Options

Post your stereo system!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    edited July 2023
    new configuration....

Marantz 2275
    Technics SL 1500 (through a pyle pre amp into aux)
    Dual 1228 into phono
    Onkyo 6 disc changer into tape 1
    Onkyo Fusion AV 120 watt 4 Ways speaker A
    Marantz HD-660 speaker B
    Rolling Stones out of United Kingdom
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    mickeyrat said:
    new configuration....

Marantz 2275
    Technics SL 1500 (through a pyle pre amp into tape 1)
    Dual 1228 into phono
    Onkyo 6 disc changer into Aux
    Onkyo Fusion AV 120 watt 4 Ways
    Nice! Is it working out to have both turntables connected at once?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    new configuration....

Marantz 2275
    Dual 1228 into phono
    Nice! Is it working out to have both turntables connected at once?

yep. my listening today has been through both.
    could add a 3rd with another pre in tape 2....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    mickeyrat said:
    new configuration....

Marantz 2275
    Dual 1228 into phono

Love the two turntable set-up!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    edited July 2023
    Mickey - did you notice any degradation in sound quality when going from the built in phono stage of the Marantz over to the Pyle?  That's the one downside I was thinking of not using a switch.  

I have a similar setup as you, except I use one TT and two different amplifiers.  I also use the second "out" on my phono stage, but one is RCA and the other is balanced.  
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Mickey - did you notice any degradation in sound quality when going from the built in phono stage of the Marantz over to the Pyle?  That's the one downside I was thinking of not using a switch.  

I have a similar setup as you, except I use one TT and two different amplifiers.  I also use the second "out" on my phono stage, but one is RCA and the other is balanced.  

at first I thought I did. but this invites further testing. Main concern at the moment is both tables have zero space underneath , having plastic housings. Concern will be heat dispersion on the receiver. so I have these 1/4 inch felt stick ons that I hope allow for enough space to disperse. Barring that I would have to change out the stand I am using which currently is MCM 3 drawer piece with one side a storage area with a door. I suppose I could double up the feet to get some more height....

There is such a difference anyway between the 2 tables. Technics is dead quiet whereas the Dual you can hear the operation of the mechanics to a degree. The Dual has several points where contact points can tarnish , diminishing sound some.
    In addition the shop only replaced one bad cap. So what I plan to do is learn and practice soldering to the point I can do a near full restoration on the 2265B first and then the 2275. For now the 2275 is solid enough.

Seems to be working out as is with the Pyle to the 2275. What I can do with the 2265B is run 2 tables through phono 1 & 2 then get a switch or 2 pre amps like the Pyle to utilize both tape 1 & 2 or Tape 1 and Aux....

Wife with be dumbfounded and not understand but I would be able to get the 1216, 1219, 1229Q , 1257 running though that....

Trying to think of a good A/B comparison record. Thinking TEN . I have the Target purple and the Super Deluxe remixed versions. Or t he Vitalogy OG and the remastered version?  OG DSOTM and the remaster?  Can always open up another Alive 12in single to do the A/B that way. Same record, same pressing ..... have several spare copies to sell or give away if anyone is in need?

Hmm, can do Brubeck Time Out , OG 59 and 61 repress mono both.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    further listening to various titles from Lanegan dont show any difference to my ear between the two. His voice is consitent across titles and the music is similar that way too.

so this is either a good review/recommendation for an very inexpensive Pyle preamp or evidence of an inexperienced casual listener ear on my part....

• Options
    edited July 2023
    looking at a pair of Marantz HD66's. woofers need refoamed but the price is right. $40...... 3 way. 150 watts....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    looking at a pair of Marantz HD66's. woofers need refoamed but the price is right. $40...... 3 way. 150 watts....
    Sweet! Those are cool speakers and for that price, definitely worth putting in the effort to refoam them.
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Sweet! Those are cool speakers and for that price, definitely worth putting in the effort to refoam them.

