Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
     The more I read the more I see what a bad move Trump made but I m not seeing this Iranian as the next Franz Ferdinand.  
    More like the Killers?
    Hanson. 
    Nirvana?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
     The more I read the more I see what a bad move Trump made but I m not seeing this Iranian as the next Franz Ferdinand.  
    More like the Killers?
    Hanson. 
    Nirvana?

That s them!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    What is it going to take for the Middle East to come out of the dark ages?  My guesses are Education, women’s rights, end Israel’s occupation of Palestinian areas and ending Iran’s influence in so many countries and conflicts.  What is done is done and all I can do is hope at some point this will all work out.  

• Options
    Jason P said:
    It also seems reckless that a cunning battlefield leader would expose himself as he did ... he has been fighting wars as long as I have walked this planet.  Was he over confident?  Did he assume that since he hadn’t been targeted in the past that he felt he was off limits?  Or was he ordered there by someone who outranked him?  If so, why would Iran expose a well known leader?
    Good questions.  It was very reckless.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    What is it going to take for the Middle East to come out of the dark ages?  My guesses are Education, women’s rights, end Israel’s occupation of Palestinian areas and ending Iran’s influence in so many countries and conflicts.  What is done is done and all I can do is hope at some point this will all work out.  

So in other words never going to happen ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Not to worry, Jared is on the case.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    Israel is never ever going to retreat from occupied Palestine territory! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736

Better education and improved women's rights are needed nearly universally.  Yes, the Israeli/ Palestinian situation is an on going mess.

But "what's done is done" implies, "Oh well, let's forget that and move on."  But the fact is, that what's been done has created widespread concern for "heightened tensions in the middle east" (AKA another war), a more dangerous world, great risk of retaliation from the middle east, and the biggest gamble Trump has ever taken in his presidency.  It could backfire on him big time.  Not that I would mind that, but I do mind that this makes the world more unstable than ever.  This is more than a "what's done is done" situation.  Far more.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Why are people freaking out that this could lead to world war 3? Like I said, I don’t see this as a franz Ferdinand replay. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Why are people freaking out that this could lead to world war 3? Like I said, I don’t see this as a franz Ferdinand replay. 
    I don’t either.  I don’t know what their end game is.  Iran can’t beat the US in a war so they aren’t going to go to full on war mode in the region.  Starting a war isn’t going to get rid of economic sanctions.  Gotta see what Russia would do.   The more real concern is targeted attacks a few times a year.  Trump will bomb them if they start up the nuclear program again. 

As crazy as Trump is, I think Iran has to be a little nervous that Trump isn’t going to take their shit if they try to retaliate.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I hope you're right, McG. Time will tell.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    It really sucks.  The world could be so much safer and more evolved if the US, Russia and China could work together to do good.  
  • Options
    It really sucks.  The world could be so much safer and more evolved if the US, Russia and China could work together to do good.  
    And Sweden.. someone needs to lasso those trouble makers.  
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Cursor got stuck in a quote that I didn't want to comment on.  So this post is just to get it to move on.
  • Options
    is this actually true?

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    mcgruff10 said:

Let’s say a popular general, like Petraeus, while active, was assassinated by North Korea or Russia. Easy peasy, we take that lying down, right?

I wouldn’t say it’s WW3 but we could be looking at another trillion dollar war. For what? This whole mess is a result of republican escalations and new sanctions with Iran.

If there’s another Republican Middle East war coming, let it be fully funded by red states and served men and women strictly from red states.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    is this actually true?

Among others who indicate that this is true:
    Fox via fox10phoenix
    vox.com
    Rolling Stone
    politico.com
    Washington Post
    CNN
    thehill.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    is this actually true?

Fox via fox10phoenix
    vox.com
    Rolling Stone
    politico.com
    Washington Post
    CNN
    thehill.com
    theres a tweet for everything....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    is this actually true?

Fox via fox10phoenix
    vox.com
    Rolling Stone
    politico.com
    Washington Post
    CNN
    thehill.com
    Unreal.  I want to play devils advocate but I can’t.  Lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    is this actually true?

Fox via fox10phoenix
    vox.com
    Rolling Stone
    politico.com
    Washington Post
    CNN
    thehill.com
    Unreal.  I want to play devils advocate but I can’t.  Lol
    King of projection
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t either.  I don’t know what their end game is.  Iran can’t beat the US in a war so they aren’t going to go to full on war mode in the region.  Starting a war isn’t going to get rid of economic sanctions.  Gotta see what Russia would do.   The more real concern is targeted attacks a few times a year.  Trump will bomb them if they start up the nuclear program again. 

