Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

the best way to limit flippers is what they did in 2009 with the pre order and over saturate the market with posters. Supply kicks demand's ass and no one is flipping anything. Of course this probably leaves way too many prints with the 10c but that's what future mystery tube sales are for ;)

Agree Completely. Law of Supply says as Supply Increases, Flippers go broke.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    wall232 said:

badbrains said:

wall232 said:

badbrains said:

PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

PP193448 said:

Glad I had to cancel my trip yesterday and now can't make it to NY. Would have been waste of half day going to this crazy pop shop. Good luck everyone. Have fun at the show.

Dude, I am still bummed that you aren't gonna be there.
    Next year we def got to hang out.
    Yeah. Would've been great. But man NY is going to be busy with the pope and UN. Too many people for me. See you guys for the next tour. Some drinks on me...
    Have a great time guys. :rock_on:
    Exact reason that we've decided not to attend either. Way too much mayhem for me to take in 1 day.
    The Pope leaves Saturday morning and the UN crap should be over by Saturday as well. It'll be just another Saturday in NY, which is bad enough.
    true but still gonna be a shit show in the city
    It's always a shit show here. Lol
    I know it, I just live a few miles over the river, neighbor haha
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630

RP112579 said:

The combination of people in this thread wanting limits on all the merch and the people begging for people to get them merch is so fucking entertaining.

THIS.

"Why would anyone buy more than one poster if they're not flipping?! Limits need to be 1 per person!"

"Hey if anyone is going tomorrow can you pick me up a poster?"

Can't have it both ways, people.
    People could be asking for someone to grab one for them so they could have it for their collection maybe
  • Options
    Bubba said:

RP112579 said:

The combination of people in this thread wanting limits on all the merch and the people begging for people to get them merch is so fucking entertaining.

THIS.

"Why would anyone buy more than one poster if they're not flipping?! Limits need to be 1 per person!"

People could be asking for someone to grab one for them so they could have it for their collection maybe
    I grabbed for me and a friend. I'm cool with the 2 limit.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634

RP112579 said:

THIS.

People ask because we know there is a two person limit for posters. One for the purchaser and the other for the person asking. If they limited it to one you would still have people asking because there are people out there who stand in line for merch and choose not to purchase a poster. The asks would reduce I imagine though.
  • Options

Bubba said:

RP112579 said:

THIS.

I grabbed for me and a friend. I'm cool with the 2 limit.
    Nice...enjoy it!
  • Options
    Bubba said:

RP112579 said:

THIS.

EXACTLY. And a 1 per person limit basically eliminates people helping unless they're going to just buy things for everyone else and not for themselves. 2 per person allows people to get their own AND help others. 2 per is completely acceptable.

Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Any other merch besides what has been posted? Any odd things like wristbands, socks, etc? Serious question, haha.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Some new names popping up here in this thread! Welcome merch hounds! Welcome!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Bubba said:

RS151862 said:

They should do a 2016 Merchless Tour. See if anyone shows up.

Not sure the band would....and at this point, not really sure if they'd have to. They could just do pop up shops all around the country and not even tour and they'd make a fortune.
    Don't give them any ideas...
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Hahahaha
  • Options

No Chris, Nothing like that. There was a baby onesie...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Stickers eh? Is this how they're going to detract flippers?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Horse2345 said:

Bubba said:

Bubba said:

photo Image_zpslpw4emjl.jpg
    photo Image 1_zpsmsruvwbx.jpg
    photo Image 2_zpsokuwqikp.jpg

Hologram.

Now we will know how many posters are out there and the print run!
    photo Image 3_zps9zsrjzsb.jpg

According to one site, that isn't a print run, just a serial number.

They all have a different number so it shouldn't be too hard to tell how many are out there. My posters have sequential numbering.
    This is where I saw the explanation of the hologram:

insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2015/09/pearl-jam-global-citizens-new-york-posters.html

Here is the quote from the site:

In this digital age it seems like everything is being bootlegged and counterfeited. As far back as the 2003 tour there were counterfeit Pearl Jam posters for San Antonio and Mexico City and I was the one that figured it out with the help of another fan. He mentioned he thought something was off with a poster that he bought from someone in Mexico. I had bought a poster from the same guy and so I pulled out 2 of the Gorilla posters one of which I knew was real and compared them. Sure has hell the one from Mexico was fake. Sent the pictures to Ames and they confirmed it.

