Options

mystery vinyl canada tracking?

tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
Did this mail innovations work for anyone in canada? Mine still shows ready for ups so I think it's safe to assume this will not update at this point, anyone else have more info?
EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
Toronto - 2009
NYC Night 2 - 2010
Toronto Night 2 - 2011
Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
London,ON - 2013
Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
Buffalo - 2013
Charlottesville - 2013
Charlotte - 2013
Detroit - 2014
Ottawa - 2016
Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963
    I think that only worked for US people.

At least for me (Portugal) its still showing the same as you although i got an answer from the 10c saying that all RSD was shipped already.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    I'm in Toronto area, still says ready for ups. If they've all gone out, I'll have to start checkin' the mail everday. A little excitement as I walk to the mailbox, followed by sorrow as I find it's no there yet. Haha
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    tinz. said:

Did this mail innovations work for anyone in canada? Mine still shows ready for ups so I think it's safe to assume this will not update at this point, anyone else have more info?

I was starting to think the same thing, I don't think it will work for us international folks.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Where are my fellow canucks seeing "ready for UPS"?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    edited April 2015
    benjs said:

Where are my fellow canucks seeing "ready for UPS"?

If you track by reference number and add a 1 to the end of your order number it will show up
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 847
    I have that same message as of April 20th. I think because we are international it doesn't get tracked.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    mikesbri said:

I think because we are international it doesn't get tracked.

unfortunally thats the reason.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm in the same boat, but I am not international. Does not help a lot with my impatience :lol:
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    edited April 2015
    Yeah! How great is it that we pay over $26 in U.S. Funds and can't even track our expensive packages? Factor in the exchange rate for the package plus the shipping cost. Close to $100 Canadian. We Canadians all better get our money's worth! Just saying!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    Hussa said:

Yeah! How great is it that we pay over $26 in U.S. Funds and can't even track our expensive packages?

i think it would be great if that changed , we (non-us fans) have to wait a very long time sometimes for something to arrive and to have a tracking number for our package would be a great safetly net to know where your package is.

to bad 10c will never do this

• Options
    I have ordered a couple of things from Tenclub in the past and had them shipped to Germany. They all arrived without any problems. It just took a little longer. Fear not. Your stuff will get there and be safe.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

I'm in Toronto area, still says ready for ups. If they've all gone out, I'll have to start checkin' the mail everday. A little excitement as I walk to the mailbox, followed by sorrow as I find it's no there yet. Haha

In Toronto also...I'd be surprised if it shows up before 2nd week of May.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options

I have ordered a couple of things from Tenclub in the past and had them shipped to Germany. They all arrived without any problems. It just took a little longer. Fear not. Your stuff will get there and be safe.

i dont think im wrong(if thats the case im sorry) but im pretty sure if packages were sent with UPS tracking they wouldnt stop at custums for once which sucks because we have to end up paying more money for something we already paid for. (im hoping my RSD doesnt get stopped at custums)
  • Options
    I have went to customs a lot back in Germany. I never had to pay a lot, I think the most was like 8 Euros. You can look up how much it is in your country. Sometimes I did not have to pay anything. It was just a hassle going there. I think customs get on it when there is no clear display of the value on the outside of the package. But maybe I am remembering that wrong.
  • Options
    I have never paid customs on my 10C packages. As for shipping my Vault 4 came pretty quick. I received roughly 2 weeks after it was shipped. I think we should get our mystery backspacer vinyl by the end of next week.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited April 2015
    Weird. No reference number here - just an order number, and with the 1 tacked on at the end, no tracking info available still. EDIT: My bad. 2.2 lbs - guess I'm getting a good ol' fashioned 12" and 7" :)
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    The 2.2lbs was the same for everyone. It's supposed to change once it gets shipped but for us Canadians I think ours won't get updated.
    I just hope they don't give international folks the leftovers since it won't be tracked. I doubt they would want a Benny sent without it being tracked.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited April 2015
    just_one said:

i dont think im wrong(if thats the case im sorry) but im pretty sure if packages were sent with UPS tracking they wouldnt stop at custums for once which sucks because we have to end up paying more money for something we already paid for. (im hoping my RSD doesnt get stopped at custums)
    In Canada, you pay customs on everything that crosses, but it's based on value. I assume 10c noted that the value of this package is $50 (or less), so no one in Canada would need to pay customs on it. Same with the Vault packages.

