Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,905
    I'm in, too bad it will be the first day in months that I will have limited or no reception.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,322

nicknyr15 said:

Where the hell did they pull 40-50 copies of Avocado LP! ?lol

I wondered that too! That seems like a lot considering how limited that was. And I bet they won't have bent corners/spines!
    How limited was it? I remember the vinyl only being sold by the 10c (I think it was one of the few not available at retail). I don't recall it being hard to get, nor do I recall it selling out super quick. Look at how many Beneroya's the 10c keeps pulling out and that was a limited print of 2000. Doesn't surprise me at all they have some Avacodo's. It was a 10c only release.
  • Options
    AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 395

sorry 10 Club but this is another failure.
    members all deserve a shot at vinyl and this mystery sale will piss off more than please.
    Think about it, you could get a Brad, Tres Mts, Backspacer or LB vinyl that goes for $15-$20 and a Fixer 7" which is a few bucks ANYWHERE and still pay $50+shipping
    DOES ANYONE NOT SEE THAT?!?

Uuuh? :confused:
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    So is this limited to current members or can flippers pay 20 bucks to sign up and have a crack at it?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,056
    Here's an idea:
    Anyone that gets any vinyl that they don't want, donate it to me and Operation Yellow Ribbon for a future raffle that I run where i can use them as runner up prizes. You would at least get a few bucks back on your tax return as I can send you a receipt for their market value. Just throwing it out there, thinking out loud. Lessens the blow a little bit if you spend $50 and get something you don't want
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661

They can cancel order anytime they want and for no reason?......great business disclaimer. Ill pass.

I'm thinking they probably said that so they can weed out the people they know as regular flippers. Not so they plan on just randomly canceling orders.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Zod said:

It was a 10c only release.

i bought avocado at the record store. it most definitely wasn't a 10c only release.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607

Yeah, ultimately, you guys gotta see this as a Vegas style thing. You're throwing $50 out there mainly for the adrenaline rush for when that box appears on your porch. Plus, it'll kinda be like applying for college: if a little envelope shows up, you know you're screwed. If it's a nice big ol' box... then hey, maybe your Benaroya Box admission forms await.

That said, ol' Andy up there hit the nail on the head. Can't wait for that thread.

Sincerely,

Dude who will surely wind up with a nicely rounded out PJ side project vinyl collection

Or they might use boxes for everything and mess with your head.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269

Here's an idea:
    Anyone that gets any vinyl that they don't want, donate it to me and Operation Yellow Ribbon for a future raffle that I run where i can use them as runner up prizes. You would at least get a few bucks back on your tax return as I can send you a receipt for their market value. Just throwing it out there, thinking out loud. Lessens the blow a little bit if you spend $50 and get something you don't want

great idea..but i guess most will try to trade them..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Here's an idea:

great idea..but i guess most will try to trade them..
    That's even a better idea!
  • Options

Here's an idea:

Love it!
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    It will be like the Mike McCready Vinyl on Films sale, where the majority of us will get caught in the shopping cart loop and when we finally are able to check out it will be sold out :bawling:
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Dave, you're always up to something aren't you?? Hmmmm. I agree with Dave's idea.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    I am so pumped.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,905

Here's an idea:

Love it!
    And there will be a lot of unhappy people.... like always haha

This is a good idea
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,153
    demetrios said:

Sweet mother of god!!!

We are happy to offer Current Ten Club Members the opportunity to purchase a 2015 Record Store Day Ten Club Mystery Vinyl Package. This sale will start on Saturday, April 18 at 10am Eastern.

Each package, limited to 1 per member, will contain one 12" and one single (7" or 10") vinyl release. Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready releases will be included.

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,554
    Zod said:

nicknyr15 said:

Where the hell did they pull 40-50 copies of Avocado LP! ?lol

I wondered that too! That seems like a lot considering how limited that was. And I bet they won't have bent corners/spines!
    How limited was it? I remember the vinyl only being sold by the 10c (I think it was one of the few not available at retail). I don't recall it being hard to get, nor do I recall it selling out super quick. Look at how many Beneroya's the 10c keeps pulling out and that was a limited print of 2000. Doesn't surprise me at all they have some Avacodo's. It was a 10c only release.
    It was certainly not 10c only. There were copies at my local record shops at the time but I'd already bought mine through 10c.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,591

Here's an idea:

Postage is too expensive to mail the package back to the States, so if I receive something I don't want I'll just pass it along to you or someone that can get it to you at a future show.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Why now u dont F5ing?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    Here's an idea... instead of buying more stuff, how about donating the $50 to your local animal welfare charity, which they desperately need & then listen to the stuff you already have
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

Here's an idea:

Postage is too expensive to mail the package back to the States, so if I receive something I don't want I'll just pass it along to you or someone that can get it to you at a future show.
    thanks Eric as that is kind of you. wow, amazing support from so many in this community
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Wow maybe i can recoup something i didnt want.to sell. Doubt it. Ill get brad and sbc single. Lol.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I'd love to finish off my collection for 50. A man can dream can't he???
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2015
    Yo Santos... You have 1999 & 2000 7" listed twice with different amounts allotted?

Just a heads up
  • Options

Why now u dont F5ing?

:rofl:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

It will be like the Mike McCready Vinyl on Films sale, where the majority of us will get caught in the shopping cart loop and when we finally are able to check out it will be sold out :bawling:

Don't Cry !!!

It will be ok.....I promise. Haha

This news just made my day though !!
    Some good stuff in there for people who've been looking....
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Now the only thing that would make this better would be that some of the vinyls be signed by the whole band. How freaking awesome would that be. Lookie there. I got a signed Benny in my mystery vinyl box!!! I'd scream like my 4 year old daughter
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Now the only thing that would make this better would be that some of the vinyls be signed by the whole band. How freaking awesome would that be. Lookie there. I got a signed Benny in my mystery vinyl box!!! I'd scream like my 4 year old daughter

shoot, send me a black backspacer if it's signed by the band! what a great idea!
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

PP193448 said:

shoot, send me a black backspacer if it's signed by the band! what a great idea!
    Agree =).
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262

demetrios said:

Sweet mother of god!!!

We are happy to offer Current Ten Club Members the opportunity to purchase a 2015 Record Store Day Ten Club Mystery Vinyl Package. This sale will start on Saturday, April 18 at 10am Eastern.

Each package, limited to 1 per member, will contain one 12" and one single (7" or 10") vinyl release. Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready releases will be included.

10C came over to my house and took a picture of this in my basement yesterday. hehe.