RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Move to the states.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited April 2015

Move to the states.

No thanks, lol.

(I do love the US, but I'm not willing to go bankrupt just because I get really sick).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    PJ_Soul said:

Move to the states.

No thanks, lol.

(I do love the US, but I'm not willing to go bankrupt just because I get really sick).
    Fair enough- Obama care sure sucks ass!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    PJ_Soul said:

i love canada..great place to visit..but i dont see the difference with any other international place
    no tracking to any other country than usa...its how it is and we all have to deal with it..

No, there is no difference (although weird that I was sent a real tracking number, no?). But there SHOULD be tracking for the amount we pay. I know it's possible. All of my other records sent via UPS from the States have tracking to my door. So I don't see why we don't get it through the 10C. We're absolutely paying for it and not getting it. That's what bugs me.
    the system they have is this..they give the orders to ups and at usa they deliver via ups,,thats why no matter the cost usa folks paying they having tracking number
    at international orders they use ups to deliver the orders to the international countries post offices..and from there local post office of the country deliver the packages,thats why they dont have tracking system,cos will be HUGE the cost if they have to pay ups and post office for the tracking..
    or ups to deliver to your home..
    try to tomorrow to go to ups and ship to greece a package with vinyl..cost will be like 100$ best case scenario..if u try post office will be 20-30 $..courier for international packages is crazy expensive..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Sending stuff with the regular post internationally from the US is super expensive too. That is why my family only very rarely gets more than a letter or postcard from me :blush: Well, and like I said, if it is of any comfort for anyone in here, I got a tracking number and live in the US, but I still cannot track my package because UPS for some reason doesn't update. At least I hope it will arrive sooner than international shipping time :lol: If at all....
  • Options

Sending stuff with the regular post internationally from the US is super expensive too. That is why my family only very rarely gets more than a letter or postcard from me :blush: Well, and like I said, if it is of any comfort for anyone in here, I got a tracking number and live in the US, but I still cannot track my package because UPS for some reason doesn't update. At least I hope it will arrive sooner than international shipping time :lol: If at all....

now u said that.i forget to add the HUGE problem with customs.in europe.if 10c choose to sent via ups all the way the package..there is NO WAY to escape cuctoms....UPS means get caught....for sure..
    at post office u get lucky cos they dont care....and they dont snitch the packages to customs as ups does..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943

PJ_Soul said:

i love canada..great place to visit..but i dont see the difference with any other international place
    no tracking to any other country than usa...its how it is and we all have to deal with it..

No, there is no difference (although weird that I was sent a real tracking number, no?). But there SHOULD be tracking for the amount we pay. I know it's possible. All of my other records sent via UPS from the States have tracking to my door. So I don't see why we don't get it through the 10C. We're absolutely paying for it and not getting it. That's what bugs me.
    the system they have is this..they give the orders to ups and at usa they deliver via ups,,thats why no matter the cost usa folks paying they having tracking number
    at international orders they use ups to deliver the orders to the international countries post offices..and from there local post office of the country deliver the packages,thats why they dont have tracking system,cos will be HUGE the cost if they have to pay ups and post office for the tracking..
    try to tomorrow to go to ups and ship to greece a package with vinyl..cost will be like 100$ best case scenario..if u try post office will be 20-30 $..courier for international packages is crazy expensive..
    Dimitris, for an individual shipping, you're correct. For shipments through a business, not at all. We get preferred rates on shipping in our business, because we do a certain amount of business through our couriers, and any smart business will negotiate for these economies of scale pricing schemes. I'd be highly shocked if Ten Club isn't already doing this with UPS Mail Innovations, and even potentially applying a mark-up to let shipping be a profit centre. I'd also be highly shocked if, with some solid negotiation skills, they couldn't revisit their contract to at the very least include tracking until the shipment leaves UPS USA's jurisdiction.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

But with everyone else I order from and uses UPS, the packages track to my door. We do actually have UPS in Canada Dimitris, so your explanation might make more sense in Europe, but there are UPS trucks all over the place here. Either way, if UPS is too much, then use someone else. USPS tracking works GREAT for me (with a transfer to Canada Post, still tracked, at customs), so I don't know why they don't just use them.
    10C's shipping is the ONLY exception. I get better service for less money from EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA who I deal with. Literally. So there is absolutely no reason why 10c can't provide tracked shipping to us at all. If everyone else can do it, 10c can too. I think I absolutely have a good reason to complain about the fact that I pay MORE for shipping with 10C than I do with anyone else and get far less out of what I'm paying for. I really don't think this can be justified. If shitty Mail Innovations can't offer 10C a service where their international customers can track their purchased items even though they're paying rates that should provide it, then 10C needs to find another company for their international shipping.

