in nyc, AT YOUR WON RISK, but its GRATIS to fellow jammers.
    PEACE EVERYONE!

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Very happy I got the shirt for myself and my daughter that we both wanted and the Pendleton poster. Transformer sold out right before my eyes roughly 10-15 people ahead of me. No limit on stickers today. 2 pins per person. Awesome to meet you Chris! Overall a fun morning in line talking to others who don't look at you sideways when they learn you are standing in line for posters and tshirts. :-)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    The N or R train will take you to the corner of Canal & Broadway. Then all you have is a 1 block walk north to Howard street and the pop up is a few stores up.
  • Options
    Crzyern said:

Crzyern said:
    Hey Dude, I am the guy in the infamous green shirt. I was 8th in line and stood there for 4 hours. They opened the doors and everyone piled in. I got 4 hats and for clarification the small amount of hats were gon IN 30 SECONDS!!! There might have been 40 hats out for the day. I bought 5 shirts and my allowed amount of posters LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I went and put them in my car and realized I didn't buy my wife a pearl jam met shirt. So after taking my coat off as it warmed up my super green shirt was apparent. I stood in line for another hour and bought the shirt and gasp!! 2 more stickers. I really put one over on them, I even kidded with the guy at checkout that he knew me. I would be more concerned about the guy who was FIRST in line zipped in got his stuff then told them it was stolen while he rolled his post and could they be a sport and fish some sold out sizes and hats from tomorrows allotment. His truck was out in front and he was with a buddy ( who didn't buy anything that Isaw

I don't know what you got, but I was the one who's stuff was taken right off the counter. I was 2nd in line outside and about 20 inside. Yes I had a co worker come pick me up in a truck when I was done. Didn't think there was a problem with getting a ride home. If I walked out the store with a bag of merch do you think they would have replaced it? They saw that I never got it. I walked outside to call for my ride because it was too loud inside. I never asked anyone to fish anything out of the basement. I actually asked them if I was shit out of luck and told them to go to the video tape. They told me to just hang out and they would replace it for me. I can only assume that someone is giving you shit for getting back on line a 2nd time, because I'm not going back to read all this. You know as well as every other PJ fan that there's no way in hell anyone was walking in getting what they wanted and cutting in front of the line again to get more. I think your an ass for even commenting about it because you are clueless. They only people that knew what was going on was me and the guys in charge and whoever stole or accidently took my bag. It really irks me that you would even suggest I did anything foul, not my style. If I wanted to be gready I would have just bought a friend or two with me to wait on line to buy more. Perfect case of someone ASSUMING they know what there talking about when then don't have the slightest clue of what went down. Try and know what your talking about before you start pointing fingers. Peace

Just for the record there was a third straight day of a THUMBINGMYWAY13 sighting at the popup shop, I guess you didn't bring a friend cause you were going yourself

Infamous green shirt guy: I'll give you $35 + a batch of my homemade salted chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake (both made with love!) for a Transformers poster
  • Options
    Whomever wanted the Mets style PJ shirt please pm me. I noticed that and bought a LG for you.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    skip the pop up, walk over to Mott, go to Lombardi's the first pizza parlor in the USA, and enjoy a slice of heaven. Then a block down to Ferrara's, the first pastry shop in the USA, get an Isabelle and expresso. molto bene!

http://civilwartalk.com/threads/visiting-mulberry-bend-in-the-five-points-today.103450/

• Options
    cjb5790cjb5790 Cleveland, OH Posts: 190
    This line is crazy! Hoping it takes less than an hour, I have to be uptown at 4:30.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    lribando said:

Crzyern said:

Crzyern said:
    Hey Dude, I am the guy in the infamous green shirt. I was 8th in line and stood there for 4 hours. They opened the doors and everyone piled in. I got 4 hats and for clarification the small amount of hats were gon IN 30 SECONDS!!! There might have been 40 hats out for the day. I bought 5 shirts and my allowed amount of posters LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I went and put them in my car and realized I didn't buy my wife a pearl jam met shirt. So after taking my coat off as it warmed up my super green shirt was apparent. I stood in line for another hour and bought the shirt and gasp!! 2 more stickers. I really put one over on them, I even kidded with the guy at checkout that he knew me. I would be more concerned about the guy who was FIRST in line zipped in got his stuff then told them it was stolen while he rolled his post and could they be a sport and fish some sold out sizes and hats from tomorrows allotment. His truck was out in front and he was with a buddy ( who didn't buy anything that Isaw

