Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

Anything on the back of any of the shirts?

Only the mets style shirt had pj logo front and back says pearl jam nyc 26th sept
    Rest dont yave anything at back
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

I think something is up with the "no flipping" stickers on the backs of the posters. Just saying.

Yea once the print is rolled and the sticker is affected an ink packet bursts out, ruining the poster forever. That's why Dimitri thinks this will be the next Kong...all the destroyed flips will make it super rare.
    hahaha :lol:
    and the guilty will have "blood" on their hands.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Easy solution... DON'T BUY THE STUFF ON EBAY.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So the guy who's selling the 2 posters on eBay is gonna make out good today. Good for him to take the day off and possibly make $400 on 2 posters he spent $70 on. Bravo, well done 10C
  • Options
    Can anyone can help with getting a Transformer poster? I can PayPal or offer up a trade. Thanks!
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    edited September 2015

Anything on the back of any of the shirts?

Only the mets style shirt had pj logo front and back says pearl jam nyc 26th sept
    Rest dont yave anything at back
    Thanks, Dimi!
    Post edited by NAUjackfan on
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,961
    edited September 2015

I like it A LOT!! :)

Was there any Transformers variants sold @ the store today?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

How could the 10c possibly stop that? Is there a system where we can stop it? (honest question)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

How could the 10c possibly stop that? Is there a system where we can stop it? (honest question)
    Sell them thru the store 1 per person to fanclub member who wont hock them?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

I think it is more along the lines of you buy as much as you wanted with no limit. Appears a lot of stuff sold out in the first 30 minutes or less. I would guess that will be the case every day.

10c could have easily pre-sold a lot of this to get it in the hands of actual fans.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Sweatshirt has a back to it.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    RS65573 said:

arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

There is no way to stop it. I would bet that a majority of flippers are fan club members. Only way to stop it is to print an unlimited number of each poster so theres virtually no secondary market value
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    edited September 2015
    If you want stickers....$25 now..
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Someone already bought the Ames poster from the douche on ebay.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    This is truly insane for what will be a 16-20 song festival greatest hits show
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

Can't stop flippers. What I think 10c can do is have strict limits (one or two per person) clearly outlined and have competent merch sellers onsite. That would help but certainly won't stop, because these people have lots of friends and also have all day to go back in line, and again, and again and again.

The other thing is to have more of everything made, so that it's less limited.

I know Foo Fighters doesn't have the same level of cray cray fans, but at their recent pop-up shops, they had limits on limited edition items (posters, vinyl) and everything else was abundantly available. No sweat, most people got what they wanted, and more LOL.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

RS65573 said:

arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

There is no way to stop it. I would bet that a majority of flippers are fan club members. Only way to stop it is to print an unlimited number of each poster so theres virtually no secondary market value
    Doubt the majority of flippers are in the 10c- there are some for sure. I'm guessing most people just know how to make a quick buck off this.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Bubba said:

At the pop-up or on eBay?
  • Options
    The guy selling the posters on eBay is from sellersville, pa. How fitting haha
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:

Someone already bought the Ames poster from the douche on ebay.

Yeah they did...gotta have it now mentality I guess...I'll worry about it after the 10C and artist sales if I want anything.
  • Options
    I really like the Transformers and Pendelton posters, but I won't spend $200+ on them. I'll try artist's sales and hope I get lucky. I can't say that I'm surprised at stuff hitting ebay already
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    Suziemay said:

Bubba said:

At the pop-up or on eBay?
    eBay
  • Options

RS65573 said:

arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

Doubt the majority of flippers are in the 10c- there are some for sure. I'm guessing most people just know how to make a quick buck off this.
    Disagree, not sure how many times I heard at the merch lines at past shows fans stating they were buying multiple items to flip so they could fund their next shows.
  • Options
    Eli Roth will be at the Apple Store in Soho at 5pm today. Is it weird that I'm more jealous that I'm not there for that than I am the pop-up shop??
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    brilliant. assuming that guy traveled from PA to NYC for the show, just got one night at his hotel paid for by unloading that poster on ebay. now if he sells the second he has up, he just got two free nights in NYC! bravo!

• Options
    If they put em up on there site that would help a lot. But with the zoo it was today have to decide if I want to waste half a day of my vacation in NYC waiting in line hoping that the item isn't sold out on me (like it was at the Seattle pop up shop) or drop a couple hindered to the guy who waited in line for 6 hours to get it.
  • Options

I really like the Transformers and Pendelton posters, but I won't spend $200+ on them. I'll try artist's sales and hope I get lucky. I can't say that I'm surprised at stuff hitting ebay already

They'll most likely be here in the shop eventually, too. For $35.
  • Options

Bubba said:

Suziemay said:

The transformers will be like the kong poster of 2010..trust me on this

Never!
    I have a reason to say it..cant tell more..
    How? It's all based on perceived hype and personal preference
    Ill explain after the event week ends
    Well that should sell a few on the ole bay...
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    Bubba said:

RS65573 said:

arq said:

badbrains said:

Bravo, well done 10C

Disagree, not sure how many times I heard at the merch lines at past shows fans stating they were buying multiple items to flip so they could fund their next shows.
    I'm willing to bet 90% are in the 10C.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Hodie logo

Now THAT is a fucking lazy ass design. Horrible.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!