Options

Your pick for first U.S. female president?

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Jill Stein and, if she changes her mind on Monsanto, Warren.

Hillary is a DINO see you next Tuesday.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Hillary Clinton
    brianlux said:

callen said:

Has Hillary been convicted of wrong doing? No.

So as all can see I picked Hilliary. Cause I like her? No. Cause I want Bill back? No.

Cause only Dem that appears to have a chance of beating those that pander to Idiocracy and may allow this support to allow another Roberts, Scalia or Thomas.

Unlimited fucking corporation campaign donations. Fuck fuck fuck.

It is sad, Callen, that as usual we will all either throw away our vote on a third party candidate (I've done that before) or vote for a candidate we're not really all that crazy about- the lesser of two evils (so-to-speak) thing.

How would you feel about Elizabeth Warren if she ran?

Really need to check her out. Know very little.

As to just picking best of worse, i don't know. I feel good about what Obama's done so think that was a good vote. And in the end I really worry about corporations controlling our court and appeasing absolutely fucked up religious positions so I feel confident that Hillary will pick better than fucking Cruz so I'm all in.

Yes I'll pay more taxes. even though I'm old still idealistic.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hillary Clinton
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

So as all can see I picked Hilliary. Cause I like her? No. Cause I want Bill back? No.

Cause only Dem that appears to have a chance of beating those that pander to Idiocracy and may allow this support to allow another Roberts, Scalia or Thomas.

I find this surprising

Edit- not being sarcastic
    Elaborate
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    I am just amazed that you can look past all the financial dealings. If anyone is in the pockets of corporations this time around it is her. You can't rail against corporations and money like you do and support a Clinton can you? There are untainted Democratic candidates out there. For you to support her just seems so unprincipled.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Other

I'm not voting ever again for presidential elections
    1- I'll never ever vote for a fucking republican ever .....
    2- voted for Obama , the less of two evils that will be the last time I do that ....

I voted dem/rep in my very first election in 96. I voted for slick willie. That was the last time I voted for either of those 2 parties in a presidential election. I voted for the green party a couple of times, the independent candidate once, and the libertarian candidate in the most recent election.

People tell me I waste my vote. I tell them they are wasting their vote. I try and explain to people that the more votes the third and fourth party candidates get, the better their chances rel of getting to be part of the debates. Why not let them in? They may say something people like. They may say something that goes against the status quo. Democrats and Republicans couldn't have that, could they?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    I am just amazed that you can look past all the financial dealings. If anyone is in the pockets of corporations this time around it is her. You can't rail against corporations and money like you do and support a Clinton can you? There are untainted Democratic candidates out there. For you to support her just seems so unprincipled.
    "this time around" whereas from 2000-2008 it was your 2 fucktards who were in bed with money corporations. My how quickly we forget Halliburton. Or Wall Street. And that was ok with u back then. Well, don't know that for sure cuz you just came out of the woodworks recently and got all political
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    "this time around" whereas from 2000-2008 it was your 2 fucktards who were in bed with money corporations. My how quickly we forget Halliburton. Or Wall Street. And that was ok with u back then. Well, don't know that for sure cuz you just came out of the woodworks recently and got all political
    Well that's my point...if Obama brought the change why would anyone go back to another Bush or Clinton? It just blows my mind that Callen can support Hillary even as a lesser of two evils. Do the possible supreme court nominations really trump all else?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    Well that's my point...if Obama brought the change why would anyone go back to another Bush or Clinton? It just blows my mind that Callen can support Hillary even as a lesser of two evils. Do the possible supreme court nominations really trump all else?
    I can't and won't speak for my man callen. But I will say that BOTH sides suck major donkey balls. And we need some new faces and change. It's not gonna happen.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    I can't and won't speak for my man callen. But I will say that BOTH sides suck major donkey balls. And we need some new faces and change. It's not gonna happen.
    Well I know that most people on here would never consider voting for a Republican but I think they have a ton of fresh faces with very diverse backgrounds and I'm looking forward to see them all debate.
  • Options
    Like the debates are legit. They wouldn't even let Ron Paul even debate. That's the ONLY republican I'd ever vote for.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Elizabeth Warren
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    Well I know that most people on here would never consider voting for a Republican but I think they have a ton of fresh faces with very diverse backgrounds and I'm looking forward to see them all debate.
    Fresh faces, yes for sure. There are some fringe nutjobs in the running though.
    Hillary blows, but the Supreme Court nominees and balances with the other branches are probably more important than the candidate themsel. Allowing the Tea Party to gain more influence would plunge us into immediate war and dire economic consequences.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate

Hillary blows, .
    There are some that may argue with that statement.
  • Options

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate

Hillary blows, .
    There are some that may argue with that statement.
    This was funny, good shit hahaha
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Elizabeth Warren

I'm not voting ever again for presidential elections
    1- I'll never ever vote for a fucking republican ever .....
    2- voted for Obama , the less of two evils that will be the last time I do that ....

