Options

Another Bullsh$@ Manufactured story to provoke the race card.

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Why are some of you so pro defendant and anti police? You guys seem to dismiss the facts and hold onto some us Against the establishment kinda vibe.
    Jose,unless the cops are invisible and snuck into a closed jail cell in front of many witnesses and cameras then she did this.No Magic bullet here.

Do you not see the race card get stroked here when there is ZERO to back it up.This is part of the divide,not part of what brings folks together.

So they have video of her actually hanging herself is that what your saying?
    Most of you would think the video is doctored anyway.
    I would think if the authorities have such video why wouldn't they present it to a Representative or family member to show them proof to squash any wrong doing on their part
    Would you like this family to get a payday for all their pain and suffering? If you do then that's why the police are not allowed to do it that way Sherlock. The offenders lawyers would have a shit-fit from not get their payday from this new tax payer sponcerd urban lottery.
    This isn't the first time you have made a borderline racist comment. Those kind of comments have no place on these boards.

What makes these kind of comments more scary is that they come from a police officer.

I'm with rgambs here, and I'm disappointed more people haven't called you out on it.
  • Options
    dignin said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Why are some of you so pro defendant and anti police? You guys seem to dismiss the facts and hold onto some us Against the establishment kinda vibe.
    Jose,unless the cops are invisible and snuck into a closed jail cell in front of many witnesses and cameras then she did this.No Magic bullet here.

Do you not see the race card get stroked here when there is ZERO to back it up.This is part of the divide,not part of what brings folks together.

I would think if the authorities have such video why wouldn't they present it to a Representative or family member to show them proof to squash any wrong doing on their part
    Would you like this family to get a payday for all their pain and suffering? If you do then that's why the police are not allowed to do it that way Sherlock. The offenders lawyers would have a shit-fit from not get their payday from this new tax payer sponcerd urban lottery.
    This isn't the first time you have made a borderline racist comment. Those kind of comments have no place on these boards.

What makes these kind of comments more scary is that they come from a police officer.

I'm with rgambs here, and I'm disappointed more people haven't called you out on it.
    You're both using context to make this claim (posting history). The comment you highlighted- when standing alone- is not racist in my opinion. And whether you care to admit it or not... there is an element of truth to it (although I understand the wording of it makes it hard to digest).

I took the comment as more a poke at ambulance chasing lawyers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    dignin said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

What part is racist? Im not seeing it and I'm in agreement that this is becoming the norm.

oh and the little angel was doing drugs in the pokey while enjoying her stay.Did the cops give those to her also?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    rr165892 said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

What part is racist? Im not seeing it and I'm in agreement that this is becoming the norm.

oh and the little angel was doing drugs in the pokey while enjoying her stay.Did the cops give those to her also?
    Oh, ouch!!

"...little angel was doing drugs in the pokey while enjoying her stay"??

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

This is not the first time for you to be trivializing peoples' deaths by calling their families ghetto and urban lottery winners, and it shows how little respect you have for life (not to mention the racial aspect). It is incredibly callous and is the sort of attitude one would expect from the sort of cop that's not to be trusted.
    When an officer dies in the line of duty and their family gets their government life insurance payout are they lottery winners?
    Not to anyone who has respect and dignity, anyone with a shred of honor and empathy remembers that these people were loved deeply by their mothers and their children.
    What the hell are you talking about? You have a problem w/ reality? Scratch that, I can tell you do. I was just answering This guy's question. I don't sugar coat pal, just laugh and try not to cry.

Before you get back on your high horse, do you know anything about this family? Other then what the news and liers are feeding you? How about this, let's start with a easy one, do you know where she and her are originally from?

