Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    demetrios, can you pm me the my generation mp3 as well please? I was up close on in section 107...it was awesome...but we didn't get any audio/video. Thank you so much in advance!

Classic when Ed forgot he was up to perform Betterman...Pete was like "Eddie, that's you"...had a fantastic time!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821

demetrios, can you pm me the my generation mp3 as well please? I was up close on in section 107...it was awesome...but we didn't get any audio/video. Thank you so much in advance!

Classic when Ed forgot he was up to perform Betterman...Pete was like "Eddie, that's you"...had a fantastic time!

Here's the MP3 .. Celebrating The Who - 2015-05-14 - Rosemont [16-bit] to V0 MP3.zip http://we.tl/cO3M8KTTPf from Dime. :)
  • Options
    hmm .. wetransfer.com is down. Here's a Mega link .. https://mega.co.nz/#!CAVijQzS!Ch-Knl_FZWIgmWVM01h8DX8GG_tUf8Y6IqQUsTgHzZU
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Nothing but good memories from Chicago a couple days ago!

Yes, it did end rather abruptly, and my bf and I walked out a bit confused--but, it didn't take away from how awesome the actual show was. Such a unique show--you're never gonna see any of that again, most likely. I thought Ed sounded particularly fantastic, and it was so awesome to see him so excited to be there. Behind Blue Eyes was definitely the highlight--how special to hear. Also loved Blue, Red, and Grey as well as Better Man (I was thinking this could happen and was pleasantly surprised when it did!). Joan Jett and Joe Walsh doing Summertime Blues was super fun as well. An all around great time, I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go.

We waited around for Ed at the end, but had to bail early--wish we were more prepared. No rain gear, tired, hungry, thirsty. Congrats to all who stuck around though all that and got to meet him!

Can't wait to explore Chicago more in August for the Foos show at Wrigley!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Radio ‏@pjradio

Celebrate @TheWho on the "Faithfull Forum" NOW on Channel 22. Call in at 855-973-2755 #teencanceramerica #eddievedder #petetownshend

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    For anyone who bought merchandise at this concert, could you do me a big favor and post the name that it came up as on your credit card? I have a charge to something called "Cheli's Book Club" that seemed suspicious but I didn't want to dispute it if it is from the merchandise from this show. Thanks!
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182

For anyone who bought merchandise at this concert, could you do me a big favor and post the name that it came up as on your credit card? I have a charge to something called "Cheli's Book Club" that seemed suspicious but I didn't want to dispute it if it is from the merchandise from this show. Thanks!

that's what i have
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Just so everyone knows, the poster wasn't screen print,
    branscop said:

that's what i have
    Me too :)
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    CopperTom said:

I was lucky enough to meet Eddie at O'hare yesterday. I got a handshake. :)

Just curious I flew out Saturday...what time was that
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Thanks! That would have been really bad if I disputed that charge!
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    PJArtist said:

CopperTom said:

I was lucky enough to meet Eddie at O'hare yesterday. I got a handshake. :)

Just curious I flew out Saturday...what time was that
    11:00 am ish.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The show was filmed. Hopefully we'll have a DVD before too long. :smiley:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    Suziemay said:

Just so everyone knows, the poster wasn't screen print,

branscop said:

that's what i have
    Me too :)
    same company would show up if you bought raffle tickets from the Teen Cancer booth
  • Options
    any links still working for this show? previous ones have expired in this thread.
  • Options
    tschav said:

any links still working for this show? previous ones have expired in this thread.

MP3 or Flac? I will try to upload later today. :)
  • Options
    Celebrating The Who - 2015-05-14 - Rosemont [16-bit].zip
    http://we.tl/GJdaWYsYcg

Celebrating The Who - 2015-05-14 - Rosemont [16-bit] to V0 MP3.zip
    http://we.tl/158SoT3W4s
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    No problemo! :)
  • Options
    This is pretty freaking sweet!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0iZv3_Iuo
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,013
    That's a great video. Simon and Eddie really sound great together.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I went to see Simon in NYC on Wednesday. He said Ed has been sending a lot of positive energy his way recently and it was such an honor to hear his song in Ed's voice (I think Ed did I Am The Answer at Simon's Chicago show?). Of course almost died thinking Ed would saunter on stage (he did not) but it's always awesome hearing nice things about my favourite band. I like knowing that they are good people.
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,568
    demetrios said:

This is pretty freaking sweet!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0iZv3_Iuo

Nice! Thanks!
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,098
    Dang those links went away fast. Would appreciate it someone could re-up, many thanks in advance.
  • Options
    ceska said:

Dang those links went away fast. Would appreciate it someone could re-up, many thanks in advance.

I'll re upload late this afternoon.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Is this the botox thread?

Anyway, listening to Chicago boot - 08-23-09 and encore 2 Ed says he'll be getting botox the next day :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Anyway, listening to Chicago boot - 08-23-09 and encore 2 Ed says he'll be getting botox the next day :lol:

Shit...it was the Letterman thread
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

it's ok. you reminded me..
    that was a fun show.... I think he was referencing how Michael Jackson turned into a freak with all his facial "surgery"... then he kicked into "Ben">"Rats"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

it's ok. you reminded me..
    that was a fun show.... I think he was referencing how Michael Jackson turned into a freak with all his facial "surgery"... then he kicked into "Ben">"Rats"
    Yep
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    ceska said:

Celebrating The Who - 2015-05-14 - Rosemont [16-bit] to V0 MP3.zip
    http://we.tl/kuTy5bvuZZ