Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Anyone going early in the next few days that can get me a Transformers one? I won't be able to go till Sunday due to other commitments and my girlfriend has jury duty and I don't want to chance it. I can Paypal right away once you have it in hand
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    badbrains said:

Bubba said:

rival. said:

even when the 10c implements a limit --- ie: wrigley, you were allowed two of each print. EIGHT POSTERS! you were allowed to walk away from the merch stand with EIGHT posters. why in the holy hell does anyone need that many, other than to flip? if you are going to have four different prints... sorry, one per print. four posters is plenty for yourself.

of course there are people who try to get for friends, etc. unfortunately that number pales in comparison to those looking to flip.

Believe the reasoning for that was because of the writing on the back that way if you wanted you could display both sides, but I agree, not sure why you'd want 8 posters

Another clever yet fucked up way to sell MORE. Unreal, how much is enough when it comes to millions of dollars in the bank? Are they building some kind of spaceship going to Mars because the planet is gonna die and pj want to buy their way on the spaceship?
    LOL

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    badbrains said:

rival. said:

even when the 10c implements a limit --- ie: wrigley, you were allowed two of each print. EIGHT POSTERS! you were allowed to walk away from the merch stand with EIGHT posters. why in the holy hell does anyone need that many, other than to flip? if you are going to have four different prints... sorry, one per print. four posters is plenty for yourself.

of course there are people who try to get for friends, etc. unfortunately that number pales in comparison to those looking to flip.

Bingo!
    I know one cool cat out there that hooked a brother up.
    but you are correct.... probably a small percentage compared to flippers.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Love the hologram

Can someone pick me up JUST the hologram sticker??? Cash or trade!!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

photo Image 3_zps9zsrjzsb.jpg

Best way for us to "Say No To Flippers" is for them to print A LOT. Increase that supply and fewer of us will have to go to flippers.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Love the hologram

Can someone pick me up JUST the hologram sticker??? Cash or trade!!!
    You get a free one with a purchase of a poster
  • Options
    Bubba said:

photo Image_zpslpw4emjl.jpg
    photo Image 1_zpsmsruvwbx.jpg
    photo Image 2_zpsokuwqikp.jpg

Hologram.

Now we will know how many posters are out there and the print run!

According to one site, that isn't a print run, just a serial number.

They all have a different number so it shouldn't be too hard to tell how many are out there. My posters have sequential numbering.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2015
    Glad I had to cancel my trip yesterday and now can't make it to NY. Would have been waste of half day going to this crazy pop shop. Good luck everyone. Have fun at the show.
    Only thing I would've bought was a hat after seeing all that's available. Maybe some pins. Anyone with extras please let me know. :peace:
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Glad I had to cancel my trip yesterday and now can't make it to NY. Would have been waste of half day going to this crazy pop shop. Good luck everyone. Have fun at the show.

Dude, I am still bummed that you aren't gonna be there.
    Next year we def got to hang out.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

rival. said:

Bingo!
    Only 3 of the 4 though...
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    lolobugg said:

PP193448 said:

Yeah. Would've been great. But man NY is going to be busy with the pope and UN. Too many people for me. See you guys for the next tour. Some drinks on me...
    Have a great time guys. :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

PP193448 said:

Yeah. Would've been great. But man NY is going to be busy with the pope and UN. Too many people for me. See you guys for the next tour. Some drinks on me...
    Exact reason that we've decided not to attend either. Way too much mayhem for me to take in 1 day.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options

Bubba said:

Hologram.

They all have a different number so it shouldn't be too hard to tell how many are out there. My posters have sequential numbering.
    This is where I saw the explanation of the hologram:

insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2015/09/pearl-jam-global-citizens-new-york-posters.html

Here is the quote from the site:

In this digital age it seems like everything is being bootlegged and counterfeited. As far back as the 2003 tour there were counterfeit Pearl Jam posters for San Antonio and Mexico City and I was the one that figured it out with the help of another fan. He mentioned he thought something was off with a poster that he bought from someone in Mexico. I had bought a poster from the same guy and so I pulled out 2 of the Gorilla posters one of which I knew was real and compared them. Sure has hell the one from Mexico was fake. Sent the pictures to Ames and they confirmed it.

So starting with the New York posters every Pearl Jam poster will have a hologram sticker on the back of them. Posters sold at the concerts and posters sold by the artists will all have a sticker. The number is not an edition number but a serial number.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    The combination of people in this thread wanting limits on all the merch and the people begging for people to get them merch is so fucking entertaining.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,629
    They should do a 2016 Merchless Tour. See if anyone shows up.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:

Shit! Post of the day!
  • Options

lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

rival. said:

Bingo!
    Only 3 of the 4 though...
    Yeah. Well that's three more than I would've had sitting in my office in NC.
    Appreciate it, Chris!!!

now I hope you get the elusive autobots one tomorrow, or Thursday or Friday or Saturday or Sunday. can't believe that they won't restock these.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    RP112579 said:

The combination of people in this thread wanting limits on all the merch and the people begging for people to get them merch is so fucking entertaining.

Lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    badbrains said:

PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

PP193448 said:

Exact reason that we've decided not to attend either. Way too much mayhem for me to take in 1 day.
    The Pope leaves Saturday morning and the UN crap should be over by Saturday as well. It'll be just another Saturday in NY, which is bad enough.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Yep I understand the numbering system but again, you can see how many were printed by subtracting the numbers. I have 2 posters with sequential numbering so I can find someone else with higher and lower numbers and derive how many there are. If they did skip numbering then I could see it being more difficult but it appears that it isn't.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    RS151862 said:

Not sure the band would....and at this point, not really sure if they'd have to. They could just do pop up shops all around the country and not even tour and they'd make a fortune.
    Post edited by Bubba on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,268
    Bubba said:

Bubba said:

Hologram.

insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2015/09/pearl-jam-global-citizens-new-york-posters.html

In this digital age it seems like everything is being bootlegged and counterfeited. As far back as the 2003 tour there were counterfeit Pearl Jam posters for San Antonio and Mexico City and I was the one that figured it out with the help of another fan. He mentioned he thought something was off with a poster that he bought from someone in Mexico. I had bought a poster from the same guy and so I pulled out 2 of the Gorilla posters one of which I knew was real and compared them. Sure has hell the one from Mexico was fake. Sent the pictures to Ames and they confirmed it.

So starting with the New York posters every Pearl Jam poster will have a hologram sticker on the back of them. Posters sold at the concerts and posters sold by the artists will all have a sticker. The number is not an edition number but a serial number.
    Next comes the counterfeit hologram stickers lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634

cmalisze said:

I have to say....I am not terribly upset with people who flip. Everyone's time is worth money and I believe that to the fullest. So, if someone wants to spend an insane amount of time in line to purchase something to sell for a higher rate then so be it. They maybe made what....$15 or $20 per hour after they sell the item. For shows where the availability for specific items is the one or two days of an actual concert, I cannot hate. You wait in line and you reap the reward. That is life.

The issue for this setup is that it is a week long "event" in the biggest city in the U.S. roughly 4 days before the show. Most people are not even in town until the day or two before the actual concert. This allows for folks who have zero interest in PJ to purchase and sell just because they live in NYC and have time. Also limiting sales to each day do not help the cause because I guarantee those that had time to stand in line today and "flip" will have the same time tomorrow once they realize the profit they make today. I say limit purchases and over supply. This deters people from trying to make a buck.

I cannot speak negatively because I have sold something for more than I paid relating to PJ. Maybe it wasn't an immediate "flip" but, in the grand scheme of things even those selling a DK MSG poster or a PJ20 Billboard are essentially "flipping" provided they sell it for something more than they paid. Is there a time frame we should wait?

With that being said, I am hoping for some merch including all 4 posters because I do not arrive until Friday at 2PM in NYC which leaves me no time to dedicate to standing in line.

Guess I may have to pay someone for their time.

Regardless, I love the band and am very excited for Saturday.

I'm not upset with the flip per-se. I'm more annoyed that there was no limit to how much any one person could buy. With the hype the band put on this show, would have been nice for all these items to be limited to 1-2 per person so people could get them. It is that people could buy 20-30 hats, shirts, and posters that annoys me.

100% agree. Limit sales and over produce. Then in 5 years pack all the leftovers in a mystery box and problems solved. I think...
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,268
    MedozK said:

Best way for us to "Say No To Flippers" is for them to print A LOT. Increase that supply and fewer of us will have to go to flippers.

Pretty sure that stickers a fake! Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    wall232 said:

badbrains said:

PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

PP193448 said:

The Pope leaves Saturday morning and the UN crap should be over by Saturday as well. It'll be just another Saturday in NY, which is bad enough.
    true but still gonna be a shit show in the city
  • Options
    $75 for a Giants/PJ hat...with they way they've started the season??
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    edited September 2015
    the best way to limit flippers is what they did in 2009 with the pre order and over saturate the market with posters. Supply kicks demand's ass and no one is flipping anything. Of course this probably leaves way too many prints with the 10c but that's what future mystery tube sales are for ;)
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    badbrains said:

wall232 said:

badbrains said:

PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

PP193448 said:

true but still gonna be a shit show in the city
    It's always a shit show here. Lol
    NYPJ
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

THIS.

"Why would anyone buy more than one poster if they're not flipping?! Limits need to be 1 per person!"

"Hey if anyone is going tomorrow can you pick me up a poster?"

Can't have it both ways, people.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,922
    Bubba said:

Bubba said:

Hologram.

Sweet!