Options

Another Bullsh$@ Manufactured story to provoke the race card.

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,374

rr165892 said:

Why are some of you so pro defendant and anti police? You guys seem to dismiss the facts and hold onto some us Against the establishment kinda vibe.
    Jose,unless the cops are invisible and snuck into a closed jail cell in front of many witnesses and cameras then she did this.No Magic bullet here.

Do you not see the race card get stroked here when there is ZERO to back it up.This is part of the divide,not part of what brings folks together.

So they have video of her actually hanging herself is that what your saying?
    Most of you would think the video is doctored anyway.
    I would think if the authorities have such video why wouldn't they present it to a Representative or family member to show them proof to squash any wrong doing on their part
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,374
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Why are some of you so pro defendant and anti police? You guys seem to dismiss the facts and hold onto some us Against the establishment kinda vibe.
    Jose,unless the cops are invisible and snuck into a closed jail cell in front of many witnesses and cameras then she did this.No Magic bullet here.

Do you not see the race card get stroked here when there is ZERO to back it up.This is part of the divide,not part of what brings folks together.

i don't think so.
    Ok
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Regardless of what the family does and dosent know.Im sure they are posturing for a civil suit at the tail end of this.They will have grounds and will get a payday.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited July 2015
    I'll echo what I said before. No one is responsible for her death but her self. Thousands are arrested daily. Not all kill them selves. Anyone decides to do so, regardless of reason, it's on them. Period.

Again, not one other mention of the white man who was killed due from suffocation by police negligence. If he was black the whole situation would be different, same with if bland was white.

It's manufactured race war bullshit by the media, to have us clash with one another when shit hits the fan, opposed to us banding together and fighting the people making decisions. Think about this!
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    edited July 2015
    Is there any indication at all that this girl did not kill herself? I understand the frustration with the arrest but I don't see where the suspicion that she was murdered is coming from.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    JimmyV said:

Is there any indication at all that this girl did not kill herself? I understand the frustration with the arrest but I don't see where the suspicion that she was murdered is coming from.

That's easy. People hate cops and think they are the devils minions.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,219

JimmyV said:

in many cases they are. the cops deserve every bit of criticism they receive.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Also in many cases cops receive unwarranted criticism.

The attitude almost parallels that of a racist: no matter what the circumstances... people rush to judgement because of the inherent bias that exists within them. Then they'll either deny doing so or justify doing so despite the fact that the fact pattern clearly yields something contrary to their assertions.

We've got reasonable people on here stating they know this woman never hung herself. So, in other words, they are saying they know cops killed her by hanging her in her cell. They ignore the fact that this woman had frequently talked of killing herself, was clinically depressed, and was acting erratic at a routine traffic stop... to paint the police as murderers.

Yikes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

JimmyV said:

The attitude almost parallels that of a racist: no matter what the circumstances... people rush to judgement because of the inherent bias that exists within them. Then they'll either deny doing so or justify doing so despite the fact that the fact pattern clearly yields something contrary to their assertions.

We've got reasonable people on here stating they know this woman never hung herself. So, in other words, they are saying they know cops killed her by hanging her in her cell. They ignore the fact that this woman had frequently talked of killing herself, was clinically depressed, and was acting erratic at a routine traffic stop... to paint the police as murderers.

Yikes.
    It will be interesting to see how quickly this trade dies when the facts come out and support the cops.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Yikes.
    It will be interesting to see how quickly this trade dies when the facts come out and support the cops.
    My prediction: slowly... with trace elements of denial.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Yikes.
    how does smoking a cigarette come off as being erratic.

did anybody watch the part of the video when the cop came flying up on her ass and she got over to get out of his way? i doubt she had time to think about signaling to change lanes.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,836
    edited July 2015

JimmyV said:

I agree- looking at the huge number of police abuse situations that happen routinely and often, that criticism is deserved.

