Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    But these are pre-orders and it doesn't sound like there'll be a "limited supply upon release" but then again, you never know.

ARGH! Details...we need them.

At least there's some time available between now and when the presale ends.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    hrd2imgn said:

okay, is this show even worth it? I saw some video and the guest singers sans CC were nothing to get excited about. So realistically, is this a good show- Mike aside

I like Jeff Angell and Kim Virant is pretty bad ass. And having Duff and Chris fill in on Mad Season? What more do you want!!! Not to mention Matt, Jeff and of course Mike.

What I'm most excited about is that these guys are all friends who emerged from the Seattle music scene. So much loss collectively experienced, I can't imagine the emotions they were channeling into the music that night. And so cool that they all came together to support their good friend Mike.

I don't normally get show envy but I really wish I could have made this one.

So yea, I think this would be a good show for me to have on vinyl. I haven't seen any YouTube videos or even reading reviews but I know I have to have it.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    hrd2imgn said:

okay, is this show even worth it? I saw some video and the guest singers sans CC were nothing to get excited about. So realistically, is this a good show- Mike aside

Here's my stress of it.

If I buy it now and then it's so-so, at least I can add to the collection.
    If I buy it now and it's fantastic, awesome!
    If I don't buy it now and it's limited to presales plus "a few extras", then could I be kicking myself for passing on something being re-sold for $300?
    If I buy it now and it's limited release and $300, then I can play the "look what I have" card while not flipping it and holding on to a gem.

See what I mean?

It's Pearl Jam Roulette!...and it isn't a whole lot of fun.

...but it doesn't sound like a vault "buy it now or regret it later" as it sounds like there should be a somewhat-easy-to-obtain supply after the release date...for both selections. Am I right? It sounds like a "buy it now, or buy it later...for a reasonable amount of time, similar to Lightning Bolt, Backspacer, or most anything else."

I'd actually NOT buy it now...if I could be assured that I won't have to hunt like crazy to get one later on.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,898

hrd2imgn said:

Here's my stress of it.

If I don't buy it now and it's limited to presales plus "a few extras", then could I be kicking myself for passing on something being re-sold for $300?
    If I buy it now and it's limited release and $300, then I can play the "look what I have" card while not flipping it and holding on to a gem.

See what I mean?

...but it doesn't sound like a vault "buy it now or regret it later" as it sounds like there should be a somewhat-easy-to-obtain supply after the release date...for both selections. Am I right? It sounds like a "buy it now, or buy it later...for a reasonable amount of time, similar to Lightning Bolt, Backspacer, or most anything else."

I'd actually NOT buy it now...if I could be assured that I won't have to hunt like crazy to get one later on.

Geez. You either want to spin this on your turntable or you don't. What's the problem?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    This album is $30...
    My bar bill at The Crafty Pint was close to $40 tonight!!!
    No brainer if you ask me :wink:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

This album is $30...

Ha!...one heck of a bar bill. Then again, $40 isn't anything if you're Eddie. :tongue:

You missed out on seeing the Roberto Clemente wine close up and hearing the story I heard!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

hrd2imgn said:

Here's my stress of it.

See what I mean?

That made my head spin :confounded: So what's the downside to buying it now again? It sounds like you want it at some point!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582

derbydave said:

This album is $30...

Ha!...one heck of a bar bill. Then again, $40 isn't anything if you're Eddie. :tongue:

You missed out on seeing the Roberto Clemente wine close up and hearing the story I heard!
    You must not drunk very much. :lol: If my bar bill is $40 I'm practically proud of myself, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I've never seen a record buying decision be over-dramatized so much. If you want it, buy it!
  • Options
    I can't believe the debate over buying a record. Some of you need to get ahold of your PJ (or PJ related) merchandise obsession. I think the only reason you are waffling on buying is because the debate on whether or not it will be valuable or not later on. What a joke, frickin' GREEN DISEASE, man.

