Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    My driver door won't lock using the remote anymore. I have to use the key and manually lock it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2015
    Forgetting my headphones to listen to music on my iPhone on way to work on bus. In Charlie Brown voice....ARGHHHHHHH!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    I only 2 bars on my phone camping. That sucks.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

deadendp said:

My wife is spending wayyyy too much money on camping stuff now. Everyday Amazon is bringing 3 or 4 boxes. I think she is missing the point on roughing it now.

Tell her that just because they sell it doesn't mean that you need it. I admit that we go with far more than a tent and a backpack. Over the years we have paired things down a bit. I do need to pick up some of those glowing bracelets to clothespin to the tent stakes. My husband tends to trip over those in the middle of the night.
    She ordered 3 lanterns. 3 for petes sake. I will pass that along as the 1 we have wasn't enough. Everyone needs their very own in her world. I told her, we buy a slew of those glow in the dark sticks and you mark the path to the hole for the bathroom. No one gets lost. WTF am I going to do with 4 lanterns. She bought the kids whistles so they can call us if they get lost. This was a chance to slim down on the number of kids. Joking of course but whistles. The kids will drive us insane all weekend with them. She loses 2 points for this.
    I do think that everyone should have their own headlamp. Those things are by far the most useful and handy for each person.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I have to go to my boss's dog's birthday party...

This sounds like hilarity could ensue.

If possible and so inclined, please PLEASE take and post pictures =)

+1000
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Football Hall of Fame weekend in Canton and the World Series of Golf Bridgestone Invitational north of me. I'm stuck in the middle of traffic and cars and people and neither one starts for another week! The golfers come into the airport a couple of blocks from me. Their planes are sometimes rather large and look like they'll land on my house. (I'm in the flight path and though small, it is listed as an "international" airport to accommodate larger planes.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    The window won't go down on my traverse. Such a pain when going through a drive thru
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I have to go to my boss's dog's birthday party...

This sounds like hilarity could ensue.

If possible and so inclined, please PLEASE take and post pictures =)

+1000
    I'm sorry, I didn't take pics, apparently it was a 'pre-birthday lunch'...so I got a free lunch. Though, she did have her dog sit on a chair at the table and my boss's dad spoon fed the dog part of his milkshake.

The 'real party' happens tomorrow...I'm not going to that.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jesus - what kind of dog is this? What kind of BOSS is this? Sounds like the hoopla that goes with a wedding.

(please say it's one of those small, pampered yappy dogs and not a Retriever or Shepherd or the like)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    The cleaning ladies didn't clean the oven. Now I have to do it.
    edited July 2015
    hedonist said:

Jesus - what kind of dog is this? What kind of BOSS is this? Sounds like the hoopla that goes with a wedding.

(please say it's one of those small, pampered yappy dogs and not a Retriever or Shepherd or the like)

Maltipoo...

^^^ that's NOT her dog...but it looks very similar to her dog.

and my boss owns a company in the pet industry.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    hedonist said:

Ugh, it would be even WORSE and seem even crazier if it's a little yappy dog in a purse. A big goofy retriever or something would at least inject a little cool into it, lol.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited July 2015
    Every time I turn on the TV I see caitlin jenner
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    All I normally see is trump. Caitlyn at least has jugs.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Ugh, it would be even WORSE and seem even crazier if it's a little yappy dog in a purse. A big goofy retriever or something would at least inject a little cool into it, lol.
    I was a little conflicted today...I'm glad lots of restaurants here are pet friendly (in their outdoor patios-I've brought my dogs to the bar several times now), but today she had her dog wearing a hot pink feather boa/collar and kept telling everybody it was her dog's birthday.

I kept my big sunglasses on...

- Christopher McCandless
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    I'm feeling tired but I have ticket to see Interpol. So, I have no choice but to go.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I want to listen to music at work, but my kindle is dead.... FML! :lol:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • I have to go drink now to celebrate how good my life is. *sigh*
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

I have to go drink now to celebrate how good my life is. *sigh*

Dammit. I'm forced to give cheers to F Me on whatever celebration for him is happening :unamused:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    hangers...... and how they pile themselves into a bunch of assholes and laugh at me
    rollings said:

hangers...... and how they pile themselves into a bunch of assholes and laugh at me

Wait - who's laughing, the hangers or assholes?
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    hedonist said:

rollings said:

Wait - who's laughing, the hangers or assholes?
    Wait - let me reword that

hangers---and how they compile themselves into a bunch of assholes and laugh at me....
    I went to dinner and it was so delicious I ate it all...now I have a food hangover.

- Christopher McCandless
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    My kid keeps winning pet prizes and those pet prizes keep freakin' dying! A few years ago, she won a hamster from the school fundraiser. (Yes, a breathing hamster from the pet store.) She gets him home, has him for 9 months and he drops over dead. She's crushed. It is her very first pet of her very own. Husband takes her to the pet store. Hamster just had a litter of lil hammies and she'll wait for a fresh one. That one lasts 7 weeks and drops over dead. My MIL took her to the county fair the other day. She wins two goldfish. One kicked it last night and the other is probably soon to follow. She was crushed and crying. Mark is mad at his mom because, "WHY WOULD SHE ALLOW HER TO PLAY A GAME TO WIN SOMETHING ALIVE?" :anguished:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SarahSarah Posts: 736
    Got a new pair of wireless headphones today, but they are not as good as my previous setup.

#Nicebutnotprofessionalstudioquality
    #Morebassplease
    #Firstworldproblems
    #Asshole
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    ^^ the pet store in my hood has been giving away goldfish on Halloween since I was little. You're lucky if it lasts the night. It's a fucked up tradition.

My first world problem of the day: my "ultrabook" laptop is so light it keeps falling and breaking the stupid charger and micro hdmi cable STUPID FANCY LAPTOP.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Stupid fancy laptop =)

I'm debating whether to take a hot evening shower and don fresh PJ's (my version) before dinner, and can't decide which movie to on-demand later.

(Fuck, we have it really good, don't we?)
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    hedonist said:

Stupid fancy laptop =)

I'm debating whether to take a hot evening shower and don fresh PJ's (my version) before dinner, and can't decide which movie to on-demand later.

May I suggest The Kids Are Alright?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    hedonist said:

Stupid fancy laptop =)

We really really do. I ordered two more hdmi cables. They'll be here Tuesday. I already have a back up charger from the first time this happened, which was in Rome. :lol:

I need to go donate my clothes to an orphanage or something.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

hedonist said:

Stupid fancy laptop =)

May I suggest The Kids Are Alright?
    For a second I thought I was in the yes/no thread =)

Excellent suggestion for me but as much as the husband loves Pete, he gets a bit rolly-eyes when it comes to The Who in general.

Hrrmph to that!

We decided on that Night at the Museum movie, Robin Williams' last one.