Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Jon Stewart was perfect
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

fife said:

PJ_Soul said:

These types of hate crimes will never go away ever we've been down this road countless of times nothing will get done it's like a bad movie on loop , i'm done with the " I THINK WE HAVE TO MANY GUNS IN THIS COUNTRY " i say have all your guns as many as you want as many bullets as you want but dont fucking complain when episodes like this happen this is part of the gun culture fucking own it !!!!!!!!!!

I think it's probably a lot more about the racist culture than it is the gun culture in this case....
    i would say that it is not an either/or. any bad part of culture mixed with gun culture is going to lead to the same events always happening.

You don't know gun culture until you have spent time in the Deep South. And the same folks who love their guns hate blacks just as much.
    On the local newspaper's FB page, the open carry folks are saying that if only the blacks had brought their guns to church, they would be alive. Yes, I said open carry. These people bypass concealed carry.
    you are right, I live in Canada and here yes we have guns but at the same time we don't love them as a country. as for the Facebook page, is this not just blaming the Vitim for the rimes of this idiot.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    And his dumbass room mate is making claims that he had been planning something like this for the last six months ....

businessinsider.com/charleston-shooting-suspect-planned-shooting-for-6-months-2015-6

Shouldn't this guy get a year or two in the clinker for not alerting anybody???
  • Options
    Jason P said:

And his dumbass room mate is making claims that he had been planning something like this for the last six months ....

businessinsider.com/charleston-shooting-suspect-planned-shooting-for-6-months-2015-6

Shouldn't this guy get a year or two in the clinker for not alerting anybody???

he should be charged with accessory before the rime.
  • Options
    was just reading an article about Lindsey Grahmann who and I quote said "

I just think he was one of these whacked out kids. I don't think it's anything broader than that," Graham said. "It's about a young man who is obviously twisted."

"No one at home [in South Carolina] believes this represents us. We don't want to be judged by him," Graham said."
    what an idiot. yes we should not judge anything about the gun laws, the racism in your state?

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    fife said:

I just think he was one of these whacked out kids. I don't think it's anything broader than that," Graham said. "It's about a young man who is obviously twisted."

"No one at home [in South Carolina] believes this represents us. We don't want to be judged by him," Graham said."
    what an idiot. yes we should not judge anything about the gun laws, the racism in your state?

Lindsey Graham is terrible. If the shooter was a Muslim and the victims were white he would be calling this a terrorist act on America and demanding more laws to keep the evil terrorists contained.

Fuck that guy.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Whomever called him a mushroomhead...I was reminded of Jim Carrey's character in Dumb and Dumber.

And honestly, I'm kind of surprised at the hate - if that's even the right word - I feel for this motherfucker.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Whomever called him a mushroomhead...I was reminded of Jim Carrey's character in Dumb and Dumber.

And honestly, I'm kind of surprised at the hate - if that's even the right word - I feel for this motherfucker.

Seriously? What do you feel? Do you feel like he should be strapped to the electric chair? That's what I feel.

This piece of shit is the lowest form of life on the planet. I feel worse for the mosquitoes that hit my windshield coming home from golf last night.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    fife said:

This fuckin guy. Fuck you Lindsay Graham. The entire nation thinks this state is a racist breeding ground. Open your fucking eyes.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

Seriously? What do you feel? Do you feel like he should be strapped to the electric chair? That's what I feel.

This piece of shit is the lowest form of life on the planet. I feel worse for the mosquitoes that hit my windshield coming home from golf last night.
    I might not have spoken as clearly as I wished - but we're on the same page here, Thirty. Completely.

It's just that I was taken aback by the strength of my wishes for harm to visit him, repeatedly.
  • Options

hedonist said:

this is going to sound weird, but i actually think its better if he died cause putting a kid who looks like this in jail with grown ass men would actually be cruel.

• Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

I might not have spoken as clearly as I wished - but we're on the same page here, Thirty. Completely.

It's just that I was taken aback by the strength of my wishes for harm to visit him, repeatedly.
    Well pshew!

For a minute, I thought Callen had gotten to you. I was going to organize a 10C intervention.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Saw an interview with the ex governor last night and he couldn't even get himself to admit that the confederate flag needs to come down in s. Carolina. So much racism in that state, the interview was on a street named after some racist (Calhoun) ?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    badbrains said:

Saw an interview with the ex governor last night and he couldn't even get himself to admit that the confederate flag needs to come down in s. Carolina. So much racism in that state, the interview was on a street named after some racist (Calhoun) ?

Remember Mark Sanford? He's the one that was taking trips to south America to bang his girlfriend. His wife wasn't to pleased with that. Pretty much killed his 08 presidential run before it started.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I seriously hope some of you aren't making blanket statements like the whole fucking state of South Carolina is racist, or that everyone who owns a gun is racist for fuck's sake. That would be just as ignorant as any other racist comment. I also don't know what gun laws would have prevented this. The fucking guy couldn't legally own a gun anyway. If you notice one of his pictures they posted was a prior mug shot, that pretty much limits your ability to legally own or carry a firearm in any state. His family, or dad or whoever the fuck gave him that gun should be hanging from a tree right next to him.