I liked Mad Season, so guess what... I bought both...from 10C, where I saw it up for sale. I know I'm guaranteed to get it. Eventually :wink:

Also, why would Santos tell you where else you can buy a product. He works for 10C, why send profits to another retailer? All Santos needs to tell you is that it's available from 10C, you want to roll the dice on another vendor, that's your choice.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but some of these gripes are ridiculous to me. :anguished:
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    edited July 2015
    Its easy to say for you guys. This record will be $80 for me or more. If it's retail only $30. I live in Europe so that's my problem money isn't growing on my back in fact.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited July 2015
    I just want to know if it was a good overall sounding show. And yes I pulled the trigger, I am weak when it comes to vinyl. I guess for me people emulating Layne's unreal performance on this record, just sort of itches me a little. Some things should stay they way they were originally, and I sometimes feel this was especially due to Layne's fate, one of those things. I am not big on tryinh to sing what rally only Layne could sing.

HOWEVER---The essence of what they were doing originally is definitely there, so I guess that is what really matters. Coming together to fight what led Layne and Barrett could not defeat is what.matters.
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302

I can't believe the debate over buying a record. Some of you need to get ahold of your PJ (or PJ related) merchandise obsession. I think the only reason you are waffling on buying is because the debate on whether or not it will be valuable or not later on. What a joke, frickin' GREEN DISEASE, man.

I liked Mad Season, so guess what... I bought both...from 10C, where I saw it up for sale. I know I'm guaranteed to get it. Eventually :wink:

Also, why would Santos tell you where else you can buy a product. He works for 10C, why send profits to another retailer? All Santos needs to tell you is that it's available from 10C, you want to roll the dice on another vendor, that's your choice.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but some of these gripes are ridiculous to me. :anguished:

Not exactly my situation. I just finished my PhD, which I enjoyed for a day before realizing finding an actual job would be damn near impossible. I'm about as poor as I've ever been, so I can't buy these now. I'd like know if they will be around for awhile while I job hunt
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    PJ20 was available on Amazon right? How easy is that one to find again...?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Broke the ice and bought it.
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371

Take into considering the shipping costs associated with this as well as the currency conversion for those outside the USA and people may prefer to walk down to the local record shop.

Simmer it down Superunknown!
  • Options

Its easy to say for you guys. This record will be $80 for me or more. If it's retail only $30. I live in Europe so that's my problem money isn't growing on my back in fact.

Yes. I don't really think this is about anything other than people trying to save money. If you're agonizing over an $5 difference or whatever, yeah, that's weird. But for those outside of the US, the conversion and shipping and duty can be huge.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    edited July 2015

I work for a company which runs a retail presence, as well as a distribution company. Our retail presence has exclusives on some products, but not all (just like Ten Club). Whether a customer called our distribution company or our retail environment, both would know what the situation would be per SKU, and wouldn't pussyfoot around (or risk pissing of customers over) where a customer can get the product. If they blatantly ignored a customer's request about where they could get the product, they would in fact be written up over the abysmal customer service they left a customer with.

Pearl Jam the distribution company makes retail + wholesale profit if a customer buys from 10C, wholesale profit if they buy from Amazon, and none if they buy from neither. Ten Club are taking a gamble that people would buy from Ten Club with an inferior price/service offering over just not buying at all, but especially now with a strong US dollar (and for the case of Canada, a weak Canadian dollar), they are placing a bad bet if you ask me. The service ramifications are obvious (purposely providing silence and ambiguity is always a pathetically bad and inconsiderate customer service decision), and the loss on potential profit will become obvious to them over time.

I preordered from Amazon Canada. If it doesn't come, it doesn't come. At least I don't end up having to pay a premium for poor communication, up-front payment, and a late product. Pre-conversion with Ten Club shipping was too expensive - post-conversion is significantly so.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    It is really strange that Santos won't even say of it's retail or not or whether there is a limited supply (or say that they aren't sure yet and more info to follow, at least), given that people are asking... but maybe he's on vacation or something?? :i_dunno: I agree that the communication from 10C to members is really lacking. 10C is generally coming off as unfriendly towards members in the past few years IMO..... They must be really sick of us.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    benjs said:

I work for a company which runs a retail presence, as well as a distribution company. Our retail presence has exclusives on some products, but not all (just like Ten Club). Whether a customer called our distribution company or our retail environment, both would know what the situation would be per SKU, and wouldn't pussyfoot around (or risk pissing of customers over) where a customer can get the product. If they blatantly ignored a customer's request about where they could get the product, they would in fact be written up over the abysmal customer service they left a customer with.

