Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

Stupid fancy laptop =)

I'm debating whether to take a hot evening shower and don fresh PJ's (my version) before dinner, and can't decide which movie to on-demand later.

(Fuck, we have it really good, don't we?)

We really really do. I ordered two more hdmi cables. They'll be here Tuesday. I already have a back up charger from the first time this happened, which was in Rome. :lol:

I need to go donate my clothes to an orphanage or something.
    Oh, and THREE-day delivery? Slowpokes.

Amazing how we can get shit sent to us so quickly or even same-day (I was raised in the "six to eight weeks" era).
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    edited August 2015
    ^^^ ugh

Edit- ^^^ refer to previous post
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    There's less storage in my new kitchen. I wonder if I should just get rid of more stuff?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    You should. You probably don't need half of it anyhow.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

You should. You probably don't need half of it anyhow.

Easily a quarter. Wife brought a storage bin to my basement tonight. I said - what's that. She says, it's for their baseball gear (pants, shirts...). I said it's not staying here. My basement is full bar. Music, beer...yada yada...kids have encroached last few years. Reason being, their old clothes is still taking up space.

I'm not attached to it, I prefer to give it away. Mrs empty is attached, all you mothers are..but are you? Shit can it and I mean give it to your community

I forgot where I was posting and what I quoted and I'm too lazy to scroll up
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

First world problem, Empty.

You see, my husband and child are big keepers. Grant you, I have plenty, but those two are bad. We've been seriously talking about a 5 (or less) year plan lately involving a potential BIG move and I've been threatening to tiny house it. I have stuff. We love memories attached to stuff, but a lot of this stuff needs to go. We all need to detach from the overage of stuff that we have. When we were kids, we didn't have nearly the amount of stuff we have now and the clothes? We had 5 interchangeable outfits. I had a couple of Barbies, not the house, the car, the boat, the plane and God knows what else . . . Too. Much. STUFF!
    Mrs Empty says "let's buy a bigger house"...I think there's a PJ lyric...memories can be had without a pile of toddler clothes. I assumed you kept two and moved on.

I get accused of wanting them to move out...not the case, I look at the older one (9) and I don't have to bend over to kiss him on the head (I'm 6'2")...kinda freaks me out. Fuck, forgot where I was posting again. Long story short, 3T doesn't fit him.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Mrs Empty says "let's buy a bigger house"...I think there's a PJ lyric...memories can be had without a pile of toddler clothes. I assumed you kept two and moved on.

I get accused of wanting them to move out...not the case, I look at the older one (9) and I don't have to bend over to kiss him on the head (I'm 6'2")...kinda freaks me out. Fuck, forgot where I was posting again. Long story short, 3T doesn't fit him.

That's what yard sales and charities are for. I've kept just a few little things with clothes over the years. For school, I have a binder for each year. That way I keep certificates and so forth in there. It all fits on a book shelf in our bedroom. Photos are digital anymore. 98% of the toys that she has grown out of have been donated, shared or sold. (We put away a few things in the attic.)

I haven't seen 3T clothes in years. My kid is now taller than me. I have to look up to her and she's only 11.

Thread integrity: Finding my child shoes that fit. She now wears a 10.
  • I have alcohol but can't open it. My son misplaced the bottle opener.

We have 1 tote dedicated to each kid. That's all they get. A few baby outfits, the newspaper on the day they were born, a special stuffed animal and a few other things. It has to fit in the tote.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    ^^ you'd think a marine could figure it out. Oops, sorry...Annapolis is home base still for you guys. We'd have it open
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Phone is about to die because others logged on late and battery was spent elsewhere
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• ^^ you'd think a marine could figure it out. Oops, sorry...Annapolis is home base still for you guys. We'd have it open

I'm stuck with what's in the tent. If I could get to the car this would be done already. My phone battery is dying also. Time to go check out if I need to worry about a flood and hopefully call it a night.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • That it's harder for me to post and navigate from my kindle than from the desktop.

We have 1 tote dedicated to each kid. That's all they get. A few baby outfits, the newspaper on the day they were born, a special stuffed animal and a few other things. It has to fit in the tote.

