Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    jjflash said:

#23daystogo !!!

Crap, it's coming up soon! I am pumped! Can't beat a free show in Central Park featuring Pearl Jam! Obviously it would be amazing to throw in some rarities in there, but if not, oh well. Just excited to make it another year of seeing my favorite band.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831
    I'd love to know what time they go on. I'm working till 4. Luck if I get there by 530. Hope I don't miss anything. I did drop $250 each on tickets. It'd be nice to know lol.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    It's so goddamn crazy that I am still sweating out how I am gonna get into this thing. I'm praying I win one of the remaining lotto drawings, and if I don't win, I'm gonna need to head up to CP early as hell on the 26th with a pocket full of cash and compete with a bazillion other people looking to do the same thing. Fucking sucks.

Goddamn the fact that other than shelling out over $700 for a secondary market VIP ticket there is no way to assure yourself admission into this concert right now.

Well, to anyone with extra VIP passes I just locked up two sets of 2 full playoff strips for the Mets in the Promenade right behind the plate, which I would be willing to barter for a VIP pass/passes. Come October (God willing) they are gonna be the hottest tickets in the whole city.

Let's go Mets!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I'd love to know what time they go on. I'm working till 4. Luck if I get there by 530. Hope I don't miss anything. I did drop $250 each on tickets. It'd be nice to know lol.

You should be just fine, the website says it should end around 10. So if PJ were in fact the headliners, you'd be more than fine. Even if they were 2nd to last, it should still be OK according to your timetable.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831
    samjam said:

nicknyr15 said:

You should be just fine, the website says it should end around 10. So if PJ were in fact the headliners, you'd be more than fine. Even if they were 2nd to last, it should still be OK according to your timetable.
    Thank you fir the reassurance.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Wish a schedule would be posted...I understand why (kind of) they won't but.....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,918
    Praying I get tickets next time around.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:

Praying I get tickets next time around.

Me too buddy...
    ME TOO!! :prayer:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Is anyone else concerned that PJ will not be the headliner and they'll only play 8-10 songs?

Here are the set lists from previous years. The bands that don't go last play really short sets. main "Headliner" plays around 15 songs.

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=global+citizen+festival&venue=4bd4bb06

I'm all about the event and the cause and all...but we're talking about a seven hour affair here and I am not even remotely interested in the other 3 acts. And (everyone remove their PJ goggles) two of those acts - Ed Sheeran and Beyonce - are more popular among the masses than PJ. There is a very good chance PJ will not play last and I think it's going to leave me a bit disappointed.

I know this has been discussed here and on that other thread a bit, but the consensus seems to be "nah, PJ will play last." I'm not so sure about that...

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    completed journey 4 - already have vip tickets - hopefully can help someone out :)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    PJ will play last.... I have no doubts about it

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Is anyone else concerned that PJ will not be the headliner and they'll only play 8-10 songs?

Here are the set lists from previous years. The bands that don't go last play really short sets. main "Headliner" plays around 15 songs.

I'm all about the event and the cause and all...but we're talking about a seven hour affair here and I am not even remotely interested in the other 3 acts. And (everyone remove their PJ goggles) two of those acts - Ed Sheeran and Beyonce - are more popular among the masses than PJ. There is a very good chance PJ will not play last and I think it's going to leave me a bit disappointed.

I know this has been discussed here and on that other thread a bit, but the consensus seems to be "nah, PJ will play last." I'm not so sure about that...

I think you just have to go into it knowing that's an option. I personally think PJ will headline, but if not, not in any of our hands....

From experience, it's a fun show to go to, an opportunity to see a unique bill, and who knows--maybe someone will surprise you!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,918

completed journey 4 - already have vip tickets - hopefully can help someone out :)

you want to hook me up with your vip tickets if you win ga? ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Not concerned because I know this is a possibility. If anyone is going in expecting that this is a full PJ show, you will just be in for a big disappointment. This is not a Pearl Jam concert, you have to be prepared for all possibilities including Pearl Jam dropping out entirely. Of course we know they would never know this, but when it's multiple bills and a band drops out, the show still goes on.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    PJ will go on last. GC won't have a nearly empty park on national TV and world TV. They know PJ draws and will bring the crowd. If by some off chance PJ isn't the headliner, you'll see a mass exodus from the heard cages
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

PJ will go on last. GC won't have a nearly empty park on national TV and world TV. They know PJ draws and will bring the crowd. If by some off chance PJ isn't the headliner, you'll see a mass exodus from the heard cages

Couldn't the same be said about Beyoncé fans? She's arguably an even larger draw (especially amongst the young) than aging 90s era rockers and those fans could just as easily mass exodus at the first notes of pj.

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    nycrats said:

Couldn't the same be said about Beyoncé fans? She's arguably an even larger draw (especially amongst the young) than aging 90s era rockers and those fans could just as easily mass exodus at the first notes of pj.

We can always hope. ;-)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I bet there will some cool PJ merch for this event.............
  • Options
    Well the Long Island paper had a picture of Eddie and not Beyoncé in reference to the upcoming show which shocked me and put to rest and thought that they aren't last. Newsday is awful and owned by the Dolans (Who own MSG) so maybe they are kissing up to get PJ. or maybe I'm just trying to stir the masses with some meaningless drivel.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    https://www.charitybuzz.com/support/550

Imagine how much this would go for if Pearl Jam did it! :money::smile:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    I say PJ will play 15 or 16 songs. Pretty much half of their usual concert. What the opener and closers are will be the guessing game. I say RITFW for sure closes it.
  • Options
    Journey 4 finished and entered. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Can someone say what it's like when you make the calls? Do you get a person, or do you get a recording? (I'm a little phone phobic) Does someone say 'senator X's office' and then you say your piece? What's it like?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Best of luck to everyone who has yet to win. Keep in mind that they're trying to market the concert and it's cause so it's in their best interest to keep potential attendees actively seeking tickets and bumping GCF on social media. Awholelotta tix yet to be given away.
  • Options
    it kills me to say this but i can not go to GCF and i have 1 VIP2 ticket I bought in July for $250. PM me with your number if anyone is interested.
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • Options
    spinchikspinchik Posts: 56
    edited September 2015
    that VIP2 ticket available for 250 is face of course. hope someone will enjoy it as much as i would have....

Post edited by spinchik on
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    pm sent
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JaneNY said:

Can someone say what it's like when you make the calls? Do you get a person, or do you get a recording? (I'm a little phone phobic) Does someone say 'senator X's office' and then you say your piece? What's it like?

The Capitol switchboard operator initially answers to connect you to the office of your senator or representative (based on your ZIP code). After that, you could get both. If the aides/interns are tied up with other calls, you get the voice mailbox. Either way, it's fairly simple. The aides are easy enough to talk to.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    haven't been on here in a while, life stuff and things going on... i just cannot believe how close this is already. so nervous/excited! :rock_on:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited September 2015

haven't been on here in a while, life stuff and things going on... i just cannot believe how close this is already. so nervous/excited! :rock_on:

I have good seats for every Mets game the rest of the way, including the playoffs obviously which I have now been waiting 9 years to be able to go to again, Giants season tickets, and this concert all happening at once. It's more than I am able to digest. The next 2 months are gonna be the best of my life I think.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'