Options

Your pick for first U.S. female president?

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

I know this will just piss of many in America and cause 8 more years of republican blockage but think she has best chance. She's also very intelligent and experienced and be great to have woman backing up minority.

I love you Callen, but shes cut from the same cloth as all of them. Both sides. Same agenda and goal.
    Better than nutbird Cruz!
    He's one over educated crazy dude for sure.I was shocked at his credentials.
    His best credential is the fact he was born in Canada. Isn't that unconstitutional? Oh that's right, it never matters when it comes to the republicans. But none of you are republican so it's all good.
    I'm NOT a Cruz guy.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Other
    I'd vote for my grandma
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    Elizabeth Warren
    Your guys are making it tough. bb's ma or Last Exit's grandma. Decisions, decisions...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Other
    Grandma is a tough old broad. There would be no swearing in that white house!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Hillary Clinton
    badbrains said:

callen said:

I know this will just piss of many in America and cause 8 more years of republican blockage but think she has best chance. She's also very intelligent and experienced and be great to have woman backing up minority.

I love you Callen, but shes cut from the same cloth as all of them. Both sides. Same agenda and goal.
    Back at you BB.

Yeah I know.
    muskydan said:

There has got to be a more competent candidate then another Fraud from Chicago…I mean she couldn't even manage the simple task of keeping ole Billy Boy Happy and had to leave that for Monica.
    The Dems better find someone relevant or everyones biggest fear on here will win this election.

So when men cheat it's the woman's fault. Okay then.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Hillary Clinton
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Marge Simpson.

God forbid we have to chose between a Bush or Clinton as our next glorious leader.

Proper fucked, we would be. Winter is coming.

God forbid choice is made based solely on gender...or race...or party.
    It's happened before.Very recently.unfortunately(remember the black leaders saying every black persons hat can vote, should be voting for Obama?)
    You aren't expecting the brain trust of his country to vote based on issues alone are you? Media won't have that.
    Obama was best choice and done good job.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2015
    callen said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

Back at you BB.

Yeah I know.
    muskydan said:

There has got to be a more competent candidate then another Fraud from Chicago…I mean she couldn't even manage the simple task of keeping ole Billy Boy Happy and had to leave that for Monica.
    The Dems better find someone relevant or everyones biggest fear on here will win this election.

If I may chime in, of course not - although relationships are about both people, as in when there's a problem, it's typically to do with both and not necessarily about fault.

Were I married to someone in public office (*edit - public office wouldn't necessarily apply to myself but since we're talking about that scenario) who fucked his intern (with a cigar, but still) and then lied about it via dancing around semantics, not sure I could stay with him and continue to champion his character. But, never know what goes on in a marriage, behind closed doors.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Elizabeth Warren
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

No,no,no,let her run Dan-o please!!!!!!!
    You are right, if she gets the nod it's over for the Dems. I rarely hear anyone in my Shitty that is ultra lib have anything good to say about her
    Not so fast there Danny-O!
    The wingers on either side don't decide the elections, the moderates in the middle do. In the end, lefties (who dont like her, that's true) will vote for Hillary because it's better than the alternative, and the same is true for righties. Obama would have gone down in round 2 if the GOP had nominated someone who could appeal to the moderates better. (Mitt was a failure on all fronts, he didn't please the extemist tea party, and he continually pissed off the middle class moderates with his ridiculous moneybags personality)

The question is, who runs against Hillary? Jeb can beat her if he can get past the extremists in his party, but Ted Cruz? Are you kidding me? As hated as Hillary is, Cruz will appeal to the extremists until he is dead in the water.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hillary Clinton
    Wow
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

You are right, if she gets the nod it's over for the Dems. I rarely hear anyone in my Shitty that is ultra lib have anything good to say about her
    The wingers on either side don't decide the elections, the moderates in the middle do. In the end, lefties (who dont like her, that's true) will vote for Hillary because it's better than the alternative, and the same is true for righties. Obama would have gone down in round 2 if the GOP had nominated someone who could appeal to the moderates better. (Mitt was a failure on all fronts, he didn't please the extemist tea party, and he continually pissed off the middle class moderates with his ridiculous moneybags personality)

The question is, who runs against Hillary? Jeb can beat her if he can get past the extremists in his party, but Ted Cruz? Are you kidding me? As hated as Hillary is, Cruz will appeal to the extremists until he is dead in the water.
    About right there Gambsy
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Again, how in the world is Ted Cruz even an option in this country? Forget his resume, he WASNT born in the U.S. So how the fuck is he even gonna run? This country most def is going far far away from that precious constitution they "used" to cherish so much.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited April 2015
    Hillary Clinton
    Sorry, I'm not even American. I just had to vote to view the poll results, so picked the one I know most about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    badbrains said:

Again, how in the world is Ted Cruz even an option in this country? Forget his resume, he WASNT born in the U.S. So how the fuck is he even gonna run? This country most def is going far far away from that precious constitution they "used" to cherish so much.

He was born in Canada, but his father was Cuban and mother was a US citizen, so he was born a US citizen, and unfortunately meets the requirement. Hopefully his campaign doesn't get traction, but I think he'll be supported by the crazy, religious right and as gambs said above, the extremists or activists in a party tend to have a lot of power in the nomination process, regardless of mainstream viability.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

I agree with you, gambs. This is the biggest problem I have with national elections. The candidates have to pander or cater to the extremists of their parties, since they are the ones who are active in the nominating process - canvassing, caucusing, going to nominating conventions, etc... So a candidate has to appeal to one group to get the nomination, and an entirely different group (the mainstream) to actually win the election. This means that if you are a more moderate voter, you have to chose between the lesser of 2 evils rather than chose someone who is more closely aligned with your thinking. Rubio is someone who is going to have a hell of a time this year because I think he has tried to move away from the tea party nutjobs and is trying to appear more mainstream, but if he pisses off that faction of his party, he can't get nominated. Same thing on the other side of the aisle. Hillary isn't as loved by the liberal wing of the party anymore, but probably has the best chance with the mainstream voters. I think Warren would probably appeal more to party activists, but has she made any noise about running lately? She has consistently said she's not going to run against Hillary. It will be interesting to see how this election plays out.