So starting with the New York posters every Pearl Jam poster will have a hologram sticker on the back of them. Posters sold at the concerts and posters sold by the artists will all have a sticker. The number is not an edition number but a serial number.
    Next comes the counterfeit hologram stickers lol
    Yeah this explanation doesn't stop the bootleggers who take the poster and make it into a sticker (Crackerjack Wrigley sticker sold for $100 on ebay a while back). What they need to do is put the hologram on the FRONT... right smack in the middle of the artwork... that'll fix things.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365

Bubba said:

RP112579 said:

THIS.

EXACTLY. And a 1 per person limit basically eliminates people helping unless they're going to just buy things for everyone else and not for themselves. 2 per person allows people to get their own AND help others. 2 per is completely acceptable.

I've got no problem with a limit of two, but anything more than one helps the flippers. And, imo, tons of people that aren't in NYC begging people in NYC to get them merch doesn't exactly help things either.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    edited September 2015

'The Pope leaves Saturday morning and the UN crap should be over by Saturday as well. It'll be just another Saturday in NY, which is bad enough. '

Actually my guy on the inside tells me the Pope has backstage passes for the show and will be heading down to the pop up shop straight after the show and queueing to make sure he gets his merch. A pop up confessional box hasn't been ruled out.

Post edited by IamTom on
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    what poster did you get Tempo?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    "Hey, how was the PJ show in NYC"?
    Oh, it was great. I got 4 stickers, 2 pins, 3 shirts, all 4 posters, , both hats, a variant pin, Pj the Mace can, and the Hoodie.
    -"Cool, what did they play"
    Oh I don't know.......
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    rival. said:

The transformers will be like the kong poster of 2010..trust me on this

so then it's best to pull the trigger on the $200 buy it now listing that just popped up on ebay?
    No..dont go at ebay..wait...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:

I got all 3 but the Ames. People bought those first.

IMO the Pendleton is the one to own. That is a gorgeous looking poster. He nailed this one.
  • Options

SJD3232 said:

I got all 3 but the Ames. People bought those first.

IMO the Pendleton is the one to own. That is a gorgeous looking poster. He nailed this one.
    Love that poster

• Options

rival. said:

so then it's best to pull the trigger on the $200 buy it now listing that just popped up on ebay?
    If you actually know something you could stop the flipping point blank right now...
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I didn't read the last 8 pages of this thread but I went to the shop this afternoon and I have some information if anyone cares about that.

The posters, stickers and pins were limited to two of each per person, and this limit was enforced. Poster stock ran out at 1:20pmish (yea, while I was in the line.) Tomorrow there will be more posters than there was today. There's no key chains or little things like arm bands, or at least there wasn't today. There was plenty of shirts. I didn't see any hats, but I didn't ask about them either.

I'm very sorry, but due to the limits being enforced I will not be able to pick up anything for anyone at this time, so please do not ask. :smile:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,844
    Pearl Jam needs to step up their merchandise game. A lot of that stuff I wouldn't pay pop up shop price let alone eBay price. I went to the Foo's pop up in LA and they had really cool stuff. It seems the PJ team is getting lazy.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Remember folks, you didn't know these shirts and posters existed yesterday and you were possibly content in life.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,268
    ldent42 said:

I didn't read the last 8 pages of this thread but I went to the shop this afternoon and I have some information if anyone cares about that.

The posters, stickers and pins were limited to two of each per person, and this limit was enforced. Poster stock ran out at 1:20pmish (yea, while I was in the line.) Tomorrow there will be more posters than there was today. There's no key chains or little things like arm bands, or at least there wasn't today. There was plenty of shirts. I didn't see any hats, but I didn't ask about them either.

I'm very sorry, but due to the limits being enforced I will not be able to pick up anything for anyone at this time, so please do not ask. :smile:

Can you grab me a hat?
    Sorry had to do it ;)
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    When PJ played Brooklyn, I went to the Volcom when they started selling the PJ merch, at midnight a few days before.
    So many terrible flippers there, buying multiples of whatever they could get their hands on...
    Proud that they were gonna make $$$...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

rival. said:

If you actually know something you could stop the flipping point blank right now...
    Do someone really need to know somwthing??
    Why people buy today from ebay when 5 days left at the pop up show.will bring more thw next days and pj sell always posters at their website after the show....i mean come on..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200

rival. said:

Why people buy today from ebay when 5 days left at the pop up show.will bring more thw next days and pj sell always posters at their website after the show....i mean come on..
    I think Chris is referring to you stating that you know something but won't say what until after the show...and that it will be worth as much as the kong...
  • Options

rival. said:

Only 100 in there shop tops and they always sell out fast, no? This will only gather more steam.

This will be worse than Wrigley… Just wait...