Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    FoxyRedLa said:

Facebook has been mentioned a few times in this thread. I hate that. I wish they'd post here damn it!

Agreed!
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    AO253126 said:

mindi said:

Still nothing! I'm having a cookie break :lol:

What do they have planned for you!!??? I can not wait to see what you get.
    Notice that they never said the contents of the boxes would be a mystery, a la the mystery poster sale from last year where they basically randomly threw a poster into a tube. If I worked in the 10 club warehouse, the one box that I would be sure to "rig" would be leezestarr's to ensure that a Benaroya Hall got in there. It would be kind of like the way the band fulfills a particularly impassioned plea to play a given song at a given show (e.g. Come Back at Wrigley).
    I will be disappointed if this ISN'T true. They already had a Benny in a box sealed and ready to go.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    edited April 2015
    looking at the distribution makes me feel a lot better about missing out. Going by max numbers, very loosely, only about 145 of what I want, out of 1,065. As a collector, I already have most/all of the backfill stuff

odds:
    Benny .9%
    Into the Wild 2.8%
    Red Lightning Bolt 9.38%
    Lost Dogs .9%
    RNDM Orange 1.87%
    Avocado 4.69% (probably the biggest motivation to get in there)
    PJ20 Color 3.75%
    PJ20 3.75%
    White Backspacer .9%
    Yield .9%
    Riot Act .9%
    RVM .9%
    Coke 10 2.8%
    LO10L 6.1%
    Vs Reissue .9%
    10 Original .47%
    Mad Season Above #d 6.57%
    Ukulele 5.63%
    Lightning Bolt 9.38%
    Backspacer 9.38%
    RNDM Acts 6.57%
    Moonlander 7%
    Brad Best Friends 5.63%
    Tres Mts 7.5%

Really want Avocado, Yield, and Lost Dogs. Only just over a 6% chance of getting that including a Benny for trade opportunity (own one).
    VERY high odds of getting a common. I also dont care too much about the 7"-10s.

Odds of getting a Side Project, Backspacer, LB (including red), Ukulele, or LO10L is about 70%. Its >75% if you include the mad season.

with that said I would buy a mystery pack right now
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    I just hope 2.27 is enough for a Lost Dogs, RVM, PJ20 and a 7", though I doubt it.

With all the mystery vinyl threads, I can't remember which one had the weight of these... Anyone know.

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    Did someone say baklava?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

Did someone say baklava?

word.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Mine is 3.3000 lbs. Got a big one! projected delivery 4/29
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    jordn6971 said:

Mine is 3.3000 lbs. Got a big one! projected delivery 4/29

Wow. Your package is heavy and thick! I have a feeling mine is much more adolescent in size, girth, and weight. :(
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I just weighed the benaroya vinyl... 2lbs, 15.4oz
    Best of luck, mine isn't that heavy :/
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    AO253126 said:

mindi said:

Notice that they never said the contents of the boxes would be a mystery, a la the mystery poster sale from last year where they basically randomly threw a poster into a tube. If I worked in the 10 club warehouse, the one box that I would be sure to "rig" would be leezestarr's to ensure that a Benaroya Hall got in there. It would be kind of like the way the band fulfills a particularly impassioned plea to play a given song at a given show (e.g. Come Back at Wrigley).
    While Leezestarr seems to be a super fine person based on her posts I think that would be a disaster of an idea. The song request threads got ridiculous here after they played a few requested songs. People were requesting multiple songs and the entire first page of the The Porch was dedicated to threads about requests - either people requesting songs for their own personal cause or people complaining about all the song requests.

I don't think the fan club should step out onto this slippery slope. It will trigger an onslaught of mystery poster/vinyl/box requests.

P.S. If Leezestarr is lucky enough to score a Benny just post on here that you got a Backspacer. ;)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    To track the package I have to track by reference, mail innovations, and then enter the order number +1, correct? Whenever I do that it tells me that UPS could not locate the package.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    on2legs said:

AO253126 said:

mindi said:

While Leezestarr seems to be a super fine person based on her posts I think that would be a disaster of an idea. The song request threads got ridiculous here after they played a few requested songs. People were requesting multiple songs and the entire first page of the The Porch was dedicated to threads about requests - either people requesting songs for their own personal cause or people complaining about all the song requests.

I don't think the fan club should step out onto this slippery slope. It will trigger an onslaught of mystery poster/vinyl/box requests.

P.S. If Leezestarr is lucky enough to score a Benny just post on here that you got a Backspacer. ;)
    I figure we should just tell petty people to cram it up their asses, and Leeze can express her joy openly for the benefit of all the non-petty members. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Seriously...this has become the best thread ever.....
    1.9 lbs....feeling underwhelmed right now....is it possible that they mistakenly put in two holiday singles? How about that as being pessimistic? No place to go but up from there.....come on Tres Mtns.....at least it is a full size album....and will become my favorite in their catalogue.....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

AO253126 said:

mindi said:

I figure we should just tell petty people to cram it up their asses, and Leeze can express her joy openly for the benefit of all the non-petty members. ;)
    I personally hope everyone gets a Benny. But once the Ten Club opens that door... watch how many people try to cram through it next time.

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

Seriously...this has become the best thread ever.....
    1.9 lbs....feeling underwhelmed right now....is it possible that they mistakenly put in two holiday singles? How about that as being pessimistic? No place to go but up from there.....come on Tres Mtns.....at least it is a full size album....and will become my favorite in their catalogue.....

Does anyone know the exact weight of a black Backspacer and a 2012 holiday single?

• Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    PJ_Soul said:

on2legs said:

AO253126 said:

mindi said:

I agree with PJ Soul! No need to hide the joy, There would be nothing fishy about it and it would be something to celebrate.

IF it happens and IF it results in a bunch of request threads, then so be it. I've learned to ignore threads that don't interest me and I suspect most others do as well.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited April 2015
    Oh hell, I would not want to stir up any anger. If it happens, it happens by chance and luck. And if it does, I will certainly post about it. I do not see my reissue thread as a pledge to send me one. I truly want everybody to be able to get their hands on one. Because it is such a beautiful album. If I don't get one this time around, I will turn my attention to other possible ways of one day getting one.
    So far with my package not being shipped yet, I am enjoying the anticipation of what could be. And even if it turns out that it cannot be a Benny, there is a lot of other really cool stuff that might be in there. I mean a coloured PJ20?! The rest of the studio albums? Sevens? Mad Season? That is all some really rad stuff. I am trying to always just peek enough through my eyes when I check the tracking website so that I don't see the weight. I hope I can maintain that till the end. Probably not, but that is part of the fun of a mystery sale!
    Loosen up, folks, and look happily forward to some new wax that is coming your way. We all knew that it was a gamble, and we went right in for it. Enjoy the anticipation! Thrive in your vinyl fantasies! Something good is gonna come. To your mailbox. And soon!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options

Oh hell, I would not want to stir up any anger. If it happens, it happens by chance and luck. And if it does, I will certainly post about it. I do not see my reissue thread as a pledge to send me one. I truly want everybody to be able to get their hands on one. Because it is such a beautiful album. If I don't get one this time around, I will turn my attention to other possible ways of one day getting one.
    So far with my package not being shipped yet, I am enjoying the anticipation of what could be. And even if it turns out that it cannot be a Benny, there is a lot of other really cool stuff that might be in there. I mean a coloured PJ20?! The rest of the studio albums? Sevens? Mad Season? That is all some really rad stuff. I am trying to always just peek enough through my eyes when I check the tracking website so that I don't see the weight. I hope I can maintain that till the end. Probably not, but that is part of the fun of a mystery sale!
    Loosen up, folks, and look happily forward to some new wax that is coming your way. We all knew that it was a gamble, and we went right in for it. Enjoy the anticipation! Thrive in your vinyl fantasies! Something good is gonna come. To your mailbox. And soon!

No anger towards you at all. You have every right to hope for that Benny. I do hope you snag one. Good luck!

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    wall232 said:

To track the package I have to track by reference, mail innovations, and then enter the order number +1, correct? Whenever I do that it tells me that UPS could not locate the package.

That's for international people. Just put the order number into UPS.com if you're in the States.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    There sure seems to be a lot of package envy on here!!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548

1.0750 pounds......... I think I got an empty box.

WOW!>yours is lower then mine(1.6000 LB.s) and i didn't think that was possible>LOL!!

I think i got cotton balls. I'll trade you my cotton balls for your empty box>LOL!!

Don't care what i get. If i get something i already have i'll probably trade, or more likely, give it away.

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    I just cleared my cookies hoping this ongoing reminder was flushed.

I am surprised no one that has them all has not made a table and listed them all with weight listed. Come on now
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited April 2015
    anyone have a Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupon for me??
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/salter-touchless-tare-digital-kitchen-scale/1043625741?Keyword=scale

"Weighs in ultra precise increments of 0.01 oz. up to 30 lb."

who is weighing up to 30 pounds of food in the kitchen? Damn, now i want that!
    Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Do you all also try to figure out what's in your Christmas presents before opening them? Boring! ;-)
    Mr Bjornstigen
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    edited April 2015
    pjtaper said:

I just weighed the benaroya vinyl... 2lbs, 15.4oz
    Best of luck, mine isn't that heavy :/

15.4 ounces equals 0.9625 pounds.

I figured out that my package at 2.32 pounds is about the rough equivalent of 5.84 180gram LPs. Ok, smart ones...what'd I get? Maybe a Sevens? ...or a red Lightning Bolt?
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ^^^^^^^

I'm no genius, but i'm pretty sure 15.4 lbs doesn't equal 0.9625 pounds ;)

But 15.4 ounces does :blush:

Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Dream

I just got done watching that documentary.... Basically 2 film students put out a rather large ad campaign for a new supermarket grand opening near Prague. The ads stated "Don't Come" , "Don't Buy" , "Don't Spend" ect.
    Yet 3000 people of all ages showed up to the grand opening in a grassy field ready to shop...

Semi relevant to being part of the 10C and subject to all these sales and advertisings... we're definitely all part of the BUY BUY BUY and maybe get a little pissed if we miss out society...

Here's one of my all time favorite quotes:

"Advertising: the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it."

Stephen Leacock

Author Profession: Economist
    Nationality: Canadian
    Born: December 30, 1869
    Died: March 28, 1944

i like sound...
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,422
    camaros said:

Here's one of my all time favorite quotes:

"Advertising: the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it."

Stephen Leacock

Author Profession: Economist
    Nationality: Canadian
    Born: December 30, 1869
    Died: March 28, 1944

Or in other words:

Advertising: Getting people to buy shit they don't really need.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    A week later and a couple different emails yet 10 club can't even bother to respond to me. I never even so much as got an answer from them as to whether or not my card would be charged. I know the answer but only because of the forums. Thanks for nothing 10 club.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    camaros said:

^^^^^^^

I'm no genius, but i'm pretty sure 15.4 lbs doesn't equal 0.9625 pounds ;)

But 15.4 ounces does :blush:

Oof!

It was quite late when that "backwards" post was made, but at least you know what I meant.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"