Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029

sorry 10 Club but this is another failure.
    members all deserve a shot at vinyl and this mystery sale will piss off more than please.
    Think about it, you could get a Brad, Tres Mts, Backspacer or LB vinyl that goes for $15-$20 and a Fixer 7" which is a few bucks ANYWHERE and still pay $50+shipping
    DOES ANYONE NOT SEE THAT?!?

I noticed that nothing in the contest info says these packages are going to be put together randomly. I'm guessing that 10C will try to balance out the packages by putting something rare in with the more run of the mill stuff. No way will anyone get something like a black Backspacer and a recent christmas vinyl in the same package, in my opinion.
    Can you imagine someone score a Benny & a Mad Season purple 10" single? I'm sure they will try their best at balancing these out.

About the following description ..

"We reserve the right to cancel any Mystery Vinyl order at our discretion, without explanation. We want to give members the chance to obtain a cool vinyl package at a reasonable price and not go directly into the hands of flippers."

I'm gonna take a guess and say .. @ 10am PST next Saturday, the orders will be coming through to the warehouse, lighting fast. If 10club notices more then 1 shipping address purchasing more then 1 mystery vinyl order, all will be cancelled accept for one order. Or yet, all orders to that mailing address will be cancelled. *twisted evil. Later that day, any of those canceled orders will go back on sale for a chance to score a mystery vinyl. Also add the account on file's mailing address is where the vinyls will be shipped. If you are shipping this mystery vinyl to a different mailing address on file, your order is canceled.

We'll see what happens. :bee:
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    This is how you do a RSD sale. Nice 10c!
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    I just got a new turntable yesterday! Maybe I will luck out and get something cool to spin if I'm able to get one.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

nicknyr15 said:

Where the hell did they pull 40-50 copies of Avocado LP! ?lol

I wondered that too! That seems like a lot considering how limited that was. And I bet they won't have bent corners/spines!
    How limited was it? I remember the vinyl only being sold by the 10c (I think it was one of the few not available at retail). I don't recall it being hard to get, nor do I recall it selling out super quick. Look at how many Beneroya's the 10c keeps pulling out and that was a limited print of 2000. Doesn't surprise me at all they have some Avacodo's. It was a 10c only release.
    It was certainly not 10c only. There were copies at my local record shops at the time but I'd already bought mine through 10c.
    Yeah, it wasn't just a 10C release. It's just that it came out around when vinyl sales had hit an all-time low, so I figure they just didn't press all that many (although this 2000 number that keeps coming up, I have NEVER seen any proof of this. I think it's just a rumour. They'd be harder to find and more pricey if there were only 2000 pressed I think. I would LOVE for 10C to tell us how many were actually made though! It really doesn't matter, but these are the things that vinyl people are curious about :) ).
    Who ever brought up the number of only 2000 Avocado vinyls were pressed should be dragged out into the street and shot.

Benny which only 2000 were made took a few hours to sell out @ the 10club store. The Avocado vinyl was available in the 10club store for many MANY weeks. And it was very VERY cheap. I don't remember there being a limit on purchasing the Avocado vinyl.
    I think it was for sale less than a month. It came out after the CD release, that summer. Think it was $20-25. You're probably right though, if Benaroya was 2000 and sold out in minutes, Avocado was more with some for sale in stores etc.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    Even if you don't score something cool this still gets all those copies out there into the hands of 10cers.
    Which must be a good thing right?
    Also means there will be more out there available to trade down the line.
    Plus, seeing as I crapped out with the mystery poster my luck must change, surely?
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    I know I'll pay my $50 and get a backspacer and 2011 christmas vinyl.
  • Options
    Love it. But can't they let everyone who wants a shot pre-pay or something almost like tix. Then on the 18th we find out if we "won". Non-winners get money refunded. Easier then getting my face ripped off for an hour
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited April 2015
    demetrios said:

<

"We reserve the right to cancel any Mystery Vinyl order at our discretion, without explanation. We want to give members the chance to obtain a cool vinyl package at a reasonable price and not go directly into the hands of flippers."

I'm gonna take a guess and say .. @ 10am PST next Saturday, the orders will be coming through to the warehouse, lighting fast. If 10club notices more then 1 shipping address purchasing more then 1 mystery vinyl order, all will be cancelled accept for one order. Or yet, all orders to that mailing address will be cancelled. *twisted evil. Later that day, any of those canceled orders will go back on sale for a chance to score a mystery vinyl. Also add the account on file's mailing address is where the vinyls will be shipped. If you are shipping this mystery vinyl to a different mailing address on file, your order is canceled.

Well, I hope this won't happen. Cause hubs and I will both try, and we are not flippers. And we live at the same address, aparently... Or did I get your logic wrong? :dog:

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

demetrios said:

<

Well, I hope this won't happen. Cause hubs and I will both try, and we are not flippers.

