Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Anyone willing to help me get a Transformers poster? Let me know what you need I can Paypal money now. Thanks.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

For a band as big as pearl jam is, they sure run a shit show when it comes to these things. So many people have great ideas as to how everyone can get a piece of the pie, but nope. Pearl jam is a corporation.

It is comical really, you would think they would actually try to get some of this stuff in the hands of their fans for as much as they hyped this show.
    It's like they all showed up to work the shop and said, " what do we do?" And everyone just stood there with that lost look on their faces. Plan it out, make it right. Get the stuff in the fans hands for box price not marked up 500% on eBay. Shit, they're already on eBay for $200 the posters. Instead, you have people walking out with 20 hats and 20 shirts to dump on eBay to pay for the cost of their trip and some.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

The transformers will be like the kong poster of 2010..trust me on this

Never!
    I have a reason to say it..cant tell more..
    How? It's all based on perceived hype and personal preference
    Ill explain after the event week ends
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

For a band as big as pearl jam is, they sure run a shit show when it comes to these things. So many people have great ideas as to how everyone can get a piece of the pie, but nope. Pearl jam is a corporation.

It is comical really, you would think they would actually try to get some of this stuff in the hands of their fans for as much as they hyped this show.
    It's like they all showed up to work the shop and said, " what do we do?" And everyone just stood there with that lost look on their faces. Plan it out, make it right. Get the stuff in the fans hands for box price not marked up 500% on eBay. Shit, they're already on eBay for $200 the posters. Instead, you have people walking out with 20 hats and 20 shirts to dump on eBay to pay for the cost of their trip and some.
    And what I find even worse, a lot of it are people who are flipping just to go to more shows.
  • Options

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    What, that they only made 50 of this print for the show?
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289

I can not see that happen. The King Kong poster is a classic for many reasons. The Transformers
    Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    How? It's all based on perceived hype and personal preference...plus, there are more desired posters out there than the Donkey Kong
    Agreed... it's a perception. Unless the Transformers poster spits out dollar bills, it's not worth the hype. The Kong poster is a classic.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653
    Stop buying all this crap and they might actually be forced to play a few shows next year to meet their bottom line.

Also, it's good to see they learned from the Wrigley merch debacle.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,683

Suziemay said:

Never!
    If I had to guess I'd say Ames will throw up multiple Transformers and/or Decepticons variants on Sunday.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    edited September 2015
    badbrains said:

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    Probably something along these lines... thats why they have 4 posters im guessing. One "holy grail" of the group and 3 that will be readily available for fans who just want "any poster" from the gig
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Transformers poster is classic lazy Ames....and unlike the Kong, there is no creativity there.
    The only way that one becomes as valued as the Kong is because its NY and overhyped- but Im gonna guess the print run will be much higher than the Kong, therefore its wont reach that level.
    The best one of the bunch is that new artists, just because its visually different than anything else, but again, lots of skulls and similar themes we've seen too much of in recent years.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Yeah, you know the people working at Volcolm could care less, they want as much sold as fast as possible to get rid of the crowds.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

badbrains said:

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    Probably something along these lines... thats why they have 4 posters im guessing. One "holy grail" of the group and 3 that will be readily available for fans who just want "any poster" from the gig
    I think dimitris means that the band is going to come out in Transformer costumes at the festival.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    100 Pacer said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    If I had to guess I'd say Ames will throw up multiple Transformers and/or Decepticons variants on Sunday.
    I'll wait patiently for what Dimi has to say after the event, but I'm still sticking with "Never".
  • Options

badbrains said:

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    I think dimitris means that the band is going to come out in Transformer costumes at the festival.
    Either that or the stage setup is made out of actual transformers...LOL...but I could see the merch machine of PJ churning out 5 individual Transformer themed posters at some point to add to the chaos that it has become.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

badbrains said:

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    I think Optimus Prime might sit in with the band on the encore...
    wait it's only 45 mins? nevermind

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    No vinyl. Just shirts, stickers, buttons and hats.
    NYPJ
  • Options

so then it's best to pull the trigger on the $200 buy it now listing that just popped up on ebay?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

badbrains said:

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

Never!
    Yes!!hehe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rival. said:

so then it's best to pull the trigger on the $200 buy it now listing that just popped up on ebay?
    Hahaha, so true Jon. Buy it now and flip it later!
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Anything on the back of any of the shirts?
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rival. said:

fuck yeah! what is the kong poster fetching these days? $500? i'll take the $300 profit on a mediocre looking poster!
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

Anything on the back of any of the shirts?</blockquotte"

Didn't see the backs of all of them but the Mets and Yankee color shirts have stuff on the back.

NYPJ
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,811
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

the same thing happen last year in Amsterdam..shit..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    rival. said:

You could wait til Ames sells it, with the variant(s)
  • Options
    There's only 1000 stickers each so those will be hard to come by.
    They allow u two each which is cool!
    Only 2 posters each also. Ames sold out by the time I got up there to the line.
    Saw a guy buy 10 hats and after he walked out five minutes later they are on eBay? Coincidence?!?
    I'll post pics of the stickers later.
    I think something is up with the "no flipping" stickers on the backs of the posters. Just saying.
  • Options
    rival. said:

badbrains said:

rival. said:

fuck yeah! what is the kong poster fetching these days? $500? i'll take the $300 profit on a mediocre looking poster!
    Is it really that much? Didn't realize that...may have to part ways with mine if that's the case.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,007
    ISO the set of sticker & pins. Any help would be great.
    Thanks! :)
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940

I think something is up with the "no flipping" stickers on the backs of the posters. Just saying.

I'm sure that sticker will stop flippers :,(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options

Yea once the print is rolled and the sticker is affected an ink packet bursts out, ruining the poster forever. That's why Dimitri thinks this will be the next Kong...all the destroyed flips will make it super rare.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18