The Donald for President

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited February 2016
    pj_soul,
    holy toledo, girl.

i often wonder what a janitor & maintenance person might make working for the donald. i actually like the guy somehow, he makes me laugh which is one of my favorite things to do. if i were trump i would do the comedy circuit across all of the lands. charge a small fee at the door & make ppl laugh their fat ass off. (i did not enjoy his SNL performance)

heck if he dropped his 'trump wall' idea, stopped bashing muslims & came down a few notches he may be a decent leader. im sure there are other qualities he could stand to lose as well
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

^^^
    I know he is smart.
    I was talking about the zombie politicians that America is fed up with.
    The electorate is tired of this shit and is coming very close to showing the white house what they may just vote in.
    Donald is very smart and doing what the others aren't.
    If you show support in anyway at all though you are a troll online, or a racist in person.

No one has ever called anyone a troll just for supporting Trump.
    keep in mind that Trump winning right now only constitutes maybe 20% of actual support from American citizens, lol.
    And yes, Trump is doing what the others aren't: lying through his teeth and treating his supporters like complete idiots who are more malleable than children (which most of them seem to be if they believe anything he says or does).
    What has he been lying about?
    I think if he does win he will try to do the things he says he wants to.
    I watched the Dem debate last night and if you want to see some bologna about their promises of health care you need look no further.
    The %10 that Hillary wants to find to be able to offer universal healthcare will not be found.
    A lot of Americans for some reason think universal healthcare is a bad thing, it's very odd.
    Sanders comes off as a good ideas club member but is too late to the party. He should've been running with these ideas a long time ago not near his end years.
    Bush is bush
    The rest of the Repubs seem off kilter too.
    Donald will make the best attempt at what he says he will do.

edit - I should've clarified that he is getting a lot of votes and winning - something that a lot of other runners are not doing.
    As a somewhat conservative Canadian, what is your opinion of the Canadian system?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    The 196 People, Places and Things Donald
    Trump Has Insulted On Twitter: A Complete List
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/100000004173782.mobile.html?_r=0
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    "dopey clown" now that's funny

not many things are funnier than watching the videos of donald & rosie taking shots at one another.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^
    I know he is smart.
    The electorate is tired of this shit and is coming very close to showing the white house what they may just vote in.
    If you show support in anyway at all though you are a troll online, or a racist in person.

keep in mind that Trump winning right now only constitutes maybe 20% of actual support from American citizens, lol.
    And yes, Trump is doing what the others aren't: lying through his teeth and treating his supporters like complete idiots who are more malleable than children (which most of them seem to be if they believe anything he says or does).
    I watched the Dem debate last night and if you want to see some bologna about their promises of health care you need look no further.
    The %10 that Hillary wants to find to be able to offer universal healthcare will not be found.
    A lot of Americans for some reason think universal healthcare is a bad thing, it's very odd.
    Sanders comes off as a good ideas club member but is too late to the party. He should've been running with these ideas a long time ago not near his end years.
    Bush is bush

edit - I should've clarified that he is getting a lot of votes and winning - something that a lot of other runners are not doing.
    As a somewhat conservative Canadian, what is your opinion of the Canadian system?
    The Healthcare System or the voting system?

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

^^^
    I know he is smart.

Bush is bush

The Healthcare System or the voting system?
    Healthcare, if you find it odd that Americans think of it as bad, it seems like you might be for it.
  • ^^^
    No, I find it odd that there is so much opposition towards universal healthcare, Obamacare, free healthcare for everyone, pay a little more but you are covered type care.
    Without opening the whole debate our system isn't perfect but we don't have to worry about a ginormous bill arriving after having such mundane care.
    The dems aren't really clear about how or if they are going to provide "free" healthcare to americans if elected.
    Although not clear either here is trumps view/intention on healthcare. http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Donald_Trump_Health_Care.htm
    I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare.
    Our objective [should be] to make reforms for the moment and, longer term, to find an equivalent of the single-payer plan that is affordable, well-administered, and provides freedom of choice. Possible? The good news is, yes. There is already a system in place-the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program-that can act as a guide for all healthcare reform. It operates through a centralized agency that offers considerable range of choice. While this is a government program, it is also very much market-based. It allows 620 private insurance companies to compete for this market. Once a year participants can choose from plans which vary in benefits and costs.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

^^^
    No, I find it odd that there is so much opposition towards universal healthcare, Obamacare, free healthcare for everyone, pay a little more but you are covered type care.
    Without opening the whole debate our system isn't perfect but we don't have to worry about a ginormous bill arriving after having such mundane care.
    The dems aren't really clear about how or if they are going to provide "free" healthcare to americans if elected.
    Although not clear either here is trumps view/intention on healthcare. http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Donald_Trump_Health_Care.htm
    I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare.
    Our objective [should be] to make reforms for the moment and, longer term, to find an equivalent of the single-payer plan that is affordable, well-administered, and provides freedom of choice. Possible? The good news is, yes. There is already a system in place-the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program-that can act as a guide for all healthcare reform. It operates through a centralized agency that offers considerable range of choice. While this is a government program, it is also very much market-based. It allows 620 private insurance companies to compete for this market. Once a year participants can choose from plans which vary in benefits and costs.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but how can he argue for universal healthcare similar to how the Federal program works (with an annual bid) but be against Obamacare where business can bid for the uninsured at the individual or plan level? This seems to be a contradictory argument. It's almost as if he is for universal healthcare so long as it isn't signed by Obama.