Yeah, I actually got a UPS tracking number email, but the shipment hasn't been updated at all. I don't expect to see any updates. I'm sure it will just arrive in a couple of weeks. I had hopes that I would be able to track it this time, since I actually got a tracking number for the first time, but no dice.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    Same boat here. I created an account with UPS and gave them the reference number from 10c. I was able to receive a tracking number that shows my package at 2.2lbs, but hasn't yet been picked up by UPS.
    Not a huge deal, it just makes the waiting easier if you can see progress being made.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    GustieIII said:

Same boat here. I created an account with UPS and gave them the reference number from 10c. I was able to receive a tracking number that shows my package at 2.2lbs, but hasn't yet been picked up by UPS.
    Not a huge deal, it just makes the waiting easier if you can see progress being made.

I didn't even have to use a reference number. I got an actual tracking number emailed to me directly from UPS. So that's why I thought maybe something new was about to happen, lol. But nope. It also just says 2.2 lbs and no tracking is actually happening like everyone else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791

I'm in toronto too....can you shed some light on the tracking? i haven't received any tracking number etc

A
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    No tracking will be available for Canadians or any international orders. The reference number on mail innovations will only show a label was printed. I'm guessing ETA is next Friday 5/8
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    PJ_Soul said:

In Canada, you pay customs on everything that crosses, but it's based on value. I assume 10c noted that the value of this package is $50 (or less), so no one in Canada would need to pay customs on it. Same with the Vault packages

That's not exactly accurate.

If the item is marked as a gift, you will not have to pay duty or tax if the value is declared at $60 or less. If the value declared is more than $60, you are responsible for tax or duty on the amount over $60.

If the item is marked as goods, you will not have to pay duty or tax if the value is declared at $20 or less. If the value declared is more than $20, you are responsible for tax or duty on the full amount.

Having said that, the CBSA agent has to physically process the item so it's always a possibility that an item could slip through without duty or tax imposed if the CBSA agent didn't notice the value declared.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I love Canada
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,208
    100 Pacer said:

Having said that, the CBSA agent has to physically process the item so it's always a possibility that an item could slip through without duty or tax imposed if the CBSA agent didn't notice the value declared.

I find most stuff I get that's valued under $100 (including when it's not marked as a gift) comes through without being assessed for taxes. The CBSA lets alot of stuff slide. Hence why it's best when it gets handed to Canada Post at the border (couriers charge an arm and leg for assessing taxes on stuff, so they have a financial incentive to check every package).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    100 Pacer said:

PJ_Soul said:

In Canada, you pay customs on everything that crosses, but it's based on value. I assume 10c noted that the value of this package is $50 (or less), so no one in Canada would need to pay customs on it. Same with the Vault packages

That's not exactly accurate.

If the item is marked as a gift, you will not have to pay duty or tax if the value is declared at $60 or less. If the value declared is more than $60, you are responsible for tax or duty on the amount over $60.

If the item is marked as goods, you will not have to pay duty or tax if the value is declared at $20 or less. If the value declared is more than $20, you are responsible for tax or duty on the full amount.

I have NEVER paid duty on anything that was $50 or less and marked as goods. So either Canada Customs NEVER does its job properly, or that is not accurate. From what Zod says, I guess no one at Customs cares when it's less than a certain amount.
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    smarchee said:

I love Canada

Lmfao!! Thanx dude!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i love canada..great place to visit..but i dont see the difference with any other international place
    no tracking to any other country than usa...its how it is and we all have to deal with it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

i love canada..great place to visit..but i dont see the difference with any other international place
    no tracking to any other country than usa...its how it is and we all have to deal with it..

No, there is no difference (although weird that I was sent a real tracking number, no?). But there SHOULD be tracking for the amount we pay. I know it's possible. All of my other records sent via UPS from the States have tracking to my door. So I don't see why we don't get it through the 10C. We're absolutely paying for it and not getting it. That's what bugs me.
  • Options
    Sometimes you can track via customs number but I don't think 10c sends that out.