And no, when an officer dies in the line of duty they usually get about 50k from city issurance. That wonderful human being who was locked up over 40 times in his life From New York got 5 fuckin MILLION!!!! Try again
    My point stands. You show zero respect for anyone you think is beneath you, and I am not the first person to suggest that your attitude is reprehensible at the least.
    It doesn't matter where they are from, do mothers and fathers love their children less in certain geographical areas?
    Reality? One person's reality is a another person's racist nightmare. Lottery winners. Bumpy Rides. That's sick.
    You do more to harm the reputation of police in America on these boards than anyone else.
    I am Sorry to put the reality into a unfortunate situation for everyone involved. I would think that the truth would be a welcome thing on here other than the "blame everyone else other than yourself "mentality that is so prevalent in today's soft as puppy shit society. You know, have you ever thought about politics? The blinders on mentality and the consistent defense of people who lack basic self control would warrant many many votes where I am from. You might really love my sanctuary shitty...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

This is not the first time for you to be trivializing peoples' deaths by calling their families ghetto and urban lottery winners, and it shows how little respect you have for life (not to mention the racial aspect). It is incredibly callous and is the sort of attitude one would expect from the sort of cop that's not to be trusted.
    When an officer dies in the line of duty and their family gets their government life insurance payout are they lottery winners?
    Not to anyone who has respect and dignity, anyone with a shred of honor and empathy remembers that these people were loved deeply by their mothers and their children.
    That couldn't be farther from the truth.
    Obviously I don't feel that way, considering ANY loved one's death a lottery win is disgusting to me.

dignin said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

You're both using context to make this claim (posting history). The comment you highlighted- when standing alone- is not racist in my opinion. And whether you care to admit it or not... there is an element of truth to it (although I understand the wording of it makes it hard to digest).

I took the comment as more a poke at ambulance chasing lawyers.
    Context is important. Lawyers haven't been mentioned.
    Urban lottery specifically evokes minority family members getting civil settlements and ghetto lottery is just a less euphemistic version.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    northern spiritnorthern spirit I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream Posts: 188
    rr165892 said:

dignin said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

I have a sincere question. Why do you continue to speak and phrase your posts in such negative,disrespectful tones.Sandra Bland was a young woman who passed away under sad, stressful circumstances.She deserves some dignity.Especially from those of us who only know of her from media reports and a forum on a rock band's website.We may not all agree but a least we are here and fortunate and lucky enough to have the luxury of hindsight.Some empathy is not a lot ask.

1993 08-18 Toronto ON CNE w/ Neil Young, Soundgarden
    1998 08-22 Barrie ON Molson Park
    2003 05-02 Buffalo NY HSBC, 06-28 Toronto ON Molson Amp.
    2004 10-02 Toledo OH Vote For Change w/ Neil Young
    2005 09-19 Toronto ON ACC, 09-13 Hamilton ON Copps, 09-11 Kitchener ON Memorial Gardens
    2006 05-10 Toronto ON ACC, 05-09 Toronto ON ACC
    2007 EV 09-11 Toronto ON Body of War TIFF Screening Isabel Bader Theatre - Grateful to have met Ed!!
    2008 EV 08-12 Toronto ON Massey Hall
    2009 08-21 Toronto ON Molson Amp.
    2010 05-10 Buffalo NY HSBC
    2011 09-15 Hamilton ON Copps, 09-11 Toronto ON ACC, 09-12 Toronto ON ACC,
    2011 EV 06-26 Detroit MI Fox Theatre
    2013 10-12 Buffalo NY First Niagara, 07-16 London ON Bud Gardens
    2016 05-10, 05-12 Toronto ON ACC
    2022 09-06 Hamilton ON First Ontario Centre
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Well Northern ,thank you for asking.
    Maybe because life isn't all rainbows and unicorns and cotton candy.Some of you continue to rally behind the supposed underdog and you don't know if that person is an asshole or not.Do you know if she was a good person? Her actions until her death don't support that.Some jump to the "Police must be guilty" stance just like in the Mike Brown case.Many on here were arguing he was just a good boy and his actions(assault and trying to take a gun from a cop) didn't warrant the police response.ooops,how did that work out?