We do this too. Both my grandmothers are borderline hoarders, so I try to not let the stuff take over.

deadendp said:

Thread integrity: Finding my child shoes that fit. She now wears a 10.

My 11 year old son wears a men's 8 which is equal to a women's 10, which is what I wear. I
    told him that we could trade shoes. He was not amused :)
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
    No pearl jam
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

I have alcohol but can't open it. My son misplaced the bottle opener.

I have the stuffed animal my grandmother bought in the hospital when I was born. Still, to this day. It's on a shelf on my bookcase. I always had a lot of stuffed animals cuz I'm a sucker for a claw game - the rule I adopted as an "adult" is it only stays if i can remember its name and its significance. But that first one, from my grandmother - I'll be happy if they bury me with it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited August 2015
    My Angels baseball team really suck right now.
  • I have alcohol but can't open it. My son misplaced the bottle opener.

Haven't used a bottle opener in years.
    https://youtu.be/7vo_sNC1Evw
    Ani was probably rubbing sticks together with flint or something to get the fire started, so no lighter would have been used. ;)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ldent42 said:

I have the stuffed animal my grandmother bought in the hospital when I was born. Still, to this day. It's on a shelf on my bookcase. I always had a lot of stuffed animals cuz I'm a sucker for a claw game - the rule I adopted as an "adult" is it only stays if i can remember its name and its significance. But that first one, from my grandmother - I'll be happy if they bury me with it.
    I had a whole zoo of stuffed animals, yes, I could name every one of them. I boxed them up to take with me and my parent took it to the donation center...on purpose. All the ones I had since I was a baby. I'm still pissed about the fact somebody else is hugging Sugarput.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

I had a whole zoo of stuffed animals, yes, I could name every one of them. I boxed them up to take with me and my parent took it to the donation center...on purpose. All the ones I had since I was a baby. I'm still pissed about the fact somebody else is hugging Sugarput.
    that sounds traumatizing. I didn't have any attachment to most of them so I had no problem giving them up. My feeling is as long as there is a memory associated with it and that memory still means something - its ok to keep. Just as long as you're not greedy about it. Theres 3 that I can see from here that I'm not going to be getting rid of. God help me if I ever get one of those minions out of the rigged ass claw machines at the movie theatre I'm taking that one to my grave too lol.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • justam said:

There's less storage in my new kitchen. I wonder if I should just get rid of more stuff?

Definitely downsize!! I finally did this. Sometimes it's really hard.. Sentiments and all. But what I have learned over the last year is that we can honestly survive in so much less!! AND.. It's a stress relief! I look at my tiny corner of stuff that's left of what I own in this world... And I think back to my college days when I couldn't afford either dormitory dues, or an apartment, so I lived in my car. ( til my Agg prof found out and struck up a deal with me to keep my
    Horses there, and I got a room). But the fact is I lived in a 250 sq space.... For YEARS.. And I was so much happier then. I say downsize.. Thanks for letting me ramble... And enjoy this new chapter in your life! :smile:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have to go to work today...and I dont't feel like it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Forgot to buy half and half at the store so I had to use milk in my coffee.
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

I hear ya. I went away for a summer one year when i was 19 and my mom gave away my one and only childhood teddy bear that I'd had since I was 4 years old (and it wasn't even gross - he was in good shape). It was the kind of thing a person would keep for life or pass to their own child. I'm still pissed off.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    There is no candy in the office today....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Laying on my bed in my boxers with the AC on and it's a little too cool, but I don't want to move. Might catch a cold.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Our AC is broken in the main house. Quel drag. Thank goodness I can work in the guest house.

(Disclosure - we have a dinky guest house with a desk for me to write and a crappy in the wall air conditioner that's so loud you have to turn it off to talk on the phone.)
  • Working 10 hour days; 9 days in a row is killing
    Me! But 31.5 hours for the short week came out to just under 400! Nice! I wish I could keep this job...
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    rape it was such a rare bad crime long time ago where people would support victims and come to their aid...
    nowadays its as common as anything and not dealt with as such a bad crime
    its wrong
  • ummm.

MC Hammer Pants are out of style and this means I am too?

https://youtu.be/NyEE0qpfeig
    The love he receives is the love that is saved