I would very much like to be supportive of cops and would be if these kinds of things weren't so prevalent. These people are in professional positions and should act like it. If my doctor treated me like a dick I would find another one. If my banker acted like an asshole I would bank elsewhere. If my hair cutter gave me shit I would find someone else willing to do the job nicely. We pay the wages and the job comes with a great deal of responsibility. It's a difficult job, no doubt, and if done right I'm all for paying excellent compensatory wages and giving high praise. But in general my own experience with cops is such that I have a difficult time being supportive. Otherwise I would be. I really would.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,716

JimmyV said:

Absolutely not. Not for me, anyway. The suspicion is coming from all over the place (and it's already been discussed). I have simply considered all of the information available and just genuinely feel like something in this very specific case stinks. That's all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Yikes.

did anybody watch the part of the video when the cop came flying up on her ass and she got over to get out of his way? i doubt she had time to think about signaling to change lanes.
    Really? This is your comment?

You gloss over her horrible demeanour to imply this all happened because she was smoking.

And when I say this all happened... I mean to imply 'a trip to jail'. Her suicide was her own doing- it had nothing to do with the cop that pulled her over.

Hey... I feel badly that this woman was so troubled she took her own life. This is a very unfortunate incident; however, I'm not attributing any portion of blame towards the arresting officer. The trip to the jail might have been a triggering event, but let's get serious... it was not the root of her troubles.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

JimmyV said:

I agree- looking at the huge number of police abuse situations that happen routinely and often, that criticism is deserved.

I would very much like to be supportive of cops and would be if these kinds of things weren't so prevalent. These people are in professional positions and should act like it. If my doctor treated me like a dick I would find another one. If my banker acted like an asshole I would bank elsewhere. If my hair cutter gave me shit I would find someone else willing to do the job nicely. We pay the wages and the job comes with a great deal of responsibility. It's a difficult job, no doubt, and if done right I'm all for paying excellent compensatory wages and giving high praise. But in general my own experience with cops is such that I have a difficult time being supportive. Otherwise I would be. I really would.

But would you say many hair cutters or bankers or doctors are dicks because of a small set of experiences?

Perhaps it's a stretch and I'm not calling you racist (actually sucks to have to qualify what I want to say with that BS line), but isn't this view similar to those who've had a handful of bad experiences with a certain race or sexual orientation or religion or what have you, and saying because of that limited view, it's tough to support them?

It's not like the beautiful side of any of these examples haven't been shown and shined as much as the shitty ones.

• Options
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

JimmyV said:

But would you say many hair cutters or bankers or doctors are dicks because of a small set of experiences?

Perhaps it's a stretch and I'm not calling you racist (actually sucks to have to qualify what I want to say with that BS line), but isn't this view similar to those who've had a handful of bad experiences with a certain race or sexual orientation or religion or what have you, and saying because of that limited view, it's tough to support them?

It's not like the beautiful side of any of these examples haven't been shown and shined as much as the shitty ones.

no it is not similar at all. certain races and sexual orientation are not professions that one chooses to go into.

something similar would be me saying "most professional football players are assholes" because of my experience with a few players on one nfl team.

• Options

JimmyV said:

Yikes.

You gloss over her horrible demeanour to imply this all happened because she was smoking.

And when I say this all happened... I mean to imply 'a trip to jail'. Her suicide was her own doing- it had nothing to do with the cop that pulled her over.