I live a 3.5 hour drive from the warehouse, and have to pay $27 USD for shipping, with no tracking, and it takes weeks to get here. Usually $27 USD would get the thing to me in 2 - 3 days, with tracking to my door. This is not acceptable to me. If I was paying less, then no problem.

I love the 10C.... but this is my one main complaint. The shipping service just doesn't make sense compared to every other company.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

But with everyone else I order from and uses UPS, the packages track to the border, and then the tracking number switches to Canada Post, so I can still track it to my door. 10C's shipping is the ONLY exception. I get better service for less money from EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA who I deal with. Literally. So there is absolutely no reason why 10c can't provide tracked shipping to us at all. If everyone else can do it, 10c can too. I think I absolutely have a good reason to complain about the fact that I pay MORE for shipping with 10C than I do with anyone else and get far less out of what I'm paying for. I really don't think this can be justified. If shitty Mail Innovations can't offer 10C a service where their international customers can track their purchased items even though they're paying rates that should provide it, then 10C needs to find another company for their international shipping.

I live a 3.5 hour drive from the warehouse, and have to pay $27 USD for shipping, with no tracking, and it takes weeks to get here. Usually $27 USD would get the thing to me in 2 days, with tracking to my door. This is not acceptable to me.
    i understand..i just post whats their system they have for their business
    another exable is the weight..lets say we both order international vinyl boxes..
    im in greece and my package weight 4 lbs..and yours 2lbs and in canada.
    ..we paid the same money..for shipping
    in that case i win... u lose...
    some years ago 10c shipping cost for vinyl to greece was 5 $ and insiode usa 10$..
    want fair for them..
    the point is DOES NOT MATTER you are in Canada and its close to usa..mexico is close too
    ALL COUNTRIES CONSIDER INTERNATIONAL FOR 10C SHIPPING METHOD ..
    So all pay standanrd international shipping with no tracking..
    if they change their system for canada,they need to do it for all..and the shipping cost will be crazy..
  • Options
    edited April 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

But with everyone else I order from and uses UPS, the packages track to the border, and then the tracking number switches to Canada Post, so I can still track it to my door. 10C's shipping is the ONLY exception. I get better service for less money from EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA who I deal with. Literally. So there is absolutely no reason why 10c can't provide tracked shipping to us at all. If everyone else can do it, 10c can too. I think I absolutely have a good reason to complain about the fact that I pay MORE for shipping with 10C than I do with anyone else and get far less out of what I'm paying for. I really don't think this can be justified. If shitty Mail Innovations can't offer 10C a service where their international customers can track their purchased items even though they're paying rates that should provide it, then 10C needs to find another company for their international shipping.

I live a 3.5 hour drive from the warehouse, and have to pay $27 USD for shipping, with no tracking, and it takes weeks to get here. Usually $27 USD would get the thing to me in 2 days, with tracking to my door. This is not acceptable to me.
    i understand..i just post whats their system they have for their business
    another exable is the weight..lets say we both order international vinyl boxes..
    im in greece and my package weight 4 lbs..and yours 2lbs and in canada.
    ..we paid the same money..for shipping
    in that case i win... u lose...
    some years ago 10c shipping cost for vinyl to greece was 5 $ and insiode usa 10$..
    want fair for them..
    the point is DOES NOT MATTER you are in Canada and its close to usa..mexico is close too
    ALL COUNTRIES CONSIDER INTERNATIONAL FOR 10C SHIPPING METHOD ..
    So all pay standanrd international shipping with no tracking..
    if they change their system for canada,they need to do it for all..and the shipping cost will be crazy..
    I just added, btw, that UPS operates in Canada. There is a UPS outlet just a few blocks from my house actually.
    I totally disagree that all international orders should cost the same. No way should a package coming from Seattle to Vancouver cost the same as Seattle to Greece. That's insane. I don't think that 10C would be obligated to people overseas if they at least fixed up shipping to Canada. It's like apples and oranges.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Dimitris, for an individual shipping, you're correct. For shipments through a business, not at all. We get preferred rates on shipping in our business, because we do a certain amount of business through our couriers, and any smart business will negotiate for these economies of scale pricing schemes. I'd be highly shocked if Ten Club isn't already doing this with UPS Mail Innovations, and even potentially applying a mark-up to let shipping be a profit centre. I'd also be highly shocked if, with some solid negotiation skills, they couldn't revisit their contract to at the very least include tracking until the shipment leaves UPS USA's jurisdiction.
    i understand..my opinion is they did a deal with ups t provide all the best cheap method to usa customers and for have the same carrier and for international ordrers they did a simple deal with ups just to get the packages from their store and deliveet to post office of the country..
    to provide that tracking number will cost money for international packages.. ..and seems to me they didnt do any other deal...
    santos post a link in the past whats will cost a tracking [ackage for international shipping and cost went HUGE..thats why at vault vinyl,and vs-vitalogy deluxe they choose other carrier for european orders for the cost dont goes crazy high..
    they prefer to sent unsafe packages with no secure of arrival and have to refound than do a deal INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING and add that cost the total of shipping..seems to me they did whats best for them..cos for an exable if a record cost to me 50$ only the shipping with tracking number from usa to greece,i wouldnt buy it from 10c
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think just saying that the company they use for international orders is expensive, so suck it, is a HUGE cop out. If the service that 10C uses can't handle international shipping properly, then it is 10C's responsibility to find a way to do it so that their members aren't being completely ripped off. $27 USD without tracking to Canada is a HUGE RIP OFF. I really don't care why it is the way it is. I want 10C to do something about it.
  • Options
    I just added, btw, that UPS operates in Canada. There is a UPS outlet just a few blocks from my house actually.
    I totally disagree that all international orders should cost the same. No way should a package coming from Seattle to Vancouver cost the same as Seattle to Greece. That's insane. I don't think that 10C would be obligated to people overseas if they at least fixed up shipping to Canada. It's like apples and oranges.