Bland didn't die under "sad,stressful circumstances". She died by her own hand.She was obviously sick and needed help.This I understand.She created her reality and chose a path that was hers alone.I feel empathy for her family and friends who now have that wound on their soul,because this young lady was troubled and took the path she did.I don't blame the police,I don't blame the officer who pulled her over and I don't blame whoever shared drugs with her while locked up.This is hers to own all by herself.Yeah it's sad,but you know what ,my sadness energy is being used on those who are fighting for life and value it.Im not making light of mental illness.In this case I just don't get the huge unfounded support.

Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited July 2015
    How many previous -suicides- has this specific prison had before? (Does anyone know?)
    -
    As far as the Video/Traffic stop goes. Well, the video (sorta) speaks for itself. I'm not sure what the major debate is about.
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    How you doing Idris? How's O-town?

I think there was a death a couple years ago.But many jails could say the same.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I wish I could just "like" a post instead of doing this. But I liked your response rr to that question.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    rr165892 said:

Well Northern ,thank you for asking.
    Maybe because life isn't all rainbows and unicorns and cotton candy.Some of you continue to rally behind the supposed underdog and you don't know if that person is an asshole or not.Do you know if she was a good person? Her actions until her death don't support that.Some jump to the "Police must be guilty" stance just like in the Mike Brown case.Many on here were arguing he was just a good boy and his actions(assault and trying to take a gun from a cop) didn't warrant the police response.ooops,how did that work out?

Bland didn't die under "sad,stressful circumstances". She died by her own hand.She was obviously sick and needed help.This I understand.She created her reality and chose a path that was hers alone.I feel empathy for her family and friends who now have that wound on their soul,because this young lady was troubled and took the path she did.I don't blame the police,I don't blame the officer who pulled her over and I don't blame whoever shared drugs with her while locked up.This is hers to own all by herself.Yeah it's sad,but you know what ,my sadness energy is being used on those who are fighting for life and value it.Im not making light of mental illness.In this case I just don't get the huge unfounded support.

I'm seriously asking because I haven't heard about the alleged drug use while in jail. Are you referring to the weed they found in her system? Marijuana can stay in your system for quite a bit longer than the 3 days she was locked up for.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    rr165892 said:

How you doing Idris? How's O-town?

I think there was a death a couple years ago.But many jails could say the same.

Hey Dude!

Indeed, many jails could say the same..Which is why hanging someone and saying that it's a suicide makes sense. As a potential cover. I'm not saying thats what happened, but its something to think about. Nevertheless they (the FBI) are doing a full investigation. I'll trust the results.
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    I'm aware of the staying power of THC in the system and I don't have a problem with anyone who smokes pot.I don't look at it like a Narcotic,in fact I find it a beneficial herb with many positive attributes.
    That said if she was able to obtain smoke while incarcerated (So says the M.E) then that is just another questionable character issue she possesses.It also shows she had plenty of freedom while in lock up and wasn't under the heavy hand of the jailersas some are accusing.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Lots of film coming out tonight .Nothing that would indicate her stay was anything other then routine and she was treated safe and fair.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,931
    For people who believe this wasn't a suicide.

You believe this was murder?
    You believe she was murdered by police, and this is all a cover up?
    What would be motive? Why would she be murdered?
    You believe she was murdered, and the police honestly believe they could get away with it?
    Or do you believe she was intentionally neglected? And her 3 days of neglect caused her to pass away?
    What do you believe?
    What might have happened?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    rr165892 said:

I'm aware of the staying power of THC in the system and I don't have a problem with anyone who smokes pot.I don't look at it like a Narcotic,in fact I find it a beneficial herb with many positive attributes.
    That said if she was able to obtain smoke while incarcerated (So says the M.E) then that is just another questionable character issue she possesses.It also shows she had plenty of freedom while in lock up and wasn't under the heavy hand of the jailersas some are accusing.

Sure. I just hadn't read where that was implied or confirmed. Interesting if that is the case. 3 days in and she already had a hook up.
  • Options

rr165892 said:

Sure. I just hadn't read where that was implied or confirmed. Interesting if that is the case. 3 days in and she already had a hook up.
    Hence my comment about her being a little angel.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Lots of film coming out tonight .Nothing that would indicate her stay was anything other then routine and she was treated safe and fair.