Hey... I feel badly that this woman was so troubled she took her own life. This is a very unfortunate incident; however, I'm not attributing any portion of blame towards the arresting officer. The trip to the jail might have been a triggering event, but let's get serious... it was not the root of her troubles.
    i am not glossing over anything. the cop escalated the situation.

i am not saying the cops murdered her while in custody. all i am saying is they failed to protect her while in custody. did her friends and family specifically state she was not suicidal?

i am not suicidal, but if i die in a jail cell i want that shit investigated and not just whitewashed like it always seems to be.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    If you wrap a bag around your neck and hit the rafters then it would be a pretty straight forward investigation.Just like the Bland case.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    How about we let the investigation finish.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

rr165892 said:

I would think if the authorities have such video why wouldn't they present it to a Representative or family member to show them proof to squash any wrong doing on their part
    Would you like this family to get a payday for all their pain and suffering? If you do then that's why the police are not allowed to do it that way Sherlock. The offenders lawyers would have a shit-fit from not get their payday from this new tax payer sponcerd urban lottery.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

no it is not similar at all. certain races and sexual orientation are not professions that one chooses to go into.

something similar would be me saying "most professional football players are assholes" because of my experience with a few players on one nfl team.

Fucking quotes!

It actually is similar, gimme. It's painting a group of people as X based on limited experience.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

JimmyV said:

I'm not sure "racist" is the right word. Maybe "occupationist"?

No, I know I should not joke here. The thing is, my experience combined with all of those that have read or heard over a good span of years (sorry if that's pulling the age card)-- all of that is what I base my opinions on. And remember, I did start the "good cop" thread as a place to both relate good cop experiences (I did that there) and encourage good cop behavior.

Like I said, it's a profession that requires (or should require) a high level of professionalism. I expect that of those who go into the field just as I expect my doctor to not be brutal when checking my prostate or my banker to not miscount and pocket some of my money or my hair cutter to not not park her gum on my scalp. And I'm not saying all cops are bad BUT, with my own experiences and all those I've heard about, in general, I do not trust them.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

brianlux said:

JimmyV said:

No, I know I should not joke here. The thing is, my experience combined with all of those that have read or heard over a good span of years (sorry if that's pulling the age card)-- all of that is what I base my opinions on. And remember, I did start the "good cop" thread as a place to both relate good cop experiences (I did that there) and encourage good cop behavior.

Like I said, it's a profession that requires (or should require) a high level of professionalism. I expect that of those who go into the field just as I expect my doctor to not be brutal when checking my prostate or my banker to not miscount and pocket some of my money or my hair cutter to not not park her gum on my scalp. And I'm not saying all cops are bad BUT, with my own experiences and all those I've heard about, in general, I do not trust them.

That's quite fine and a normal attitude. Police don't trust most so no worries.
    Hey, Next time you see your Doctor or banker ask them at any point in time do they fear for their life with their everyday work duties....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited July 2015
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Would you like this family to get a payday for all their pain and suffering? If you do then that's why the police are not allowed to do it that way Sherlock. The offenders lawyers would have a shit-fit from not get their payday from this new tax payer sponcerd urban lottery.
    This is not the first time for you to be trivializing peoples' deaths by calling their families ghetto and urban lottery winners, and it shows how little respect you have for life (not to mention the racial aspect). It is incredibly callous and is the sort of attitude one would expect from the sort of cop that's not to be trusted.
    When an officer dies in the line of duty and their family gets their government life insurance payout are they lottery winners?
    Not to anyone who has respect and dignity, anyone with a shred of honor and empathy remembers that these people were loved deeply by their mothers and their children.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

brianlux said:

JimmyV said:

That's quite fine and a normal attitude. Police don't trust most so no worries.
    Hey, Next time you see your Doctor or banker ask them at any point in time do they fear for their life with their everyday work duties....
    Apples and oranges, Dan. No, I really doubt my doctor or banker fear for their lives at work. I get it that being a cop is dangerous work and because of that, they are naturally going to be inclined to be wary of who they are dealing with. But that does not excuse being unprofessional or abusive. Does the average person (like me) deserve to be treated unprofessionally or be abused? No. And like I said, I've had a few good interactions with cops as well as the bad ones and it's very easy for me to tell you which of those officers were acting professionally. I never deserved the abuse I received during the negative encounters, ever. Same goes for others with similar experiences. Like I said, cops should be well paid for what they do and given respect for that work but only if they act professionally and treat people with respect when respect is deserved. Otherwise maybe the person inclined to being brutal when it is not warranted might want to get another job or become a mercenary or a thug or something that fits that individual's type of behavior.