As crazy as Trump is, I think Iran has to be a little nervous that Trump isn’t going to take their shit if they try to retaliate.  
    This is a very insightful post.  There is a lot of good material.
    *Not going to take their shit
    *Can't beat US in a war
    *Can't start nuclear program again
    * What Russia thinks about this?
    Very good question.  Maybe Trump and Putin aren't as good of friends as we have been told.
    * All of our presidents over the last 40 years (Obama, W Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, & Carter,  have pretty much done nothing to slow this guy (whose name most of us did not know until recently) down,  despite the 4 decades of mayhem and lost human lives.
    Finally,  this guy was planning another big attack that we probably will never learn about, was taken out.
    No matter what side of the political spectrum you are on I would think that this is more good than bad.   If Obama had made the same call, I would have applauded him, the same way I did when he made the call to take out Bin Laden.
    It's rare but I think there are some things we can agree on.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*Can't beat US in a war
    Very good question.  Maybe Trump and Putin aren't as good of friends as we have been told.
    * All of our presidents over the last 40 years have pretty much done nothing to slow this guy (whose name I did not know until recently) down,  despite the 4 decades of mayhem and lost human lives.
    Finally,  this guy was planning another big attack that we probably will never learn about, was taken out.
    No matter what side of the political spectrum you are on I would think that this is more good than bad.   If Obama had made the same call, I would have applauded him, the same way I did when he made the call to take out Bin Laden.
    No matter what side of the political spectrum you are on, taking "this guy" out has the potential to destabilize everything in the Middle East. This isn't some terrorist organization like Al Qaeda was, this is arguably the second-highest ranking government official in Iran, almost universally admired within the region. Good or bad will be determined over time, but this act was reckless. If impulsiveness is what you like exhibited in a leader, go for it. I hope no one works for you. 

It's indeed rare to agree with you on here, and this is not going to be one of those times.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*Can't beat US in a war
    * All of our presidents over the last 40 years ( Obama, W Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, & Carter,  have pretty much done nothing to slow this guy (whose name I did not know until recently) down,  despite the 4 decades of mayhem and lost human lives.
    Hate to break it to you but the Iranian nuclear program has already been restarted and the US can’t defeat Iran in a war, without going full on nuclear, either. Iran will acquire nuclear weapons, either on the black market via NK or Pakistan or, more likely, on their own. They’ll take the long view. In the meantime, their proxies and allies will commit terrorist acts targeting Americans and “westerners” at a time and place of their choosing, with Putin on the ritz helping to rub it in while reminding Team Trump Treason of the kompromant (Putin on the ritz remembers Afghanistan in a big way). If and when the blowback occurs, it’ll be ugly. Remember, Team Trump Treason is playing checkers and thinking he’s playing 4D chess. Oh and yea, you won’t learn about the “impending attack” because there wasn’t one.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,167
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    "Wandering around the embassy"?  I can always count on Rhyme to give us new,  inaccurate information. 
    Whoops I knew that meant to say Airport .
    (whatever fine)  So he was wandering around the airport baggage claim. Now he's claiming his rewards on the other side.  Fantastic
    You still would rather back a regime like that than stand up for the United States regardless of who the president is.
    Own it.
    And where do you get your news? Wandering around baggage claim? 
    Hahaha, that was just my rendition of he went from here to there.  I don't know exactly what he was doing at the airport when he got smoked but he is,
    WHERE HE BELONGS gone!
    I do not read The Daily Caller, I don't have time for that s***.  I was doing a brief search about Rose McGowan's tweet so I could pass it on to you fine people.
    I grabbed the first one that poped up. I don't read The Daily Caller thank you.  So you actually know more about the Daily Caller than I do.  I just wanted the quotes from the tweet.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1213101280278790150?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
    So this is her response.  Typical person who's been brainwashed by the left.
    Oh but we are trapped here with no way out of this wretched USA really?
    " I just don't want to see any more American soldiers killed"
    That is a total  b******* walking it back response.  What the hell does that have to do with being trapped in America? " please go easy on us"
    And the killing of this dude is a disrespect to the Iranian flag and the Iranian people really??  He has an awful lot of Iranian blood on his hands.  So by taking him out, if that's disrespect to the Iranian flag what kind of crap is that?  " oh I just freaked out I don't want any more Americans killed"  No, no, it doesn't matter what happened or who just got taken out, or how significant it is, you Rose McGowan, along with the entire globalist left just hate Trump.  Doesn't matter what he does.
    I know you people here pretty much hate too and that's fine.  I'm cool with that.  I'm not embarrassed by anything I've said.  When I said Embassy earlier, I meant to say Airport, but he was so instrumental in the embassy attacks, including Benghazi, + 40 years worth of Mayhem and the guy is finally gone.  No president in the last 40 years that had the guts to do the right thing.  Other presidents have had their chances and passed on it, allowing him to keep on killing.
    How old am I?? 
    I'm old enough to know that political correctness has run amok.

