Comments

• Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    edited September 2015
    $150.00 for the NYPD shirt now
    Post edited by Bubba on
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Are they really putting holographic stickers on the backs of the posters? WHY???

The posters will be in the Ten Club shop on 10/10 (well that's my guess). If Wrigley posters made it so will these and they probably quadrupled the print run. People are just crazy. That's a hell of a lot of poster designs for what might be a 45 minute show. Do the posters say Beyonce on them too? ;)

Transformers poster is ok but the faces look cheesy as hell. Great for a kid's room. Just about everything looks like pretty lazy design work to me. All the prices will come down on ebay in a few months... plus Crazy ebay Bidders--this is just the first DAY! Don't bid yet you nuts!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

I have two of each of these posters, looking to trade for a Medium PJ "Mets" Shirt, the NYC Apple shirt, or the "Mets" PJ hat...Other trades welcome...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cschwa17/21631855275/in/datetaken/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/cschwa17/21443753390/in/datetaken/

At least we know you're not the guy flipping on the bay hahaha
    I am all about the trades, if I can't get what I want via trade, I will gladly sell the posters at face value.
    I would also trade all the posters for an Avocado shirt, mine went missing and I'm broken up about it, medium shirt or large...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    edited September 2015

cmalisze said:

I have to say....I am not terribly upset with people who flip. Everyone's time is worth money and I believe that to the fullest. So, if someone wants to spend an insane amount of time in line to purchase something to sell for a higher rate then so be it. They maybe made what....$15 or $20 per hour after they sell the item. For shows where the availability for specific items is the one or two days of an actual concert, I cannot hate. You wait in line and you reap the reward. That is life.

The issue for this setup is that it is a week long "event" in the biggest city in the U.S. roughly 4 days before the show. Most people are not even in town until the day or two before the actual concert. This allows for folks who have zero interest in PJ to purchase and sell just because they live in NYC and have time. Also limiting sales to each day do not help the cause because I guarantee those that had time to stand in line today and "flip" will have the same time tomorrow once they realize the profit they make today. I say limit purchases and over supply. This deters people from trying to make a buck.

I cannot speak negatively because I have sold something for more than I paid relating to PJ. Maybe it wasn't an immediate "flip" but, in the grand scheme of things even those selling a DK MSG poster or a PJ20 Billboard are essentially "flipping" provided they sell it for something more than they paid. Is there a time frame we should wait?

With that being said, I am hoping for some merch including all 4 posters because I do not arrive until Friday at 2PM in NYC which leaves me no time to dedicate to standing in line.

Guess I may have to pay someone for their time.

Regardless, I love the band and am very excited for Saturday.

I'm not upset with the flip per-se. I'm more annoyed that there was no limit to how much any one person could buy. With the hype the band put on this show, would have been nice for all these items to be limited to 1-2 per person so people could get them. It is that people could buy 20-30 hats, shirts, and posters that annoys me.
    Yes this. I don't think theres a way to stop all flipping and thats fine but not having a limit is just ridiculous. Would love to have a PJ Mets shirt or hat but I will never spend more than face value on them.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    edited September 2015
    Yep. Items should be limited. 2 per person.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    At transformers poster Mike is the jet. "MMC 59" on the leg...
    This is the new kong
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    cschwa17 said:

cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

I have two of each of these posters, looking to trade for a Medium PJ "Mets" Shirt, the NYC Apple shirt, or the "Mets" PJ hat...Other trades welcome...

I am all about the trades, if I can't get what I want via trade, I will gladly sell the posters at face value.
    I would also trade all the posters for an Avocado shirt, mine went missing and I'm broken up about it, medium shirt or large...
    Saw an avocado shirt on eBay just yesterday I believe. Wasn't a crazy price either
  • Options
    cschwa17 said:

cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

I may be able to help with the shirt but it may be an XL
  • Options
    Bubba said:

cschwa17 said:

cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

I really need an M or L, XL would just be too large.
  • Options

This is the new kong

I hope this isn't your reasoning for it being the "new Kong"

• Options

This is the new kong

LOL not falling for that. ;)
    I did notice the EV logo on the Optimus Prime Eddie or whatever's belt. Nice details. Better than that other throw up looking poster.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    Flippers sucks..we all know it..i dont what can possible could be done today tho..at least thwy allow only 2 poaters per person
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

Saw an avocado shirt on eBay just yesterday I believe. Wasn't a crazy price either
    Yeah don't go crazy for an avocado shirt. You can find one for less than 4 NY posters.

