Options

Anyone else think Pearl Jam opening for U2 is lame?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    brianjd wrote:
    So you admit it!!!!

The man can rock a tambourine ;)!

I don't know what he was saying (I think he was making up shit as he went along....very Bono-ish), but it sounded good.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    dharma69 wrote:
    So you admit it!!!!

The man can rock a tambourine ;)!

I don't know what he was saying (I think he was making up shit as he went along....very Bono-ish), but it sounded good.

Bono sounded awesome with a REAL rock and roll band behind him. Amazing stuff. Yes he can rock.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    Now see....there you go making sense....stop it....please....

You make a point that some, in the heat of the moment, just might be overlooking: this is a U2 concert. A re-scheduled show where U2 IS the primary focus. Pearl Jam is (graciously) just along for the ride....a combo that I find mighty appealing.

But if it's the Pearl Jam experience that you're looking for then this may not be the gig for you. You will be disappointed, have spent a ton of money and then have no one to blame but yourself. Instead, hold out for a full on PJ show where you can get your full joy.

*bloody hell why didn't they put this gig together while they were in California???*

Sorry. Moving on....

Don't get me wrong i am going to go to this show IF Pearl Jam does their own gig. It will be amazing. But Dec 9th is a U2 show with a little bit of Pearl Jam on the side. Now there would be nothing stopping them from adding a Pearl Jam show with cameos from Bono there. It appears that is what the two bands did while in Toronto. We will see. But Im still not buyin......yet
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    Matt83Matt83 Posts: 7
    Wow, 1 whole show that Pearl Jam is opening for U2 and the floodgates seem to have been opened, some people make it seem like the world is ending.

Now I might receive some flack for saying this, for all of you that are bitching about this just remember one thing, it could be worse, Pearl Jam could be opening for that lifeless & souless incarnation that is Lynyrd Skynyrd nowadays.
  • Options
    Matt83 wrote:
    Wow, 1 whole show that Pearl Jam is opening for U2 and the floodgates seem to have been opened, some people make it seem like the world is ending.

Now I might receive some flack for saying this, for all of you that are bitching about this just remember one thing, it could be worse, Pearl Jam could be opening for that lifeless & souless incarnation that is Lynyrd Skynyrd nowadays.
    Okay...that's just evil.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    sbudlongsbudlong Posts: 8
    I agree with you. Anyone who is complaining..please stay home. It will make getting tickets easier. And since you mentioned the $50 tickets, are there any left? I can't find any on Ticketmaster.

dude i agree with u and the guy u quoted, i mean seriously if people are complaining so much about Pearl Jam as an opener for the show, then just dont even go, I mean seriously U2 is an amazing band and deserve the respect. They are prob the biggest band on the planet, and i cant see why people would wanna pass up a show like this. You got U2 and Pearl Jam in one night in Hawaii. I mean what better way than to take a vacation to paradise. I saw pearl jam 5 times on this avocado tour and every show was awesome. So i look forward to seeing them in december.

Irvine 6-02-03, Toronto 9-19-05, Las Vegas 7-06-06, San Diego 7-07-06, Los Angeles 7-09,10 Henry Fonda Show 7-12-06, Honolulu 12-9-06
  • Options
    I agree with you. Anyone who is complaining..please stay home. It will make getting tickets easier. And since you mentioned the $50 tickets, are there any left? I can't find any on Ticketmaster.
    That's because they're all on Ebay now.

Those beautiful $50 GA tickets sold out in 1 minute 42 seconds on Ticketmaster. It was ugly.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Personally I hate U2 with a passion and was more than disappointed to see Pearl Jam opening for them. I think it's totally lame and outright embarrassing for a band as amazing as Pearl Jam to be opening for such an egotistical overrated band like U2. Pearl Jam shouldn't be opening for ANYONE EVER.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    SpoutnikSpoutnik Posts: 26
    What's lame isn't P.J. opening for U2.No,what's lame is how narrow-minded and disrespecful people in here have been toward P.J.'s descision to accept the offer of U2 to open for them.

Has Eddie and the boys committed a crime or something????Since when any descisions by the band must be approved by the fans?For f**k's sake,get a life!!!
    She wears my love like a see-through dress
    Her lips say one thing,her movements something else.
  • Options
    Okay, I didn't read all of the replies, but I have to put my two cents in. I think it is awesome that PJ is opening for a band like U2. Their last few albums have def not been my fav, ATYCLB has a few great songs on it, but face it, U2 is still one of the greatest bands of all time and I think PJ is prob honored to be opening for them. U2 does put on a great show. Albeit, Bono is def too self righteous and talks and talks and talks, but the man is trying to do some good in this world. And aren't all of PJ doing there own thing to make this a better world for all of us? I do have one funny thought-Ed and Bono talking for like 1/2 an hour straight about world peace, etc, etc. LOL. God bless them.