Why are you so upset the left hates trump? He practically asks the left to hate him. You know this but pretend it isn’t true. Trump makes zero effort to work fairly with the left and colluded with foreign governments to create a fake perception his opponent was a criminal in every election during his life.

It was ok when the right hated Obama? Did you complain about that?

Big difference with Obama. He reached out to the right. He appointed republicans to his cabinet more than once.

obamas signature healthcare law had over 160 republican amendments added to the law. Huge difference between hate from the left vs hate from the right. 
    You know what?  That's awsome!!  And I was not critical of Obama @ every turn.
    Trump has tried to work with the Democrats every step of the way, and make deals!!  You get this, we get that! And sign them. 
    He would have loved to get bipartisan bills passed for the American people but,  at every turn they do nothing bipartisan with him because they want to keep his wins to a minimum.  The Dems never had any intention of working with Trump to get things done, they have been trying to remove him since November 2016 before he even got into office.
    good post. except exactly none of this is true. none of it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited January 2020
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*Can't beat US in a war
    * All of our presidents over the last 40 years (Obama, W Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, & Carter,  have pretty much done nothing to slow this guy (whose name most of us did not know until recently) down,  despite the 4 decades of mayhem and lost human lives.
    Also, I see you edited your original post to say that "most of us didn't know" his name, as though that matters. The people who Donald Trump was fearful of enough to state that the nuclear deal wasn't enough to stop them (though his replacement of "nothing" leaves some room for improvement), thought of this man as the second-most powerful in their nation in terms of economic and military advancements in the region. That's seriously the bear you want to poke (or blow up)?

Edit: just to remind people of the chain of events:
    1. Criticize the strength of a nuclear deal with Iran, and state how it threatens the existence of the USA. Nullify the deal to replace it with a better one.
    2. Don't replace it with anything.
    3. Antagonize by killing highly ranked military officials

Uh... how do I make this simpler?
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*Can't beat US in a war
    * All of our presidents over the last 40 years ( Obama, W Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, & Carter,  have pretty much done nothing to slow this guy (whose name I did not know until recently) down,  despite the 4 decades of mayhem and lost human lives.
    Hate to break it to you but the Iranian nuclear program has already been restarted and the US can’t defeat Iran in a war, without going full on nuclear, either. Iran will acquire nuclear weapons, either on the black market via NK or Pakistan or, more likely, on their own. They’ll take the long view. In the meantime, their proxies and allies will commit terrorist acts targeting Americans and “westerners” at a time and place of their choosing, with Putin on the ritz helping to rub it in while reminding Team Trump Treason of the kompromant (Putin on the ritz remembers Afghanistan in a big way). If and when the blowback occurs, it’ll be ugly. Remember, Team Trump Treason is playing checkers and thinking he’s playing 4D chess. Oh and yea, you won’t learn about the “impending attack” because there wasn’t one.
     I don’t want to find out but what makes you think Iran beats the US?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,167
    mcgruff10 said:

iran alone cannot beat us in a war. but iran with assistance from other countries in the middle east could really harm us and israel, because israel is the only ally we have left that would fight to help us. even that is questionable. they take our 4 billion a year and we still have to do their dirty work for them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*Can't beat US in a war
     I don’t want to find out but what makes you think Iran beats the US?
    I don’t think Iran beats the US but I also think the US doesn’t beat Iran. Without nuking them.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjs said:
    RYME said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*Can't beat US in a war
    Also, I see you edited your original post to say that "most of us didn't know" his name, as though that matters. The people who Donald Trump was fearful of enough to state that the nuclear deal wasn't enough to stop them (though his replacement of "nothing" leaves some room for improvement), thought of this man as the second-most powerful in their nation in terms of economic and military advancements in the region. That's seriously the bear you want to poke (or blow up)?

Edit: just to remind people of the chain of events:
    1. Criticize the strength of a nuclear deal with Iran, and state how it threatens the existence of the USA. Nullify the deal to replace it with a better one.
    2. Don't replace it with anything.
    3. Antagonize by killing highly ranked military officials

Uh... how do I make this simpler?
    The 10C community is a hopeless place.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

iran alone cannot beat us in a war. but iran with assistance from other countries in the middle east could really harm us and israel, because israel is the only ally we have left that would fight to help us. even that is questionable. they take our 4 billion a year and we still have to do their dirty work for them.
    For sure.  Further destabilization is gonna be one of their main options.  Pushing the nuclear program forward too.  

It is just so fucking weird how fucked up the world still is in 2020.