I voted dem/rep in my very first election in 96. I voted for slick willie. That was the last time I voted for either of those 2 parties in a presidential election. I voted for the green party a couple of times, the independent candidate once, and the libertarian candidate in the most recent election.

People tell me I waste my vote. I tell them they are wasting their vote. I try and explain to people that the more votes the third and fourth party candidates get, the better their chances rel of getting to be part of the debates. Why not let them in? They may say something people like. They may say something that goes against the status quo. Democrats and Republicans couldn't have that, could they?
    I honestly believe that if you vote for the person you feel is most qualified you are not wasting your vote. If everyone really thought about their choices and voted on what they believe, things would be different. And I say this knowing people I very much respect who believe it is more important to vote either rep or dem.

callen said:

brianlux said:

callen said:

It is sad, Callen, that as usual we will all either throw away our vote on a third party candidate (I've done that before) or vote for a candidate we're not really all that crazy about- the lesser of two evils (so-to-speak) thing.

How would you feel about Elizabeth Warren if she ran?

Really need to check her out. Know very little.

As to just picking best of worse, i don't know. I feel good about what Obama's done so think that was a good vote. And in the end I really worry about corporations controlling our court and appeasing absolutely fucked up religious positions so I feel confident that Hillary will pick better than fucking Cruz so I'm all in.

Yes I'll pay more taxes. even though I'm old still idealistic.
    Yeah, Warren is definitely doing some good things. I think we'll be hearing more from her and about her.

I've gone back and forth on Obama. In some ways he disappointed me but more often than not it was because his hands were tied. Overall I'm mostly pleased with his him as president, especially as he has become more outspoken on environment.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    Hillary blows, but the Supreme Court nominees and balances with the other branches are probably more important than the candidate themsel. Allowing the Tea Party to gain more influence would plunge us into immediate war and dire economic consequences.
    Tea Party does not equal neo-con. Some parts overlap on the ven diagram of conservatism but others don't. For example Rand Paul would be considered a "tea party" candidate but not a neo-con candidate.

And as far as the courts are concerned...this court for the most part will be deciding marriage, the ACA etc. Sure other cases come up from time to time but social issues will pretty much be put to bed after this ruling. Roe is never getting overturned so I am just not sure why the make up of the next court is so important that you could look past the current transgressions of the Clinton's.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Elizabeth Warren
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    Tea Party does not equal neo-con. Some parts overlap on the ven diagram of conservatism but others don't. For example Rand Paul would be considered a "tea party" candidate but not a neo-con candidate.

And as far as the courts are concerned...this court for the most part will be deciding marriage, the ACA etc. Sure other cases come up from time to time but social issues will pretty much be put to bed after this ruling. Roe is never getting overturned so I am just not sure why the make up of the next court is so important that you could look past the current transgressions of the Clinton's.
    I see what you are saying, but issues will always be around. Campaign contributions and finance, immigration, marijuana... Not to mention the fact that an uber con court could undo any progress at any time.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Other
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

I think Clinton is going down. I just don't see how she survives the current news. The Democratic party can do way better then this. If you watch this...yes I know fox news...it just seems way too dirty to me. It's the ultimate collusion of money, politics, power etc. My guess is she drops out shortly and Warren runs.

https://youtu.be/rA-vSIIyz9I

I just watched this on the news....Bill getting $500m PER speaking engagment for at least 8 of them ???...hundreds of millions of $$ donated to thier charity foundation for political favors HAHHAHHAHHA they're both toast, see ya Bill and Hil HAHHAHHAHHAHHAH

Godfather.

$500 MILLION per speaking engagement, wow, that's just unbelievable, unless you're a faux believer or bleiber. Haha
    bleiber ? what the heck is that ?

Godfather.

