Options

Your pick for first U.S. female president?

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

kce8 said:

I´ve got some informations the last two days. Read about Elizabeth Warren etc but not enough to make a choice at this point.

What really moves me, since I´m interested in Americas election contest and what I really always wanted to ask you Americans is:
    What do you think about all this heaps of money they use for it?

I´m still wondering thinking about how many and needed good things they could do with only half of it!
    Don´t want to offend somebody...I´m just interested...

The huge amount of money poured into our political campaign system is pretty universally despised among the American people. Only the craziest conservatives and free market cult members approve of it.
    I think we all agree on this point.

Single terms will really help as no one would have to be concerned about raising $ and re election.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Can't there just be a cap on campaign funds? Get ("earn"?) X amount, and that's it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    hedonist said:

Can't there just be a cap on campaign funds? Get ("earn"?) X amount, and that's it.

the biggest inherent flaw is that the top office is always inhabited by the super rich. you simply cannot get there unless you are shitting money. it's disgusting.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Hillary Clinton
    Obama wasn't rich in the truest sense of the word
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Other
    Bernice Sanders! BUT if sHe doesn't run, I suppose Elizabeth Warren.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Other
    sorry I'm late, I'll write in Shania Twain.

Godfather.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    callen said:

he was worth over a million, so no, you are correct. but you have to admit that 99% of the candidates are in the 1% of wealth.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

callen said:

he was worth over a million, so no, you are correct. but you have to admit that 99% of the candidates are in the 1% of wealth.

It's not about the money to them, it's POWER. These people don't ever pay for anything.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    badbrains said:

It's not about the money to them, it's POWER.

^^ That, right there, is it.

ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains said:

callen said:

It's not about the money to them, it's POWER. These people don't ever pay for anything.
    Yep
  • Options
    Hillary Clinton

callen said:

No doubt but he 'a poor compared to most.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Other
    callen said:

callen said:

No doubt but he 'a poor compared to most.
    Lol "a poor" compared to most. Well compared to me, he's loaded.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I think Clinton is going down. I just don't see how she survives the current news. The Democratic party can do way better then this. If you watch this...yes I know fox news...it just seems way too dirty to me. It's the ultimate collusion of money, politics, power etc. My guess is she drops out shortly and Warren runs.

https://youtu.be/rA-vSIIyz9I

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Russians? Uranium? Unreported donations? hmm...

This is the person that liberals are trusting to pull off a redistribution of wealth? To take down those evil one percenters?

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Elizabeth Warren
    BS44325 said:

I think Clinton is going down. I just don't see how she survives the current news. The Democratic party can do way better then this. If you watch this...yes I know fox news...it just seems way too dirty to me. It's the ultimate collusion of money, politics, power etc. My guess is she drops out shortly and Warren runs.

Yeah this is big, nasty news. Everyone knew the Clintons were corrupt, but it is now too big to sweep under the rug.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    News flash, all big politicians are corrupt especially those with enough money to make it to POTUS.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

News flash, all big politicians are corrupt especially those with enough money to make it to POTUS.

Justification?
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Yeah this is big, nasty news. Everyone knew the Clintons were corrupt, but it is now too big to sweep under the rug.
    The good news for Hillary is that this news is coming out 1.5 years before the election. That's a lot of time for the Kim Kardashians of the world to wave shiny objects in front of us and we shall soon forget.

Plus, the spin doctors have shitloads of time to turn this frown upside down.

Little miss can't be wrong.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Other
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

It keeps getting nastier and nastier. Nevertheless, idiotic sheeple will vote for her. Isn't it great that the leaders of the world are also the biggest criminals...guess that hasn't changed over the ages.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Other
    Tipper Gore
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Elizabeth Warren
    CH156378 said:

Tipper Gore

She's too busy making heavy metal records with swear words, haha!

Her and Al being separated (eventually to divorce, no doubt) might not set well with voters.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Other
    BS44325 said:

I would bet a paycheck this doesn't "take her down." She more than likely, for better or worse, will be the democratic nominee.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Elizabeth Warren
    All candidates for president have baggage. Hillary's seems to have gotten heavier with this latest uranium business but it's very amazing how the Clinton's manage to bury the corruption so well. We'll see. A big part of the outcome will be who can best stow their baggage and do so in a timely manner.

Edit: I have to add one of my ridiculously idealistic comments: wouldn't it be great if just for once we could have a candidate who has nothing to hide?

But wait! You have to have a shit load of money to get their in the first place. Strike that little piece of idealism. image
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Hillary Clinton
    Has Hillary been convicted of wrong doing? No.

So as all can see I picked Hilliary. Cause I like her? No. Cause I want Bill back? No.

Cause only Dem that appears to have a chance of beating those that pander to Idiocracy and may allow this support to allow another Roberts, Scalia or Thomas.

Unlimited fucking corporation campaign donations. Fuck fuck fuck.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hillary Clinton
    Course we could get ayatollah Cruz Yeay. Real Christians against liberal fascism.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/26/politics/ted-cruz-liberal-fascism-iowa-speech/index.html
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    I'm not voting ever again for presidential elections
    1- I'll never ever vote for a fucking republican ever .....
    2- voted for Obama , the less of two evils that will be the last time I do that ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Other
    BS44325 said:

I just watched this on the news....Bill getting $500m PER speaking engagment for at least 8 of them ???...hundreds of millions of $$ donated to thier charity foundation for political favors HAHHAHHAHHA they're both toast, see ya Bill and Hil HAHHAHHAHHAHHAH

Godfather.

• Options
    Other

I'm not voting ever again for presidential elections
    1- I'll never ever vote for a fucking republican ever .....
    2- voted for Obama , the less of two evils that will be the last time I do that ....

eeeeeasy bronco...I've never seen you soo upset ! it's true the republicans suck and so do the dem's so who do we vote for in that case to make a statement at least ? I have an idea ! vote for the little guy with nothing left to lose.

Godfather.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

BS44325 said:

I just watched this on the news....Bill getting $500m PER speaking engagment for at least 8 of them ???...hundreds of millions of $$ donated to thier charity foundation for political favors HAHHAHHAHHA they're both toast, see ya Bill and Hil HAHHAHHAHHAHHAH

Godfather.

$500 MILLION per speaking engagement, wow, that's just unbelievable, unless you're a faux believer or bleiber. Haha
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    callen said:

So as all can see I picked Hilliary. Cause I like her? No. Cause I want Bill back? No.

Cause only Dem that appears to have a chance of beating those that pander to Idiocracy and may allow this support to allow another Roberts, Scalia or Thomas.

It is sad, Callen, that as usual we will all either throw away our vote on a third party candidate (I've done that before) or vote for a candidate we're not really all that crazy about- the lesser of two evils (so-to-speak) thing.

How would you feel about Elizabeth Warren if she ran?

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited April 2015
    callen said:

I find this surprising

Edit- not being sarcastic