Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,918
    My package weighs 2.5 lbs.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SmeeDogg1SmeeDogg1 Dublin Posts: 21

They still have my money. I dont need the $60.99 back right now but it just serves to make me angry every day to check and see they have not returned it if I didn't actually order anything since my order history doesn't show the transaction that they confirmed last Saturday and the charge they initiated with my bank.

I just got my money back today. I was one of the ones who ordered and got the blank order number but they charged my card. Nothing in my order history either

Charge has now disappeared and money refunded as of this morning. Hopefully yours will come through soon :) Taking nearly a week to refund it is another matter!!

Berlin, Germany 15th August 2009 Dublin, Ireland 22nd June 2010 Isle of Wight, UK 23rd June 2012 Berlin, Germany 4th July 2012 Berlin, Germany 5th July 2012 Stockholm, Sweden 7th July 2012 Copenhagen, Denmark 10th July 2012 Brooklyn, USA 19th October 2013 Milan, Italy 20th June 2014 Trieste, Italy 22nd June 2014 Leeds, UK 8th July 2014
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    Are we seriously on the 80th page of this thread?? Holy balls!
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,023
    and since non-us folks will probably take 1 month to get the box it will surpass 100 pages for sure :lol:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373

But only when you're excited. If it continues to weigh 2.5 lbs after 4 hours, see your doctor.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Poncier said:

But only when you're excited. If it continues to weigh 2.5 lbs after 4 hours, see your doctor.
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,918
    Poncier said:

If your package weighs 2.5lbs after 4 hours.

Do not call a doctor.
    Instead, call every girl you have ever dated.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    You'll shoot your eye out, Speedy!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

I received an email...I opened it and it was just a white screen

eat some cookies
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just check...3.4000 lbs...alot of cookies!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,023

arent you from greece? how come you can see the actual weight?
  • Options
    just_one said:

arent you from greece? how come you can see the actual weight?
    i bought it for someone else..i ship it to new york..i didnt care to buy one for me
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

How much baclava in 3.4 lbs?
  • Options

dont know..i ususally eatit,not weight it..lol
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    edited April 2015

dont know..i ususally eatit,not weight it..lol
    I had a piece of baklava earlier today (we had a bake sale at work). I could've weighed it if you had posted this 4 hours ago. :lol:
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited April 2015

1.0750 pounds......... I think I got an empty box.

This comment is my all time favorite, so funny image
    I DEFINITELY want to know what you get!
    Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    edited April 2015
    camaros said:

This comment is my all time favorite, so funny :)
    A picture disc and a single might weigh that. Picture discs don't really have any substantial packaging usually. Just a plastic sleeve... ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    camaros said:

It's supposed to arrive Tuesday so I'll make sure and post whatever I get. Looking at the list and everyone else's weights I'm guessing/hoping for an OG Ten or Yield, but whatever it is, the anticipation has been worth the cost of admission.
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99

camaros said:

It's supposed to arrive Tuesday so I'll make sure and post whatever I get. Looking at the list and everyone else's weights I'm guessing/hoping for an OG Ten or Yield, but whatever it is, the anticipation has been worth the cost of admission.
    I agree. I'm expecting to be somewhat disappointed but I would do it again.

• Options
    andyrew46andyrew46 isle of wight Posts: 62
    Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I cant help but feel that although 10 club offer some great rare items in this mystery vinyl package,
    I can't help but feel that this is really just a clear out of old holiday singles and side projects that wont sell!
    12 of the singles are annuals and 10 of the 12' are readily available online!
    They have recently added them to the shop which adds to my point...
    And looking at quantity's available I'm pretty sure that most are gonna be disappointed!
    Why include holiday singles, lightning bolt backspacer etc on standard issue to members whom I'm sure already have them...

Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    edited April 2015
    derbydave said:

Mine shipped last night...
    Estimated arrival of 4/29!!

Mine too. I am sure they will be arriving here in Columbus together. :-)
    2.3150 lbs
    Post edited by cifrancgx on
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I wonder if the Into the wild vinyl is the picture disc version?
    andyrew46 said:

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but I cant help but feel that although 10 club offer some great rare items in this mystery vinyl package,
    I can't help but feel that this is really just a clear out of old holiday singles and side projects that wont sell!
    And looking at quantity's available I'm pretty sure that most are gonna be disappointed!
    Why include holiday singles, lightning bolt backspacer etc on standard issue to members whom I'm sure already have them...

They are clearing out stuff for sure. If they put all of those things in the shop then all of the rrare stuff would be gone and all the side-projects and holiday singles would be left.

