Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    It's only Wednesday... :bawling:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    The doorbell downstairs rings, it's the post office. I buzz him in. Wait by the door. No one shows up. I can guarantee when I go downstairs there's either going to be an orange card in my mailbox OR a package just left by the mailboxes.

Fuckin' bastards.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i cant smoke pot because it makes me feel sick and like dirt the way i feel sick in most afternoons when dirt pays me a visit its like a bad trip
    for the moment i feel good and mum has just told me not to worry so much and i should stop doubting im myself here all the time accept when i go to sleep here a night then of course im dreaming but otherwise im just drinking all the time anything
    its the same horrible feeling i got before i dropped in the circus and is why i dropped
    because i hate this feeling and didnt have it before when i performed and
    was with my daughter baking cakes etc but when nick said a few words
    below before i started i felt invaded and sick needless to say why
    i missed simons hands deliberately because the boss told me to
    so i did and was happy to because i didnt want to go through those feelings again
    but its still me feeling the pain
    this is my first world problem

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    My new iMac is being delivered tomorrow instead of today. Tomorrow is wing night and my friends from Chicago are in town, so it will remain boxed until Friday.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    locked my keys in the car with the engine running image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    My neighbor was on vacation in Hawaii, so she had us check her mail. No problem. As a thank you, she got us a box of chocolates and a bag of coffee from the islands. Yum-o! Except the coffee is whole bean and we don't have a grinder. Problem.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Hobbes said:

My neighbor was on vacation in Hawaii, so she had us check her mail. No problem. As a thank you, she got us a box of chocolates and a bag of coffee from the islands. Yum-o! Except the coffee is whole bean and we don't have a grinder. Problem.

Send the coffee to me. Problem solved. :tongue:
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Hobbes said:

Grind it up and send it back. Very thoughtful. Maybe toss in a little baggie of powdered sugar.

I see no flaws in this plan.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Hobbes said:

SD48277 said:

Hobbes said:

Grind it up and send it back. Very thoughtful. Maybe toss in a little baggie of powdered sugar.

I live closer...I may or may not skim some off the bag as a 'fee'...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

SD48277 said:

Hobbes said:

I live closer...I may or may not skim some off the bag as a 'fee'...
    Damn, foiled by geography...
    ELITIST FUK
  • The wife and kids had pizza for dinner. I gave up carbs so no pizza for me even though there is a few slices left. I have to go make myself something else to eat.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

I did that when I was in college. Had to call parking services. Dude comes, ready to open my car but needs my license and registration to confirm it is mine. (They were in the car.) It was an 85 Trans Am that was just rear ended and drove down the road kind of sideways. The whole back end was smashed in, but I was waiting for the uninsured dude who hit me to pay up so that I could buy a different car. I looked at parking services guy (who I knew was just doing his job) and said, "Do you think that I would seriously claim this car as mine if I didn't have to?" He smiled, opened the door, jammed the slim jim in to his cheek and as he turned to walk away, blood was running down his face. "You have a nice day, ma'am." I felt so bad!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp said:

I did that when I was in college. Had to call parking services. Dude comes, ready to open my car but needs my license and registration to confirm it is mine. (They were in the car.) It was an 85 Trans Am that was just rear ended and drove down the road kind of sideways. The whole back end was smashed in, but I was waiting for the uninsured dude who hit me to pay up so that I could buy a different car. I looked at parking services guy (who I knew was just doing his job) and said, "Do you think that I would seriously claim this car as mine if I didn't have to?" He smiled, opened the door, jammed the slim jim in to his cheek and as he turned to walk away, blood was running down his face. "You have a nice day, ma'am." I felt so bad!
    I accidentally locked my keys in my car while it was still running; and BOTH wolf-dogs inside! The poor locksmith guy kept trying to get the slimjim to catch while Ace made like he was eating the guy's face through the window, all psycho-like... Poor guy was shaking!!
    anxiety while driving
  • Consciousness while kayaking
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • My lips are dry and I can't find my lip balm.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    just woke up lonely feeling cold and ill
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    I dont want to program everything
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited August 2015
    I slept in

The wife and kids had pizza for dinner. I gave up carbs so no pizza for me even though there is a few slices left. I have to go make myself something else to eat.

Just eat the toppings. No carbs 101 man, c'mon. ;)

May I suggest a meatzza for yourself next time? They are so delicious the family would want it too. It's just the same as a pizza but the crust is made of extra lean ground beef. It's really fucking good.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

The wife and kids had pizza for dinner. I gave up carbs so no pizza for me even though there is a few slices left. I have to go make myself something else to eat.

May I suggest a meatzza for yourself next time? They are so delicious the family would want it too. It's just the same as a pizza but the crust is made of extra lean ground beef. It's really fucking good.
    Then it is just meat on meat with some sauce and cheese? Back up and just give me my carbs.
  • deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Then it is just meat on meat with some sauce and cheese? Back up and just give me my carbs.
    Do you know how liberating it is when you decide you don't care about eating food for taste and only look at its nutritional value. No more worried if you like something or not, if it tastes good or not. Just stuff it down the pipe and enjoy what it can do for you.

And I ended up eating the pizza. Laziness won over last night.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Don't forget the veggies.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Do you know how liberating it is when you decide you don't care about eating food for taste and only look at its nutritional value. No more worried if you like something or not, if it tastes good or not. Just stuff it down the pipe and enjoy what it can do for you.

I have been in that zone, but I hate it because it's a struggle to eat at all at that point, for me. I don't like having to force food into myself like that. It makes me feel sick.

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Not lazy. You just came to your senses. :smiley:
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I have access to chocolate in the office...and I've been eating WAY too much of it lately...lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    lunch
    what to cook today
    I got my hair cut today and now the little bits are itching my neck.
  • Hobbes said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Namely his sense of taste!
  • Hobbes said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Have you ever eathen straight fiber one cereal. I don't mean the one with oats in it, the one that looks like cat food. Its just these little twigs of fiber. If you can choke that down you lose your sense of taste for a while and learn you can eat just about anything. It was pure laziness in that I had already cleaned up the kitchen for the night and didn't feel like making a mess in it. So ease of pizza won out.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Hobbes said:

deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

I slept in

Have you ever eathen straight fiber one cereal. I don't mean the one with oats in it, the one that looks like cat food. Its just these little twigs of fiber. If you can choke that down you lose your sense of taste for a while and learn you can eat just about anything. It was pure laziness in that I had already cleaned up the kitchen for the night and didn't feel like making a mess in it. So ease of pizza won out.
    You do not want to know the things I have consumed either out of curiosity ( goat brains) or desperation in starvation ( a rat.. Yes a rat).. Trust me.. Fiber One ( which really does resemble
    Cat food!) is a royal treat. I have learned never turn down a meal of any sustenance, as one never knows when they might eat again..;-)