Options

Your pick for first U.S. female president?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,713
edited April 2015 in A Moving Train
Now that Hillary has made it official she is running ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/12/hillary-clinton-2016_n_6134814.html ) who would you like to see become the first U.S. female president?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Your pick for first U.S. female president? 43 votes

Hillary Clinton
9%
caifan82callenAmongst the AniPJ_Soul 4 votes
Kirsten Gillibrand
2%
Indifference 1 vote
Susana Martinez
2%
1ThoughtKnown 1 vote
Elizabeth Warren
60%
gimmesometruth27blacknapkinslastexit78MayDay10bootlegger10digninryph raphlolobuggCROJAM95arqHesCalledDyerOnWis97Kearn5ydavidtriosGern BlanstenMawky1103Asterisk on the StreetVitalogensiabrianluxIdris 26 votes
Other
25%
mookeywrenchPJPOWERotterJimmyVCH156378Godfather.PJForceofNatureEarlWelshLast-12-ExitriotgrlPearl34Jam 11 votes
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Elizabeth Warren
    Ok, I'll bite.
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    Warren is quite possibly the One who can make a real difference, but I believe in Gillibrand as well. She's got some guts too.
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    Oops- I guess I forgot to vote in my own poll.

I don't want to make turn this into a campaigning thread (wa-a-a-y too early if for no other reason) but there are petitions circulating asking Warren to run in 2016.

I think Hillary jumped on this too soon (and you can say the same about this thread, really) but I don't think it's too early to start thinking about having a female U.S. President. I don't mean just for the sake of having a female president (Palin, anyone?) but I do think it's time for the U.S. to get it's head further out of our male dominant mind set. These things time time, I understand that, but I think we're ready to take that to the next level.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Marge Simpson.

God forbid we have to chose between a Bush or Clinton as our next glorious leader.

Proper fucked, we would be. Winter is coming.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Jason P said:

Marge Simpson.

God forbid we have to chose between a Bush or Clinton as our next glorious leader.

Some democracy, more like a monarchy
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Marge Simpson.

God forbid choice is made based solely on gender...or race...or party.
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Marge Simpson.

... or air color or kind of car they drive or whether they are a cat or a dog person.

Hey, wait a dog gone minute! Why is the white house dog always the recognized pet? I think I'm going to vote for the candidate with the cat this time!*

*Annie The Cat endorses this statement.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2015
    Elizabeth Warren
    ...or Claire Underwood
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,754
    Other
    Martinez isn't well known enough on a national level and Senators make for shitty presidents.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Other
    Michelle Obama
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited April 2015
    hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Marge Simpson.

It's happened before.Very recently.unfortunately(remember the black leaders saying every black persons hat can vote, should be voting for Obama?)
    You aren't expecting the brain trust of his country to vote based on issues alone are you? Media won't have that.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    My mom
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    My friends (Europeans) are living in Mobile AL since two years and they say that Obama is like a cussword there.
    When they go to partys they say you can´t discuss politics. It´s must be awkward...no discussion possible...my friend means if someone only say the president´s name his collegues go crazy...lol He´s very tolerant open person but he quickly decided to not talk politic stuff there...never mind from which position...

Idk maybe it´s only at his direct environment!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Hillary Clinton
    I know this will just piss of many in America and cause 8 more years of republican blockage but think she has best chance. She's also very intelligent and experienced and be great to have woman backing up minority.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

I know this will just piss of many in America and cause 8 more years of republican blockage but think she has best chance. She's also very intelligent and experienced and be great to have woman backing up minority.

I love you Callen, but shes cut from the same cloth as all of them. Both sides. Same agenda and goal.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Elizabeth Warren
    badbrains said:

callen said:

I love you Callen, but shes cut from the same cloth as all of them. Both sides. Same agenda and goal.
    Better than nutbird Cruz!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    There has got to be a more competent candidate then another Fraud from Chicago…I mean she couldn't even manage the simple task of keeping ole Billy Boy Happy and had to leave that for Monica.
    The Dems better find someone relevant or everyones biggest fear on here will win this election.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    oprah, yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

oprah, yes/no?

Abosulety!!!!. Atleast Oprah came from nothing, abused as a kid, raped and then became a Billionare. Not like Hilary who is from uppity Park Ridge and had her whole life mapped out for her utilmate Success....Well success is some people's eyes...she lacked in some obvious skills...lol
  • Options
    Elizabeth Warren
    muskydan said:

There has got to be a more competent candidate then another Fraud from Chicago…I mean she couldn't even manage the simple task of keeping ole Billy Boy Happy and had to leave that for Monica.
    The Dems better find someone relevant or everyones biggest fear on here will win this election.

This is an interesting answer, Dan. The poll ask who you would like to see as first U.S. woman president. There is no mention of democrat or republican, just woman.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Elizabeth Warren
    muskydan said:

chadwick said:

oprah, yes/no?

Abosulety!!!!. Atleast Oprah came from nothing, abused as a kid, raped and then became a Billionare. Not like Hilary who is from uppity Park Ridge and had her whole life mapped out for her utilmate Success....Well success is some people's eyes...she lacked in some obvious skills...lol
    The same person who brought us Dr.Oz and Dr.Phil....no thanks.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-oprah-winfrey-changed-world-for-worse/
  • Options
    brianlux said:

muskydan said:

This is an interesting answer, Dan. The poll ask who you would like to see as first U.S. woman president. There is no mention of democrat or republican, just woman.

Well then it's obvious, Monica then. We know she can atleast get a job done.
    I have not heard of any Rep. Woman considering take a run, but have not been paying much attention
  • Options
    muskydan said:

No,no,no,let her run Dan-o please!!!!!!!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

He's one over educated crazy dude for sure.I was shocked at his credentials.
  • Options
    But I thought some of u are NOT republicans? Hahaha
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

badbrains said:

callen said:

He's one over educated crazy dude for sure.I was shocked at his credentials.
    His best credential is the fact he was born in Canada. Isn't that unconstitutional? Oh that's right, it never matters when it comes to the republicans. But none of you are republican so it's all good.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

Well then it's obvious, Monica then. We know she can atleast get a job done.
    I have not heard of any Rep. Woman considering take a run, but have not been paying much attention
    OK, the getting the job done comment was pretty funny.

BB, I've been registered as both Dem and Republican but am currently an Independent.

I'll always vote for someone on their merit and stances on the issues that are most important to me, not because they have traits over which they have no control.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

muskydan said:

No,no,no,let her run Dan-o please!!!!!!!
    You are right, if she gets the nod it's over for the Dems. I rarely hear anyone in my Shitty that is ultra lib have anything good to say about her
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    A female president?
    I still cant believe we gave females the right to vote!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    badbrains said:

But I thought some of u are NOT republicans? Hahaha

I'm a independant.But as I've said Im a Jeb supporter based on how he governed my state.