Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

My wife is spending wayyyy too much money on camping stuff now. Everyday Amazon is bringing 3 or 4 boxes. I think she is missing the point on roughing it now.

Tell her that just because they sell it doesn't mean that you need it. I admit that we go with far more than a tent and a backpack. Over the years we have paired things down a bit. I do need to pick up some of those glowing bracelets to clothespin to the tent stakes. My husband tends to trip over those in the middle of the night.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

My wife is spending wayyyy too much money on camping stuff now. Everyday Amazon is bringing 3 or 4 boxes. I think she is missing the point on roughing it now.

She gets another point...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    No, she loses a point. Now we had to get a car top as everything won't fit in the car. Guess who is paying for all of this stuff, me.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I've always wondered-- are those car top carriers actually big enough to haul much of anything? Noticed them this weekend and a lot of people had them. Just don't know. What will your car top carrier hold?
    deadendp said:

Tell her that just because they sell it doesn't mean that you need it. I admit that we go with far more than a tent and a backpack. Over the years we have paired things down a bit. I do need to pick up some of those glowing bracelets to clothespin to the tent stakes. My husband tends to trip over those in the middle of the night.
    She ordered 3 lanterns. 3 for petes sake. I will pass that along as the 1 we have wasn't enough. Everyone needs their very own in her world. I told her, we buy a slew of those glow in the dark sticks and you mark the path to the hole for the bathroom. No one gets lost. WTF am I going to do with 4 lanterns. She bought the kids whistles so they can call us if they get lost. This was a chance to slim down on the number of kids. Joking of course but whistles. The kids will drive us insane all weekend with them. She loses 2 points for this.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

deadendp said:

She ordered 3 lanterns. 3 for petes sake. I will pass that along as the 1 we have wasn't enough. Everyone needs their very own in her world. I told her, we buy a slew of those glow in the dark sticks and you mark the path to the hole for the bathroom. No one gets lost. WTF am I going to do with 4 lanterns. She bought the kids whistles so they can call us if they get lost. This was a chance to slim down on the number of kids. Joking of course but whistles. The kids will drive us insane all weekend with them. She loses 2 points for this.
    Glow sticks. I put them on my kid when she was little. She didn't fall off the cliffs and nothing ate her.

We have ONE camp lantern. We have a tripod for the fire. We have a camp stove for when it rains and we end up not being able to cook over the fire. Three camp chairs. We take two tents, but they are the little ones that only sleep three people anyhow. One is for sleeping. (One single cot and one queen sized air mattress that has a self inflator/deflator and nothing else fits in there.) One is for changing/bathing. I keep all of the clothes and toiletries in there. Clothes are kept in laundry baskets. I take a box of food. We go to farmer's markets when we are out. We have one cooler. We take my iPod for music. No electricity. Spotty phone service. Washing camp dishes with water heated over the fire. (No disposable plates and whatnot.) I do have some camp pots and pans. Laundry line strung to dry things out. Solar powered weather radio. We have solar shower bags, too. It all fits in the back of my RAV just fine. Strap the bikes to the back and throw a few fishing rods and some tackle in there and my man is a happy guy.
    Does she know about Cabela's?

Mrs Ani! Let me show you this awesome store...*insert evil laugh here*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    My guess is that Mrs. Ani is an Amazon Prime member and enjoys the benefits of free 2 day ship.
    deadendp said:

My guess is that Mrs. Ani is an Amazon Prime member and enjoys the benefits of free 2 day ship.

Hey, I signed up for prime because of 'prime day's (what a let down)...now I've been ordering stuff every few days because I love getting packages. "oh, a present for me?!?"

- Christopher McCandless
    My wife uses amazon prime. You can get stuff so cheap. She spent less than $100 for all that stuff. I have been watching the order history to see when I need to intervene. I'm trying to let her have fun as this is her first time ever. She grew up in Poland with an outhouse and always tells me stories how it scared her. She hates outdoors at night because of it.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

My wife uses amazon prime. You can get stuff so cheap. She spent less than $100 for all that stuff. I have been watching the order history to see when I need to intervene. I'm trying to let her have fun as this is her first time ever. She grew up in Poland with an outhouse and always tells me stories how it scared her. She hates outdoors at night because of it.

I didn't realize your wife was Polish...ahhh...the jokes shall commence.

- Christopher McCandless

I get it. She already roughed it.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    mental illness
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    We just moved and there isn't a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's anywhere close to us.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

We just moved and there isn't a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's anywhere close to us.

Looks like you'll have to join a CSA. Poor things.

:tongue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    dankind said:

Looks like you'll have to join a CSA. Poor things.

:tongue:
    LOL. It's rough living in the suburbs. There was a whole foods right next to my gym 2 blocks away. Now I have to drive to both!
  • I need a vacation after my vacation :sleeping:
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
    Thread closures.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    deadendp said:

Thread closures.

+1
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

deadendp said:

Thread closures.

+1
    +2
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I need chocolate and I have no chocolate.....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    I was at a concert last night and somebody in front of me passed gas. It stunk for, like, a whole 30 seconds.
    My air conditioner is Canadian...so it only displays the temperature in Centigrade. I'm not very good at conversions...

- Christopher McCandless
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    It's easy.
    Multiply by 2 and then add 32. It's rough and dirty but it gets you pretty close.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    edited July 2015
    ^^^awesome...I have a converter app on my phone, but that's easy enough, thanks! :)

the math part, the app is finicky...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Netflix changing the little description pictures and I get tricked into thinking that there's new stuff to watch . . . .
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,301
    Fucking coffee droppers. Fucking dropping them everywhere. On the train, subway, station, sidewalk. It's fucking everywhere. Worse than trying to avoid dog shit strolling gay paris, for crying out loud! Here's a hint, if your fingers are so fat from sucking down a half gallon of coffee, iced or hot, with double, double, meaning sugar, cream, whipped or otherwise, that you can't grip the cup, it might be time to drink it black!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Fucking coffee droppers. Fucking dropping them everywhere. On the train, subway, station, sidewalk. It's fucking everywhere. Worse than trying to avoid dog shit strolling gay paris, for crying out loud! Here's a hint, if your fingers are so fat from sucking down a half gallon of coffee, iced or hot, with double, double, meaning sugar, cream, whipped or otherwise, that you can't grip the cup, it might be time to drink it black!

:rofl:
    I think ice caf haf latte crap stick venti frozen macchiat---whatever the hell order is ALL of our first world problems.
    A little sugar a little milk or suck it down plain. WTF happened to our society?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I have to go to my boss's dog's birthday party...

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

I have to go to my boss's dog's birthday party...

This sounds like hilarity could ensue.

If possible and so inclined, please PLEASE take and post pictures =)