I don't know what you got, but I was the one who's stuff was taken right off the counter. I was 2nd in line outside and about 20 inside. Yes I had a co worker come pick me up in a truck when I was done. Didn't think there was a problem with getting a ride home. If I walked out the store with a bag of merch do you think they would have replaced it? They saw that I never got it. I walked outside to call for my ride because it was too loud inside. I never asked anyone to fish anything out of the basement. I actually asked them if I was shit out of luck and told them to go to the video tape. They told me to just hang out and they would replace it for me. I can only assume that someone is giving you shit for getting back on line a 2nd time, because I'm not going back to read all this. You know as well as every other PJ fan that there's no way in hell anyone was walking in getting what they wanted and cutting in front of the line again to get more. I think your an ass for even commenting about it because you are clueless. They only people that knew what was going on was me and the guys in charge and whoever stole or accidently took my bag. It really irks me that you would even suggest I did anything foul, not my style. If I wanted to be gready I would have just bought a friend or two with me to wait on line to buy more. Perfect case of someone ASSUMING they know what there talking about when then don't have the slightest clue of what went down. Try and know what your talking about before you start pointing fingers. Peace

Just for the record there was a third straight day of a THUMBINGMYWAY13 sighting at the popup shop, I guess you didn't bring a friend cause you were going yourself

Infamous green shirt guy: I'll give you $35 + a batch of my homemade salted chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake (both made with love!) for a Transformers poster
    "made with love"

Does "love" = "laxative"? :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    ldent42 said:

lribando said:

Crzyern said:

Crzyern said:

"made with love"

Does "love" = "laxative"? :lol:
    or a "very special ingredient" a'la Minnie in The Help?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    edited September 2015
    I assume you cannot get a poster tube into the festival? My only chance to buy one is on the way to central park via public transportation.
  • Options
    How is that stack of posters now? Finally made it!
  • Options
    Just got home, got in line at 945 this morning. Missed a transformer poster by about 20 people. I was talking to the guy behind the counter giving out the posters and he said that each morning the merch comes in, so they have no idea how much of each they are getting each day, but that it isnt all the same amount. Today he said they definitely got less Transformers, probably around 100. Don't know what that means for tomorrow, just thought I'd pass along what he said
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I checked out about 10 min ago. They have sold out of most L and XL shirts and Transformers.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    se7v7en said:

I assume you cannot get a poster tube into the festival? My only chance to buy one is on the way to central park via public transportation.

There's a UPS store around the corner. Ship it to yourself.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    How is the inventory right now? Stickers and pins.
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Just got here finally. In the back of the line. This line isn't extremely long but it'll take some time to get it
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187

Just got here finally. In the back of the line. This line isn't extremely long but it'll take some time to get it

how many people would you estimate?
  • Options
    smital said:

I'd say about a hundred maybe a little more. Not as crazy as people were describing earlier
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

• Options

smital said:

I'd say about a hundred maybe a little more. Not as crazy as people were describing earlier
    Moving slow!
  • Options

smital said:

Moving slow!
    Yeah definitely but I was expecting it to be slower than this so this is cool with me haha

• Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    Thanks Pearl34Jam and dstanfield80!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Green shirt guy looks like he's in the mob.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Anyone out there standing on line right now? If so how's the line looking? Any skyline posters left? I don't want to head down there (again) to find them sold out again.
  • Options
    Line is slow. I would assume at least an hour. Not sure of inventory.
  • Options
    if there is anyone going to this shop that could grab 1 of each sticker I would be forever in your debt, I have a bunch of extras or can paypal the money. fingers crossed someone can help me out

cheers
  • Options

Line is slow. I would assume at least an hour. Not sure of inventory.

Thanks, bootlegger10! I don't think I can stand there for another hour. I did it on Wednesday morning (after finding a closed shop at 7:20pm on Tuesday night) and hardly moved 5 feet, so I had to run back to work. I was lucky last night that there were no lines, but missed the darn skyline poster by 30 min! I just want that darn skyline poster, and hate resorting to ebay!
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    My girlfriend just left the store no more skyline posters for the day either :(
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Are the hats still selling out early every day? Would love to get that dark blue one (I hate saying the Yankees one because I'm not a Yankees fan haha)
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

My girlfriend just left the store no more skyline posters for the day either :(

Thank you so much iamloco724! You just saved me a few hours!