Post your stereo system!

1484950515254»

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 3,044
    Picked up a pair of B&W speakers today. I haven't heard them yet but I have high expectations. I've read nothing but great things about them. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    dudeman said:
    Picked up a pair of B&W speakers today. I haven't heard them yet but I have high expectations. I've read nothing but great things about them. 
    Vintage? What are they
    edited September 10
    mrussel1 said:
    dudeman said:
    Vintage? What are they
    They are DM602 S2 bookshelf speakers. I got a great deal on them because one of the tweeters has a small dent in it. Replacement diaphragms for these hard to come by but there are aftermarket ones that cost around $15.00. I figured they were worth checking out.

So far, I have only played a few songs through them. I can't hear any distortion from that tweeter. In fact, I think they sound very good. Lots of bass and a lot of detail. They will probably end up getting used as near field monitors in my home studio.

Post edited by dudeman on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    dudeman said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dudeman said:
    Vintage? What are they
    They are DM602 S2 bookshelf speakers. I got a great deal on them because one of the tweeters has a small dent in it. Replacement diaphragms for these hard to come by but there are aftermarket ones that cost around $15.00. I figured they were worth checking out.

So far, I have only played a few songs through them. I can't hear any distortion from that tweeter. In fact, I think they sound very good. Lots of bass and a lot of detail. They will probably end up getting used as near field monitors in my home studio.

Those domes get damaged by heavy breathing.  It's ridiculous.  I recall reading that there should be no audible effect, just visual.  I have a pair of 602s and one is bent.  I can't tell.  
    mrussel1 said:
    dudeman said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dudeman said:
    Vintage? What are they

Those domes get damaged by heavy breathing.  It's ridiculous.  I recall reading that there should be no audible effect, just visual.  I have a pair of 602s and one is bent.  I can't tell.  
    Yeah, they seem pretty delicate. I have been playing them tonight and I can't hear any issues. I might dig into them at some point but they seem fine for now. 

How do you like your 602s? Do you think they compare well to some of the other speakers you've had?