• mrussel1 said:

^^^

Forgive me for being obtuse, but how can he argue for universal healthcare similar to how the Federal program works (with an annual bid) but be against Obamacare where business can bid for the uninsured at the individual or plan level? This seems to be a contradictory argument. It's almost as if he is for universal healthcare so long as it isn't signed by Obama.

now you've got it.

republicans are for anything obama supports as long as his name is not on it. obamacare was romneycare. same bill. they loved romneycare, but when it became federal law, they hate it. it is the exact same bill. just federal instead of massachusetts.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

mrussel1 said:

^^^

now you've got it.

republicans are for anything obama supports as long as his name is not on it. obamacare was romneycare. same bill. they loved romneycare, but when it became federal law, they hate it. it is the exact same bill. just federal instead of massachusetts.
    Not only that, but in 1993 the Heritage Foundation (conservative think tank) pushed very hard to get an Obamacare like bill on the floor, as a contrast to Hillarycare. Additionally, Nixon offered Teddy a compromise bill like Obamacare in 1970 I believe. Teddy turned it down to fight for single payer. He said much later in this life that it was a big mistake.
  • http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/28/in-2006-video-romney-calls-health-care-mandate-essential/?_r=0

and remember how Romney pushed for the individual mandate? Then criticized his own plan?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Crazy night at the debate....Trump blasted GWB pretty hard. Almost made Jeb! cry.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Crazy night at the debate....Trump blasted GWB pretty hard. Almost made Jeb! cry.

and poor jeb is falling on his sword to try to defend W.

this man has to deep down agree that his brother royally fucked things up. defending W is clearly not getting him any traction. at some point he has to be his own man and run away from w's legacy, and even run away from his dad's one term legacy. also, bringing your mom out to campaign for you does not equal strength. if anything, it sends a message that he is not independent of his parents.

• What is amazing is that everything Trump said was basically true...yet the right wingers are tearing him up.

What is amazing is that everything Trump said was basically true...yet the right wingers are tearing him up.

Captain Hindsight and his sidekicks (Coulda, Shoulda, and Woulda) are all very impressed..

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

What is amazing is that everything Trump said was basically true...yet the right wingers are tearing him up.

Yet he contradicts himself by wanting to bring back waterboarding which Dubya was more than okay with. I don't buy his bashing for a minute.
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Woot
  • walking back his criticism of W bush.

threatening to run as 3rd party candidate....again....

does this guy ever stay consistent in any of his messaging?

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

walking back his criticism of W bush.

This is the same person who wants to bring back waterboarding which is what made the Iraq war so awful in the first place. I'll say it again, I don't buy his Bush bashing for a minute. He's just another one who will say anything to get elected.
  • walking back his criticism of W bush.

This is the same person who wants to bring back waterboarding which is what made the Iraq war so awful in the first place. I'll say it again, I don't buy his Bush bashing for a minute. He's just another one who will say anything to get elected.
    i propose that anybody wanting to reinstitute waterboarding has to be waterboarded, just to see how it feels.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Donald Trump Joins the Chorus of Scalia Assassination Conspiracy Theorists

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/02/donald-trump-joins-chorus-scalia-assassination-conspiracy-theorists
  • http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/269606-obama-i-dont-believe-trump-will-be-president
    "I continue to believe Mr. Trump will not be president, and the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people, and I think they recognize that being president is a serious job," Obama said at a California press conference. "It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show, it's not promotion, it's not marketing, it's hard. And a lot of people count on us getting it right, and it's not a matter of pandering and doing whatever gets you in the news on a given day."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/269606-obama-i-dont-believe-trump-will-be-president

"I continue to believe Mr. Trump will not be president, and the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people, and I think they recognize that being president is a serious job," Obama said at a California press conference. "It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show, it's not promotion, it's not marketing, it's hard. And a lot of people count on us getting it right, and it's not a matter of pandering and doing whatever gets you in the news on a given day."

It doesn't matter who gets elected in one regard, none of the candidates will be able to match Obama's presence and oratory skills. The man expresses himself with dignity and grace, he has been a shining example of the communication skills a president should have.
  • rgambs said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/269606-obama-i-dont-believe-trump-will-be-president

It doesn't matter who gets elected in one regard, none of the candidates will be able to match Obama's presence and oratory skills. The man expresses himself with dignity and grace, he has been a shining example of the communication skills a president should have.

agreed...no one can look at his record objectively and not come away impressed.

tuh,

Crazy talk

In topic related news..."the Donald Trump juggernaut rolls"

"Reports of Donald Trump's imminent demise as a candidate are clearly and greatly exaggerated. Like a freight train barreling through signals with his horn on full blast, Trump heads down the track towards a possible nomination," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

www.jebbush.com

can I get a WOOT WOOT!
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054

rgambs said:

agreed...no one can look at his record objectively and not come away impressed.

Objective thinking...that would be something wouldn't it?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    objectively speaking, hows that campaign promise to close Gitmo coming along?
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    edited February 2016
    signed an executive order on his 2nd day in office and then "they" got to him....

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-decided-he-wasnt-closing-gitmo-2013-5

"They" got to him on a lot of things...sons a bitches
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
This discussion has been closed.