Options

Post your stereo system!

1464748495052»

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    dudeman said:

These are the Marantz Imperial 5-Gs. New grille cloth just finished tonight. 
    Nice stands.  Sooo much better for the music.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    Gotta get those tweeters to ear level! Makes all the difference in the world. 

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    dudeman said:
    Gotta get those tweeters to ear level! Makes all the difference in the world. 

Absolutely.... It's a mistake a lot of people make in room setup.  Also have to have the right size speakers for the room.  People buy big speakers and sit six feet away from them.  That just does not work.  My best speakers are bookshelves.  
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    dudeman said:

These are the Marantz Imperial 5-Gs. New grille cloth just finished tonight. 
    Outstanding work!  This might be my favorite thread!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    Those speakers look wicked!!
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Thanks! I think I'm going to change the grille cloth again, though. I like the look but the fabric is muffling and muddying up the sound. 

EDIT: I found fabric that looks the same but it is much thinner and lighter. Replaced it today and the speakers sound the same whether the grilles are on or off. They also look like the photos I posted before. 

Back to being a happy dudeman!
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • Options

I ended up trading one of my Marantz 2215bs to a guy I know and I picked up this 2240. It had the original box, styrofoam packing blocks, manual and the clear plastic faceplate protector these shipped with.

Not a single mark on this one. It sounds awesome with the Marantz Imperial 5s, which I was able to get logo badges for, too. 

Part of me feels a little guilty for playing with this 2240 since it's in such good shape and is so clean. I get over that pretty quickly every time I hear it, though. Haha
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    So is it a 2240 and a 2215 on that rack above?  Do they sound almost the same or does the lower output give the 15 a different signature?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So is it a 2240 and a 2215 on that rack above?  Do they sound almost the same or does the lower output give the 15 a different signature?
    Sorry, I should have specified which is which.

The 2240 is pictured next to the Marantz speaker three posts up.

The rack has a 2215b and a 2275. They definitely sound a little different from one another and I have them pushing speakers that are voiced differently, as well.

All of them have nice clarity, detai and warmth; very much the "Marantz sound". 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    dudeman said:

I ended up trading one of my Marantz 2215bs to a guy I know and I picked up this 2240. It had the original box, styrofoam packing blocks, manual and the clear plastic faceplate protector these shipped with.

Not a single mark on this one. It sounds awesome with the Marantz Imperial 5s, which I was able to get logo badges for, too. 

Part of me feels a little guilty for playing with this 2240 since it's in such good shape and is so clean. I get over that pretty quickly every time I hear it, though. Haha
    Excellent stuff right there!  What are you using for your record storage?
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Thanks man. Records are in some Ikea entertainment center thing. Can't remember the exact name since I bought them a dozen years ago. Maybe Besta 2-door floor units?

I have a pair of them stacked. Seems pretty solid. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,483
    That is a Kallax I believe. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,483
    Ah scratch that, looks like a besta indeed

Near to death.
    Here to die.