no its not oranges and apples..cos u dont know what ups asked them for interantional shipping per item..even its canada whicj is next door..YOU ARE FOREIGHN COUNTRY..u dont know what ups asks for shipping cos its outside of usa
    so as it seems they did a whole world price thing so they keep the cost at normal prices..
    cos ALOT of countries has crazy prices with taxes and customs..and europe and SA..
    s they put a fixed thing for everyone outside usa
    i buy stuff form ebay years now....the most common thing i see is
    STANDARD INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST...no matter which country ships to which country..
    i bought a charger for my mobile from hong kong and no matter if im in greece or in china and japan the shipping cost is the same..
  • Options
    i just made a check at ups.,com..
    seattle to vancouver..ship a package of 4lbs ..like a benny boxset
    how much will cost u nwith tracking number..your eyes will bleed from the price..
  • Options
    edited April 2015

how much will cost u nwith tracking number..your eyes will bleed from the price..

But a company wouldn't be paying prices like that unless they are really doing something wrong. In any case, if UPS Business really is still too expensive, then I expect 10C to do something else. Really, I don't care how much it costs UPS. I care that 10C doesn't work out something better, because I know that it's possible, and know that EVERYONE ELSE does it.

Frankly, I don't understand why you think this is reasonable Dimitris!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

But a company wouldn't be paying prices like that unless they are really doing something wrong. In any case, if UPS Business really is still too expensive, then I expect 10C to do something else. Really, I don't care how much it costs UPS. I care that 10C doesn't work out something better, because I know that it's possible, and know that EVERYONE ELSE does it.

Frankly, I don't understand why you think this is reasonable Dimitris!
    I DONT SAY ITS REASONABLE..thats im trying to explain u with my greekglish..
    a company use..STANDARD INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COST FOR ALL THE COUNTRIES,NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE|!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they dont say..its canada ,its close..lets give them some tracking for free..
    the price when package leaves with ups ,usa boarders goes crazy HIGH!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I understand! ;) (although it did sound like you thought it was okay... we all know how it works I think; you were just sounding like you thought it was a justification). And what I'm saying is that's fucking ridiculous, lol. No one else does that, so why does 10C?? I don't get it, and it pisses me off!!
    And I am not asking for FREE tracking. I am asking for tracking. I get tracking from everyone else for less money. That's fucked up. Also, most US companies do in fact have different shipping rates for Canada compared to overseas.
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    PJ_Soul said:

I think just saying that the company they use for international orders is expensive, so suck it, is a HUGE cop out. If the service that 10C uses can't handle international shipping properly, then it is 10C's responsibility to find a way to do it so that their members aren't being completely ripped off. $27 USD without tracking to Canada is a HUGE RIP OFF. I really don't care why it is the way it is. I want 10C to do something about it.