By my calculation I have a 25% chance of getting something cool and worth well over the 50 (90 dollars) i spent
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    mindi said:

Still nothing! I'm having a cookie break :lol:

What do they have planned for you!!??? I can not wait to see what you get.
    Notice that they never said the contents of the boxes would be a mystery, a la the mystery poster sale from last year where they basically randomly threw a poster into a tube. If I worked in the 10 club warehouse, the one box that I would be sure to "rig" would be leezestarr's to ensure that a Benaroya Hall got in there. It would be kind of like the way the band fulfills a particularly impassioned plea to play a given song at a given show (e.g. Come Back at Wrigley).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    edited April 2015
    andyrew46 said:

Yeah, that's mostly what all of the mystery sales are about... Actually, I think they specifically mention that they are clearing out their warehouse in the mystery sale announcements. don't they? I think it's just cool that they include any of the more sought after stuff at all. They could just stick with all the stuff they couldn't sell and hold onto the rest.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    andyrew46andyrew46 isle of wight Posts: 62
    true, that's why I've gone for it also,
    good luck mate... hope you get what you are after!
    I wanna spin riot act,...... fingers crossed!
    Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Facebook has been mentioned a few times in this thread. I hate that. I wish they'd post here damn it!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    andyrew46 said:

This might be nieve but I can't imagine 10C charging $50 + shipping for something you can buy separately on the site for 1/2 the price. My guess is most if not all packs will include something that will balance out that $50 you spent. The mystery boxes were way more valuable than what we paid for them. Maybe just being hopeful here, I guess we'll see next week and when members start getting their eagerly anticipated UPS packages...
    Lollapalooza 7/92, Berkeley 10/93, Mtn View 10/94, San Jose 11/95, Mtn View 10/96, Oakland 10/97, Inglewood 7/98, Mtn View 10/99, Mtn View 10/00, Mtn View 10/01, Mtn View 6/03, Mtn View 10/03, George 9/05, SF 7/06, Mtn View 10/06, LA 10/09, San Diego 10/09, Mtn View 10/10, Vancouver 9/11, Oakland 10/13, Mtn View 10/14, Seattle 8/18
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012

andyrew46 said:

This might be nieve but I can't imagine 10C charging $50 + shipping for something you can buy separately on the site for 1/2 the price. My guess is most if not all packs will include something that will balance out that $50 you spent. The mystery boxes were way more valuable than what we paid for them. Maybe just being hopeful here, I guess we'll see next week and when members start getting their eagerly anticipated UPS packages...
    The problem is - there's only so many 'valuable' items in the 7"/10" column. Nowhere near enough of them to compensate for the # of 'cheap' LP's out there (the 'non Ed' side projects, LB, Backspacer, etc.). Unless the list was a vague reference that they didn't stick too, the math says there's going to be a lot of people getting $20-30 packages.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Sarava said:

andyrew46 said:

The problem is - there's only so many 'valuable' items in the 7"/10" column. Nowhere near enough of them to compensate for the # of 'cheap' LP's out there (the 'non Ed' side projects, LB, Backspacer, etc.). Unless the list was a vague reference that they didn't stick too, the math says there's going to be a lot of people getting $20-30 packages.
    Yeah I'm not feeling to optimistic about the odds at this point. I have every Xmas single since 93 (2 or 3 copies of some) and most of the LPs I want minus the "big" ones everyone wants. I even have an Avocado. So I'm just planning on my wife getting pissed when it gets to the house and I open it to find some junk I already have or Tres Mts. :) (no offense to Tres Mts but already got it on CD with the mystery box)

I mean, can't wait to get my Riot Act or Benny!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    AO253126 said:

mindi said:

Still nothing! I'm having a cookie break :lol:

What do they have planned for you!!??? I can not wait to see what you get.
    Notice that they never said the contents of the boxes would be a mystery, a la the mystery poster sale from last year where they basically randomly threw a poster into a tube. If I worked in the 10 club warehouse, the one box that I would be sure to "rig" would be leezestarr's to ensure that a Benaroya Hall got in there. It would be kind of like the way the band fulfills a particularly impassioned plea to play a given song at a given show (e.g. Come Back at Wrigley).
    You're too nice :smiley: You are all so nice! This would be amazing, I would not know what to say. So far, my package is still sitting in the shipping facility. I think it will enjoy a lazy weekend before it gets shipped haha I am still excited, no matter what we get. All the guessing and anticipation was well worth it so far. But I am trying to be realistic. With the stress on "trying" :lol: I hope everybody has a wonderful Friday!