Well that's good to hear.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    What I want to know is, how in the world do you hang yourself, or get hanged, with a plastic bag? That must have been some Hefty cinch sac. I don't mean to make light of this person's death. I just can't imagine that I would look at a plastic bag and say to myself, "That's it. That bag right there is going to take me out of my misery. I'm going to hang myself with it." I mean, if all I had was a plastic bag, I think suffocation would be my go-to method, not hanging. How is a plastic bag strong enough to hold a person's weight long enough to choke, unless it's made of some industrial strength material. What was a bag like that doing in her cell? I guess the crime scene investigators will be able to piece that together. Makes no sense to me.
    And before anyone goes off on me for being insensitive, please know that I have been suffering with bipolar disorder my whole life, so I do understand suicidal despair and how most successful suicides occur spontaneously and irrationally. I just don't get the physics of the plastic bag.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

What I want to know is, how in the world do you hang yourself, or get hanged, with a plastic bag? That must have been some Hefty cinch sac. I don't mean to make light of this person's death. I just can't imagine that I would look at a plastic bag and say to myself, "That's it. That bag right there is going to take me out of my misery. I'm going to hang myself with it." I mean, if all I had was a plastic bag, I think suffocation would be my go-to method, not hanging. How is a plastic bag strong enough to hold a person's weight long enough to choke, unless it's made of some industrial strength material. What was a bag like that doing in her cell? I guess the crime scene investigators will be able to piece that together. Makes no sense to me.
    And before anyone goes off on me for being insensitive, please know that I have been suffering with bipolar disorder my whole life, so I do understand suicidal despair and how most successful suicides occur spontaneously and irrationally. I just don't get the physics of the plastic bag.

If it is a lawn bag and it is twisted up it's going to be plenty strong enough. Commercial bags are pretty thin, but might still be strong enough. It would have to be longer than a regular kitchen-sized bag I would think.
    I saw a photo that was supposedly the crime scene and there were some discrepancies sursurrrounding the trash bag and other details. I wouldnt vvouch for that info, it was just a meme so it as likely to be bullshit as not, but it does provide a window into what the conspiracy theorists are thinking.
    I really haven't done the research on this, so at
    I will wait for the real evidence before I pass judgement on whether she killed herself or the other, entirely unlikely scenario took place.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I'm not passing judgment now or later. Right now they say it was a suicide, so that's good enough for me. If they change their mind later, that will be good enough for me as well. To be honest, I'm so over the constant media surveillance of everything that's wrong in this world. I'm expected to care about every single injustice on the planet because it's thrown in my face incessantly. Again, not trying to be insensitive, just honest . . . what does this case really matter to me or anyone who isn't directly involved? Will my knowing for sure if it's a suicide versus a murder really change anything in my daily routine? No, not really. That's the sad but honest truth. For that reason alone, I don't think it's necessary for me to judge or get all fired up about any position at all. I've reached my limit on how much I can filter when it comes to everyone else's mess. The most I can care about is the plastic bag because it's an interesting science question.
  • Options
    You could hang yourself with a Wal-Mart bag. Plastic is a strong material.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    The whole drug thing is plain stupid and just a way to smear her character. Whether she was passed a hit off a joint or a swig off a flask of whiskey it's all pretty much the same thing.

• Options
    Doesn't look like she was dead to me during the mugshot. Seems pretty silly now to accuse the cops of murdering this woman. But, I'm sure the arresting officer will still take the heat. Even though he shouldn't.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

The whole drug thing is plain stupid and just a way to smear her character. Whether she was passed a hit off a joint or a swig off a flask of whiskey it's all pretty much the same thing.

she smeared her own Character just fine.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

eddiec said:

she smeared her own Character just fine.
    It's not her fault, it's not her Fault!!!
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited July 2015
    Is there enough evidence that this is her fault and no one else's yet?
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457

Is there enough evidence that this is her fault and no one else's yet?

yes Muskydan & rr & LASTEXIT10 said so lol ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    They released video of her being booked so that ends truther scenario A, that the cops killed her before reaching the station.