• Options
    cschwa17 said:

Bubba said:

cschwa17 said:

cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

Darn, I just checked, it's an XXL sorry
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    even when the 10c implements a limit --- ie: wrigley, you were allowed two of each print. EIGHT POSTERS! you were allowed to walk away from the merch stand with EIGHT posters. why in the holy hell does anyone need that many, other than to flip? if you are going to have four different prints... sorry, one per print. four posters is plenty for yourself.

of course there are people who try to get for friends, etc. unfortunately that number pales in comparison to those looking to flip.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Anyone who was able to buy 50 stickers wanting to hook me up with one? :innocent:

Only 2 per sale Suzie!
  • Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 143
    Wish they'd find a way to pre-purchase. I'm too old for these long lines and other shenanigans. Still, I love the band, the Global Citizen cause, and would like to bring home something cool to wear from our trip to NY. I'll figure something out to keep the smile, however this works out.
  • Options
    rival. said:

even when the 10c implements a limit --- ie: wrigley, you were allowed two of each print. EIGHT POSTERS! you were allowed to walk away from the merch stand with EIGHT posters. why in the holy hell does anyone need that many, other than to flip? if you are going to have four different prints... sorry, one per print. four posters is plenty for yourself.

of course there are people who try to get for friends, etc. unfortunately that number pales in comparison to those looking to flip.

Bingo!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    rival. said:

Believe the reasoning for that was because of the writing on the back that way if you wanted you could display both sides, but I agree, not sure why you'd want 2 of each
    Post edited by Bubba on
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Eli Roth will be at the Apple Store in Soho at 5pm today. Is it weird that I'm more jealous that I'm not there for that than I am the pop-up shop??

The Green Inferno looks gory as hell.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Bubba said:

cschwa17 said:

Bubba said:

cschwa17 said:

cschwa17 said:

badbrains said:

cschwa17 said:

Darn, I just checked, it's an XXL sorry
    No worries, I appreciate it! I also have a PJ Mets T-shirt from the pop-up store in a size small if anyone is interested in trading...I will take a pic in a minute...
  • Options
    photo Image_zpslpw4emjl.jpg
    photo Image 1_zpsmsruvwbx.jpg
    photo Image 2_zpsokuwqikp.jpg

Hologram.

Now we will know how many posters are out there and the print run!
    photo Image 3_zps9zsrjzsb.jpg
  • Options
    Bubba said:

This is the new kong

I hope this isn't your reasoning for it being the "new Kong"

I said my opinion..and im pretty sure about it..
    I dont care of will be or not..i dont even want or like the poster that much...but i know the impression have people was there..and what i read at social media about it
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Suziemay said:

Anyone who was able to buy 50 stickers wanting to hook me up with one? :innocent:

Only 2 per sale Suzie!
    I'm so confused! There was a limit on stickers but not hats and posters?

BAH. :anguished:
  • Options
    Oh and they ALL begin with the 0002
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Hologram.

Nice. Really like the stickers and pin
  • Options
    Bubba said:

rival. said:

Believe the reasoning for that was because of the writing on the back that way if you wanted you could display both sides, but I agree, not sure why you'd want 8 posters

Another clever yet fucked up way to sell MORE. Unreal, how much is enough when it comes to millions of dollars in the bank? Are they building some kind of spaceship going to Mars because the planet is gonna die and pj want to buy their way on the spaceship?
  • Options

Hologram.

According to one site, that isn't a print run, just a serial number.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,662
    Love the hologram
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Only 2 per sale Suzie!
    I'm so confused! There was a limit on stickers but not hats and posters?

BAH. :anguished:
    Posters is 2 per person