In any case, I will always stand up for the cop who is professional and fair.

• Options

JimmyV said:

Yikes.

i am not glossing over anything. the cop escalated the situation.

i am not saying the cops murdered her while in custody. all i am saying is they failed to protect her while in custody. did her friends and family specifically state she was not suicidal?

i am not suicidal, but if i die in a jail cell i want that shit investigated and not just whitewashed like it always seems to be.
    We'll have to disagree as to who was responsible for escalating the situation. I would agree that the cop certainly took the bait, but it was Bland who pushed matters in my mind.

I am not inclined to blame the cops for not catching the suicide in time. People can own their behaviours- she can take responsibility for killing herself (unless... of course... the investigation reveals that Texas law officers decided they needed to go hang a black woman for some reason).

We can agree on an investigation- I'm not sure anybody on this thread has suggested otherwise. Will we agree on the findings of the investigation though? If it is discovered that Texas has it's own version of Apartheid and offering suicide as explanations for deaths of prisoners while in jail... I'll grab my pitchfork and walk beside you. If it is discovered that Bland took her life as she said on multiple occasions she would... will you place your pitchfork down?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

This is not the first time for you to be trivializing peoples' deaths by calling their families ghetto and urban lottery winners, and it shows how little respect you have for life (not to mention the racial aspect). It is incredibly callous and is the sort of attitude one would expect from the sort of cop that's not to be trusted.
    When an officer dies in the line of duty and their family gets their government life insurance payout are they lottery winners?
    Not to anyone who has respect and dignity, anyone with a shred of honor and empathy remembers that these people were loved deeply by their mothers and their children.
    What the hell are you talking about? You have a problem w/ reality? Scratch that, I can tell you do. I was just answering This guy's question. I don't sugar coat pal, just laugh and try not to cry.

Before you get back on your high horse, do you know anything about this family? Other then what the news and liers are feeding you? How about this, let's start with a easy one, do you know where she and her are originally from?

And no, when an officer dies in the line of duty they usually get about 50k from city issurance. That wonderful human being who was locked up over 40 times in his life From New York got 5 fuckin MILLION!!!! Try again
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

That couldn't be farther from the truth.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

What the hell are you talking about? You have a problem w/ reality? Scratch that, I can tell you do. I was just answering This guy's question. I don't sugar coat pal, just laugh and try not to cry.

Before you get back on your high horse, do you know anything about this family? Other then what the news and liers are feeding you? How about this, let's start with a easy one, do you know where she and her are originally from?

And no, when an officer dies in the line of duty they usually get about 50k from city issurance. That wonderful human being who was locked up over 40 times in his life From New York got 5 fuckin MILLION!!!! Try again
    My point stands. You show zero respect for anyone you think is beneath you, and I am not the first person to suggest that your attitude is reprehensible at the least.
    It doesn't matter where they are from, do mothers and fathers love their children less in certain geographical areas?
    Reality? One person's reality is a another person's racist nightmare. Lottery winners. Bumpy Rides. That's sick.
    You do more to harm the reputation of police in America on these boards than anyone else.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

My point stands. You show zero respect for anyone you think is beneath you, and I am not the first person to suggest that your attitude is reprehensible at the least.
    It doesn't matter where they are from, do mothers and fathers love their children less in certain geographical areas?
    Reality? One person's reality is a another person's racist nightmare. Lottery winners. Bumpy Rides. That's sick.
    You do more to harm the reputation of police in America on these boards than anyone else.
    Your point isn't as strong as you think.

Aside from your personal view on Musky's character- which doesn't really have a place here- in some places... parents do not love their children as much as others. Daughters in many places around the world do not fare very well at all and are considered a burden. So... yes... mothers and fathers in certain geographical areas do not love their children as much as parents in other areas.