And to answer the actual question of the thread, I don't have a pick for first US female president yet. It might be Hillary, but I'm waiting to see. She is the only woman with a chance to win it this time around, and the "woman" part may not even be a factor. If the Republicans put up an unelectable candidate like Cruz, and the Democrats nominate Hillary, it shouldn't even be a contest. She will win without gender even being much of a factor. Republicans helped the country to overcome the obstacle of race in presidential elections by putting up a slate with shit for brains. I can see Republicans helping the country to overcome the obstacle of gender in presidential elections much the same way.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

badbrains said:

He was born in Canada, but his father was Cuban and mother was a US citizen, so he was born a US citizen, and unfortunately meets the requirement. Hopefully his campaign doesn't get traction, but I think he'll be supported by the crazy, religious right and as gambs said above, the extremists or activists in a party tend to have a lot of power in the nomination process, regardless of mainstream viability.
    Wait, what? When did they change the rule? I've always believed that you, yourself, had to be born IN the US. Doesn't matter if your parents are but YOU yourself.
  • Options
    Ok I just read up on it and it's all over the place. Now they don't really know what the term natural born citizen is. So if it's ok for Ted Cruz to run then what's with all the bullshit Obama birthcertificate the republicans always seem to be crying about. Or tea naggers, I forget which one is which now days.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Elizabeth Warren
    badbrains said:

Ok I just read up on it and it's all over the place. Now they don't really know what the term natural born citizen is. So if it's ok for Ted Cruz to run then what's with all the bullshit Obama birthcertificate the republicans always seem to be crying about. Or tea naggers, I forget which one is which now days.

It has never been entirely clear what constitutes a natural born citizen.
    What is insane about the tea party truther hypocrisy is that Obama has a birth certificate from inside the US and they question it's authenticity, but they accept Ted Cruz on the same credentials that Obama would have IF they were right about his birth.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

It has never been entirely clear what constitutes a natural born citizen.
    What is insane about the tea party truther hypocrisy is that Obama has a birth certificate from inside the US and they question it's authenticity, but they accept Ted Cruz on the same credentials that Obama would have IF they were right about his birth.
    Exactly. His mother was a US citizen, so I never understood the issue. And McCain wasn't born on US soil either, but during the campaign both Hillary and Obama declared McCain a natural born citizen. It would be great if the Supremes would simply say "natural-born citizen means a US citizen at the time of birth" and leave it at that. I think think the only reason that there is any confusion is because the Supremes have never ruled on it. One quick clarification and we can move on. Until they do there will always be uncertainty and debate, and the fringe players always seem to find those sorts of uncertaintes to build their bizzaro cases on.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    Elizabeth Warren
    elizabeth warren gets my vote.

but she would be more powerful as a senator. she would have more influence as a senator. she is the only real threat to the banks.

if she were president, it would be another 4 years or republican stonewalling.

actually, if any democrat won it would be 4 more years of the same.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Has any candidate become president after losing their bid for nomination in a previous election?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    Other

Has any candidate become president after losing their bid for nomination in a previous election?

Like Grover Cleveland?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren

elizabeth warren gets my vote.

but she would be more powerful as a senator. she would have more influence as a senator. she is the only real threat to the banks.

if she were president, it would be another 4 years or republican stonewalling.

actually, if any democrat won it would be 4 more years of the same.

I also have wondered if she would not be better off remaining in the Senate. It would be interesting to hear her candid thoughts about the office of the presidency. I would be in favor of her going wherever she can be most effective... and seeing more like her on the scene.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    Has anyone read Warren's book? Brian? Gimme? She's almost too good at her job as senator.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,801

Nixon

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Other
    Judge Judy
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren

Has anyone read Warren's book? Brian? Gimme? She's almost too good at her job as senator.

Have not but will check it out, thanks!

• Options
    Other

Nixon

Did George HW Bush run in the primary in the 1980 election?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,801

Nixon

Did George HW Bush run in the primary in the 1980 election?
    Yes
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Hillary Clinton
    callen said:

hedonist said:

callen said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

Back at you BB.

Yeah I know.
    muskydan said:

If I may chime in, of course not - although relationships are about both people, as in when there's a problem, it's typically to do with both and not necessarily about fault.

Were I married to someone in public office (*edit - public office wouldn't necessarily apply to myself but since we're talking about that scenario) who fucked his intern (with a cigar, but still) and then lied about it via dancing around semantics, not sure I could stay with him and continue to champion his character. But, never know what goes on in a marriage, behind closed doors.
    Wow you also blame the woman for man cheating.
    badbrains said:

Come on BB, we all know why it was a problem for Obama.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    callen said:

callen said:

hedonist said:

callen said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

Back at you BB.

Yeah I know.
    muskydan said:

Wow you also blame the woman for man cheating.
    badbrains said:

Come on BB, we all know why it was a problem for Obama.
    Is there a reason why my earlier post is tacked onto a comment that implies racist under/overtones and more assumptions of me on your part?