Pearl Jam the distribution company makes retail + wholesale profit if a customer buys from 10C, wholesale profit if they buy from Amazon, and none if they buy from neither. Ten Club are taking a gamble that people would buy from Ten Club with an inferior price/service offering over just not buying at all, but especially now with a strong US dollar (and for the case of Canada, a weak Canadian dollar), they are placing a bad bet if you ask me. The service ramifications are obvious (purposely providing silence and ambiguity is always a pathetically bad and inconsiderate customer service decision), and the loss on potential profit will become obvious to them over time.

I preordered from Amazon Canada. If it doesn't come, it doesn't come. At least I don't end up having to pay a premium for poor communication, up-front payment, and a late product. Pre-conversion with Ten Club shipping was too expensive - post-conversion is significantly so.
    I too, am a wholesaler/distributor; so I understand the supply/distribution/retail relationship. However, in my industry the retailer would never direct someone to another retail source. And as the distributor I would lead someone away from my retail sources.

But I will concede that different industries have different standards and not assume to know PJ's supply/distribution network.

And I understand exchange rates and shipping charges drive these prices up for some more than others, but it is a luxury purchase. If someone really wants it, you are gonna have to mitigate that expense. Sorry and don't mean offend anyone, but that's just reality.
  • Options
    Meant to say WOULDNT lead someone away from my retail source. Sorry.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    scurtis said:

That's where I got my copy.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917

scurtis said:

That's where I got my copy.

One of my orders from Amazon Canada came through. But an order with Amazon USA didn't. And the weird thing is I had ordered with Amazon USA when it first went on sale. With Amazon Canada, I placed an order with them just a day or 2 before it became unavailable.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917
    @pearljam - You can now pre-order Mad Season/Seattle Symphony “Sonic Evolution” live at Benaroya Hall on iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sonic-evolution-january-30/id1016688781 .

Let's hope they release this show in 24Bit Flac-HD. *crossing fingers
  • Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 138
    Maybe if they packaged this as a vinyl pre-sale for mystery live show, everyone would buy it. My wife and I were fortunate to make this one--one of our favorite shows ever. So glad the powers that be decided to publish this one. Might buy an extra or two for holiday giving.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    No longer up in the shop. Live at the Moore LP is still available though.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options

missed out, I was waiting for payday tomorrow as it didn't mention ltd qty

Same thing happened to me.
    Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow Virginia, 7-1-2003; Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wisconsin, 3-9-2011 & 4-9-2011; Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica, 11-20-2011; 02 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic, 7-2-2012; 02 World, Berlin, Germany, 7-4-2012; Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden, 7-7-2012; Oslo Spektrum, Norway, 7-9-2012; Forum, Copenhagen, Denmark, 7-10-2012; 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore, Maryland, 10-27-2013; Global Citizen Festival, NYC, 9-26-2015; Foro Sol, México D.F., 11-28-2015; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-01-2016; Madison Square Garden, NYC, 05-02-2016; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington, 8-8-2018; Safeco Field, Seattle, Washington 8-10-2018.
    http://livefootsteps.org/USER/?USR=1225

• Options
    quasi said:

No longer up in the shop. Live at the Moore LP is still available though.

Well that sucks. Did they ever give us a pre-sale end date?
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    No. But looks like they were up for exactly a two week time period from July 10-24 (today). Still strange Santos never answered if they would be available in retail shops like he did regarding the Moore release. I guess all will be answered in about a month. Also, still available for pre-order at several outlets like Amazon, etc.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    quasi said:

No. But looks like they were up for exactly a two week time period from July 10-24 (today). Still strange Santos never answered if they would be available in retail shops like he did regarding the Moore release. I guess all will be answered in about a month. Also, still available for pre-order at several outlets like Amazon, etc.

Still would be nice if they would've said when the pre-sale ends. Oh well. Guess I'll try and find somewhere else to buy