AMEN!!!!!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes, I understand! ;) (although it did sound like you thought it was okay... we all know how it works I think; you were just sounding like you thought it was a justification). And what I'm saying is that's fucking ridiculous, lol. No one else does that, so why does 10C?? I don't get it, and it pisses me off!!
    And I am not asking for FREE tracking. I am asking for tracking. I get tracking from everyone else for less money. That's fucked up. Also, most US companies do in fact have different shipping rates for Canada compared to overseas.

seems to me 10c did a very sweet deal of the cost for domestic shipping with ups and the whole enviroment thing with paper of packages and all..and they couldnt have cheap system with tracking for international..and we have this thing now..
    all companies and post offices works different
    10 days ago i sent a package to illinois
    the cost was high for the weight..was 0.5 lbs and the cost was 21 euros..like 23$ and ONLY 3 $ extra for reserved and tracking number..so i paid 26$ with tracking..
    the crazy now..if was 0.4 lbs will be 12$ +3 $ ..15 total with tracking number..so if i was putting like less tape ,would be cheaper!!
    Tracking number from greece is very cheap but not the shipping cost of the package....is how greek post office do business
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited April 2015
    It is the same in the US, Dimi.

In Germany, you could ship an LP for three bucks, but it was always uninsured and with no tracking. If you want tracking, you gotta go for the "package" option as opposed to media mail or little package. I always thought that was bullshit. I like the system where you pay a small additional charge to get a tracking number on any package.

Maybe at this point it would make sense for them to open a separate EU merch store? Then they could maybe negotiate lower costs for Canadians and anybody in the Americas too.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    Time for some Milano cookies and a stiff drink?!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    No idea what it's like for Europe. I only know about Canada. And 10C is doing it wrong for Canadians compared to other comparable organizations.

Haha. The environmental side of it is probably what pisses me off the most. They say they use Mail Innovations because the service is better for the environment. This was so important to them that they used a more expensive service and passed the increase onto the members. Meanwhile, Mail Innovations is driving and flying our packages back and forth across the country with no apparent plan. It's like all of their pilots and drivers are indefinitely and hopelessly lost without a map. People's packages are literally passing their city two or three times, skirting their state and going two states over, and then coming backwards to finally arrive at the destination, lol.... I cannot imagine a more environmentally IRRESPONSIBLE way for a company to do it.
  • Options

It is the same in the US, Dimi.

In Germany, you could ship an LP for three bucks, but it was always uninsured and with no tracking. If you want tracking, you gotta go for the "package" option as opposed to media mail or little package. I always thought that was bullshit. I like the system where you pay a small additional charge to get a tracking number on any package.

Maybe at this point it would make sense for them to open a separate EU merch store? Then they could maybe negotiate lower costs for Canadians and anybody in the Americas too.

i agree!!thats good idea
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

No idea what it's like for Europe. I only know about Canada. And 10C is doing it wrong for Canadians compared to other comparable organizations.

Haha. The environmental side of it is probably what pisses me off the most. They say they use Mail Innovations because the service is better for the environment. This was so important to them that they used a more expensive service and passed the increase onto the members. Meanwhile, Mail Innovations is driving and flying our packages back and forth across the country with no apparent plan. It's like all of their pilots and drivers are indefinitely and hopelessly lost without a map. People's packages are literally passing their city two or three times, skirting their state and going two states over, and then coming backwards to finally arrive at the destination, lol.... I cannot imagine a more environmentally IRRESPONSIBLE way for a company to do it.

i have to admit.i like u pissed..not sure why..but i like it!!
  • Options
    Hussa said:

Time for some Milano cookies and a stiff drink?!

man,im waititng from a friend 2 packages..dont laugh..2 postes at 1 tube-one post is pits 13 and the other package has 2 vinyl ,one is sighned form mike and milano cookies..
    my friend pm and told me about she shipped them, and the only thing i asked was
    did u put the cookies at the package?
    hahahahhahaha
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

i have to admit.i like u pissed..not sure why..but i like it!!
    :lol:

Grrrrr!!!!!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    the capital of Canada is Ottawa
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee said:

the capital of Canada is Ottawa

Tell me more, Mr. Science. =)
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,987
    mikesbri said:

I just hope they don't give international folks the leftovers since it won't be tracked. I doubt they would want a Benny sent without it being tracked.

i hope some bennys show up in europe and it would extremely bad if they end up showing all in US to be honest.

Not everyone in the whole knows of a price for a benny so i tihnk it would be fair to european fans to able to score some rare LP´s.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Three of Canada’s islands make the top ten for size in the world – Baffin, Ellesmere and Victoria.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2