Yes that would be awful. My girlfriend and I would both like a shot at it.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,870
    jniko said:

I know I'll pay my $50 and get a backspacer and 2011 christmas vinyl.

My thoughts too, will there be some dud boxes? Worth less than the 50 you paid? Just wondering, I would hate to shell out 50 bucks for what I could buy for 25 in the website, but I will still give it a try in hopes of getting something sweet. I know the EV boxes were pretty great, so I am being faithful in saying Santos and crew will take care of us.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,407
    Although I love this opportunity, and will go for it. I have a feeling it's going to be a clusterfuck on the 18th.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Am I the only one who doesn't see sevens listed? I keep seeing people mentioning sevens
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    badbrains said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see sevens listed? I keep seeing people mentioning sevens

It's with the 7" singles

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

can't see the list at work. :anguished:

someone posted it on the first page of the thread
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269

Why now u dont F5ing?

hehe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    FrankieG said:

good they offer those vinyl.the have 1 i want

And that one is?
    Pj20 color
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029
    edited April 2015

demetrios said:

<

Well, I hope this won't happen. Cause hubs and I will both try, and we are not flippers. And we live at the same address, aparently... Or did I get your logic wrong? :dog:

I hope not too. But I remembered when Sevens was on sale many folks received refunds cause they ordered 2 to the same mailing address. They could only receive 1 per mailing address.

• Options
    pjfan9110pjfan9110 Posts: 145
    I'm wondering if they look through people's order history and throw out members who have already purchased some or received some of these items. Like, if people who got a Benny in the original sale, will they be excluded from winning one?
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,846
    Interesting. The one LP I want the most isn't on there. "No Code"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,322
    pjfan9110 said:

I'm wondering if they look through people's order history and throw out members who have already purchased some or received some of these items. Like, if people who got a Benny in the original sale, will they be excluded from winning one?

lol that would take up so much manpower I highly doubt it. Addiotional Note: The order history only goes back to when they updated the website. I can't see any of my olders prior to the website upgrade. I imagine it's not easy to reconcile with that database anymore.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I wonder how much of this "limited" vinyl these guys have lying around the whse. Its cool that we have the opportunity to get some pretty cool vinyl but it's sad that most are going to spend $50 on a Backspacer LP and a fan club single they already own.

I wish they would just reissue the limited stuff.
    for the 10C this is a good way to empty the whse of the shit they know won't sell.

and I'm sure more of the same "limited" stuff will be found the next time they clean out the headquarters.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

<

I hope not too. But I remembered when Sevens was on sale many folks received refunds cause they ordered 2 to the same mailing address. They could only receive 1 per mailing address.

Just use your work mailing address.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I wonder how much of this "limited" vinyl these guys have lying around the whse. Its cool that we have the opportunity to get some pretty cool vinyl but it's sad that most are going to spend $50 on a Backspacer LP and a fan club single they already own.

for the 10C this is a good way to empty the whse of the shit they know won't sell.

and I'm sure more of the same "limited" stuff will be found the next time they clean out the headquarters.

I seriously doubt they would put together a package that they are selling for less than $50 in the shop. I'm confident that 10C knows how not to completely rip us off in this deal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 395

Only about 1 out of 10 will receive the Backspacer black vinyl. So you have a 1 to 10 chance to score something alot cooler. Go for it mate. It's a "safe'ish" gamble....... Better odds than in Las Vegas...
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    The idea is great but we all know there will be so many who miss out. They should have sold $5 non returnable lottery tickets with proceeds going to the Vitalogy foundation and if you are lucky enough you get to buy a mystery package for $45.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PJ_Soul said:

I seriously doubt they would put together a package that they are selling for less than $50 in the shop. I'm confident that 10C knows how not to completely rip us off in this deal.
    Since you said that, makes me think maybe they'll put in 2 7" for the lower valued/not-at-all-rare stuff. Kinda like the mystery boxes.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    I finally got the newsletter via email just now at 5:15PM ET today. I wonder why mine took so long to get to me? A friend of mine got his 4 hours ago. It's not a big deal with this newsletter, but if they would have had some new merch that would sell out quickly I would have been screwed.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    This is a nice chance to get some of those rare vinyl`s. Let`s hope I`ll be there in time to score something.
  • Options
    cifrancgx said:

I finally got the newsletter via email just now at 5:15PM ET today. I wonder why mine took so long to get to me? A friend of mine got his 4 hours ago. It's not a big deal with this newsletter, but if they would have had some new merch that would sell out quickly I would have been screwed.

I just go onto the website at 9:58am PST on the 10th of each month and don't even check my email.... Much more reliable and predictable! No need to rely on the email hitting your inbox.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

<

Good point but at least they give a week for such questions to be asked and clarity obtained . A lot of folk have multiple accounts and I guess they try to stop abuse there but it does hit those who live in the same address who are genuine

I don't know the fix for that though