$50 bucks. claimed he had a guy offer that to hold til sunday. I had messaged for the 40 with pu friday. he came back with better the offer than the other guy and get them sooner. I said, I'll match the 50 and get them friday. Meeting at 3......

• Options
    edited July 2023
    And as fate would have it I have a line on a pair of Marantz HD 660 speakers. Wont post the prices as I am negotiating but they are ready to Plug and Play

• Options
    edited July 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

$50 bucks. claimed he had a guy offer that to hold til sunday. I had messaged for the 40 with pu friday. he came back with better the offer than the other guy and get them sooner. I said, I'll match the 50 and get them friday. Meeting at 3......

in hand..... 660's tomorrow morning

660's in hand.....

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited July 2023
    all tone controls and speaker crossover freqs set at 0 +/-  or flat
    loudness on

• Options
    settings same as above

• Options
    Sounds great! 
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    Sounds great! 

Listened to FI front to back. these fuckers add an echo-y feel. like being at a show...  more depth and fullness..... If my wife wasn't home I would be seeing what these puppies can really do.... Have to wait til the weekend when she goes to the pool, weather permitting....

re-foam kit is on the way for the 66's.....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    Sounds great! 

Listened to FI front to back. these fuckers add an echo-y feel. like being at a show...  more depth and fullness..... If my wife wasn't home I would be seeing what these puppies can really do.... Have to wait til the weekend when she goes to the pool, weather permitting....

Marantz did a really nice job designing and making speakers, even though other companies back in the day sold better. 

I'm still searching for a clean pair of Imperial 6's.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dudeman said:
    Sounds great! 

Marantz did a really nice job designing and making speakers, even though other companies back in the day sold better. 

I'm still searching for a clean pair of Imperial 6's.

could have bought a pair of those several months back at the repair shop... $150. passed.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

switched technics to aux , only because its 1 position change on the dial to aux and not 2 to tape 1.

zero change in sound to my ear in either input,  several sessions in now.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    edited July 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    new configuration....

Marantz 2275
    Technics SL 1500 (through a pyle pre amp into aux)
    Dual 1228 into phono
    Onkyo 6 disc changer into tape 1
    Onkyo Fusion AV 120 watt 4 Ways speaker A
    Marantz HD-660 speaker B
    Why a preamp?  That Marantz has a dedicated Phono.

Never mind.  I read the other posts.

Happy speaker hunting.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    My new work are sound system.  Looks good, sounds decent, very affordable.
    IMG

IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

These pics didn't work for me..
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

Nice setup! What model is that Marantz? Also, what speakers are you using?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

Not a fan of my seemingly chaotic work space (my table is actually well organized), or you can't see the photos?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

Not a fan of my seemingly chaotic work space (my table is actually well organized), or you can't see the photos?
    Haha that's funny.  No,  the images were not working,  but they do on my phone.  
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

brianlux said:
    IMG

IMG

Nice setup! What model is that Marantz? Also, what speakers are you using?
    Thanks!
    Yes, its a Marantz 2220 B.   I picked it up dirt cheap years ago because it had some issues, and then later trade an audio repair guy my old JVC for his time to do repairs and it works fine.  The speakers are Polk Audio TSi100 bookshelf speakers, same as what I use in my den.  The turn table is a replacement for an old UK Goldring that I finally got tired of fussing with.  I gave it to the young man who has been helping us with some home repairs.  The new TT is a Project Debut III with Ortofon OM 5E cartridge.  I didn't want to spend a lot for a second turntable, but for the money, I'm plenty satisfied with this one. 

• Options
    Argh!  Spoke too soon about how great this all is.  After all that work... the Marantz has crapped out. The ports for the turntable connectors must be corroded because everything else works fine. I cleaned the connectors with DeoxIT and that seemed to help for a few minutes but then most of the signal crapped out again. It's something internal and with my shaky hand, I would no more tear into a piece of stereo equipment than I would try to perform surgery. So bummed! No one does electronics repair around here. Of course, getting anything fixed anywhere these days is getting more and more difficult in our throw-away society. shake