I too am almost surprised at the hate I have this piece of shit. I have never been a fan of the death penalty, and I'm still not, but man...I sure would love to see this guy have to live in the GP of the most hardcore prison in this country. No doubt he would wish for death every day.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

of course not, i am sure he said something along the lines that its has a deep meaning in the state and its great history.

greatest country in the world right?
  • Options
    Jesus Christ, Robert E. Lee himself would have probably climbed that pole and pulled the flag down if he were alive today. What a bunch of fucking dickheads.
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

I seriously hope some of you aren't making blanket statements like the whole fucking state of South Carolina is racist, or that everyone who owns a gun is racist for fuck's sake. That would be just as ignorant as any other racist comment. I also don't know what gun laws would have prevented this. The fucking guy couldn't legally own a gun anyway. If you notice one of his pictures they posted was a prior mug shot, that pretty much limits your ability to legally own or carry a firearm in any state. His family, or dad or whoever the fuck gave him that gun should be hanging from a tree right next to him.

I too am almost surprised at the hate I have this piece of shit. I have never been a fan of the death penalty, and I'm still not, but man...I sure would love to see this guy have to live in the GP of the most hardcore prison in this country. No doubt he would wish for death every day.

I have heard different reports about the gun. one said that his dad got him the gun and others saying that the father gave him money for his birthday in which he bought the gun himself.

here is a law that could be in place right now. if you want to buy a gun, everyone in your household must pass a background check.
  • Options
    fife said:

I have heard different reports about the gun. one said that his dad got him the gun and others saying that the father gave him money for his birthday in which he bought the gun himself.

here is a law that could be in place right now. if you want to buy a gun, everyone in your household must pass a background check.

I can't imagine a state having laws where he would be allowed to legally purchase or carry a gun with a criminal background. If indeed he could, then that is just insanity and that is a law that definitely has to change. I would take it one step further and say everyone in your house has to pass a mental health evaluation. If you're on anti-psychotic medications you absolutely cannot own or have access to a firearm.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:

fife said:

Lindsey Graham is terrible. If the shooter was a Muslim and the victims were white he would be calling this a terrorist act on America and demanding more laws to keep the evil terrorists contained.

Fuck that guy.

Very true, cons are scrambling to isolate this incident, if it was Muslim related they would be scrambling to connect it to everything.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

fife said:

I can't imagine a state having laws where he would be allowed to legally purchase or carry a gun with a criminal background. If indeed he could, then that is just insanity and that is a law that definitely has to change. I would take it one step further and say everyone in your house has to pass a mental health evaluation. If you're on anti-psychotic medications you absolutely cannot own or have access to a firearm.

sorry i assumed that a part of background check included a mental health evaluation.

quick question and I am sorry if this is not in line with this tread but what in actuality is a part of a background check?
  • Options
    apparently, south carolina doesn't do back ground checks on private gun sales so there is a way inwhich he could have bought a gun.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

hedonist said:

Is it about a specific culture or about this specific man? Not sure how much more info some of you have, but I don't know of his history and haven't read too much about him aside from the main, sweeping articles (and those photos - g sort of nailed his look with the comparison to Clockwork - the eyes, the facial expression. Jesus, he looks soulless).

I can't get how this guy could sit for an hour in a church with these good people - spend time with them, listen to them - and then, simply kill them.

It's about insecure weak ass whites.
    A racist thing to say, Callen. None of my white friends or I could even think of doing something like this and this very act has affected us greatly.

I thought we were working at trying to eliminate broad, racial based comments.
    Did I need to add word " Some" to my statement? Thought it would be implied.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    fife said:

apparently, south carolina doesn't do back ground checks on private gun sales so there is a way inwhich he could have bought a gun.

Then yes, that is fucking stupid. I believe in Texas it's just a criminal background check.

• Options
    Shawshank said:

fife said:

Then yes, that is fucking stupid. I believe in Texas it's just a criminal background check.

Private gun sales not monitored in Texas. No background check, only through dealers so wide open for anyone.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Shawshank said:

fife said:

Private gun sales not monitored in Texas. No background check, only through dealers so wide open for anyone.
    And just made open carry legal. Woo hoo
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Is it just me or does anyone else hope this POS spends the next 50 years getting gangbanged by black guys?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    callen said:

Shawshank said:

fife said:

wow! i don't know why i am surprised by this but man. anyway, going back to this crime. apparently the governor has said that she hope that they will go for the death penalty.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I read that his uncle said his parents gave him a handgun for his 21st birthday present. And that he was also a prior felon on drug charges. If true, his parents will be arrested, right?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    fife said:

callen said:

Shawshank said:

fife said:

wow! i don't know why i am surprised by this but man. anyway, going back to this crime. apparently the governor has said that she hope that they will go for the death penalty.
    Should be a slam dunk death penalty case. There will be excuses (mental illness, low IQ, someone put him up to it, etc.) None of them will explain away sitting with innocent people in a church for an hour before viciously murdering nine of them. That is the act of a cold-blooded killer.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."