Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully the statement of the weight of the package doesn't matter rings true. Don't see anyone with anything lower than mine so far.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Damn, you guys really took off with my post! I was just fucking around.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    I've loved reading this, the lengths people are going to, to find out something they're going to know in a couple of weeks time is astounding :) I'm all for it though, its definitely been entertaining
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited April 2015
    Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

Hopefully the statement of the weight of the package doesn't matter rings true. Don't see anyone with anything lower than mine so far.

It doesn't mean a thing......hopefully
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,587
    hsohi said:

I think 10C said in an email that the weights are meaningless....

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    As a UK resident, I have no idea of weight but for $50 plus a bit of shipping & tax this has been awesome fun. Buzzing for it to arrive! Considering my vinyl collection is in its infancy i'll be happy with whatever I get. My Dutch 'Vs.' with just 'Pearl Jam' on the spine is my favourite score to date.

• Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    My favourite is an original ten I got in a charity shop for £5. The cover is pretty worn but the vinyl is pristine.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,900
    PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

If UPS is taking the time to weigh each package and documenting the correct weight, then I don't see how it is meaningless. If your package was re-weighed and under two lbs. you probably did not get a Benny. Anyway, just having fun with it all. Like thinking about all the things you would do with your Powerball winnings, you gotta have fun before the truth comes down. I will find out the truth on Tuesday, in theory.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Keep in mind if they say you'll get it on April 28th, they really mean May 7th.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

hsohi said:

If UPS is taking the time to weigh each package and documenting the correct weight, then I don't see how it is meaningless. If your package was re-weighed and under two lbs. you probably did not get a Benny. Anyway, just having fun with it all. Like thinking about all the things you would do with your Powerball winnings, you gotta have fun before the truth comes down. I will find out the truth on Tuesday, in theory.

Which is exactly why I have my expectations set to original ten vinyl.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    RKCNDY said:

Listening to Backspacer now, doesn't sound too bad.......... :)

But I don't need a 4th copy of it...I only have one turntable.

(please don't ask how I got 3 copies of it)
    my guess, is that it was a 12" package

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    PJ_ROCKS said:

RKCNDY said:

Listening to Backspacer now, doesn't sound too bad.......... :)

But I don't need a 4th copy of it...I only have one turntable.

(please don't ask how I got 3 copies of it)
    my guess, is that it was a 12" package
    That's what she said!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I received an email...I opened it and it was just a white screen
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480

I received an email...I opened it and it was just a white screen

Clear your cache. While it's clearing, eat some cookies.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited April 2015

I doubt it rings true. All carriers re-weigh packages once they actually receive them. UPS isn't going to throw random incorrect weights in to each shipment. That's silly. We got what we got. My number is low too (1.84), so I'm expecting a solo project LP and some random 7". You can't win them all. And it's not like we spent $200 on this. It's been a fun experience and I'm glad I bought in for sure.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300

Does me continuously coming back to this thread in spite of getting fucked over with the credit card charge + blank order number fiasco make me a sadomasochist?

We are two peas in a pod
    A really small, uncomfortable, Guantanamo-style pod...

This thread is insane, but I can't stop looking at it
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    Does anyone else's tracking say 'not found' ?
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    edited April 2015
    Sarava said:

I doubt it rings true. All carriers re-weigh packages once they actually receive them. UPS isn't going to throw random incorrect weights in to each shipment. That's silly. We got what we got. My number is low too (1.84), so I'm expecting a solo project LP and some random 7". You can't win them all. And it's not like we spent $200 on this. It's been a fun experience and I'm glad I bought in for sure.

if you have a <2lb package, my guess is you're getting a single, low-weight sleeve lp, meaning yield and original ten jump out to me as decent possibilities. things like lightning bolt, backspacer, ukulele songs, and into the wild are in heavy cardstock gatefold sleeves, and when coupled with the 7" and packaging, likely exceed 2lbs.

i haven't weighed them, so i could be off, but having a lot of the vinyl in the list some of these are notably heavier than others and there doesn't seem to be too many of you with <2lb weights yet.
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    AndySlash said:

Sarava said:

if you have a <2lb package, my guess is you're getting a single, low-weight sleeve lp, meaning yield and original ten jump out to me as decent possibilities. things like lightning bolt, backspacer, ukulele songs, and into the wild are in heavy cardstock gatefold sleeves, and when coupled with the 7" and packaging, likely exceed 2lbs.

i haven't weighed them, so i could be off, but having a lot of the vinyl in the list some of these are notably heavier than others and there doesn't seem to be too many of you with <2lb weights yet.</p>
    The plot thickens...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I just weighed PJ20...2 lbs 11.2oz
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    So how is that in a number with commas?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    AndySlash said:

Sarava said:

i haven't weighed them, so i could be off, but having a lot of the vinyl in the list some of these are notably heavier than others and there doesn't seem to be too many of you with <2lb weights yet.</p>
    Well you gave me hope, thank you! I would freak if a Yield came my way... :)
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    This thread is crazy...................crazy good!
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    scurtis said:

We're all crazy...some more than others.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    RKCNDY said:

scurtis said:

Yes we are:

https://youtu.be/S7wyx62Sc6k
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,650
    Has anyone weighed any randomly selected rocks from the Seattle area coast? It might help us all out. RKCNDY?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    Has anyone's Mystery Vinyl shipped yet? I just checked my tracking number on UPS.com and it says...

04/20/2015 7:04 P.M. Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations

That's it. It doesn't appear that it has left Seattle yet. Does anyone else tracking show movement?
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,699
    RKCNDY said:

scurtis said:

This thread will probably go full circle a couple of times.

Round 1
    Excitement with the initial announcement.
    Anger with the buying process.
    Anticipation weather you were lucky to purchase.
    Relief/Disappointment with the good/bad news if we scored.
    Anger again at 10c for something we already know about.
    Cookie break.

Round 2 (For those who scored)
    Excitement again hoping you scored a benny etc.
    Anger with the shipping process - flew over my house 2 times now its back in Auburn .
    Anticipation if you have a big or little package.
    Relief/Disappointment at the weight of your package from tracking.
    Anger again at 10c for something we already know about.
    Cookie break.

Round 3 (For everyone)
    Excitement waiting for the package to arrive.
    Anger with the shipping process - Its flown over my house 5 times now its back in Auburn again.
    Anticipation if you scored big because all the benny's are slowly being accounted for.
    Relief/Disappointment that you didn't score a Black Backspacer/2010 single or that you did score a Black Backspacer/2010 single
    Anger again at 10c because you didn't get a benny.
    Cookie break.

Kearnsy
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Mine was just processed in Auburn WA, weight went down to 2.0400 lbs
    i like sound...