• Options
    Hillary Clinton
    BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    So BS you are right I don't like Clinton and wish we'd not see a Bush or Clinton again. And yes she's done some questionable things.

The thread topic was first woman president so looking and only one in race and she is front runner so she may well be the first and I'll likely chose her versus what other side picks as what's most important to me is Supreme Court nominations. Couple more Scalia's and we 're truly fucked.

Also after Obama, Clinton is the next whipping post for conservatives so you are likely getting barraged by anti Hillary crap. When I listen to her words about policy and her job she represents better than the ayatollahs on the other side.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    By the way it's not $ 500 million for lecture appearances by Bill Clinton its $ 500 K , no one gets paid 500 million to lecture not even your beloved Jesus Christ lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

By the way it's not $ 500 million for lecture appearances by Bill Clinton its $ 500 K , no one gets paid 500 million to lecture not even your beloved Jesus Christ lol

100% Jose haha
  • Options
    Other
    badbrains said:

100% Jose haha
    ooop's my mistake, and I take it Ala or what ever you call him would ? LOL! grow up bb.

Godfather.

• Options
    Hillary Clinton
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate

Sad thing you can almost guarantee how Scalia will vote. And it's not for individual rights. Roe is being eaten away and ACA could be attacked easily. Not taking the chance to turn this country back.
  • Options

badbrains said:

100% Jose haha
    ooop's my mistake, and I take it Ala or what ever you call him would ? LOL! grow up bb.

Godfather.

Don't make me send you a tampon GF, I was laughing at the $500 million per speaking engagement. Us Muslims believe in Jesus, thought all Christians knew this.
  • Options
    Same God as you believe in gf:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate

I see what you are saying, but issues will always be around. Campaign contributions and finance, immigration, marijuana... Not to mention the fact that an uber con court could undo any progress at any time.
    I just don't find that likely. The court has pretty much been conservative since Reagan and we haven't really seen the undoing of progress.
    callen said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

I find this surprising

Elaborate
    So BS you are right I don't like Clinton and wish we'd not see a Bush or Clinton again. And yes she's done some questionable things.

The thread topic was first woman president so looking and only one in race and she is front runner so she may well be the first and I'll likely chose her versus what other side picks as what's most important to me is Supreme Court nominations. Couple more Scalia's and we 're truly fucked.

Also after Obama, Clinton is the next whipping post for conservatives so you are likely getting barraged by anti Hillary crap. When I listen to her words about policy and her job she represents better than the ayatollahs on the other side.
    Her words? What words? She has answered a grand total of 7 questions she announced her candidacy.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-elections/here-are-all-seven-media-questions-hillary-clinton-has-answered-during-her-campaign-20150427

She is pretty much not taking a stand on any issue right now. Take the trade deal for example...where does she stand? That's called coasting. And as far as the Ayatollahs are concerned...in the last election Hillary was fundamentally against same-sex marriage. Her husband passed the defence of marriage act. If anyone has a history of religious conviction trumping sensible policy it is her.
  • Options
    Other
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

100% Jose haha

Godfather.

Don't make me send you a tampon GF, I was laughing at the $500 million per speaking engagement. Us Muslims believe in Jesus, thought all Christians knew this.
    no, there is very little I know about US Muslims but you saying that they believe in Jesus is interesting,
    what do they believe ? (about Jesus) and no I'm not being sarcastic, if you have the time I would be interested to hear about that.

Godfather.

• Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

100% Jose haha

Godfather.

no, there is very little I know about US Muslims but you saying that they believe in Jesus is interesting,
    what do they believe ? (about Jesus) and no I'm not being sarcastic, if you have the time I would be interested to hear about that.

Godfather.

We Muslims around the world believe Jesus was a prophet and hold him up to the highest standards. The only difference between Islam and Christianity when it comes to Jesus is that we don't believe he's gods son. Pretty much it.
  • Options
    Other
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

100% Jose haha

Godfather.

Godfather.

We Muslims around the world believe Jesus was a prophet and hold him up to the highest standards. The only difference between Islam and Christianity when it comes to Jesus is that we don't believe he's gods son. Pretty much it.
    thanks BB ! that was some cool stuff !

Godfather.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

100% Jose haha

Godfather.

Godfather.

"....the only difference....". A small, but crucial difference :smiley:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

100% Jose haha

Godfather.

Godfather.

"....the only difference....". A small, but crucial difference :smiley:
    Ya, that's true hahaha