If I could have gotten hold of tix, I would def go. It would be great to see 2 of the greatest bands ever perform on the same stage-and you know at least Ed will sing w/Bono some.

I wish people would stop complaining and just enjoy every show that PJ does. You are lucky if you get to see this show, even if you won't see the usual complete PJ set.

Anyway, sorry, but those are my feelings. Just imagine if PJ got to open a gig for the Who! Ed would be in seventh heaven, bless his heart!
  • Options
    Okay, I didn't read all of the replies, but I have to put my two cents in. I think it is awesome that PJ is opening for a band like U2. Their last few albums have def not been my fav, ATYCLB has a few great songs on it, but face it, U2 is still one of the greatest bands of all time and I think PJ is prob honored to be opening for them. U2 does put on a great show. Albeit, Bono is def too self righteous and talks and talks and talks, but the man is trying to do some good in this world. And aren't all of PJ doing there own thing to make this a better world for all of us? I do have one funny thought-Ed and Bono talking for like 1/2 an hour straight about world peace, etc, etc. LOL. God bless them.

If I could have gotten hold of tix, I would def go. It would be great to see 2 of the greatest bands ever perform on the same stage-and you know at least Ed will sing w/Bono some.

I wish people would stop complaining and just enjoy every show that PJ does. You are lucky if you get to see this show, even if you won't see the usual complete PJ set.

Anyway, sorry, but those are my feelings. Just imagine if PJ got to open a gig for the Who! Ed would be in seventh heaven, bless his heart!

They Will! October 11th In Seattle.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    strilo wrote:
    Personally I hate U2 with a passion and was more than disappointed to see Pearl Jam opening for them. I think it's totally lame and outright embarrassing for a band as amazing as Pearl Jam to be opening for such an egotistical overrated band like U2. Pearl Jam shouldn't be opening for ANYONE EVER.

Obviously, Pearl Jam don't think it's so embarassing and lame. Oh well. I'm sure they would rather do without you as a fan if you think that they are lame.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    This post is a lame.

U2 is a great band
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Pearl Jam shouldn't open for anyone.

I saw U2 last year at Twickenham. Paid £152 for 2 tickets and sat in the 2nd tier in the far corner. Couldn't see part of the stage because of a lighting gantry. What a rip off!!!! The sound was appalling and we left after an hour. I have everything U2 have done but will never put a penny into their coffers again.
  • Options
    neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    dharma69 wrote:
    That's because they're all on Ebay now.

Those beautiful $50 GA tickets sold out in 1 minute 42 seconds on Ticketmaster. It was ugly.

some u2 fans are so proud that the band offers up $50 GA floors...whatever!

the scalpers win
  • Options
    I think its great for the guys in PJ as fans of U2, but as far as being an opening band... PJ is beyond that. Even for the Stones, and Tom Petty. This concert should have been billed as 2 headliners. Not as U2 with an opening band.
    "He said little man you got no buisness gettin' frustrated, you gotta rest, you gotta rest you gotta rest... Reach Doooooown... And pick the crowd up... Carry back in your hands, to the promised land!
  • Options
    Im not sure if i agree or disagree, yet i belive that the band who does the opening shouldent be bigger then the so called "main event" band itself! U2 are great, probably one of the biggest titans in music worldwide....but Pearl Jam...are just Pearl Jam and no one else is!
    Vocês são do caralho - 04/09/06 (best day of my life btw)
    "You might know this one, you wrote it!" - 10/07/2010 (newest best day of my life btw)

:'( "I miss you always"
  • Options
    LAME? Are you kidding me, this is my dream concert!! Pearl Jam and U2 together = Heaven!!

Well, to me at least. I'm a huge U2 fan. No my U2 love doesn't even come near as close as the love I have for Pearl Jam but these are two great bands... and I dunno. I like U2 so what do I care? LOL

But to each their own.

:)
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    U2 bore me, bar a few of their older songs. I'm sure alot of their fans feel the same way about Pearl Jam.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    benhbenh Posts: 11
    U2 and Pearl Jam are 2 of my favorite bands.

Pearl Jam opened for U2 on their Zoo TV Tour and I was lucky to see that.
    U2 and Pearl Jam in Hawaii is my dream show, so people who have the tickets for that concert will have a blast.

U2 is the best and the biggest band ever.

Pearl Jam is one of the best American bends in the last 15 years (maybe the best of all time if you think as the best live band).

I am looking forward to seeing Pearl Jam in a few weeks again.